Eight

There Is Love For Everyone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

E I G H T

 

Baekhyun’s POV

A new week has officially started as the hectic monday classes strikes again. Half of the class were sleeping or reading their own book that they brought from home, but still they would get an A. The teachers were explaining wholeheartedly even when she knew no one listened to her. It was the perks of being Class A, everyone loves you and you’re allowed to do anything.

“Please pick a partner for this group work—”

Even before the teacher could finished up her sentence, all of the students stood up and moved out from their seats; rushing to Chanyeol’s table.

“Chanyeol, please pick me as your partner?”

“No! Please pick me.”

“Pick me instead!”

“I’ll prepare amazing side dishes when we do our projects.”

Chanyeol calmly closed his textbook and looked around the people surrounding his table, trying to find a specific face but he couldn’t. He looked even further around the class and saw Baekhyun was sitting in his place, reading a classical book about love.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol called his name out. Baekhyun heard his name was being called and he looked up, trying to find who called him.

“Do you want to be my partner?”

Baekhyun’s body froze and he could move his limbs. No words were able to escape his lips. He was shocked, happy and anxious when Chanyeol asked him to be his partner. Baekhyun’s eyes were opened wide and his mouth was slightly opened, trying to say something but failed.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” Chanyeol smiled and looked back to the people surrounding his table.

Chanyeol shrugged his shoulder, “I’m sorry I already have a partner.”

The words ‘partner’ echoes all through Baekhyun’s head.

Did he just asked me to be his partner? Me? For real?

 

***

 

I was about to turn my phone off as it vibrated, showing a notification of a new text coming. I slid my screen opened and saw a text from an unknown number.

# Baekhyun? It’s Chanyeol. Are you free on Tuesday afterschool? – Unknown.”

            It was Chanyeol’s number. I had never expected him to text me first like this. I couldn’t hide my happiness as I jolted up from my bed and let out a scream filled with excitement.

            “Baekhyun, go to sleep!” I realized that my scream was too loud that my mom in the first floor could hear it. I covered my mouth with my palms with a smile hidden behind it.

            # Yeah I am. Why are you asking? – Baekhyun #

            While waiting for a reply from Chanyeol, I clicked his number to saved it in my contacts. What should I fill in the name section? My love? Channie? Chanyeol <3?

            # Lets do the project. Let’s get things done. You get to see Irene too right? – Unknown #

            His message popped up before I could type his name for his contact on my phone. As he mentioned Irene, I felt bad. I do feel bad about using Irene to get closer to Chanyeol, but what else can I do? Even when it was a love that I couldn’t have, I want to spend at least my last days in high school getting closer to him. Right at that moment, I just typed in his name for his contact.

            # Sure thing. See ya! – Baekhyun #

            I should have asked more. He wouldn’t reply again. Damn it.

            As I was cursing myself for being a dumb for ending the message so easily, my phone vibrated and his name popped up on the screen.

            # See ya.. – Chanyeol #

            I could feel my heart racing so fast that I thought I’m gonna die from a heart attack. I turned my phone off and jumped back to my bed, covering myself with my blanket and couldn’t wait for tomorrow to come.

End Of POV

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter