Chocolate Hearts (Kogyeol)

Up10tion Oneshots and Scenarios

Genre: Pure Fluff

Word Count: 3,316

A/N: No one asked for this but I wanted to write for him so here it is

 - Admin Ania 


Playing truth or dare is fun, right? WRONG. At least when it involves my crush and my best friends while having a sleepover. Xiao had invited us to his uncle’s house on the beach on Jeju and of course we all said yes. Kuhn and Jinhoo were practically ecstatic with anticipation while the others were just running around like school girls. Wooshin and Sunyoul were planning all the games and activities we would be doing, Bitto and Hwanhee took charge of bringing food, Kuhn and Jinhoo planned the sleeping arrangements. Xiao and I were left to make sure we had everything we needed.

And then there was Natasha. All of us met in middle school and ended up going to the same high school so we got to hangout more. She’s the sweetest girl I’ve ever met in my life, I sometimes wonder if she’s an angel. Her heart is as big as Wei’s, she cares for everyone, she will go out of her way to help others, just everything about her I love. Especially her laugh, it’s adorable, even though she says it’s incredibly unattractive.

I’ll be honest, when I first heard her laugh I wasn’t sure what to think initially but after hearing it once more I was hooked. She snorts when she laughs, especially when she thinks something is really funny. When I talked to her about this she said she sounded like a pig, to which I, along with Wei, told her she was wrong. We both think it’s cute and it shows her real side, it proves she has nothing to hide from anyone. Anyway, enough of me gushing about my crush on this adorable girl.

Today is the day we are heading to Jeju for a few days and I couldn’t be more excited. It’s not very often that all of us can get a weekend alone, considering our parents are all protective. We all met up at my house then went go to pick up Natasha, she lives the closest to Jeju. Kuhn drove his care while I took mine, splitting our group up to make the traveling easier.

“Alright, six of you come with me and the rest of you pile in with Kogyeol so that Natasha can be in his car.”

“Shut up hyung.”

Kuhn laughed, lightly swatting at my arm. I knew he was just trying to be funny but they all know how I feel about her. Ever since the eighth grade I’ve had a crush on her, but she only ever saw me as a friend. I was always there to help her with the bad break ups, to listen to how great her dates were, everything that I wished I could be to her.

Nevertheless, they all listened to Kuhn: Hwanhee, Wooshin, Jinhoo, Bitto, and Sunyoul went with him. I got Wei, Xiao, and Gyujin, plus Natasha. Oh, this was going to be a hell of a ride five hours of being teased by the children wasn’t what I needed or wanted. I wasn’t going to complain though, I had Natasha who could always make my moon improve.

We set off toward her house, arriving around one in the afternoon. I got out of the car and walked up to her front door. When I got to it, I reached out my hand but paused: what was I doing? Wei saw me freeze at the door and decided to yell for her to come outside.

“HEY! NATASHA!!”

Within five seconds the door flew open to reveal a short girl with long hair that was dyed the same shade of red as mine once was. She was wearing her glasses, she always says she doesn’t look good in them, and a bright smile graced her lips. I smiled back and waited for her to grab her things, then I whipped my head around and glared at Wei. He just shrugged his shoulders and smiled innocently at me from the car.

“Mom, I’m leaving now! See you in two days!”

“Be safe!”

“Of course!”

She ran down the stairs to greet Wei, who was standing at the ready to help her put her gym bag in the car. I sighed heavily as I walked down the stairs and got in the driver’s seat. The two of them hopped in but this time Wei wasn’t sitting shot gun: Natasha was. I gulped hard as the realization hit me, I looked at him through the rear-view mirror with a piercing gaze. He only responded by shrugging his shoulders and expressing that I should have time with her 

“Gyeol? What’s wrong?”

“Huh? Oh, nothing. It’s really good to see you. You ready to go?”

“I’ve been ready for months now! Let’s go!”

I started the car once again and we drove off to Jeju. The car ride went better than I was expecting, none of the guys teased me the entire time. We all talked about life, caught up with some of the latest gossip in our families, and the one topic I hated to hear from her the most: boyfriends. After years of hearing her about her experiences I’d begun to feel like she would never learn. Now, as seniors in high school, she still hadn’t learned.

“So, Natasha, what’s this guy’s name?”

She turned to face Gyujin who was doing something on his phone, I couldn’t really tell what though.

“His name is Yibo, and oh my god he’s the sweetest.”

“Yibo?”

Wei’s head perked up at the sound of this: he knew something that she didn’t.

“You meant that tall gangly kid who’s a bad boy but is an to all the girls? Come on Nishi, I wish you would stop liking guys like that. They’re bad news and you know it.”

“Wow…I didn’t know you felt so strongly about him Wei. Kogyeol, what do you think?” 

, she addressed me by my first name this time. I knew what she wanted to hear from me, but I didn’t know if I could bring myself to say it. She’s been through so much heartache in her life and I hated seeing her upset. Crying was the worst for her, that’s what I despise. When she cries, I feel like a part of my heart if being ripped out. I thought for a moment and decided to tell her what she wanted to hear. I don’t have a chance with her: never have and never will.

“I don’t know, I don’t talk to him. He seems nice enough, though I would use caution.”

“See Wei? Gyeol doesn’t think he’s a jerk.”

“I’m sure my hyung doesn’t but still, please be careful. He’s broken so many girl’s hearts, including your best friend’s.”

That got Natasha thinking hard, she had forgotten how badly Yibo had treated Iya during sophomore year. He broke her heart, ripped it out of her chest, threw it on the floor, and humiliated her in front of the whole class. From that day on Iya began to take up martial arts and now Yibo is terrified of the girl. Apparently, she beat his one day while he was hanging out with his friends in Hongdae.

Wei glanced at me through the mirror: Checkmate, now do something before she falls again. He was right of course but I didn’t want to ruin the friendship. No matter what I feel for her, our friendship means more to me than trying to convince her to accept my feelings. There’s nothing there in her heart for me other than brotherly love and I guess that’s good enough. Part of me dies a little bit but I can’t leave her alone, none of us can.

I cleared my throat and the radio, things got too tense and I didn’t like it at all. The first song that played was ours: Catch Me. I made eye contact with Wei, Xiao, and Gyujin as we all broke out into huge smiles. The next thing I knew I was nudging Natasha to sing with us and we forgot about the previous incident.

“You guys are getting more popular and you’re still high school students.”

“Hey, that’s what comes from so much training. You should really stop by the practice room sometime to watch us.”

“We’re here guys. Everyone out!”

Xiao was the first to jump out, he had the keys anyway, and ran to the front door while the rest of us unloaded the car. Kuhn and the others showed up a few minutes later, Wei and I were finishing the last of our bags when Hwanhee came running towards us. A giant smile plastered to his face as he tackled us to the ground. Wooshin laughed at us while he grabbed his bag from the trunk.

“Hwanhee, come on, help us out.”

“Okay.”

In an hour and a half all eleven of us were unpacked and ready to go spend some time on the beach. We changed into more appropriate clothing for a hot day and headed down to the beach. Xiao lead us the way he usually goes with his uncle, I walked behind with Natasha. She told me so many stories, some old and some new, and some that I had been waiting for her to tell me about.

Half way through the walk she linked her arm with mine as she talked about her little cousin who had a crush on me. I wasn’t listening to that though, I was more focused on the fact that she was showing skin ship with me. The way her hands move as she spoke was cute, I got the feeling it was just out of habit now. She thinks so many of her habits are what make her unattractive but if I could tell her how I felt, I would tell her that she’s wrong 

When we got to the beach my breath was taken from my lungs, I couldn’t believe that Xiao had just taken us through the sketchiest looking path and brought us to paradise. Spending time here with these guys was going to be a lot of fun.

“LAST ONE IN IS A ROTTEN EGG!”

Hwanhee and Xiao yelled as they yanked off their shirt then made a mad dash for the crystal-clear water ahead. Kuhn and Wei followed in suit but in a manlier fashion, jogging to the water instead of sprinting like children. Natasha and I stayed on the sand to talk for a bit but soon we were walking through the water, having a few splash fights as we went. I told her about being an upcoming idol with the rest of the guys while she told me about her little sister who wanted to meet us again since it had been a few years.

I told her I would bring the guys over some time to hangout properly with her sister and maybe even give a private concert. She thanked me for offering to do such a thing but insisted that she would bring her sister over to the dorm. In the end we settled on an afternoon and evening with Up10tion for her little sister. I could see her eyes light up at the thought of when this day would come. Never have I seen someone’s eyes shine like Natasha’s. 

Later, no one really wanted to head back to the house just yet so we sat on the beach in a circle to play some games. We played Truth or Dare Spin the Bottle and yes, that sounds as bad as you think it does. I sat between Wooshin and Gyujin, Natasha was with Kuhn and Jinhoo. The three of them like to gossip sometimes but it’s all rather funny when it comes back to the rest of us.

“Okay guys, you know the rules: if the bottle lands on you, then you can ask anyone of your choice to pick Truth or Dare.”

“Just spin the bottle Xiao.”

He let it go with a flick of his wrist and the bottle spun around until it landed on Sunyoul who looked about ready to jump into a whole. We all got excited as we started to build up the hype for Sunyoul’s Truth or Dare. Xiao raised an eyebrow with a mischievous grin on his lips. In that moment we all knew what was going to come out of the maknae’s mouth.

“Hyung, truth or dare?”

“Uh…truth…”

“Ah, you’re no fun but alright. Is it true that you have a crush on Hwanhee’s sister?”

“No. Now it’s my turn.”

Sunyoul spun the bottle with such force that it moved three inches to the right in the sand. The bottle landed on Natasha who had no fear in her eyes as she silently dared him the bring it on. Suddenly a rather scary smirk crossed his face, I didn’t like that side of Sunyoul at all. He’s normally such a sweet guy but since they all know how I feel, things were about to get ugly. Normally we respect each other’s boundaries but when playing games they become ruthless. 

“Nishi, let me ask you this first: you’re still willing to do anything right?”

“Sunyoul, is that a challenge?”

“I guess I have my answer. Then Truth or Dare?”

“Hit me with a dare.”

“Dude, you just asked to kill yourself.”

Wei placed a hand on her shoulder with a slightly concerned expression. She shook her head then turned back to Sunyoul who was whispering in Xiao’s ear. The younger nodded his head, that same mischievous smirk on his face. He grabbed his backpack from behind Gyujin, pulling out a small box with a ribbon on it. Sunyoul happily took the box, pulled off the ribbon, and took off the lid to show us what was in it.

Everyone screamed as they saw the heart shaped chocolates: they were decorated with small painted flowers and flecks of gold. Natasha didn’t squirm in her sat, rather she took the box from Sunyoul and asked what the dare was. Everyone was excited for this, that is: everyone except for me.

“Nishi, I dare you to feed Kogyeol hyung one of these.”

“Easy enough, you gotta try ha—“

“Ah, I’m not finished yet. You have to feed him one of these with your mouth.”

“Now that’s a dare. Gyeol, come here.”

She patted the spot in front of her but I wasn’t moving. Some part of me gained some confidence and, possible snarkiness, shook my head. I pointed to the spot in front of me, I guess I had a pretty suggestive look on my face as everyone freaked out around me. Xiao grabbed onto Gyujin’s arm with anticipation and slight embarrassment. Sunyoul was on the verge of screaming and nothing had happened yet. 

Natasha sighed heavily, but made her way over to me. She sat in front of me with her legs crossed, took out a heart, and put it between her lips. Sure, the confidence I had was still kind of there but some part of me also lost control. I grabbed her by the back of her neck and pulled her close. Wooshin basically shrieked while Kuhn and Jinhoo covered each other’s eyes. Sunyoul was kicking the air vigorously, Hwanhee looked like he’d just seen Medusa and froze, and Bitto squealed.

I looked into her eyes and what I saw was very different from the Natasha I’d always known. There was a shift in them, almost as though she melted slightly from being so close to me. I suddenly felt bad about this dare and I wasn’t really wanting to continue. I don’t like putting people in uncomfortable positions, ever, and this was a time where I wished I could take this back. My thoughts were interrupted by Xiao as he groaned loudly.

“Guys, it’s just a dare! Nishi, you said you would do this.”

“Yah! Who asked you to be like this?”

Wooshin lightly smacked his arm then gestured for us to continue the moment. I glanced back at Natasha, her eyes were half closed as he moved closer to me. At that moment courage came over me and I kissed her. What I thought she was going to do was open her eyes wide and smack me, but she didn’t. To my surprise she moved closer, placing her hands on my knees to keep herself from falling. The others started screaming out of joy or embarrassment, I don’t know but that didn’t matter to me.

At first I couldn’t fully believe what was happening, even though it was a dare, but slowly it settled in. I tasted the melted chocolate on her lips, and then I knew there was no going back. I melted into her touch as she ran her hands through my hair gently. By now, she had most certainly fed me the chocolate, yet she didn’t pull away from me like one would expect. We were in our own world: it was perfect. 

Her lips were sweet like cherries, a hint of chocolate, and they were soft. I got a bit carried away and pulled her into my lap, completely forgetting that the guys were there with us. She hummed into the kiss, letting me take some control. I restrained myself though, this was after all Truth or Dare and I had to respect her boundaries.

We stayed like that for a good five minutes and when she pulled away her cheeks were a beautiful rosy pink. She hid her face with her hands as the guys all made cooing sounds and saying “aaawwwweeee”. I felt the embarrassment then but didn’t let go of her. I hugged her closer and whispered into her ear.

“You have no idea how long I’ve been wanting to do that for.”

That made her blush even more as she then buried her face in my chest, gripping my shirt tightly in her hand. Xiao was the first to speak up about what just happened.

“HYUNG! I CAN NEVER UNSEE THAT!!”

Sunyoul smacked his arm with a disapproving frown and turned back to me with a huge smile.

“I’m so proud of you! But…Nishi…What does this mean to you?”

Her response was muffled as she still refused to look at any of us in the eyes. I bent my head down to hear her better and that’s when I received my second shock of the day. What she said, I hoped she wasn’t joking about so I asked her to say it one more time for me. When I got confirmation, I looked back at all the guys. Their gazes intense and curious. 

“Natasha, I’ll be honest, I really like you. Since we were middle schoolers I’ve always thought you were the sweetest and kindest girl I’ve ever met. Now, as teens I still believe this and so I have to ask…but…Would you accept my feelings for you? Will you make me the happiest man on earth?”

Finally, her head popped up with wide eyes as she gaped at me along with everyone else. None of them had been expecting me to confess right then and there but now it was the moment of truth. I waited calmly and watched as her shocked changed into happiness. She wrapped her arms around my neck with a big smile then whispered her response. 

“I accept. It took you long enough you big dummy.”

“BAHAHAHAHAHA!”

Right then and there Hwanhee and Xiao lost it, they rolled around on the floor holding their sides but nevertheless they were happy for me. They all were. Everyone cheered and screamed, some of them even began running around, hugging Natasha and I more than once. I sighed at the maknaes as they rolled around, I lightly smacked their butts as I tried to get them to calm down.

I’d finally done it though: I’d finally asked and she said yes. I guess in the end this trip was better than I thought it would be. Besides, I got something much better than a vacation for a few days. And this I would never give up for anything in the world: Natasha.