Bite Pt. 2 (Wei)

Up10tion Oneshots and Scenarios

Genre: Fluff/Angst(ish)

Word Count: 2,887

A/N: This part takes place a few years later from the first one, and yes I did disregard the classic vampires cannot be in direct sunlight thing. I decided I didn’t want to make this a classic vampire story

 - Admin Ania


Wei’s POV

It’s been a few years now since Y/N became a vampire, she’s taken it pretty well. She’s adjusted well to the new lifestyle, drinking blood I mean, considering that I never told her what the implications were. Part of me still regrets biting her as I should have asked her permission prior to doing so. My heart and emotions were too strong, I blame myself because I know I have more sell-control than that. 

I tell her this sometimes and each time she tells me not to worry. Had there been any hard feelings about the situation within the last few years she would have told me up front. That’s a quality I like about her: she’s blunt without being harsh. She often says that he bluntness is what gets her in trouble even though I’d say it’s what sets her apart. Some people are afraid of telling the truth while she’s afraid of telling a lie.

There are times when I find myself just watching her be in the world. Her view is so much different from what I see and I’ve enjoyed every moment spent with her. She’s the sun in my world, she’s the thing that keeps me going every day. I know my life has improved since meeting her, but I can’t help wondering if I made hers better or if I just made it worse.

“Wei! Come on! You said you would go to the Han river with me while we’re here.”

My eyes met hers as she tugged on my arm like a child, her bottom lip plump from pouting, just like Xiao’s. I smiled, then laughed as I grabbed her by the waist and spun her around. She squealed as I spun her, laughing when I set her back on the ground. I had promised her a full tour of South Korea a few months back and now that we were here she was ecstatic.

“Okay, okay my little devil. Anything for you.”

I gave her a quick peck on the cheek before going to get my jacket. Y/N had been ready to go for the last two hours while I’d been working on new choreography. Her patience must have been running low, especially since she went to the trouble of physically getting my attention. When I returned, she was sitting on the couch with her legs in lotus position as she scrolled through her phone.

“Y/N-ah, come on.”

She hopped up then ran over to me in less than two seconds. I shook my head with a smile, slinging an arm over her shoulder as we left the dorm. Outside was beautiful, the sun was shining, the air was warm, and everyone seemed to be peaceful. As we walked we found many couples, mostly because they wore couple clothing or promise rings. Y/N gagged at the sight of those couples every time we found one so I had to ask.

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s couple things that bother me. I don’t think it’s a symbol of love so much as it’s a symbol of ownership.”

That was true, some couple things were more of a statement that they belonged to each other. Neither of us like those kinds of things, people can tell we’re together without the public show. There is one thing she and I have been talking about for the last two years though: tattoos. Not the weird couple tattoos, as both of us find that to be creepy, but tattoos that complement each other. It’s something to symbolize our friendship, adoration, and respect.

We had agreed that this was the best outcome for us, it’s personal without being over the top and public. Couple clothing was never going to be an option and any kind of jewelry made us seem cheap. For us, our relationship isn’t just some phase. It’s the thing that’ll keep us going, it’s what we count on.

“I see what you mean. Oh. My. God. Y/N, look over there.”

She turned her head in the direction as I was pointing and began to laugh. I covered as I started to laugh as well. Walking down the street was a guy and a girl dressed from head to toe in the same exact clothing. Now, that’s not really the funny part about the situation, oh no it gets much better. They tried to have the same mannerisms as well. 

“Are they really trying so hard to show that they’re together that they feel the need to act like one person?”

“Hahaha! My sweetness, I see how it could be meant to show that they are meant for each other. Though it’s ridiculous to try as hard as they are.”

We continued to walk down the street, hand in hand, until we made it to the Han river. The water shimmered in the sunlight, looking like a thousand crystals. I pulled her over to the edge of the bridge so we could look at the view. Needless to say, that I was the one who ended up being pulled along.

She stopped at the edge and closed her eyes, taking in the soft breeze from the wind and soaking in the sunlight. In that moment, she was more beautiful than I could ever remember. Her outfit was simply: black shorts, black high tops (actually, they are the same ones that we used in White Night, she convinced me to help her find a pair for herself), a grey Stussy shirt, and a light weight white bomber.

Ever since she moved out of the country her style had changed drastically from when I first saw her. I still remember her clothing from that day, it made her look cute and very Homestyle. She had worn skinny blue jeans with natural leather knee high boots and a fitted red button down. Her hair had been tied up in a pony tail that curled slightly at the end, it was the sweetest thing ever. 

I came up behind her, quietly wrapping my arms around her waist as I took in the view. The sound of people talking filled the air along with the breeze and once again I felt at peace. Life seemed to be moving so quickly lately and I hadn’t been able to keep up.

“Wei, can I ask you something?”

“Anything my little devil.”

“I know I keep telling you to stop blaming yourself, and I really want you to stop it because it’s not good for your health, but I’m curious. Why did you bite me? I guess my big question is: why me?”

After five years, she finally asked me the one question I never thought I’d hear from her lips. Of course I had an answer, but was she ready to fully hear it and believe in my feelings for her? I cleared my throat, glancing down at her to see if she really wanted to know. The look in her eyes told me what I needed: tell her, or you’ll regret it.

“Do you really want to know?”

“Yes.”

“Then come with me, talking here isn’t safe.”

“Okay.”

I lead her to a more secluded spot, under a tree in the park and sat her down so we could talk this out. My heart was beating quickly and my mind was racing, both were so much faster than when I had told her about my feelings for her. Now that she wanted to hear my reason, I don’t know why I’m so scared. 

“Are you ready for the whole story? This is a process and I understand if you don’t wa—“

“Sungjoon, I wouldn’t have asked if I wasn’t ready for the whole story. Please. Just tell me.”

“Okay, here it goes.”

The first thing I told her was the background when vampires bite, specifically what it means when we aren’t killing for blood. When a vampire bites, it means that their love for another vampire or person is so strong that they want to be together. If a vampire bites another vampire then there isn’t much of a change, other than everyone else in the community knowing that those two are together. 

Now, in the event that a vampire bites a human then the implications are far more…severe. It means that, in the end, the human will have to make a choice: let themselves be bitten and become a vampire or have all their memories of the relationship erased. Y/N looked at me with wide eyes but did not say anything that gave me a sign of whether she wanted to hear more or not. Though she had specifically said she was ready, so I continued.

What I covered next was my own feelings for her: why I felt the need to bite and when I had felt that need. I went back to the first day I met her, the day I knew I found the person I wanted in my life more than anyone or anything. My feelings for her hadn’t really started to boil until six months before her 19th birthday. I had expressed my satiation to the guys who said, and I quote, “Dude, you need to tell her. Grow up and believe that she’ll react well.”

When her 19th birthday came around I had told her and she accepted happily. Then we got to her 20th birthday and that’s when things changed. For almost two years I had been suppressing the urge to bite. I knew what would happen if I did bite. The end result has always been the same for vampires, my family line especially has had trouble with finding partners. A significant other isn’t just about a relationship for us; it’s what keeps us whole.

“Then why on my 20th birthday? What about that day was so important?”

“There was no significance for that day. We were spending time together like usual and…Something in me snapped. The next thing I knew I couldn’t control my body and I was tasting iron in my mouth: your blood.”

Y/N seemed to still be confused, but nevertheless listened to me with an open heart and mind. There’s a reason she’s the girl I bit, there’s a reason I think of her so highly, and there’s a reason why my heart will stop if she leaves. Once a vampire finds their partner the rest of the process is much the same as when you find your soulmate. They are bound to each other, nothing in the universe other than death will part them.

Vampires take love seriously, otherwise we could find ourselves dead and then reincarnated. When a vampire loses their partner everything comes crashing down in one good hard blow to the chest. She understood that part of my world, that love is more than just a show of affection. I know what I’ve done, I can’t take it back, but I can explain for as long as it will take for her.

“Y/N…The reason why I bit you was because I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. You are my everything, you are my sun, you make me a better person. If this information that I’ve just told you is too much then I will let you go. I’ll erase the memories.”

I couldn’t look at her then as the answer that I thought of would hurt too much and I didn’t want to see the look in her eyes. There was silence between us, it felt like we were back to her 20th birthday again. Even though we were outside, I felt cold from my very core as I waited to hear what she would say.

Yet the longer she didn’t say anything the more pain I felt in my heart: I had messed up again and this time I wasn’t getting her back. I must have started crying as I suddenly felt water rolling down my cheeks and onto my hands. If she were to leave now, I’d have to take her to see Kuhn as he’s the one who really learned how to erase memories. If she were to hate me forever, I’d never forgive myself for what I’d done so long ago now.

That didn’t happen however. Y/N cupped my face, lifting it gently for me to look in to her eyes. She was crying too, but they weren’t sad tears like I had expected from her. In fact, she seemed to be happy about our situation.

“I’m all in, not matter what happens I will always be there for you.”

She leaned in and kissed my nose. As she pulled away I wrapped my arms around her waist, bringing her into my lap. If she meant what she said, then I’d made the right choice when I bit her.

“I promise, I will never hurt you and that I will be here when you need me for anything.”

“Aya… I love you, you big nerd. Stop crying.”

She wiped my tears away with her sleeve gently, a smile formed on her lips as she looked at me. I felt my heart beat slow to its natural pace once again and my brain clear up the fog that had been in it. When she finished I could tell that all this had worn her out mentally and I knew what we needed next. Karaoke and, or, movies always help alleviate our stress or help us relax.

“I’ll stop after I get one thing from you.”

“Oh? And what’s that?”

I leaned in close to her ear and whispered teasingly.

“Want my lips? Catch me.”

I didn’t have a lot of time before her lips connected with mine sweetly. Don’t get me wrong, we do kiss often but this time was different from all the others. I felt like we had gotten passed something that was blocking us from going any further in our relationship. Now that we talked it through things were going to start looking up. The kiss is just the beginning.

Her lips were soft, tasting just slightly like mint and…chocolate? I should have figured, she loves the two together. My hands cupped her cheeks as I guided her head gently to the left so I could have more access to her lips. I felt no resistance towards my actions so I continued freely. Sometimes I think I have a slight addiction to kissing her, but I can’t really help it: she has full lips. They’re incredibly soft due to her skin care routine and use of lip balm. 

When I pulled away I saw the color of her cheeks turn a very bright red. She hid her face in my chest, grabbing onto my jacket and covering her head with it. I swear, this girl is my reason for living, she’s so adorable. I chuckled as I ran my fingers through her hair, trying to get her to come out of hiding.

“Wei, that was embarrassing.”

“My little devil, you’re still embarrassed about me kissing you?”

“In PUBLIC yes!”

“Hahaha! I promise, it won’t ever be that long in PUBLIC ever again. I’ll just give you lots of pecks on the cheek and you’ll have to deal with it because I absolutely love you. I would give you my heart if it came down to it.”

“Yah! Pabo!”

I laughed as she smacked my chest, her cheeks turned an even brighter shade of red if that’s humanly possible. She hid her face from me again and I hugged her tightly; her body fit perfectly as she sat in my lap. 

“Stop hiding your beautiful face from me. Come on, I know what we need.”

“What?”

Her muffled voice is the cutest thing I’ve ever heard in my life, other than her sneeze; it’s like a kitten. 

“How about Karaoke and then some movies at the dorm? Just you and me, I’ll kick the guys out, we can have the whole afternoon and evening to ourselves.”

“I’d be up for that.”

“Perfect. Just like you.”

“You’re so mushy Wei.”

“That’s what I’m here for.”

“No, you’re here because you are my moon.”

Once she said those words suddenly the back of our necks felt like they were burning up and being stabbed. I clenched my jaw, gripping onto the back of my neck while Y/N buried her face into my chest again. He grip so tight on my jacket that her knuckles went almost as white as a sheet. The pain lasted for a few minutes before it finally stopped. We were breathing heavily, our bodies shook visibly as we relaxed from the sudden sensation. 

I looked down at her neck and on the back of it there was a tattoo of a sun and moon together as one. That was the tattoo she and I had been talking about getting in the near future. I’d heard about cases like ours back in school. When the council highly regards a pair of significant others/lovers then they will grant that couple a tattoo: the one that couple had decided to get one day together. I reached out to touch it and sure enough it was real. The outline was swollen, warm, and pinkish.

“W-Wei…” 

“It’s official, you and I are a couple in the eyes of the council.