Would You Maybe Want To...

Crayons

By the time December rolled around, they had all fallen into a simple routine. Every other night, Jeongyeon would sleep over at Nayeon’s  apartment taking Sungjae  to school in the morning so she could have rest. Jeongyeon would drop off Sungjae at the company ,bringing her lunch during her break so she and her son could have some time together.

 After that she'd would drive Sungjae  home, make sure his bath was taken by the time Nayeon came home so they could then spend some time all together. Nayeon never  questioned how natural it felt to come home to Jeongyeon in her apartment, the smell of food cooking and Sungjae as he played around the house.

By the time the little boy was sleeping, all three of them cuddled in the single bed reading a story, the night had fallen, covering the snowy streets in darkness.

On the days there as too much snow, or it was too cold to go out, Nayeon would prevent Jeongyeon from leaving, claiming shee needed her girlfriend's arms to keep her warm. The blonde usually accepted without a fight, as they both knew she had no desire to go home. The woman's apartment had become barren, Jeongyeon only returning there to sleep once in a while, or receive her sister on quick visits as she brought her daughter for her to babysit.

Jeongyeon would ask her every time if she'd like to meet her sisters, but Nayeon would decline everytime, she was nervous  but would use the excuse that it was too soon. Other nights Jeongyeon would wait for Nayeon's shift to be over, bringing her and Sungjae home at the same time. Those nights, they all went about their lives as an ensemble, moving around one another as if they had done so for years.

Tonight was no different than any other night. Nayeon walked into the warm apartment, she made her way to the kitchen where soft music played. Jeongyeon was behind the stove, stirring something that smelled delicious as Sungjae sat at the counter, homework spread out over the marble surface chatting excitedly with Jeongyeon.

“Hey Bunny" smiled Nayeon as she leaned down, pressing a kiss to the top of the boy's head. “How was school today?”

"It was great! We made a box out of toothpicks and jellies..." then the boy let out a sigh head falling against Nayeon's stomach as the boy’s hand tightened in her shirt.

“You tired bunny?” she asked, working her fingers gently through Sungjae's soft hair, looking up to see Jeongyeon smiling at her.

Wording a silent hey to Jeongyeon, she glanced back down at her son seeing the boy nod slightly.

“How about we brush our teeth and head to bed then yeah?” she questioned, picking the boy up who nodded again, hiding his face in the crook of her neck.

She settled with the boy’s weight on her hip, swaying from side to side as she kissed Jeongyeon’s lips quickly. “Did you have a nice day?”

Jeongyeon hummed out a happy yes, pressing to the side of Nayeon’s neck that was free. “Wanted to ask you something over dinner, got us some wine for when the little one is asleep.”

“Should I be worried?” Nayeon wondered, stepping even closer until Jeongyeon's hand slid down her back, comforting and anchoring.

“Never,” breathed Jeongyeon kissing her again. “How about you put him to bed and I’ll just finish up here.”

Nodding, she let go of Sungjae  who reached out for Jeongyeon demanding goodnight kisses before the little boy was back on his feet, hurrying towards the bathroom. 

“Thank you,” whispered Nayeon fingers tangling in Jeongyeon's flannel shirt as she pressed her forehead to the woman’s chest, sighing when her arms wrapped around her shoulders instantly. “I couldn’t do this without you.”

“You could,” countered Jeongyeon hands rubbing up and down her back. “But I’m more than happy to be here, with you and your son.”

And the only thing  Nayeon could think of as she leaned away, kissing Jeongyeon again before walking to the bathroom where Sungjae brushing his teeth was that Mhe wasn’t just her son anymore, he was Jeongyeon's too.

----

“He’s already sleeping,” Nayeon said as she sat down at the kitchen table, taking in the beautiful set up the woman in front of her had made. There were two candles in the center of the table, reflecting bright colors from the crystal wine glasses that were filled with rich burgundy liquid. The table was filled with many side dishes and lots of meat, reminding her of her mother’s cooking as she smiled. 

“You didn’t have to do all this,” she mumbled taking her fork as she took the first bite, instantly.

“But god, it’s perfect.”

Grinning back, obviously enjoying the praise, Jeongyeon a bite of her own food, sipping her wine.

“I love cooking for you, and I thought we needed something nice, something special for a night.”

“I know its hard with Sungjae,” started Nayeon, feeling as though she should apologize for being unable to offer Jeongyeon more of an actual couple’s relationship. Everything they did always included Sungjae, watching movies usually meant watching Disney films, and any activities on the weekends were usually child oriented. They never really got to do the dating thing, like romantic dinners and strolls in the park and she felt as though it wasn’t fair to Jeongyeon to be burdened with her mommy duties.

“Don’t apologize for your son,” interrupted Jeongyeon frowning at Nayeon who sipped her wine, knowing Jeongyeon hated when she started feeling guilty for taking care of Sungjae over her.

“He comes first, and I couldn’t be happier with our relationship,” promised Jeongyeon, eyes cast down for a minute as if she was suddenly nervous.

“I actually wanted to ask something, something about Christmas.”

It was rare that Jeongyeon looked shy when talking to her, usually very assertive of what she said or asked. The woman’s sudden nervousness had her doubling over in attention, trying to act casual as she took a sip of her wine, while deep down, butterflies bloomed in her stomach.

“I know christmas is Sungjae's birthday and that you'll want to celebrate with your friends and family” started Jeongyeon as she fiddled with her fork, pushing a piece of chicken around in her plate until Nayeon's hand settled over her wrist, an encouraging squeeze making her stop.

“Well, I was going to go home, to see my parents and I was thinking maybe you and Sungjae could come with me. And we could like, celebrate together, as a family.”

She was slightly taken aback by the question, dropping her fork onto her plate with a loud clatter that had Jeongyeon wincing.

“It was just a thought,” Jeongyeon added quickly removing her hand from under Nayeon's’s as if the touching was burning her skin.

Pushing away from the table, Nayeon ran a hand through her hair, her throat feeling tight as her mind spun through the endless possibilities that all depended on her reaction. She loved Christmas time, her son was born on Christmas for God's sake, but she knew the importance of Jeongyeon bringing her home to meet her parents.

 She knew the monumental step it was for her to bring her son into someone else’s family, to let them marvel at her son, to let her son get attached. It was the most terrifying thing in the world, like standing above a cliff and waiting to fall. Yet all she could see in the ocean beneath her was Jeongyeon. 

It was the way the woman laughed, so warm and deep, the way her arms wrapped around Nayeon exactly at the right moment to keep her safe and happy, it was the way Jeongyeon took care of Sungjae as if he was her own.

Their loves stood in the millions of details of their routine life. It was so easy to see, the fact that they already formed a family and all Nayeon to do was accept, to fall into the abyss of Jeongyeon’s offer and hope for the best. She had to trust Jeongyeon with her heart, and the truth was, she already did. The day she’d let Jeongyeon leave alone with Sungjae for the first time was the day she’d fallen in love.

Turning over to face her, Nayeon smiled, brushing the small tears that had escaped Jeongyeon's eyes as she waited for Nayeon's answer.

“We’re already a family,” she whispered, slipping between Jeongyeon's legs so she could look directly at her, cupping her cheeks as she tilted Jeongyeon's face up to her own. “I’d love to come home with you and celebrate Christmas with your parents and I’m sure Sungjae would too.”

“We can ask him the morning, yeah?” Jeongyeon inquired, looking hopeful as she grinned widely at Nayeon kissing the woman’s wrist, the tears staining her cheeks already forgotten.

“Yeah, we can,” replied Nayeon falling easily into Jeongyeon's embrace. After a minute Jeongyeon released her, gesturing for Nayeon to take her seat, which she did, resuming her meal.

“Feels weird to eat without SpongeBob in the background or avengers figurines lingering the floor,” Jeongyeon said after a few minutes, intertwining their fingers as Nayeon nodded with a laugh.

“Wanna take this to the living room and put on a movie?”

“Definitely,” chuckled Nayeon  taking the plates as Jeongyeon blew out the candles, cuddling into the couch tangled one on top of the other.

“This feels more like us,” mumbled Jeongyeon, mouth brushing across Nayeon's who shivered at the touch, burying herself further into the Jeongyeon’s chest.

“I never thought I’d have this,” admitted Nayeon as the movie began, the wine making her cheeks burn, or maybe it was because of her girlfriend. Since having Sungjae she never thought she'd be able to date or get into a serious relationship, she always thought who'd want to date a woman with a child.

“How lucky did I get to find you, to get Sungjae ” Jeongyeon said softly.

“You’re going to give me one of those infamous glares of yours but, I'm the lucky one,” 

Jeongyeon smirked when Nayeon did indeed glare at her, knocking the woman’s shoulder with her own before biting at her jaw.

“Are you sure you're real or are you made out of cheese?” questions Nayeon “because that was cheesy as hell.”

“I’m part pepper jack, just a bit spicyy" Jeongyeon said very seriously, making Nayeon roll her eyes as she pinched Jeongyeon’s arm.

“You’re a dork, that’s what you are.”

“I’m your dork.”

“My dork,” she said simply finishing her wine as Jeongyeon did the same, the woman’s lips stained deep red, almost begging to be kissed.

“Do you think I could put up a tree here? We could make it an evening, decorated it together next Saturday night?” Jeongyeon questioned as she helped Nayeon her lap, positioning the smaller woman so each of her knees cradled her body.

Nayeon fell into the new position easily, wrapping her arms around Jeongyeon’s neck as they shared a lingering kiss. “That would be lovely, Sungjae's been taking about decorating a tree since the first snow fall.”

“And the busy season at your company will be over,” stated Jeongyeon, but it came out more as a soft groan than anything else, Nayeon's hips rolling against her own, making her moan out in pleasure.

“I’ll be all yours,” Nayeon vowed, sliding to the ground so she could kneel between Jeongyeon's legs, the movie playing softly behind them long forgotten.

“You already are,” growled Jeongyeon, her fingers through Nayeon's  hair, pulling her forth for a demanding kiss, something meant to mark her territory; but Nayeon didnt complain, she only kissed her back and allowed herself to keep falling, completely distracted by the promises dancing on her tongue.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

More domestic fluff, hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I apologize for any typos. As always feedback is appreciated so lemme know what y'all thought.