Sugar and Spice (ShinSun)

Up10tion Oneshots and Scenarios

Genre: Slight Angst to Fluff

Word Count: 1,797

Pairing: ShinSun

A/N: So no one asked for this but I decided to try my hand at writing again. This time it’s for Sunyoul and Wooshin, both of whom make my heart shake *plays heart shaker in the background*

 - Admin Ania


“Xiao, what did I tell you about running around the dorm?”

The grey-haired boy glanced up at his bandmate with a slightly guilty expression. While he knows not to run around the dorm, at least not at top speed, he was simply trying to get his phone back from the second youngest of the group. Said male was currently hiding behind a corner listening to mother of group practically scold the youngest because of something he didn’t even start. This wasn’t the first time the youngest ones of the group had gotten into this kind of situation with the main vocal. It certainly won’t ever be the last, seeing as how they manage to make a mess of almost everything within thirty feet of them. 

“Mooooooomm~…. No it wasn’t my fault.”

It’s not that Xiao is bad at taking directions, it’s not that Sunyoul is a mean person, it’s the fact that there was a miscommunication between the two. The older sighed heavily bringing his delicate fingers up to his temple and rubbing it in a circle. In this time Hwanhee had come out of hiding to give the youngest his phone back and apologize himself. When Sunyoul finally noticed the other he promptly smacked him in the arm then walked off to the room he shared with Wooshin. 

Neither of them moved, seeing as they were afraid that Sunyoul may come back with something much worse than a slap on the arm. A bedroom door opened then closed firmly down the hall from them which meant that the main vocal wouldn’t be returning any time soon. Both boys decided it was best that they leave the dorm for a while so that the other could gather himself before facing them again. However, the second that Xiao opened the door he found Wooshin there with a rather surprised facial expression.

“Sunyoul needs you.”

Without another word, the two youngest slipped past the visual, quickly making their way down the street. The red-head stood in the door way for a moment trying to contemplate what the youngest of the group had said before running away. It was odd really; Sunyoul never gets upset enough to have one of their bandmates tell Wooshin that the main vocal needs him. Glancing around the dorm, Wooshin noticed that even with the TV on the silence that filled the space was bone crushing.

He stepped inside, closing the door behind him quietly so as not to disturb the others who could be inhabiting the space at the moment. While there was no direct sign of Sunyoul, he red-head knew where the other had gone: the bedroom. Wooshin made his was down the hall, running into a rather concerned Kuhn who explained everything that had transpired a few minutes ago. The news was of no shock to the visual; rather he expected this kind of behavior from the younger boy and told the co-leader he would take care of things.

When Wooshin reached their shared room a faint smell of lavender made its way to his nose; the one thing that would calm Sunyoul down if he wasn’t there. Gingerly, he reached his hand out for the doorknob as the sweet scent of lavender drifted into his nose. For the main vocal; there are only so many things that can help him calm down after a long day of taking care of the youngest. It wasn’t too hard to figure out that Sunyoul needed to be around soothing scents and spaces for him to relax.

“Wooshin, it’s best if you don’t stand there on the other side of the door like a stalker.”

That was slightly embarrassing; having your lover tell you something so blunt but saying it in such an endearing way. Swallowing the lump that had found its way into his throat, Wooshin entered the room to find Sunyoul laying on his side facing the wall. Seeing the other in such a position began to worry the visual a great deal; he’d never seen the other this upset about a small incident with the youngest of the group.

“What’s wrong?”

“You’re never here.”

“Pardon?”

If Wooshin wasn’t mistaken; he is always here. Everyday it’s the same routine and everyday he gives Sunyoul his love. What the latter says doesn’t make sense to him, as far as the concept of him being around goes. It takes only a second for the younger of the two to shoot up from his position and practically throw the visual against the door. Such a reaction left Wooshin bewildered and extremely aware that this wasn’t the Sunyoul he knows.

“You’re never here. Physically you are always here but emotionally it seems that you’ve become distant and I don’t know what to say to you most days.”

“Sunyoul, I still don’t understand.”

The main vocal heaved his chest in a sigh that clearly had been waiting to come out; this was unfamiliar territory for both of them. Sunyoul lay back on the bed, this time he stared up at the ceiling with his arms at his sides. For a moment, it seemed that he had given up with trying to explain himself to the latter. Wooshin sat down beside him as a strange silence filled the space between them. Even though they’ve been together for almost two years, there was never a time where tension broke out in such a way as this. Neither of them liked what was going on, however, one of them was too stubborn to say what was wrong and one was too clueless as to what had gone wrong.

“There’s emotional distance between us now. I don’t fully know when it happened but it did and here we are. You hardly talk to me when we do have alone time together. So, tell me Wooseok: do you still love me?”

Wooshin woke with a start in the middle of the night just as a bolt of lightning cracked in the inky black sky above. Frantically he glanced around the room to find that his nightmare had been just that; a nightmare. Just five feet away from him lay the figure of his beloved, his chest rising and falling at an even pace. The red-head placed a hand to his heart and sure enough he had woken up from the intense fear of his mind. For a moment, Wooshin thought he might just go back to sleep but the fear came back as soon as it had left. As quietly as possible he made his way to the sleeping boy and checked on him.

“Yein.”

His voice came out as a whisper at first and grew more frantic as the seconds went by without a word from the younger. It took about five minutes to get him awake and once he realized it was Wooshin, with tear stained cheeks, he shot up to comfort him. Placing warm hands on his cheeks, Sunyoul peppered kisses around the others face leaving the lips for last. When he pulled away it was as if all of the visuals composure had broken down; Sunyoul was face with a very broken Wooshin.

“Sh… It’s okay. I’m here… It’ll be okay.”

A sob left the others throat, his body shook against the hold of the younger, and somehow it made him feel just a little bit better. He didn’t ask questions of his love, that was about the last thing he needed seeing as he hardly cries. Fifteen minutes later the older had calmed down enough to speak, even though his voice came out as a whisper. The question he asked Sunyoul struck the boy as a shock but also found it very confusing; what brought on this train of thought?

“Do I love you well?”

“Of course you do. If I had any complaints I would tell you. Kim Wooseok, what on Earth makes you think you don’t?”

“I had a dream about us and… Well let’s just say it wasn’t pleasant at all.”

Surprisingly, Sunyoul found himself laughing at the situation; at how ridiculous it is. He doesn’t find Wooshin to be ridiculous, however the thought of his lover actually questioning himself over a bad dream was out of character. The latter didn’t understand why he was laughing because to Wooshin, this isn’t a laughing matter. Even without this nightmare he does occasionally wonder if he’s doing enough to make the younger boy happy.

“Oh Wooshin, you always worry too much. In all honesty, you love me as much as I could ever ask for. I know it’s hard for you to express your feelings sometimes but it always finds a way out and I adore you.”

“If I didn’t love you enough, you would tell me thought right?”

“If you didn’t love me enough I would probably nag you.”

The younger smiled brightly through the darkness of the room, which made Wooshins heart slightly lighter than it had been. It occurred to Sunyoul right then and there, that maybe, just maybe, the red-head wasn’t just worried about loving him enough. A thought made its way into the main vocals head: Wooshin could be deeply bothered by something and this might be his way of expressing his concerns.

“There’s something else you’re worried about. I can tell. What’s on your mind?”

“Maybe in the near future something will happen to me. Maybe it’ll affect me so much that I end up not being able to love you like I do now. If in the event that happens… will you still love me?”

That was the big question: would they still love each other even during the hardest of times? Sunyoul thought for a few minutes before coming to the conclusion that he would indeed still love Wooshin during the hardest of times. Sure, he may not be the softest person out there and yet Sunyoul prefers it to be that way. If the latter were to be really soft all the time he might be a bit freaked out.

“Even during the worst of times I will still love you. I know you express your love to me in small ways most of the time and that doesn’t bother me at all. I know that if I was having a hard time you would still love me.”

With a small smile Wooshin hugged the latter warmly, and for the first time, he felt like he was safe this way. Things may not always be perfect because life doesn’t work that way, so taking it in strides with people who love you makes the pain diminish a bit. He pulled away from Sunyoul to connect their foreheads; staring deep into the latters eyes with such affection that it made him blush.

“You’re my sugar.”

“And you’re my spice.”