Bite Pt. 1 (Wei)

Up10tion Oneshots and Scenarios

Genre: Fluff/ Angst (note if you cannot handle mentions of death then you might not want to read this)

Word Count:

A/N: This is my first scenario...I hope you all enjoy it!


Two years ago my life had been normal and perfect. Okay that part is a lie, it wasn't perfect but I didn't mind it. I was a country girl, living on a farm with my mom, dad, and little brother. We made our living off of our livestock and products. Mom always made the best jelly and ham while dad made our famous hard cider. My brother and I would often take care of all the livestock and get the ingredients for our parents. When I think about him now, I still miss him with every fiber of my being.

Now my life is endless figurative and quite literally. It all changed when I met them. They became my best friends and for a short time, my worst nightmare. Especially Wei, lord knows I adore him but what he did...while it was an accident for awhile I couldn't talk to him. It all started when the ten of them came by the farm. My brother and I were picking apples for dads cider when they approached us.

Flashback

"Y/N!! LOOK AT ALL THE RIPE APPLES!!"

Lucas ran up to the ladder that was leaning against one of our many apple trees, jumping up and down with anticipation.

"Hold on little bro, you don't get to climb that ladder on your own!"

He turned around to face me with a big childish pour on his lips, such a cutie for being 11 years old. I ruffled his hair, setting the bucket down so I could hold onto the ladder. He scurried up and began to pick the ripest apples, dad taught us at a young age which ones are best. Only 15 minutes went by when ten strangers walked up to us. I could tell they were from the city just by the way they walked and their clothing didn't help either. Two of them stood in front while the other eight followed behind. One of the two in front was tall with dark blonde hair while the other was a bit shorter and had brown hair. They all looked friendly enough but since I had Lucas with me I didn't want to take my chances.

"Lu, come on down and give these apples to dad. Come back when you're done."

"Alright."

He hopped down from the ladder, grabbing the bucket of apples, then ran off to find dad. By the time Lucas was gone the ten mysterious boys had approached me and I could clearly see their faces. They all wore soft smiles, the two in front bowed to me before the tall one addressed me.

"Excuse me, but do you happen to know if this is the Odea Farm?"

His voice was deep but sincere and if I hadn't known better, I could hear a hint of embarrassment. The rest of the boys said nothing but kept their eyes on the two of us.

"Yeah this is the Odea Farm. I'm the daughter of the owner."

"Oh! You must be Y/N, I've heard about you from your parents and I've seen a few photos but I didn't recognize you. My apologies."

I didn't know what to think. My parents always tell me who their buyers are and when they'll be stopping by to pick up their things but this?!? Oh Hell no, my parents wouldn't have kept a buyer from me since I'm practically the greeter. The boys could see the nervous look on my face so one of them spoke up. He was also tall, with pitch black hair, and a face burns an impression in your mind.

"Sorry, we should introduce ourselves. I'm Wei. My friend is a relatively new buyer of your family's products. I apologize if Kuhn frightened you."

When I looked at him, I didn't think he was going to sound that soft or even act like more or less of a gentleman. The emotion in his eyes was genuine and he clearly meant no harm. Though what still got me was how these boys knew what I looked like, let alone know my name.

"It's fine...what really shocks me is how you seem to know who I am."

"My aunt and uncle are friends of your parents. They would tell me about your family and you occasionally when I went to visit them. My aunt uses your moms jelly on my toast when I stay over and I love it...that's how we know who you are. I don't mean to sound weird or creepy..."

The one who spoke was a bit taller than me. His hair was black, a very cute face, and sweet voice. I think I remember him actually. During one of our family parties I saw a picture of him with his aunt and uncle. My mom was talking to his aunt about the jelly and I was with her. His aunt showed us a photo of her family and there was the boy. Though at the time his hair had been neon pink and kind of curly.

"You must be...uh...is it Dongyeol or Xiao?"

He gave me a cute toothy smile that made my heart skip a beat for a moment. It was so innocent but at the same time so alluring, though not in that way...more like intriguing.

"Both are correct. My real name is Dongyeol but practically everyone calls me Xiao."

Xiao: what a cute name, fitting for such a cute kid.

 

"Would you mind showing us to your house? Your parents are expecting me in a few minutes."

Before I could say anything to the tall dark blonde, Kuhn, Lucas came running back to me with an empty bucket. A huge smile plastered onto his face as he slowed down to a skip only to stop right in front of me. He looked up at the boys and waved to them. Xiao waved back with that same cute but intriguing smile, while Wei and a red headed boy came to the front of the group and knelt down to say hi.

"Jie jie, Tāmen shì shuí?"

I placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled down at him.

"Hui jia (go home), tell mom and dad they have a buyer with some friends."

He ran off back to the house while I grabbed the bucket and lead the boys. On the way home I learned all their names: the dark blonde haired one is Kuhn, the shorter one with brown hair is Jinhoo, taller with black hair is Wei, shorter with black hair is Xiao, red hair is Wooshin, brown is Sunyoul, dark purple hair is Bitto, tall and with dark red hair is Kogyeol, styled hair that's a mixture of brown and blonde is Gyujin, light brown hair is Hwanhee. All ten of them are good looking, I had to admit that.

When we got to the house I had them wait outside until my dad came out to greet them. He shook hands with Kuhn and lead them inside while I went to get Lucas so we could help mom with the jelly and jam.

End of flashback

That's where it all started. From that day on I began to see the boys more often. They would stop by for products but also just to say hi to my brother and I. Most of the boys played with Lucas but Xiao, Wooshin, and Wei tended to stick with me most visits. The four of us became best friends. The others I was friends with, we all had fun spending time together. Some days we would hangout in the city and other days I would take the ten of them around the farm showing them all the fun things I liked to do.

As time went by I began to start feeling differently about Wei, sometimes I thought he could be more than just a friend. Other times I knew better than to wish because I could land in a grave. Every time we hung out, every slight touch and small gesture, it made my heart skip a beat. I would try to push my feelings deep down within me until I could forget. But at night all my mind would do is think about him. Cursing silently to myself became a regular thing as I wanted so hard not to Like Like him.

Eventually Wooshin and Xiao caught onto my behavior and talked to me about it. I told them everything about my past experiences with the L word (Love) and how I wanted nothing to do with it. That is, until Wei showed up. They listened, gave me advice and told me not to worry. Xiao told me Wei is a kind person and the last thing on his mind is to hurt anyone. Wooshin said that Wei can be dense so my feelings most likely went unnoticed by the Pillar. I figured the two of them were right but just to be safe I went and talked to the others to get their thoughts.

They all said relatively the same thing: Wei is a dense sweetheart and if I tell him how I feel he won't over react. After hearing that I felt better and let the whole situation go. He and I were still best friends and he didn't seem to pick up on my feelings towards him. Though, when my 19th birthday rolled around he acted differently towards me. At first I didn't pay much attention because I figured he was just acting weird like usual but this wasn't his normal weirdness.

19th Birthday Party

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY Y/N!!"

"Thanks guys! You didn't have to do all this though. A simple gathering would have been just as good."

"Just as good isn't good enough for our Y/N. Now blow out the candles and make a wish."

Kogyeol said as he set down he cake in front of me. The others were in a huddle around the table and I, waiting for me to make my wish. What I wanted and wished for, I knew I could never get. My heart sank into my chest and I felt a sharp sting fill my upper body. I placed a hand over my heart, taking a deep breath and pausing for a moment. Then I blew out the candles, the boys clapped their hands in excitement as Sunyoul began to cut the cake. They got my favorite: red velvet and decorated it themselves. I was surprised at how well they did. Each found a place to sign their name with frosting after writing Happy Birthday in big font.

We played games while eating cake, a few of them were playing on my family's Wii while the rest of us watched, waiting for our turn. The boys had given me my presents, that is, all but Wei. I wasn't too sure what that was about and for a split second I thought he didn't want to be at my party or even want to be friends anymore. Then I realized that if that were the case he wouldn't have come over today or be happy for me.

Two hours had gone by so far and once Wooshin, Xiao, and Kogyeol were playing Wei placed a hand on my arm lightly. I turned to look at him and he motioned for me to go with him. We walked down the hall to a guest bedroom where he sat down on the bed, patting the place next to him for me to sit. I sat down with him and waited for what was coming next. He turned his body to fully face me and took a deep breath. If I wasn't worried earlier I certainly had a reason to be now.

"Wei what's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong...I just..."

He was obviously more afraid than I was because for the first time ever he couldn't look me in the eyes. Wei isn't one to shy away from eye contact when talking to someone.

"Is this about my birthday gift? You know if you forgot to get me something it's not a big deal. Having you here is better than anything physical you could get me."

I gave him my best smile, squeezing his shoulder gently to show him things were fine. That wasn't the problem however as he still couldn't look at me. Clearly he had bought me something but whatever was bothering him had to do with him and I.

"Y/N. I have something I need to tell you..."

Once he said those words I let go of his shoulder, moving away from him. I could take another blow but I knew it was coming, it's me, there had to be another one somewhere. He saw my reaction and tried to get me to face him again but I wouldn't, if he was about to hit me with his real feelings about the friendship I didn't want to hear it. I knew what he was thinking already: you're not that great, I don't want to be friends anymore, you can forget about the last 3 years.

"...do you really think I would hurt you?"

That I wasn't expecting at all. I glanced over at him and his eyes said it all: why would you think that? We're best friends...

"What do you need to tell me?"

I kept my gaze on him but didn't turn my body, I wasn't willing to give that. He reached for my hands, holding them softly and it was then I realized how big they were compared to mine. I always called Wei a tree but being in this kind of proximity was very different.

"I've been thinking about this for a long time...I keep replaying how I'm going to tell you and every time I always get too scared. Not this time though. Y/N, you are my best friend, I love spending time with you, you make me happy and feel lighter in so many ways... You are such a sweet and kind person, you care so much for everyone in your life, but you've never had someone care for you...at least...not the way you want them to. You're the sun in my world and I don't want to let that go...I...I adore you. Will you accept my feelings?"

I looked into his eyes for a moment to make sure he wasn't pulling my leg. No way was I going through more heartbreak and not by the one person I came to Like Like...not again...But Wei was being serious. There was no joke behind his eyes.

He waited for probably what felt like centuries before I leaned in closer to peck him on the cheek. His hand flew up to his cheek as he stared at me for a moment then a smile broke out on his face. That same cute, sincere, adorable smile that makes my heart stop for a second. We didn't say anything to each other for a few minutes, silence was enough for us.

"So you feel the same way?"

"I didn't know how to tell you either...but I've Liked you for a long time."

"Then...may I..?"

I wasn't sure what he was talking about until his face was only inches away from mine. I could clearly see into his eyes, dark brown with warmth to them. He placed his hand on my cheek, running his thumb over it softly before gently guiding our faces closer to each other. At first his lips just barely grazed mine but it took only half a second for him to fully connect with mine. It was a sweet and gentle, but I could tell he meant everything he said through the kiss.

I moved closer to him, not wanting to let this moment go. One of his arm found its way around my waist, pulling me into his lap. When he pulled away I felt like I was in Heaven. For once I thought I could genuinely be happy with someone who cared for me as much as I cared for them. I hugged him tightly, thanking him. He chuckled while hugging me back and whispered in my ear.

"Happy birthday my little Devil."

"Thank you Wei..."

He suddenly pulled away with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. I laughed at him since he looked like a cod fish.

"I almost forgot, I do actually have a physical gift for you!!"

"What is it?"

"It's with the guys, hopefully they haven't ruined it by now."

I got up and ran out to the living room with Wei trailing behind me. Xiao glanced at Wei who nodded his head with a big smile gracing his face. Suddenly there was screaming and yelling from all sides of the room as the boys began to attack me and Wei with hugs. Hwanhee and Xiao were like giggling children while the rest were able to communicate words.

"Dude, you finally told her?"

"See Wei? I told you you had nothing to worry about. She adores you."

"Thanks guys, I'm honestly just glad that she listened to me without running off."

"Oh...uh...Did you happen to tell her about.."

He looked down at the floor when Jinhoo brought it up. There was some guilt in him now that he hadn't told me something also very important.

"...no...not yet it's too soon."

Xiao and Hwanhee pulled out a box from behind the couch and pushed it towards me. It was about half the size of me and seemed like it could possibly weigh as much as me. I looked over at Wei who gestured for me to open it. I grabbed hold of the ribbon and pulled. The box opened and on the inside was another box. This was smaller and looked more like it held clothing. Wooshin handed it to me, I sat down with my legs crossed in the floor to open it. I peeled back the tissue paper to find an all black outfit with a single rose.

"Wei..."

"Do you not like it? Your brother told me that when you go to town you don't like to look like a country girl so you wear these kinds of things...plus whenever we go you always dress more like this.."

"No I love it, thank you so much."

A Year Later (20h Birthday)

]Wei and I spent my next birthday alone in my apartment. By then I had moved out of my parents house and found a place in the city to live. The boys would often stop by for sleep overs so they left some of their things at my place. Wei would come over most of the time so we could hangout. By now we had been dating for a year and he still hadn't told me his secrete. I knew he had one but I wasn't going to push him to tell me until he was ready.

It was on this night that I found out his secret. Not because he told me but because he just did it. We were watching a movie together in my couch, cuddling under a blanket. The peaceful moments with him are my favorite and this was no exception. Half way through the movie he asked me to make a snack because he was hungry. To this day that boy still eats way more than I do.

I got up to make some popcorn for us, my back facing the living room. I went to the cupboard and pulled out a popcorn bag, put it in the microwave for five minutes and waited. My phone vibrated in my back pocket, I pulled it out to check. I had a message from Xiao. He wanted to be the last person to wish me happy birthday. Since it was around 11:50 pm he had managed to be the last. I sent him a message right back thanking him. I got so busy texting him I didn't notice Wei sneak up behind me and snake his arms around my waist. He left gentle kisses on my cheeks and around my neck. Though what happened next I couldn't have prepared myself for. He paused for a second and gave me another kiss on my neck but this time he didn't pull away: he sunk his teeth into my flesh.

I didn't scream but I did pass out. He caught me in his arms before I hit the floor and he began to panic. He brought me to my room, laying me down on the bed gently before grabbing a wet cloth and pressing it against my neck. Wei stayed up for hours watching over me, I didn't wake up until 4 am when I found him asleep next to me. I moved away as fast as I could, hugging my knees to my chest. All I could think was: he bit me...he actually bit me... then I felt my neck and found two small punctures in the middle of my neck in between my ear and collarbone.

The bed shifted slightly and I found myself looking right into his eyes. They were glowing red and I could see the ends of fangs sticking out slightly from his mouth. He looked at me with a sad expression, moving away and sliding off the bed. I watched him walk out of my room and then out of my apartment. Then I cried. I couldn't help it. Part of me hated him but part of me was terrified that I had lost the best thing to happen in my life.

For weeks we didn't see each other or communicate in any way. Xiao and Wooshin came over more often to check up on me but I wouldn't talk to them either. I figured that if Wei was one, they all were. Kogyeol would try to call me but I'd never answer. I let each call go to voice mail and each message left unread. Little did I know that Wei was having an even harder time.

He wasn't eating, sleeping, or talking. All he would do is lay in his bed and cry his heart out. Wooshin and Xiao tried many times to get him to at least drink water but every time they tried he would ignore them. All he wanted was to be alone and suffer the consequences.

By the time I decided to go to pay them all a visit and I had gotten over the emotions running through my head I wasn't sure what I would find. I knocked on the door softly, waited a few seconds, and the door flew open to reveal a sleep deprived Kogyeol. When he realized it was me standing in front of him he pulled me in for a tight hug. He didn't let me go for a good five minutes, in which time Wooshin and Xiao had found us and joined in on the hug. When they finally let me go they all looked exhausted, but more sad than anything else. Wooshin was the first to look me in the eyes and I could tell what he was about to say wouldn't be good.

"It's Wei..."

"What happened?"

"Y/N...were so sorry but...Wei...he's..."

"No...Xiao no...he can't be..."

I didn't let them talk to me anymore. I ran down the hall to his room but found it locked. I banged my fists on the door and yelled for him to open it but there was no sound or movement inside. Wooshin, Kogyeol, and Xiao were standing behind me, watching as I tried to get in.

"Get me a hammer. NOW."

Xiao ran off to get the hammer and came back in .5 seconds with an extremely worried look on his face. I began to hit the door with all my strength and eventually made it into his room. All the lights were off but I could tell where he was. There on the bed, in a heap, was an unconscious Wei with tear stained cheeks. He wasn't breathing. I jumped on the bed, crawling over to him and shaking his shoulders.

"Wei!! Wake up! Come on don't do this to me!"

I felt the pain in my chest and knew the tears would follow soon but I didn't care. I wanted him back and I wanted him now.

"You can't leave me like this!! Wake up dummy!!"

Nothing. No matter what I did he wouldn't wake up and I started to sob. My cries filled the dorm, my body shook violently, I hugged Wei with all my heart. All the boys were standing in the hallway, tears filling their eyes as they watched me. I didn't believe it. I couldn't believe it. He couldn't have left me like that. And yet some part of me knew he was already too far gone.

Eventually I felt a hand on my back: Kogyeol had tears streaming down his face. I gripped onto him, not willing to let go. He cried with me, rubbing my back slowly in circles just like Wei used to right before I would fall asleep.

"I'm so sorry...we tried everything we could...but he refused everything...he only wanted you..."

"It's my fault. I-I should have come by sooner. Then maybe I could have saved him...."

"Y/N...?? W-what are you doing here...??"

I turned around to the familiar voice and found Wei looking at me with tired, dead eyes. If it's possible I began to cry harder as I hurried over to him. I landed on his chest and sobbed my heart out again but this time because he wasn't dead. When I pulled away I began to pepper his face with kisses. Once my lips met his it seemed like something sparked inside him. He sat up abruptly, kissing me back with passion, an apology, and happiness. When he pulled away his skin had gained color back, his eyes were bright and full of wonder, and best of all I could feel his heart beat.

"I thought...I really thought.."

"I needed time but I've made up my mind. I'm never letting you go again."

He pressed his forehead to mine, staring deeply into my eyes and he smiled.

"I love you my little devil."

Everyone gasped then began to clap their hands vigorously. He said the three words that I used to dread hearing but now that they came out of his mouth, I loved them. I knew then I wanted to hear those words from his lips for the rest of my life. He alone would be able to say this words to me like that.

"I love you too Wei...with all my heart and soul."

"Hey Y/N, since you're officially a vampire now, why don't we celebrate?"

We turned to Hwanhee who had a hopeful smile on his face. Xiao stood right behind him while jumping up and down. The other boys seemed to be very excited now by this prospect and I couldn't blame them.

"Let's celebrate."

Wei said still looking at me. The boys whooped and cheered as they ran off to get things ready leaving Wei and I alone in his room.

"I'm sorry.."

"For what?"

"For not talking to you. I should have but I couldn't bring myself to just yet."

"It's alright. We're here now and things are looking up."

"That's true."

"Come on my little devil, let's go celebrate your new vampire l