Meeting the Parents (Bitto)

Up10tion Oneshots and Scenarios

Request: Can you write a scenario where Y/N and Bitto have a date night at his apartment and his parents come to visit him and they stay for dinner and start asking Y/N about what she does, how they met and all that?

Genre: Fluff all the way 

Word Count: 2,200

A/N: I hope this suffices/I hope I didn’t this up

 - Admin Ania 


Bittos POV

When I asked her over for dinner, I really didn’t think that my parents would be roasting her with questions. They had never met her before and yet I thought my answers to their questions would have sufficed enough for us to have a peaceful time. Y/N seemed to take the questions well during dinner so I guess things went better than expected? I can still picture the whole night now, it was only a few weeks ago but it was just that vivid for me.

A few weeks ago

“Hey Y/N, instead of going out for our date would you be willing to come have dinner with my parents and I?”

“I’ve never met your parents before so I think this would be a good time.”

“Alright, come by my place around five thirty and do dress warmly since it’s cold outside.”

“Yes mom.”

I hung up the phone, laying on my bed and staring up at the ceiling while the overhead fan spun in slow circles. Following the movement of each blade calmed down my nerves, which skyrocketed in less than a second when a loud bang came from the kitchen. Now I know my friends aren’t the smartest people ever, but I didn’t realize they were able to break the oven and sink in one go. I ran out of my room to see what happened, and there stood Kuhn with Wooshin and Wei. The three of them were still, in all sense of the word, as they kept their eyes on the mess they made.

“You’re kidding me, right?”

As soon as they saw me the three backed away, so I could see the damage that had been done. To no surprise they broke the glass door to the oven and somehow broke the blades to the garbage disposal. Whatever they had thrown down there to cause this big of a problem, I really didn’t want to know. When I turned back to them, I found Sunyoul standing next to me with a rather disappointed expression as he shook his head.

“I see why the fans keep telling us we need adult supervision at all times.”

Sliding my hands into my pockets I nodded in agreement while the other three stood like statues to the side of us. Sunyoul didn’t act surprised by what happened but I could tell that he wasn’t having this either.

“Time to call my parents to see if Y/N and I can go home. In the mean time I guess both appliances needed to be replaced.”

I walked away to call my parents after that while Sunyoul began looking for a new oven. The others had been put to work to attempt to fix the disposal, but I found out later on that Wooshin ended up with a deep cut in his hand. Obviously, they didn’t know how to begin attempting to fix something like that and why Sunyoul had asked them to try is beyond me. Thankfully my parents were able to have Y/N and I over for dinner when I called; they were shocked when I told them what happened. My mother ended up running off half way through the phone call to start making dinner while my father and I laughed at her excitement.  

That Night

I walked up the stone stairs that led to Y/N’s house, rang the doorbell, and waited for her to arrive. The whole day has been a mess, so I hope that tonight will go smoothly and that my parents won’t ask too many questions.

“Bitto?”

Turning my head to the voice, there stands Y/N in her long winter jacket with a scarf around her neck looking much smaller than she already is. Smiling up at her I wait until she’s locked the door and is walking down the stairs to head for the car. Once we’re in I turn my head to her and see that she’s warming her hands with the heat blowing through the vents.

“One thing to note about my parents, which I really hope they don’t do tonight…”

I pull out of her drive way and head for the house that I grew up in for so many years.

“Um… they like to ask questions… I’m letting you know now that you don’t have to answer all of them if you don’t want to.”

“Don’t worry too much about it. I really don’t mind answering questions.”

“I know, but it’s just a heads up.”

“Fair enough.”

We drive for about half an hour and before I know it Y/N is dragging me up the stairs to my parents’ house and ringing the doorbell. I glance at her only to find that the smile on her face has widened tenfold when the front door opens to reveal my father. His face lights up the second he lays eyes on us and ushers us inside before Y/N dies of the cold, even if she is wearing her winter jacket.

“Y/N, it’s so nice to meet you. My son has told us wonderful things about you, and yet we’ve never met in person.”

“It’s very nice to meet you Mr. Lee.”

Her bow made a perfect ninety-degree angle as my father pat her head gently. He turned to me with a warm smile on his face then brought me in for a tight hug. I forgot how long it had been since I visited home.

“Your mother is in the kitchen making dinner, why don’t you two sit and relax? The food will be ready soon.”

The three of us spent some time talking and so far things seemed to be going well between Y/N and my father. My mother is a different story because she loves to ask questions, which often means my friends end up going through a Q and A session when they come over. Around seven o’clock my mother called us in for dinner; my father lead the way to the dining section of our house. The instant my mother saw me she pulled me in for a tight hug, I’m almost certain she started to cry a little.

“My son is home finally.”

“It’s great to see you, mother. This is Y/N, my girlfriend.”

“AH!”

Y/N jumped a bit after hearing my mother scream with joy but relaxed as soon as she was brought in for a hug. When my mother pulled away she took Y/N’s cheeks in her hands, gently turning her head from left to right, the smile on her face growing with each second. She beamed at me then released Y/N’s face.

“My apologies Y/N, I hope I didn’t scare you.”

“Oh, not at all.”

I wrapped my arm around her waist, giving my parents a warm smile so the somewhat awkward tension would go down slightly. My father caught on before anyone else by beckoning us to sit down so we could have dinner together. Things were going well so far, aside from my mother practically scaring the life out of Y/N.

While we ate I watched them interact with each other; my parents wanting her to try all the food, asking if she needed anything more, and Y/N accepted it all. She poured them their tea, got up if something was missing from the meal to return from the kitchen with it in hand. I stayed quiet as they all talked, seeing how I can call my parents whenever I like, so no one brought up my silence. In fact, it was better that way because today wasn’t about me; it was about Y/N and my parents.

“Y/N, I’m quite curious, how did you meet our son?”

“Honey, that’s a bit of a rushed question isn’t it?” 

My mother stared at my father with wide eyes, giving him a light smack to the arm as she made quick to apologize to us. Y/N held up her hand then explained that it wasn’t a rushed question.

“I was working as a makeup artist under the company at the time I met him.”

“You make it sound as though you quite your job.”

“Dad…”

“It’s alright Bitto, I really don’t mind. I did end up quitting my job but it was because I needed something more stable. Yes, the job paid well but I realized that I couldn’t handle that lifestyle anymore. Traveling for hours on end and getting very little sleep do not help with my accuracy so I switched to working for special events.”

At those words my parents glanced from each other, then to Y/N. I couldn’t exactly tell what they were thinking but it seemed that they weren’t bothered by her choice. The way our situation unfolded was true; I did meet her while she worked for our company but after about two years she decided it wasn’t fitting her. I’d met her before I debuted while walking around the building in the midst of trying to find my bandmates.

“So, when did you meet our son and what kind of special events?”

“Oh. Dad… really?”

I covered my face from embarrassment as my father simply laughed at my reaction. Thankfully Y/N didn’t seem to mind but still, I wasn’t expecting dinner to go this way at all.

“I met him a little before he debuted. Though I was never a makeup artist for them when they were go abroad I would often have to fill in for one or two of their makeup artists. My assignment was to Teen Top but I got moved around a lot because of some cracks in the body count.”

“Does that mean you two often saw each other?”

“During the first year and a half yes, I would see them quite often because they promoted here more so than in Japan.”

“This may be a strange question to ask you, Y/N, but how are you and Changhyun doing?”

Both of us froze for a moment after the question was asked; in all honesty she and I were doing quite well but not being able to see each other much really left a huge hole in our hearts. I never like to leave her for a long time and the events in Japan don’t help with this. For Y/N, I can’t say how she feels but I can take a guess and say that it’s about the same.

“Well… with him being gone much more lately it’s been a hit hard. I often miss him and let him know as much as I can. We don’t talk or message each other as much as people may think but it’s good for us; reminds us why we’re together.”

They seemed pleased with that answer and yet my nerves were still on edge since another question was on its way. My parents have this uncanny way of getting information out of people and if you know them well enough you can see the signs.

“Where are you working now?”

“I’m stationed in Hongdae at the moment, but I’ll be moved back to Seoul within the next two months.”

“Oh? How come?”

“The company I work for is moving buildings as their customers predominantly reside in the capital. A few cuts were made to the staff before the move as well so I’m going to be training the incoming staff.”

“That makes sense. It seems that you’re one of the best there.”

“My boss says that I’m the best, although I’m not so sure I would place myself there yet. I still have a lot to learn.”

“I’d love to see your work one day. Maybe you can do Changhyun’s make up for us next time you come over.”

My mother gave her a wink while my father began clearing the table. Shooting up from our seats Y/N and I got my father to sit back down so we could finish for him. It was the least we could do for letting us come over instead of them trying to get to my dorm. The whole we moved back and forth, we could feel the gazes of my parents causing the air to get a little uncomfortable. Once everything was cleaned the two of us made our way to the front door when my mother called out to say goodbye. 

“Bye son, have a fun time and please stay healthy. You’re getting too thin so I’d like you to eat more.”

“I will mother.”

She turned to Y/N then shooed me away so they could talk. For a moment I didn’t want to leave those two alone but given the assertiveness in my mothers eyes I decided it was best not to object. I walked down the stairs to my car and waited for Y/N there, watching them talk together with the light from the doorway brightening their silhouettes. In the long run of the day, things went extremely well; aside from the guys breaking the sink and the oven. 

“Y/N, please take care of our son. He’s smart, caring, and loving but sometimes he doesn’t know how to move past things. Make sure he knows he’s always got someone to talk to when his father and I aren’t around.”

“I will Mrs. Lee.”