Chapter 12: Art of Seduction

Crimson Pride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fortunately, the five-day break took place before the meeting which was the reason why the festive mood of the couple was kept high up. Checking, double-checking, and triple-checking the military supplies had already become a habit of the Colonel’s and she could not help but do it even for this short trip of theirs.

Being excited was an understatement for the Colonel because this would mark the very first time that she would be out on a real date with her lover of a Strategist. This was inappropriate of them but their frequent late night rendezvous had been equally scandalous as well, Seulgi was extremely certain that the sentries that were posted outside their respective tents knew and it was because of Seulgi’s kind treatment of her own that news about the couple had not spread. Or has it already? Whatever it was, at least she was a Colonel now and it did not sound so bad that a Colonel was with a Strategist.

Joohyun had agreed for them to ride out of the camp separately, each of them bringing along two horses, and their necessities, all other expenses would naturally be paid for by Seulgi. This was as expected of a gentleman, Seulgi thought.  

Dressed in her all-black robes, as how she was often decked in when she was still a young master at the Kang Manor, Seulgi felt a sense of nostalgia washing over her. When was the last time she visited her family? The answer that came back was “never” ever since she had enlisted into the military. Nonetheless, she had kept in touch frequently with them, of course, it was always with regards to business-related matters and never more. Seulgi’s heart became heavier from these thoughts, she should really go back and visit her father sometime soon. Perhaps they could go visit her elder brother in the suburbs together as well. The Colonel’s spirits was only lifted up when she saw the familiar silhouette on the horse.

Seulgi smiled. The Strategist had always looked suave in the iron battle armour she wore but she had exchanged them in favour of riding leathers for this trip of theirs, and that made her look gorgeous as usual. Even the white veil across her face that was to keep the dust out of her face could not mask her beauty.

Seulgi’s grin grew wider as she too, had remembered to prepare a veil for herself, but in her case, she had favoured the colour black. Putting on her own veil, and getting on her horse, the Colonel waited patiently for the Strategist to arrive with an eager outstretched arm. All the time surveying her surroundings furtively, behaving like a spy.  

 

Joohyun wanted to laugh at the Colonel’s actions. Why was her Seulgi behaving so mushily? This was so unlike the Colonel who always pretended that they did not know each other before the others when they were out in the open.

“You’re early.” Joohyun remarked with an impressed look on her face. 

The Strategist hesitated for a while before she neared the Colonel enough to receive the outstretched hand with her own and giggled. She stopped immediately when she saw the overly-smitten face of the Colonel’s and cleared as she asked.

“Why are you so early?”

Seulgi shrugged, the grin on her face growing wider as she swung their arms for a while before replying. “I don’t know, I thought men are supposed to be early?”

Joohyun gave a wry smile. Her Colonel seems extremely happy to be out on a date, looking so much like a child now. It warmed Joohyun’s heart slightly so see her Seulgi looking so cheerful and so free of troubles at the moment. It contrasted heavily to when they had been together at the camp. These two years, Seulgi had grown and matured so much as a military man. Yet, despite Seulgi’s splendid achievements, it sometimes still pained Joohyun to know that Seulgi was burdened with so much expectations from her family.

“Shall we go?” Joohyun asked, sounding very much like a big sister urging a younger sibling until the Colonel nodded and without a second word, took the lead, like a confident man.

 

They had set out at dawn and it was near evening by the time they reached their destination. To their dismay, they learnt that almost all inns in town was fully occupied because the Lantern Festival was extremely popular that year. Unwilling to pull ranks on these innkeepers and bribe them with money, they continued searching. Visiting inns after inns, they finally found one that had only a room left. It was a luxurious suite and so Seulgi took it without hesitating. She would worry about their modesty later or perhaps there was no need to since they were out by themselves anyway.

While paying, Seulgi thought she heard a familiar voice. Was it Chanyeol’s voice? Seulgi turned to peer around but did not see anyone of familiar sight and so she let it pass.

The Lantern Festival was to take place over three days starting from this night. Seulgi wondered if they should take a rest first before it started but Joohyun had already beaten her to it.

The Strategist had thrown aside her riding leathers, and was lying on the large bed, beckoning her over seductively. The Colonel gulped, not sure if she should try to find another room right then but Seulgi found herself nearing the bed as if she was bewitched. When Seulgi was close enough, the Strategist had playfully gripped her legs with her own. Seulgi found herself lurching and falling forward. Landing atop the Strategist, Seulgi gasped. There were completely alone now, with no sentries outside any tents, with no patrols making their rounds in the camp. If Seulgi had been a real man, she would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter