Ten

There Is Love For Everyone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

T E N

 

Irene’s POV

# Irene, can we talk? – Baekhyun #

# Sure thing, where do you want to meet up?” – Irene #

# The park near your house would be just fine. – Baekhyun #

# What are you planning to do, huh? ;) – Irene #

# You’ll see. – Baekhyun #

            His text excites me and yet, makes me anxious. These days I couldn’t seems to understand the thoughts which was inside his head. He was acting like someone I didn’t know. He was not being himself lately and that worries me.

            I was sitting on the edge of my bed, looking at my phone and waited for the screen to lit up with a notification from Baekhyun. A few moments after his last text, my phone vibrated on the wooden table beside my bed and his name appeared on my screen. I made a sliding motion on my phone screen to open it and checked his text.

            # I’m here. – Baekhyun #

            I locked my phone screen as I slid it to the back pocket of my jeans and walked out from my room going down. I opened the door in the living room and walked out from the house, taking a few excited yet anxious steps to the park near my house.

It was an autumn day. Far enough from summer to have lost the heat and not close enough to winter to have that bite of cold. The leaves had begun to fall and rain was in the forecast. On my way up the avenue I stepped on every crunchy brown leaf, savouring it, knowing after the rain they would be a soggy mess.

Right from a far I could already see Baekhyun was standing there, as he was the only one at the park. He was kicking the dried leaves, keeping him distracted as he waited for me.

“Babe.” I called him out and waved my hand. I smiled widely as he turned his head and our eyes met.

But something was off. His eyes were different. Not the happy and cheerful baekhyun, but something else. Something I’ve never seen in his eyes. My whole boy got the chills as I felt cold air brushes against my skin.

“Oh.” He reacted, “You’re here.” Like a robot.

“What’s wrong?” I asked without beating around the bush.

“I need to talk to you.” He said while looking to the ground.

“I’m listening?” I replied.

            “You know..” He was hesitating, “We’ve been together for a few months now.”

            “And?”

            “And..” He stopped, “I don’t think I can see you again.”

            My jaw dropped as I heard what he said, “You’re moving away?!” I exclaimed

            He raised his head up and his eyes met mine, “No..”

            “It’s..” He sighed, “I don’t think I can continue dating you.”

            I dropped my bag to the dried leaves that were covering the ground. It was as if the thunder strikes right through me. The sky was clear and the sun shine brihtly but it all went down to a gloomy mood.

            “What are you talking about?” I tried to smile despite the overwhelming pain.

            “I don’t have to say it for the third time.” He looked away.

            “Babe..” I tried to caress his cheek but his swift hand caught my hand and won’t let me touch him.

            “You’re too good for me. I’m not the best guy for you.” He said.

            I was speechless. Baekhyun was my first love, and I had never imagine that he would be the first person to give me such a deep and scarring break up.

            “I’m so sorry.” He apologizes.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter