White Night (Gyujin)

Up10tion Oneshots and Scenarios

Genre: Fantasy/Light Angst 

Word Count: 2,262

A/N: So I wrote this a long time ago and intended to finish it but when I read it over again I realized that this doesn’t really need me to write more (and it’s already really long as is). This was the first idea I had when I started this blog: 10 members and 10 different Fantasy scenarios. As you can tell I never made it past Wei but hopefully I did Gyujin some justice.


“Gyujin, you go after her and I can promise that you’ll regret it.”

Kuhn stared hard at the younger with dark eyes that were uncompromising and relentless. The silver headed boy turned to face him, an equally dark expression taking over his facial features. The bloody scratch on his face glistened in the moonlight as it shown down on the two of them. A cold, hard silence filled the space as neither was willing to back down.

“She’s my responsibility. Hyung, I need to save her.”

“Y/N left for a reason. Did you ever think about that?”

“I know why she left: you told her to run.”

He sighed heavily at the younger’s stubbornness. It should have been clear that Gyujin wasn’t going to give up, not on the girl that he had come to adore. They’d spent months together, through thick and thin, but now she was gone.

“Hyung, you all terrified her with the truth. In turn you ruined my life.”

Gyujin hit the nail on the head: he couldn’t have been more right in his words. What Kuhn had told Y/N was something no one could ever fix and for the boy, it meant he’d lost the best thing to happen to him. Telling someone the horrible truth about their significant other is: one, a back-stabbing move and two, disrespectful to the people you tell. While he may have had Y/N’s best interests in mind he sure made the wrong choice.

The truth about Gyujin, Kuhn, and their friends is that they are demons. No one believes in such a thing but they most certainly exist. Let’s get some details: roughly a hundred years ago Gyujin, along with his friends, were sent to earth for their training. Now obviously eating souls is a skill every demon must have in order to have an actual job one day. Each of them graduated top of their classes and now this was the beginning of their real-world tests.

Gyujin is the third youngest among the boys, he gets some of the hard tasks given out by Worren. It happened to be on the exact day that he was tasked with taking a life, that he met Y/N. She wasn’t the target of course but the boy felt an attraction to her the instant he saw her. There was something different about her that he couldn’t shake, no matter how hard he tried. His level of focus went down just slightly as the days went by.

As the training went on, he would often see her go into one particular coffee shop and ended up following her inside on one of his days off. It was a cozy space full of friendly people and good smells. He sat down by the window to watch the scene around him when his eyes landed on her. She was wearing a light blue A-lined dress with a black leather jacket and her hair was done half up so that part of it was in a small pony tail. 

What stuck with him the most was the flower she had tucked behind her ear: a plumeria. Gyujin got the sense that she wasn’t an ordinary girl; she liked adventure and exploration rather than staying at home being bored. He then noticed her height as compared to others in the shop. She stood closer to five feet, from what he could tell, so he decided to test a theory he had. 

He stood up from his spot and got in line right behind her, sure enough she was almost a foot shorter than him. He figured that she was around 153 cm (5’) but it was cute to him. Most of the girls back home were tall, plain, and had rude personalities. While he hadn’t talked to this girl yet, he got the sense that she was genuinely kind to everyone.

She ordered her drink: grande white mocha, no whip cream, coconut milk in replacement of the 1%, and an extra shot. Gyujin was rather impressed and when he heard her voice it was like honey. It flowed so smoothly and softly that he was stunned for a few moments before coming back to reality. He ordered an Americano (Gyujin, my boy, not very classy but you keep trying), paid and went to go wait for his drink.

As he made his way over to the window he found the girl sitting where he had been moments ago. Her hair was long, slightly curled as she sat in the sunlight which created a slight halo around her head. It was rather stunning to him, though Halos were never his thing as they were never taught about in school nor were they brought up by his parents. A subject like Halos was left to the school to handle and usually the class covered the bad aspects.

Gyujin stared at her for a moment then decided to ask if he could join her. Y/N was scrolling through her phone, a small smile forming on her face every now and then. He approached her calmly and a bit quietly so as not to disturb what she was doing. When he reached the table he cleared his throat and watched as her head popped up, her hair bounced at the sudden movement.

“May I sit with you?”

She nodded, gesturing towards the chair in front of her and looked back down at her phone. He bowed slightly and sat down across from her. To not make things awkward he took out his own phone to which he was greeted with over 1000 messages. All of which were from his friends asking where the Hell we was and to get his over to the restaurant. They had planned on getting lunch all together a few days ago and Gyujin had, not surprisingly, forgotten about this arrangement.

Message From: Pillar
           Dude, do not tell me you ditched us again for lunch

Message From: Hwine-hee
           Hyung I swear to the Devil that you better get here so we can all eat

Message From: Satan 2.0
           Gyujin. Get. Where. The. . Are. You????

Message To: Group Chat
           Guys, calm down. Go eat without me.

Message From: Satan 2.0
           BOI THE HAVE YOU BEEN

Message From: Pillar
           Wooshin, calm your and let the kid live

 Message From: Satan 2.0
           Ha, you’re one to talk

Message From: Pillar
           Well at least I’ve got one. Now Gyujin, where the are you?

Message From: Hwine-hee
           OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH

Message From: #BabyDongyeol
           BUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNN

Message From: Satan 2.0
           Shut the up

Message To: Group Chat
           Guys…please stop…BTW, I’m in a coffee shop right off the main drag

Message From: Hwine-hee
           It’s not the dinky little one that Xiao likes to go to is it? Horrible coffee there, don’t go

Message From: #BabyDongyeol
           Dude! I’m literally sitting right next to you, what the gives? 

Message From: Pillar
           Oh my god I’m surrounded by children. Either way, Gyujin you have to be at dinner

Message From: Kuhn Hyung
           No exceptions.

He was dead serious about having Gyujin there at dinner, that meant something had to be discussed. For the boys, it didn’t matter if the news was good or not if they all got to hear it at the same time. Rule number one for a demon: never give out information one at a time as that can lead to complications in any operation. Information spreads like wildfire and if not handled properly then everything can and will go to .

A soft voice brought him back to reality as he found himself looking right into the eyes of Y/N. She had set his drink in front of him and tried to get his attention. He glanced in front of himself them thanked her with a hint of embarrassment and a shy smile. She thought it was kind of cute, though she had never met this boy in her life. It was then that she started to talk to him, it only seemed right after bringing this boy his coffee.

“I’m Y/N by the way. What’s your name?”

“Gyujin.”

“It’s very nice to meet you Gyujin.”

“You too.”

“So…is this your first time coming here?”

“Hm?”

“To this café. I’ve never seen you here before so I thought…”

“Oh…yes, it’s my first time. I’m guessing you’ve come here before?”

“Every day after work.”

Gyujin and Y/N talked for a good two hours before either of them checked their phones. Both were shocked at how quickly time went by, Y/N stood up and grabbed her things.

“It was very nice to meet you Gyujin.”

“You know, I really enjoyed talking with you. Would it be possible to meet up again?”

Her cheeks were graced with a soft shade of pink as she nodded her head. Gyujin handed her his phone so she could put her number in. He did the same for her and they bid their goodbyes to each other. By now it was around four in the afternoon and the rest of the guys would probably be wondering where the Hell the third youngest had gone off too. He sighed heavily and made his way to the house, where life would become meaningless once again.

All the guys ever thought about was the end results of their tests: successes and fails. As the days added up so did the body count for them as they became used to taking souls. It was always about the numbers and the council never made any changes to that idea. Each had their run in with at least one member of the council but it never went beyond having them do better.

Gyujin always got the most trouble from them due to his family history: his bloodline wasn’t a part of this world until a few generations back. His great, great, great grandfather had been the starting point for the Han family. He had hoped that his future generations would not be born with these genetics but unfortunately that was not the case. When Gyujin’s mother was born it skipped a generation, her generation. Worry was never at the front of her mind as she lived a rather standard life. Then Gyujin was born and that’s when the bloodline was brought back to the shadows.

He never had a choice from the very beginning as to how his life would work out. The day after his fifth birthday party he was taken from his parents to begin training. At a young age he learned most about death than life and more about how to take without giving. In the very back of his mind he knew this was wrong and that what he had to call a home was wrong. Though he was never allowed to go visit his parents: not until his eighteenth birthday.

That birthday had been a year ago, one year later he’s back on earth with his group to start their work. The other guys liked being demons, they liked preying on souls of the damned, souls of the innocent, just souls. Gyujin never liked the idea but he went along with it because he had no choice.

Three Years Later

“Y/N, there’s something we need to tell you about Gyujin.”

She looked up from her book to find three tall figures looming over her body, one with silver grey hair, one with red, and one with black. Sungjoon, Kogyeol, and Kuhn; the three who were always somewhat skeptical of her and Gyujin. The minute they met her, she knew they didn’t like something about the situation but she never pressed them for information. Today though seemed like the day they would finally spill what they didn’t like about her love for the boy.

“If it isn’t the telephone poles, please, have a seat.”

The gesture was kind enough but they all knew there was tension in the air. It hung low around their heads, thick as fog, and felt more threatening than it really should have. Kogyeol took a seat first, followed by the other two who held onto stone faced expressions and eyes of steal. Though, they realized she wasn’t backing down just by the stares; she was matching them all perfectly as if challenging them. 

“It’s not just about Gyujin, it’s all ten of us.”

“Spit it out King of Memes, what are you all hiding from me?”

At this, they were taken aback by her sudden harshness in tone. It was so unlike her usual self when she was around them in the group of ten. Now it appeared that she had walls up and they were going to coming tumbling down just by three guys trying to intimidate her. Wei chuckled for only a moment before nudging Kogyeol to talk about what the secret was.

“Do you believe in demons?”

“Ha! No.”

“Well believe it honey because they do exist. You’re little ‘boyfriend’ Gyujin, he is one. So are the rest of us.”

“Call me honey again and I swear I will drop kick you Go Minsoo. Besides, even if it were true, why would that change the way I feel about him?”

In total disbelief, the three exchanged quick glances and a silent conversation before turning their attention back to her. Wei was the first to speak up and what he said sent a chill running down her spine this time.

“He never told you what line of work he’s in, did he? Call him and find out. His answer will be the reason why it would change how you feel about him. We’re letting you know now that you should run; be afraid of him, because that’s the only way you’re going to live. This we promise you.”

The three stood swiftly, bodies looming over hers for a moment then quickly moved away. A light breeze sent another chill down her spine as she watched their coats blow in the wind behind them. Gyujin wouldn’t have hidden the truth from her right?