Home

Crayons


"Bye Ms. Yoo, see you Monday!" The kids said their goodbye as their parents came to pick them up. Sungjae skipped towards his mom and Jeongyeon picked him up and sat him on her desk.

"Mom, are we picking up mommy today?" He called her mom, and God Jeongyeon doesn't think she'll ever stop her heart from bursting when she heard those words. Ever since Christmas things had been great, Sungjae had become his grandparents spoiled baby boy, they wanted to see him all the time, and bought him whatever he wanted. There were more family outings bringing the Ims and the Yoos together and Jeongyeon knew that this was what she wanted for the rest of her life.

She looked down at her son, smiled fondly and ran a hand through his hair.

"Actually, mommy is picking us up today. I've planned a surprise for you guys!"

"A surprise!! What is It!?"

"I've been asking that this whole week"

Both Jeongyeon and Sungjae turned their head to where the voice was coming from, and there was Nayeon leaning against the classroom doorframe. Sungjae squealed in delight, getting down from the desk and running to his mom. Nayeon picked him and smothered him with kisses as the boy giggled.

"Hey handsome, how was school today, was mom nice?" She said as she threw a wink at her girlfriend, Jeongyeon approached them gave a kiss to Nayeon and proceeded to lead them put the school and into their car.

"Mom's always nice, and today she says she even has a surprised planned for us!"

They strapped Sungjae in, and got on the road. Nayeon held her hand as Jeongyeon drove the "surprise". As they drove they played would you rather with Sungjae included.

"Would you-would you rather get eaten by a slime monster or or eat  broccoli?" The boy barely got through his sentence from laughing, he was at the phase where he was sure vegetables were the biggest threat to him and his tiny existence. This was the worst he could come up with.

Nayeon and Jeongyeon played along mocking disgust at the thought of broccoli and a slime monster.

"Gosh both are so gross!" Jeongyeon said scruching up her nose and sticking out her toungue.

"I knoow! How ever could we choose!? I think I'd just eat my broccoli cuz if I get eaten by the slime monster then I'll probably be stuck in his tummy and that'll be even grosser" said Nayeon bringing hand to her chest, pretending to stop herself from throwing up.

Just as Nayeon was about to ask another question Jeongyeon pulled the car over to park. Nayeon looked around, they had driven for 30 minutes and were now in a neighborhood full of beautiful 2 story houses with green front lawns and backyards. She was confused as to why they were here.

" Did we come to visit someone is that the surprise?"

"No love, there's a beautiful park here with a lake to swim in, so I thought we'd have a picnic and then go for a swim. Couldn't just spend this amazing spring day at home."

"Wait, I didn't bring--"

"Moms look! Puppies" Sungjae had cut her off pointing to the direction of a woman sitting in her lawn a box of puppies at her side.

"Can we go look at them please? Pleeeasee?" The boy begged but he was already pulling their hands, and the two women simply melted at the boys request and followed along.

They reached the woman and said their hellos, Sungjae asking for permission to play with the pups which the lady happily granted.

"Can we please buy a puppy mommys? Look how cute it is!" The boy held up the pure black husky he was playing with and looked at them giving puppy dog eyes and pouting and Nayeon almost said yes.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, the puppy is indeed adorable, but we live in an apartment we don't have space" She looked to Jeongyeon for back up so the boy wouldn't question but Jeongyeon gave an unexpected reply.

"How much for the pup?"

"Jeong-"

"Oh that one, he's the runt of the litter, mom doesn't want him, siblings won't play with him. He needs a family so I'll just give him to ya." The woman smiled.

"We'll take him" beside her Nayeon was looking at her like she was crazy and calling her name and on the other side Sungjae was literally crying with excitement as the woman placed a collar around the pups neck. She then gave Jeongyeon a small bag of dog food which she put into the trunk, she said her thank yous and as they walked away she could feel Nayeon burning wholes into the side of her head.

They walked in silence Nayeon simply following along thinking if the different ways she's gonna kill her girlfriend. She didn't realize that they had stopped in front if house and that Jeongyeon was opening the door of said house.

"I think it's time I show you the real surprise" Jeongyeon said.

"Whose house is this? We can't just bring a puppy to someone's house jeong! Jeong we can't just bring a puppy to our apartment!" She watched as Sungjae ran around with the puppy and that's when she realized.

The house was empty. Like completly empty, no furniture, no people, just them. She quickly turned her head to her girlfriend who was simply smiling smugly. Jeongyeon took her hand and lead her to the kitchen.

"A kitchen with tons of space so we don't have to cook one at a time and enough space for impromptu baking sessions with our little prince" Jeongyeon then led her up the stairs and Sungjae followed behind them, exclaiming how's he's never seen such an empty house.

"And here are the bedrooms, the master bedroom has a bathroom of its own, with a huge bathtub. A room for Sungjae, a guest room and a room if we ever decide its time for a new addition to the family "

Nayeon was still speechless as Jeongyeon now led her to the backyard, where Sungjae was playing with the puppy. She let go of Jeongyeon's hand and finally spoke up.

"Jeong, what-what's going on?" She stumbled over her words, she watched Jeongyeon smile and then turn around. Jeongyeon looked around her son was playing under the tree in the backyard, a tree where they could build a tree house. A backyard where hold family parties, play movies outdoors, camping.Make snowmen and igloos when it snowed.

A family home.

Their home.

She took the tiny box out of her pocket then turned around, getting down on one knee. She heard Nayeon gasp, hands over looking from the rinfbox to Jeongyeon.

She couldn't believe what's happening right now.

Sungjae saw his mommys, saw that his mommy was crying, saw his mom on one knee. He's seen plenty of movies with his moms and aunts to know what's happening. He ran to them hugging his mommy's legs and she ran a shaky hand through his hair.

Jeongyeon took a deep breath and finally spoke.

"Nayeon, I-oh wow I had this all planned out in my head but God now I can't remember." They both let out teary laughs.

"When I met you I didn't think anything would happen between us. All I knew was that you were the most beautiful woman I had seen in my life. And you-you had all your walls up and your heart closed off, but thank god for that rainy day you were late, cuz that day was when you opened up to me, literally. Let me into your home and into your world. I know it's only been almost a year but I got to meet my soulmate. You and Sungjae. You're the ones I want to spend the rest of my life with. To build a home with you. This, this is a promise.That you’ll never live a day by yourselfs in your life, because I’ll always be next to you. You’ll never be lonely, because I’ll always be there. You’ll never be cold, because I’ll always keep you warm, and if you’re ever sad, I’ll do whatever it takes to make you two happy, because that’s all I want. So. Will you marry me?"

Nayeon swears everything is moving in slow motion. Her son is at her feet looking at them. Their son. She looks around to the place that will become their new home. The woman she loves looking at her expectantly. The woman who stayed by her side, and loved her no matter what. What more could she ask for.

"Yes! A holy yes!"

"Ooh mommy, you said a bad word!"

The women laughed as they wiped their tears, Jeongyeon put the ring on Nayeon's finger. She picked up Sungjae and brought Nayeon in for a hug, kissing them both.

This wasn't the start of anything special just a continuation of something beautiful.


The End.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
 Okaay. Wow. The story has finally come to an end, I know it was a short story but I hope that this story made your day just a bit brighter when you read it. Thanks for waiting patiently every chapter and for your support, your comments. I truly appreciated it. I'll be releasing a new fic in a couple days so I hope you all tune in for that too.

 

Thank you, much love.