CHAPTER 4

I Grow Up Like This

 " Kwon Jiyong?! "

 

 Eventhough their first meeting weren't all sunshine and rainbow, Taeyeon panickedly kneeled down beside the heaving man and worriedly looked at his current state. She sling the strap of her bag across her neck and put Jiyong's arm on her shoulders. " Yah, get back into your senses please, you're zoning out too much, " she waved her hand directly in front of his face but still received the same blank look from him. 

 

 She brought him to a mart and plopped him down on the small chair situated in front of the glass window. Hurriedly, she took out a water bottle from the fridge and paid for it at the counter.

 

 " Here, drink this and calm down, " she opened the bottle cap and handed it to him. Still with a blank expression on his face, Jiyong hesitated to take the bottle but Taeyeon eventually shoved the bottle into his hand. 

 

 " I don't know what's wrong with you nor do I want to know honestly, but you should calm down first and forget everything that you saw just now, " Taeyeon babbled as she rummaged inside her bag and took out a handkerchief. " I mean, I understand that it might be hard for someone to witness something so brutal but I wouldn't guess that someone to be you, " without her knowing, her own hand were wiping the sweat on Jiyong's forehead with her own handkerchief.

 

 Jiyong whom were drinking stopped his movement and glanced at Taeyeon whom was still focused on Jiyong's face and babbled something about being brave or facing your fears and something similar to that. Not that he was listening since her face was just a few inches away from his, making his eyes fluttered to look at her face in detail.

 

 Her gleaming eyes, her sharp nose, her porcelain skin and also her luscious lips. Yikes, he did sound like a ert but these words could describe Taeyeon perfectly in his eyes.

 

 Their eyes accidentally met and silence developed around them for a moment. 

 

 A gasp escaped Taeyeon's mouth and she instinctively threw the handkerchief on the table in front of them and awkward silence surround them. " S-sorry, I have to go, " in an instant, she walked out of the mart, leaving the dumbfounded Jiyong alone, still not blinking after the eye-contact.

 

 " What was that just now? "

 

----------------- 

 

 " Kim Taeyeon, what time is it now? "

 

 " Well, according to my watch now, it's before 9 but after 8:30, which means it's either 8:40, 8:41, 8:42, 8:43, 8... "

 

 " Alright I get it you can stop now! " Jisoo held out his hand frustratedly, surrendered after Taeyeon actually took out a uno reverse card on him. Well, after years of practicing with him she already knew his weakness or methods to avoid being scolded at. Well, that's mischievous Kim Taeyeon for you.

 

 " Why are you late? You do know that the Kwon clan could attack us anytime and anywhere and it can be dangerous for not only you but all of our clan members if you failed to defeat them, " Jisoo nagged as Taeyeon just rolled her eyes and faked a yawn just to piss him off. " Jisoo oppa, you need to put a little trust in me once in awhile okay? Let's just skip practice tonight because I have some assignments to attend to urgent, " she tapped his shoulder and gave him a cheeky smile before she turned around.

 

 " Wait, " she stopped her movements and faced Jisoo again, this time her eyebrows furrowed at the sight of the intensity in Jisoo's expression. " We gained an information regarding the Kwon's clan and apparently they're coming back with Mr. Kwon's heir this time. You better be prepare, " he said and continued nothing before he walked out of the practice room. 

 

 " Mr. Kwon has an heir? Aigoo, should I be worried or not? " she said as she took off her training gear which she already enthusiastically wore even before she got to the practice room. A sigh escaped her lips.

 

 " What kind of person he is? " she asked herself.

 

 " I can help you, " a sudden voice appeared behind her.

 

 " AAAAAA! " 

 

 Taeyeon shrieked as she turned around and instinctively held out her fists as her defense. Her widened eyes softened after she realised that the person was actually Sungjae's friend, San. Her startled face changed to a questioning one. " Why are you here? Is Sungjae oppa with you? " she looked around the hideout but saw no one else beside the man upon her.

 

 " Oh, Sungjae hyung left his boxing glove here. Hehe, you do know how precious these are to him, " San stated as he showed Sungjae's gold boxing glove which was decorated with pieces of diamond. ' He always go for the most extravagant, ' she shook her head as she though that. 

 

 " Oh, okay then. By the way, what's with the you wanting to help me?  What do you want to help me with? " she questioned as she sat on the boxing ring. San stood facing her and gave a quick small smile. He moved closer towards her, receiving a confused glare from the girl. " Y-yah, what are you doing, huh? " she scooted backwards as the guy kept on moving towards her with the same 'creepy' smile. When his lips was beside , he whispered. 

 

 " This is a secret only between us okay? " 

 

 He pulled up his sleeve and a red, flashy dragon tattoo greeted Taeyeon's eyesight. She gasped as loud as a human could. " YOU ARE A-... " before she could scream any further, San clasped his hand on and shushed her. " What happened to only between us, huh? " he hissed as he signalled Taeyeon to keep silent and she could only stare at him wide-eyed.

 

 " The between us thingy was only YOUR saying. Also, what the ?! Were you one of them or ARE you one of them? " she whispered harshly as she gripped San's arm harshly and examined the tattoo properly. " Jeez woman, slow down, " he  pulled down his sleeve and sat beside Taeyeon. 

 

 " I WAS one of them, " he said loudly and clearly the word was to ensure that he won't be harrassed by the petite woman beside him that seemingly was still shocked by the revelation. " Does Sungjae or Mr. Yook know about this? " she questioned and received a no from the boy. He sighed and ruffled his hair.

 

 " It's not much but I can give you some informations about Mr. Kwon's heir, " Taeyeon put her index finger on his lips. " Shh, come with me, " not caring whether he consent it or not, she dragged him towards her bedroom at the top floor, without Eric knowing of course, else he will flip off knowing a guy is inside his daughter's room.

 

 " This is the only safe room from any cameras or eavesdroppers or anything that could ruin our life, " she said as she locked her room and San who was still flabbergasted looked around Taeyeon's simple bedroom. " Urmm, is the meeting room unsafe too? " he asked since he clearly was awkward being in a girl's bedroom, alone, with a girl.

 

 " Eric oppa is using the room now. I don't think it would be pleasant if he knows about your identity, " Taeyeon said as she took out a small chair for San and she sat on her bed. " Okay spill, " her eyes were staring intentively at San as she was waiting for some crucial informations regarding her rival.

 

 " Mr. Kwon's heir is actually... " 

 

 Taeyeon's eyebrows arched upwards for the next word.

 

 "... a coward, "

 

 " HUH?! "

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N : Alright this chap might not have much but I just want to update soon, so COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE IT GIVES ME ENERGYYYY TO UPDATEEE    love yall <3