Eighteen

There Is Love For Everyone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun’s POV

As soon as we reached Irene’s house, I carried her all the way to her room and lay her on her bed. Her heart thumped in accordance with slow, shallow breaths. Serenity was plastered across her face as she slept. At peace, her consciousness swirled in the land of dreams, oblivious to the physical world. She must have been terrified with what she sees and experience in the haunted house.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Joy was peeking over from the door. I turned my head and locked my gaze with hers. I could see her eyes trembled. I stood up from the edge of Irene’s bed and walked towards her direction, “We need to talk,” I said as I walked out from Irene’s room.

Joy followed my step timidly down the stairs to the living room. Chanyeol was inside his room, doing I don’t know what. There were only us in the living room.

“Are you responsible with what happened today?” I asked.

“What do you mean?”

“Irene would never to this kind of thing unless,”

“Unless?”

“Unless, she cared about you.” I said.

Joy was silent, unable to speak out as she knew exactly what I meant. She knew that her feelings for me were obviously plastered all over her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

“I like you.” She confessed her feelings.

“I appreciate your feelings but, I have someone else in mind.” I apologize.

“I know.” She nodded.

“She had never left any empty space in my heart.”

“I can see that.” She stammered, her voice slowly drowning in her breaths. “Irene is a very lucky girl.”

“Maybe,” I answered, “But I’m the luckiest man if I get to be with her.”

Even from the beginning, everyone knew about my feelings towards Irene, except for her. Chanyeol obviously knew it since the day he stopped me from kissing her. Joy knew about it from the way I care and chase her back in to the spooky house. But why is Irene still, denying the fact..

Joy walked out from the Park’s house with a heavy heart and went back to her house. I then climbed up the stairs back to Irene’s bedroom. I carefully opened the door and saw Irene was sleeping soundly. I carefully rolled onto her side and looked at her. Her features were much softer in sleep, the lines that usually creased her brow replaced by the youthful appearance that matched those of others their age. She looked peaceful. Wanting nothing more than to curl up into the curve of her body, I turned around and pulled the blanket up over her shoulder.

In the darkness our cuddles felt like a little touch of heaven, warm, together, cozy. I wish I could extend the night just so I could stay close to her for longer, safe in her embrace. Her arms which was wrapped right around me bring a peace I've never known before, a calming of the storms in my heart. I think it's her that gives me hope for the future. In her embrace I started to believe that there is nothing out there to fear, that all there is sunshine, beautiful trees and kind people - friends to be. Her cuddles are the only medicine I needed, they are the light in the darkness, a lone star in an otherwise empty sky.

 

.

.

 

The night has ended and the sun had risen. I slowly opened my eyes adjusting it to the amount of lights which is about to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter