Ouch

Crayons

The day Sungjae was born; Christmas. It was a Christmas dinner with the people she considered family, the 24th she had dinner with her mom and dad and shared presents. Her parents were supportive and her dad wanted to kill Jaebum when he found out and Nayeon was afraid he might, her dad wasn't exactly an old man, he was in his 40s and in great shape. Thankfully she calmed him out of it, and they were excited to have a grandson on the way, they were ready to pamper and spoil him.

The 25th they had gathered at Nayeon and Jihyo's apartment, Jae, Wonpil, Jackson, and Sana were the people that had come into her life and stuck by her. They were the people she trusted and will forever be grateful for. The whole dinner was loud and boisterous and she was pretty sure that Jae was drunk from just a glass of wine. His cheeks were rosy and he was going on a speech about Sungjae.

"My nephew "lil Jae" is going to be the greateeest baby the world has seen! I speak the into the existence" he slurred.
"Okay buddy, you're drunk sit down" Wonpil grabbed Jae by the shoulders and helped him off the chair.

"Why do you all think I'm naming my baby after y'all, I told you his name will be Sungjae" Nayeon said while laughing.

There were two other people who were drunk and they were Sana and Jackson. They were happy drunks, laughing at anything that was said, and had tears practically steaming down their faces from laughing so hard. But everyone sobered up when Nayeon dropped a plate she was taking to the sink. Sana and Jihyo were by her side immediately, she winced in pain and took deep breaths

"Oh god oh god oh god, I think I'm having contractions" just when she finished saying that her water broke it sent everyone into auto pilot. Jihyo went to get the bag they had prepared for when the day finally came and Sana helped her towards the door.

"I'll go get the car" Jackson said while rushing out the door, Jae following him.

"Yes, her water just broke... yes we're on our way" wonpil spoke calmly into the phone. He then proceeded to help Sana guide Nayeon to Jackson's car. He then got on Jae's car to drive , since he was drinking. Jihyo took the wheel in Jackson's car and Jackson sat in the back seat to be with Nayeon. In the midst of it all Nayeon sent a text to Jaebum

'I'm going into labor'

He had simply read it but never came to the hospital, she'll never tell that to anybody later on. She thought he'd at least show up to his birth.

Im Sungjae came into the world with Jihyo and Sana by her side, and his 3 uncles and grandparents waited all night to meet him. From the day he was born he was pampered with love.

When Sungjae could understand, Nayeon would tell him he's the best Christmas present she's ever gotten.

-
Today Sungjae is four, a bundle of never ending energy that Nayeon could never get enough of. Things were more stable now, Jihyo accomplished her dream of becoming a CEO and gave Nayeon a job as a photographer. She was the CEO of an online shopping mall and business couldn't be going better. It helped a lot that her boss was also her best friend she got her own office with a small play area for Sungjae and Jihyo was friendly to everyone making all the workers be friendly and warm people. But it didn't mean she could slack off on her job. Photo shoots took long and gruelling hours, then she had to edit, this made her even more thankful for he son's uncle's.
-
Jae and Wonpil had a radio show called 'WonJae FM' it was popular due to Jae and Wonpil's playful rivalry and fan base from their band DAY6, they were pretty popular and every indie kid who likes rock knows them.

They would babysit Sungjae, even if they had a concert or radio show scheduled and fans loved it.

"What's up everybody and welcome back to WonJae FM"

Nayeon was currently editing pictures from the latest shoot as Jae's voice came through her earphones.

"Today we have a special guest who makes frequent appearances on our show, if youvr listen to us before then you'll know who is by his theme song" Wonpil said, right after, their song 'I Wait' played but it was a version played on a xylophone, making it sound like a nursery rhyme.

"Its Sungjae" Jae and Wonpil shouted

"Hellooo, I'm Sungjae"

"Yes that's right everybody, it's my little nephew and everyone's favorite rockstar Sungjae" said Jae excitedly.

"As you know, whenever is Sungjae is here, we make the show a viewable radio show since we play games with the little man, and don't forget to make calls for...

"Sungjae's words of wisdom~"

The little jingle always made Nayeon laugh, it was a segment in the show whenever they had Sungjae over. People would ask for advice and Sungjae would answer their questions.

"Sungjaenim~ I have to plan a date for my girlfriend, where should we go?"

"You should go to the slide and the swings, those are my favorites when me and mommy go on dates, and then...then... go to a maze"

"A maze"

"So you can be excited when you find each other again"
-
"Sungjae-ah, what should I buy my mom for her birthday"

"My mom says I'm the best present she can have, are you not the best present?"

"Oooh roasteeed" Jae screamed into the Mic and Wonpil's laugh could be heard, as loud horns played.

Nayeon shook her head, 'God those guys are a terrible influence'.
-
When Jackson would pick Sungjae up he would take him to his gym. Jackson owned a gym where he taught dancing, acrobatics and fencing.

"Alright buddy show me what you got"

They had fencing gear on Sungjae had a tiny sword and was in position. He let put a battle cry before rushing toward Jackson and headbutting him in that area.

"Uumf, ooow owowowow"
Jackson fell to the ground in fetal position holding himself. Sungjae was a giggling mess, happy with what he had done.

"Take that yeaah!! And the crowd goes wiiild" Sungjae made fake cheering noises and then put his head on the ground and started tumbling.

"If you ever do that again I'm never taking you to one of our secret ice cream dates" Jackson said in between his teeth.

"Nooo, I'm sorry uncle jacks" Sungjae ran towards Jackson giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek while patting his back.

 The constant babysitting would come to a small break as Sungjae was going to be attending School from now on.

Instead of Nayeon waking Sungjae up, he woke her up instead. She could hear the latter of his feet on the hardwood floor running towards her room. The bed dipped as he climbed on top and settled next to Nayeon, he wrapped himself around her like a monkey and gave her a kiss.

"Mommy! Mommyyy! Wake up it's my first day of school today"

Nayeon feigned sleep, and Sungjae gave her more kisses unaware that she was already awake and just faking it.

"Mommyy~ we don't wanna be latee"

"Aaah!"

Nayeon surprised him, grabbing him and holding him down while pampering the little boy with kisses and tickling him. He squealed with laughter his face turning a little red and Nayeon stopped. The little boy was grinning happily under her, breathless from all the laughing, she smoothed his hair.

"Is my little bunny excited for his 1st day?"

"Yeah!! You have yo gimmie a bath so we can go!"

"Ooh that's right, can't go out being a stinky bunny now can we?" Nayeon buried her face into his belly scrunching her face pretending he was smelly making Sungjae laugh some more.

"What's all this ruckus I hear so early in the morning?" Jihyo stood in Nayeon's doorway already dressed to go to work she was smiling playfully and look.

"Its my first day of school" he said jumping around on the bed

"Oh I know that's why I made you your favourite breakfast before I left for work" Jihyo raised her eyebrows and sent him a wink.

"Super double stuffed nutella waffles!!" They said at the same time and he jumped off the bed and into Jihyo's arms

"Sana is still my favorite aunt" he stuck out his tongue at her

"Yaa~"

They waited for Nayeon at the kitchen. She came out and sat next to Jihyo while they watched Sungjae stuff his face with the chocolatey waffles.

"God he's gonna be on a sugar high all day now" said Nayeon

"Let's hope it's one of his rare sugar crashes instead"

"I already feel bad for his teacher" she said with a chuckle

"I already sent them my prayers"

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter as well, I like giving insight on the dynamics and backgrounds of the characters we'll see frequently. Next chapter is the 1st day of school, meaning 2yeons first meeting yaayy!! As always feedback is appreciated so lemme know what y'all thought.