Rest

Crayons

The rest of the week after realizing she had a crush on Jeongyeon had been pretty ty.
You would think she's been avoiding the young teacher but that isn't the case. It's an important week in the company, they're releasing new products and Jihyo has entrusted Nayeon with the photoshoots.

She hasn't been able to spend time with Sungjae and has simply been dropping him off eating dinner and putting him in bed. It's been like that all week. She would bring him to the office sometimes but that made her feel like a terrible parent, he would sit after running around for 30 minutes and watch her do her job or play by himself or fall asleep. So to make sure he wasn't too bored she'd been asking his aunts and uncles to pick up from school.

He seemed happy every time he was dropped off babbling about the art exhibit the school was holding. He'd been running around with the small Polaroid camera she had given him for Christmas but never showing her the pictures at dinner.

"Promise you'll come see them at the art exhibit?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world bunny"

They had pinky promised when he back to eating his food. They sat and played though after a while he started nodding off.

"Ok baby boy, time for bed alright?"

He was basically sleeping on the ground, hugging his stuffed bunny.  Nayeon layed on the ground in front him and watched him for a bit. Seeing him there she felt her heart sting, 'I'm a good mom right? this happens to working parents yeah?' she thought.

She picked him up and hoisted him onto her hip, laying his face on her shoulder. She layed him in bed and tucked him in giving him a kiss on his temple.

"I'm sorry I've been so busy, just a few more days and I promise we'll play till we drop. Mommy loves you a lot you know?"

"I lub you too mom" Sungjae said in a sleepy voice, making grabby hands towards her. Nayeon crawled into the tiny bed with him and held him close. He quickly fell asleep again. She sighed letting exhaustion take over, making her eyelids heavy.

'That's right, just a few more days, Nayeon. Just hold out, Fighting!'
-
She had dropped Sungjae off and was practically out within seconds. She was running late, kissing her son goodbye she rushed off to catch the train.

Truthfully, she was exhausted all these photoshoots were killing her and it didn't help that she had a slight cold. To make matters worse it's been raining all day. But today she had some time for her favorite little boy and she vowed to pick him up and do something with at least for an hour.

'Let's take him out to eat. Maybe the arcade? Yeah he'll like that'

As she stepped out of the company and into the rainy streets her phone rung. She held her umbrella in one hand and swiped right quickly fumbling her phone between her ear and shoulder.

"Hello?" She said while walking to the train station.

"Hey Nayeon, it's Jeongyeon, Ms. Yoo, just in case."

Nayeon's mind went a mile a minute coming up with all the possible scenarios of what could've happened to Sungjae for Jeongyeon yo be calling her. Her heart beat started to pick up and she started walking up the stairs of the train station and back to the streets to hail a cab.

"Is Sungjae all right? Did something happen?"

"Oh no no, he's fine, hes ok. I'm actually calling to remind you of the art exhibit, you're coming right?"

"Oh yeah, Wednesday right?"

"Yeah it is, it's Wednesday. Today, the exhibit started an hour ago"

.

". . ."

"You've still got time" she could hear the sympathy in the teachers voice. She quickly hung up and started hailing a cab more feverishly. She jumped into the first cab that stopped and told the driver the adress.

God dammit how could she forget. Sungjae has been so excited all week to show her his pictures at this event. They haven't been able to spend time together, he even made her promise. She wiped the tears that she didn't even realize were falling. She felt like such a disappointment. God she wonders how Sungjae must be feeling. She didn't even want to think about it.

When she got there she knew she was already to late.

The halls of the school were quiet,  and the sound of her heels echoed throughout as she passed by the classrooms which lights were shut off. She finally stopped in front of Sungjae's classroom. Jeongyeon was staring there, leaning against her desk holding her phone looking worried.

Nayeon dropped down hugging her knees to her chest.

"God I'm terrible, he's been so excited about this" she found herself saying out loud. She was too caught up in her own tears that she didn't notice Jeongyeon crouching next to her, running a comforting hand down her back.

She looked at her with concern and sympathy in her eyes. "You're not terrible and I know a little man who agrees with me" she stood up holding a hand out to Nayeon, Nayeon took a hold of it and let the tall woman lead her to the auditorium.

Her son was sitting on the stage with another short haired woman much more shorter than Jeongyeon, Sungjae and her were enthusiastically talking when it seems she noticed her and Jeongyeon, pointing them out to him.

"MOMMY!!!! You made iit"

 He was clambering down the stage steps and running towards her and Nayeon quickly did the same, catching him when he jumped on her. She felt her eyes stung with tears but she held them back.

"Yes I'm here now bunny, and in so sorry I'm late" she said while smothering him in kisses, he giggled at her and Nayeon felt her heart soar. The sound of his laugh is the best sound in the world to her. She looked towards Jeongyeon, mouthing her a thank you, to which she simply shrugged with a smile, while saying don't mention it. She watched as she waved goodbye to the teacher that had been with Sungjae.

"Its okay that you're late mommy, you promised you'd come so I was willing to wait"

"God what did I do to deserve such a precious son like you, now come on and show me those pictures you've been hiding". He climbed down from her arms and dragged her towards the wall left of the auditorium, there stood a pink poster cut out in the shape of a heart with pictures pasted on it. At the bottom the word family was written in messy glitter glue.

Nayeon looked at the pictures. There was a picture if Jae and Wonpil at their radio studio with their headphones on their forehead while throwing peace signs. A picture of Sana smiling with cookie dough stuck on her hands. Her parents giving each other a kiss, and Jihyo sitting on her desk holding a phone to her ear trying to look cool. Then she was the last picture, it was her nodding off in front of her computer.

'God when did he take that'

"Woah, are you sure you didn't make someone take these for you, these are wonderful!" She picked him up swinging him around. He laughed out loud when she ticked him.

"I did it all by myself" he shrieked between laughter. She held him close and told him.

"I'm proud of you baby"
-

They were back in the classroom and Nayeon was helping Sungjae into his jacket thanking Jeongyeon once again.

"Thank you for staying so late, I really appreciate it."

Jeongyeon nodded, and smiled a blush spreading across her face. She seemed to be thinking of something when she finally cleared .

"Do you take the train?" She asked as they walked towards the front doors of the school.

"Yeah, we do" as they stepped out the sound of the rainfall was loud and clear. Nayeon coughed into her elbow. She went to open her umbrella when she realized there was already a big red umbrella covering her. Jeongyeon held it while smiling down at her.

"How bout I give you two a ride?"

"Oh god no, you've already been kind enough by staying this late"

"I insist, wouldn't want that cough getting worse, and for Sungjae to catch a cold too."

She was right, and there was no harm in taking up the offer. They climbed into the car, putting Sungjae I'm the backseat. They fell into comfortable silence with Sungjae nodding off and falling asleep as they arrived. Jeongyeon parked her car and rushed out opening her umbrella and going towards Nayeon's door holding the umbrella. The action made her heart flutter, as she opened the door and went to get Sungjae from the backseat. She struggled to balance Sungjae on her hip along with his bag and hers.


"Let me help you up, and don't thank me again it's really no problem"

 Jeongyeon said while laughing and taking the bags from Nayeon and tucking them on her shoulder. She laughed because the girl had taken the words out of . She nodded and lead the way as Jeongyeon followed holding the umbrella over them, her small smile and blush never leaving her face. Not that Nayeon wasn't blushing either, honestly she felt like a teenager, she was getting butterflies.

As soon as they stepped into the building Sungjae woke up again, looking between Nayeon and Jeongyeon and becoming excited again. The one who was now nodding off was Nayeon as she leaned her head against the elevator wall. Jeongyeon looked at her with concern but still let her lead the way into her apartment.

As soon as she opened the Sungjae shot off, towards his room babbling away about how awesome his toys are and how he must show Ms.Yoo. Nayeon took the bags off Jeongyeon's shoulder hanging then on the hooks they had by the door. Leading her inside she smiled at her sheepishly, folding her hands in front of her

"Would you like to stay for dinner? it's the least I could do"

"I've got a better idea, how about you take a nap and I make dinner. In case I haven't told you, my dad's a chef." She said with a wink, while walking towards her pushing Nayeon lightly to the hallway where she saw Sungjae run off to.

"I couldn't do that to you-"

"You're not doing anything, I am. Now go don't worry I'll  watch him and make something delicious"

Nayeon walked towards her room, she found Jeongyeon's presence so comforting. She watched as Sungjae dragged his toy box out of his room Jeongyeon quickly getting up to help him. He looked extremly happy 'you like her that much Sungjae?' she thought while laughing. She did need a nap, so she went took a bath and did just that.

-

When she woke up, she could hear the sound of the tv playing on low and Jeongyeon's voice whispering softly. She made her way out of bed looking at herself in the mirror before walking out of the room. Jeongyeon was carrying Sungjae in her arms gently.

"Oh hey, I was just about to put him to bed. He fell asleep while drawing, it's seriously a talent."

"I can take him" She took him out of her arms and went towards his bedroom. She tucked him into to bed running her hands through his hair.

"That'll be the last time something like that happens, I promise bunny"

She gave one last kiss before walking out to the kitchen where Jeongyeon was serving her some food.

"Jesus this is amazing. Thank you so much for today. I don't know how to thank you, I seriously don't know what I would've done without you today"

She said between mouthfuls Jeongyeon simply chuckled and passed her a tissue.

"Like I said, don't mention it, you're doing much better than some parents, and trust me I deal with a lot of them"

"Its just that ever since Sungjae was born his dad has never been in the picture, I always question if I'm doing the right thing, and how things would be if his dad were in the picture- I'm sorry I'm telling you this I really must be insanely tired"

"Hey no worries, if you ever need anyone to talk to or to just listen I'm here. But I know that Sungjae doesn't feel that way about you"

Jeongyeon got up from her chair and took a paper out of her bag. She handed it to Nayeon, the paper had a simple direction on top and a huge white box to draw in at the bottom.

 'Draw your favourite hero and explain why'

In the box was a stick figure with long hair, and really it could be anybody but under it, it said mommy. She read his explanation and cried.

'Mommy takes care if me best, plays with me best and loves me the most when I'm sick she's there when I'm bored she's there and when I'm hungry she's There, when I want a hug she's there. She's the best superhero'

"I think you're doing amazing too"

Jeongyeon said softly, she watched as Nayeon clipped the drawing to the fridge and wiped her tears. She then walked towards Jeongyeon.

"I'm sorry"

"Huh? What for?"

"For kissing you" she grabbed the woman's face in her hands before she was to reply and pressed their lips together, as cliche as it sounds he felt sparks running through her body. Jeongyeon hooked her hands around Nayeon's neck and they both pulled away breathing heavy, faces beet red.

It was only supposed the one quick kiss, but they found themselves gravitating towards each other again, deepening the kiss. Nayeon ran her hands through Jeongyeon's hair as they fell in sync while kissing.

"I lied..."

"About what?" Jeongyeon looked at her with swollen lips and hooded eyelids, kissing her jaw almost making Nayeon moan out loud.

"I'm not sorry at all"

Pulling her back in once again as they got lost in each other.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Waaah!!! They kissed oh my! Told y'all last chapter this would be where things start to pick up. As always feedback is appreciated so lemme know what y'all thought. Hope y'all enjoyed