Twelve

There Is Love For Everyone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

T W E L V E

 

“Because the man I liked is the same man who hurt you.” Chanyeol sobbed.

“What?” Irene asked, doubting the words she just heard.

“I know you know what I mean.” Chanyeol wiped the tears from his cheek.

“Baekhyun is gay?”

Chanyeol nodded.

For perhaps a split second her grief was suspended, the surprise protecting her until it shattered like glass.

I guess you could call it shock, but to me they're the same thing for the first fraction of a second -an inability to compute.

“Irene?” Chanyeol looked back at his sister who didn’t give the slightest reaction. “Are you, okay?”

Instead of words, Irene let out a disbelief laugh. She was still in awe with what just happened and the information she had to take in in such a short period of time. She was having trouble in computing all the shocking information she discover.

Chanyeol was extremely worried about his sister’s condition. He too, knew that it was too much for anyone who just got her heart broken to hear this fact.

“So after all this time..” Irene said, “He was just using me?”

“Irene—”

“To approach you?” Irene chuckled.

“I couldn’t tell you—”

“You knew it all along?” Irene raised her brow and voice.

Chanyeol cursed under his breath as he realized he said the wrong words in the wrong timing.

“I mean—”

“And you like him too? Right?” Irene cut Chanyeol’s sentences.

“STOP!” Chanyeol exclaimed, “Stop, Irene, let me finish my sentence.”

Chanyeol took a deep breath and let out a sigh.

“I got no courage to tell you about that. So I asked him to break up with you. It’s for you. I didn’t know that you would barge into my room like this and found out about everything.”

“I thought that it could be just like an ordinary split up.” Chanyeol sighed.

It was as if apocalypse had come sooner. Faster than Irene had expected, at least to her world. Irene thought that being compared to his brother and being ignored in school were the worst things that could happen to her. But she was wrong. Her life was even more complicated than ever.

Everything went down ever since she decided to say yes to Baekhyun’s proposal. Little did she know that Baekhyun’s intention was only to get closer to her twin, Chanyeol. She poured all the love she had left inside her for Baekhyun that she left none for herself as Baekhyun betrayed her feelings. Her heart was wounded, deeply. And as she knew the fact that her brother also likes Baekhyun, it was as if someone rubbed salt on her opened wounds.

Irene couldn’t help but to blame herself. She couldn’t blame Baekhyun since her twin was irresistible. She couldn’t blame Chanyeol since love is blind. Then whose blame was it?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter