Sixteen

There Is Love For Everyone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene’s POV

As I lay my body down on my bed, the only thing I could see was Sehun’s face. When he looked at me it was as if every ounce of breath was taken from my lungs floating into the air like midnight smoke. Every time he hugged me it felt like the world stopped, leaving just the two of us to wander the earth together. Every time he held my face between his hands it felt like he was untying all of my knots. Holding me for eternity in the arms I've grown so accustomed to. This is what falling in love was like, a story you never wanted to end. For so long I had longed for it, and now I can't bare to lose it - lose this thing that makes me feel so complete.

I guess, after all this time being together, we’re already in love with each other.

The request he asked to me kept on revolving inside my mind. I would love to be his partner for our last high school prom. I would love to see him up close, wearing that suit with his hair pulled backwards like a gentleman.

I couldn’t hide the smile on my face as I imagined myself dancing with him on the floor under the colorful lights. From the side, I could hear my phone vibrating against my table. I looked to the side and took my phone. A familiar name appeared on my screen and I jumped out of bed and answered the call.

“JOY!” I exclaimed with excitement.

“IRENE!” I could hear her voice calling my name.

“It’s been a long time!!! How are you!” I exclaimed, unable to contain my excitement.

“I’m doing great Irene!” She exclaimed back, “But, do you mind opening your door for me?”

“H-Huh?” I asked, “What door?”

Before I heard her reply, I heard a knock on my door. I slightly jolted out of surprise as I got what Joy meant. I hanged the call up and rushed my steps to my door, hurriedly opening the lock and as I opened my door, my childhood friend was standing right before my own eyes.

“JOY!!!” I cried out as I hugged her tightly.

“Irene!!!” She exclaimed and hugged me back.

 

“I-Irene,” She stammered, “Too tight! C-Can’t breath,”

My eyes widened up and voluntarily let her go from my arms. I let out a dumbfounded smile on my face as I was happy that my childhood friend finally got back home.

Joy lived right next to my house. We’re neighbor and we’re the same age. We grew up together, play, cry, fight over little things and then would make up in a split of seconds. We’re the definition of friends for life.

It breaks my heart when she had to leave me to United States. She got herself a scholarship to a high school in United States and all I ever did was to wish only the best for her life.

I like to think back when we wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter