First Day

Crayons

(Pic Nayeon sent-added it to chapter but it.  doesn't show so https://goo.gl/images/AXGHL6)

Nayeon sent that picture out in the groupchat she and her friends had and to her parents, captioning it first day of school. Most of the replies was them saying how adorable Sungjae was and then there was Jae.

'If you don't take that hat of my nephew, by God I'll fly over there and so it myself'

She laughed at his silliness but left it on since Sungjae chose this outfit himself. They were currently walking to the train station Sungjae skipping while holding Nayeon's hand. He was talking excitedly, and Nayeon was glad, she was worried that Sungjae might've been one of those kids that would be clingy and not want to go to school. She was worried either way, this would be the first time Sungjae would be away from her for so long, and the first time he's going to be around kids his age for more than 2 hours.

He was her baby, who was always a bit too excited and she worried he might be perceived the wrong way. She was a parent she just couldn't help but worry. It seems Sungjae had a sugar crash after all because the boy slept the whole train ride, which made Nayeon feel relieved.
'At least he'll be well rested... he might stay up for naptime though' she thought as she watched her son sleep across her lap.
-
They had finally arrived and as they entered the school Sungjae was excited again, though Nayeon noticed could see his nervousness on his face. He made grabby hands at her wanting to be carried so she did.

"Nothing to be nervous about bunny. You're gonna make tons of friends and have fun alright?"

He buried his face in the crook of her neck, and mumbled

"You think so mommy?"

"Oh I know so, you just be yourself and you'll shine bright" she gave him a swift kiss on the cheek and let him down as they approached the classroom door. Laughter, crying and the patter of feet could be heard outside the door, she bent down to adjust Sungjae's clothes and whispered 'fighting!' while holding up her fists, Sungjae did the same.

She was about to get up to open the door of the classroom when it opened suddenly.

"Well hello there you must be Ms. Im, I'm Ms. Yoo"

In front of her stood a tall blonde smiling warmly at her. She was wearing a red blouse and black jeans and sneakers
'Hmm If I was a kindergarten teacher I wouldn't wear heels either' she thought to herself.

"Yes that's me, how'd you know that?" She looked at the woman questionably.

"Ah well, everyone else is here except you two so I just assumed"

"Oh are we late? I could've sworn we were on time"

"You are, everyone else was just early" the blonde teacher laughed softly and kept her smile 'God she has a pretty smile; shut up brain that's our sons teacher'

"Please call me Nayeon" she said finally snapping out of it. Ms. Yoo nodded and then bent down to Sungjae who was slightly standing behind Nayeon.

"What about you little guy? What's your name?"

"I'm Sungjae and I'm 4" he said while putting up 4 fingers and smiling widely. Seems her son isn't nervous anymore.

"Well Sungjae I'm Ms. Yoo and I'm going to be your teacher" she puts out her hand and Sungjae gave her a high five. She looked a little surprised but laughed and so did Nayeon, she'll tell him later that he's supposed to shake people's hands.

"Sungjae do you remember the letter you had to wrote about things you like and don't like?"

"Yeah I said I don't like cucumbers, celery and catching live fishes"

Nayeon learned this the hard way, Wonpil had taken them fishing and made them throw all the fish back into the water after catching them and would cry when they mentioned eating them. They ended up eating pizza instead.

"Well inside the classroom there's none of that but only things you like, like dinosaurs!" The teacher told him excitedly, her husky voice going a bit higher.

"Really? Is there a triceratops?"

"We even have velociraptor! Go right in and find the table with your name"

Sungjae rushed into the classroom and looked for his desk, as he did that Nayeon turned to the teacher.

"That letter thing was really cool"

 

"Oh thank you, finding out what they like and don't like makes them happy and makes the job easier" she said with a laugh.
 
She looked at Sungjae's desk, it had a huge superman logo sticker in the center and the dinos that were on top were now in Sungjae's hands as he was running towards the other children. She watched as two girls tied a cape around him as he made his dinos fight with another boys dinos.

"He seems to be adapting quickly" making Nayeon focus on the teacher again.

"I'm glad, I was a bit worried, this is all new for the both of us after all"

"That's normal" the teacher ran her hand down Nayeon's shoulder in a comforting manner, but Nayeon almost leaned into it, the touch sent sparks down her back. 'Jesus I'm I really that touched starved'.

She pushed down the feeling, and went to Sungjae.

"I've got to go now baby" he rushed towards her and she held him tight.

"If you need anything just ask Ms.Yoo, she'll give me or anyone in the family a call okay"

"Okay mom"

"Can I get a goodbye kiss?" She asked while puckering her lips, he gave her a quick peck.

"Bye mommy, love you lots"

"Love you too bunny" and with that he ran off to play again. She got up and faced the teacher again handing her paper.

"If anything happens, please don't hesitate to call me or any of these numbers"

Taking the paper Jeongyeon held Nayeon's gaze, her smile felt like more than just a polite smile and she saw look go through her eyes that Nayeon couldn't place.

"Don't worry too much, he'll be fine"

"I know, it's just sometimes he gets too excited and I worry-"

"They're a bunch of 4 year olds, they all get too excited, I don't think it'll be an issue"

At that moment the bell rung meaning classes were about to officially start. Nayeon felt a bit emotional, but calmed down. Jeongyeon squeezed her shoulder and walked past her giving her a comforting smile.

"I'll call if anything happens, don't you worry"

Nayeon walked out the class waving one last goodbye to Sungjae. She looked through the window as she watched Jeongyeon gather the kids in a circle and a sing a song about introducing themselves. They were excited and loving their teacher, she got a bit emotional as she saw it was Sungjae's turn to introduce himself. She then saw Ms.Yoo look at her, she felt caught and a bit embarrassed, but the blonde teacher simply gave her a smile and a nod as if telling her not to worry.

"Geez I'm such a mom"

She walked down the hall wiping a few tears. She was glad to see her son enjoying himself and having fun though. He had a pretty teacher who seemed to know what she's doing, she's got nothing to worry about.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

2yeons first meeting yaayy!! How was it? They're still practically strangers so not much happened today. Slowly but surely thoe don't y'all worry. As always feedback is appreciated so lemme know what y'all thought. No but really I appreciate all your comments so thank you to those who always comment.