Nineteen

There Is Love For Everyone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh Sehun’s POV

I lift my wrist up and saw the time. It was exactly a minute before 5 p.m. and I was already standing in front of Irene’s house. She said that I shouldn’t be late and I didn’t want to make her regretting of choosing to go to the prom with me. I was wearing my matching black suit with white shirt inside, completed with a dark blue tie around my neck.

I knocked on the door and in a few moments, the door was opened. Irene was standing in front of my eyes. She wore a greenish-blue gown made of soft, satiny fabric, long and loose. A semicircular, high collar made of silk-like materials headed the ankle-length robe. She walked as lightly as an acrobat. A puff of wind swept through her hair before it slipped into the house.

My eyes widened up and my jaw dropped, unable to believe what I see.

“Don’t look at me like that,” She said timidly, her cheeks growing warmer.

I chuckled, “You look beautiful,” I stopped for a while, “As you always do.”

 

“Okay enough with the cringy comments, let’s go.” Chanyeol interrupted our sweet moments as he walked out from the house with the car key on his right hand.

 

“I mean it,” I smiled as I reached my hand out to Irene, helping her to walk with her dress.

She gave me a subtle smile and took my hand as she walked down the stairs of her porch. Her hands were soft, warm and it fits my hand perfectly. We walked our way to the car and I opened the car’s door for Irene. Chanyeol and I sat down on the front seat and Irene sat on the backseat as she took a lot of space with her dress.

 

“Looking good,” I said, teasing Chanyeol.

“As I always do,” Chanyeol smirked as he started the car’s engine.

Chanyeol carefully drive his way to the school and as we reached the parking lot, there were more cars than usual. Girls were wearing their dresses and the boys are wearing their suits. Some of them are already holding hands and some of them are walking in alone.

“Where’s your date?” I asked Chanyeol as he parked the car.

“Nah,” He laughed, “I’m good.”

“Irene are you ready—” As I looked backwards, I could see the uneasiness in Irene’s eyes. “You okay?”

“H-huh?” She shuttered, “I’m okay.” She said as she rushed to get out from the car.

I had no idea about what she was thinking and I knew I couldn’t ask her about it. I continued to act as if everything was fine so that I would not ruin her mood. Because that would be the least thing I want to do tonight. Tonight, I want to be the perfect man she had always dreamt of.

The three of us walked into the school hall. The music was so loud that it made my skin tingle and my lungs feel like mush. The bass thumped in time with my heart beat as though they were one, filling me from head to toe with music. I liked this song.
Over the roar of music, a distant, hazy chatter could be heard. I couldn’t make out any words, but laughter rang in my ears and wouldn’t seem to stop. The song that was playing got louder, pulling me in and wouldn’t let go. I had no choice but to join the crowd, jumping in a huddled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter