Best Friend

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung murmured to himself while looking through his locker, stuffing his books and his belongings into his bag.

Just then, Seonwoo walked up to him, "Hi, Taehyung-oppa!" She gasped as she noticed the change of expression on Taehyung's face. "Oppa... W-What's wrong? You look upset and... I-Is everything alright?"

Taehyung let out a heavy sigh, "Not really... Y-You were right about the relationship between me and Kookie... I-I don't deserve him, I did nothing to make him pleased and happy... T-Thank you, actually... If you didn't help me out, I don't think I would've ever thought about our relationship... Things would have gone the wrong way at the end... S-So, thank you... I-I'm just... I just need some more time to get over it... It hurts, really... It's the first time I've fallen in love... A-And I feel awful knowing that I didn't treat my lover the way he treated me... I was hoping for the last day of the semester to be very lively and fun, but... Oh, I'm sorry I'm ranting about this to you... Umm, is there something you wanted to say?"

"Oh, not really... I-I just wanted to talk, you know? Because, my friends are kind of busy with their lovers, so I thought I might go look for you. Are we- Are we friends? W-What do you think?", she asked, trying to be a little hopeful about this.

Taehyung smiled a little, "Sure, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't be friends..."

"Oppa... I-I'm sorry about you and Jungkook-oppa... You sure you okay?", she wanted to make sure her new friend was actually alright.

Taehyung closed his locker and leaned against it, "Yeah, I'm fine..." He sighed again and tried to smile.

Seonwoo looked at Taehyung for a second, before shaking her head. She cleared , "What are you doing now? Clearing stuff out, it seems? Don't you think this semester passed by in a flash? I can't believe the semester’s over! It doesn't feel like it!"

Taehyung chuckled, "Yup, just getting some of my items from my locker... Well, for me, the semester felt a bit too long as soon as the exams began... But everyone's got their own opinions, so I can't argue with that!"

Seonwoo smiled and quickly cut him off as he was about to say something, "Umm, I gotta get going. See you next semester! Take care!" She turned around and took a few steps, only to stop in her tracks as soon as she heard Taehyung's voice.

"Seonwoo-ssi! You dropped something!"

She turned around to see what she dropped, and gasped immediately, covering .

Taehyung's eyes widened as he continued reading what was written on the folded piece of paper:

 

‘Dear Jungkook-oppa, it's me! Gyo Seonwoo! I'm not quite sure if you still remember me, but I hope you do! We had this little thing going on during our childhood, huh? You used to help me out with academics, and we were just perfect for each other! But you thought I was pressuring you... So, you apologised and left me... Many years passed, and even though I need your help with my studies, I also happen to have feelings for you, oppa... I want to spend more time with you... I want to bring back our childhood moments together, don't you? Let's meet up tomorrow at the cafe by the campus at eight, sounds good to you? Let me know through my number, please! In case you don't have my number, here you go! +82 XX XXXX YYYY Love you so much, bye!'

 

Taehyung furrowed his brows and sighed, slowly looking up to face Seonwoo, who happened to be shocked and scared.

"Wait! I-I can explain! Look! I-I need someone to help me with my studies, so... I-I... Uh... I'm just asking for Jungkook-oppa's help! T-That's all!", she stuttered and showed many signs of lying and blurting out false statements.

Taehyung closed his eyes for a moment, before glaring at Seonwoo, "First of all, if you need to improve your academics, just attend the after-semester classes! And secondly, I know you're lying because here in this note, it says that you have feelings for him! Thirdly, you're just an insolent troublemaker! You wanted to interfere with my relationship with Kookie, just because you want to spend more time with him! And if it's really just about your academics, that means you're only using him for his intelligence! That is so damn wrong! I hate people like you! I regret ever talking to you!"

Taehyung almost had tears in his eyes, and he was yelling at her, not caring about the awkward stares and looks from the other students. There were moments of silence, and most of the hallway was now empty as the students began to leave. "This was totally wrong and ill-mannered! I can't believe you would do such a thing! You tricked me, Seonwoo! You're awfully immature!" He ripped the note into shreds right in front of her, his blood boiling every passing second.

Seonwoo was in tears now – the humiliation was unbearable. She wiped them off with the back of her hand, she felt the need of saying something or apologising but she couldn't get them out. Suddenly, the bell rang and Taehyung threw the fragmented pieces of paper into the trashcan before hurrying out of the campus.

He looked for his friends, eventually finding them near the library where Namjoon was returning a few books he borrowed last week. He was a tad bit upset as he didn't see Jungkook with them. "Guys, where's Kookie?", he asked as he approached them.

Jimin turned around and smiled, "Oh my God, what took you so long? Even yesterday we had to keep waiting for you!"

Taehyung ignored him and asked again, "Please tell me where the is Jungkook!"

Hoseok was slightly offended as Taehyung raised his voice unnecessarily. He coughed purposely, "Well, you have a loud voice... Anyways, Jungkook went home already because he has to go to Busan, remember?"

"W-What?!?", Taehyung gasped and began to pant out of confusion.

Yoongi glared, "Why're you so surprised? Don't you remember last week's conversation in the group chat? Joon and Jin-hyung are going to Italy with Joon's family and Jin-hyung's cousin, while Jungkook's going to Busan to meet his family. Did you forget already?"

Taehyung bit his lower lip with regret, 'What have I done.? If Kookie goes to Busan with the thought in his head that we broke up, he's going to be upset throughout the entire vacation with his family! A-And then his family will find out, and Mama might find out too! I-If Mama finds out, she's going to kill me! Oh my God, I messed up bad! Ah! I don't want Jungkookie to go to Busan with a sad face! ing hell, man?!?' He looked down bitterly and then looked back up, "S-Sorry, I forgot about that..." He cleared his throat, "I gotta go home now! I-I'll see you guys later! Bye!"

"Wait." Jimin stopped Taehyung as he grabbed his arm. "Something's off, something's really, really off... In fact, Jungkook looked a bit upset yesterday, and today too... You also seemed very worried and confused yesterday, and today as well... W-What happened between you both?"

Taehyung escaped from Jimin's grip, "I'll tell you guys soon, okay? I really have to go now, please! I promise I'll tell you everything later! Please, let me go..."

Jimin sighed and finally let go, smiling at him to let him know that he was not mad at Taehyung – he never would be.

The other took that as a signal to leave, and so he ran back home, unaware of how tired and exhausted he was; all he cared for at the moment was Jungkook. He was sprinting back home while sending calls to Jungkook, but got no response. As he reached the building, he waited for the elevator to drop by at the lobby, but since it was taking too long, he rushed up the staircase instead. He really didn't care about his legs that almost gave up, he was running at full speed, even though he had this feeling that one more step would lead to unconsciousness. Yes, he was that exhausted. But he didn't give up, not yet. He kept on ringing the doorbell but he heard no answer.

"Jungkook-ah! Jungkook-ah, please! It's me Taehyung! Open up! Quick! Please, there's something I have to tell you! Jungkook-ah!", he repeated again and again.

"Dear boy, I don't think he's inside. I just saw him ten minutes ago, leaving his flat with a small luggage. What's wrong? You look tired, is it something serious?", a woman asked as she was about to enter the next flat.

Taehyung turned to look at her, "H-He left already?!?" He in a deep breath, realising what must've happened. "T-Thank you!" Without a second to spare, he ran off again, hurrying down the stairs and exiting the building. "Damn it! Receive the ing phone, Jungkook!", he cursed under his breath as he tried again. But it was of no use.

Suddenly, Taehyung was feeling a bit dizzy, a bit light-headed and unsteady. He held on tight to a street lamp just outside the building, and stumbled forward to sit on the bench. He looked up at the blue sky, before closing his eyes and taking in deep breaths. 'What is wrong with me?!? I messed up so bad, ! I wanna go back in time! Kookie... I'm so sorry... I-I'm coming, j-just give me a minute... S-Something's bothering my head, I-I'm just a little tired... I'll be there Jungkookie... I'll be there with you at the airport in a while... Don't go, not yet... Ah, my head hurts so ing bad... Damn it, at least answer my calls, Kookie...'

Taehyung fluttered his eyes open and slowly stood up, calling one of the taxi drivers on the street. He got in and said, "Incheon International Airport, please!"

After a short drive, Taehyung got out of the taxi and paid the driver. He rushed into the airport and while entering, he tried calling Jungkook again. This time, his call wasn't even sent as Jungkook's phone happened to be switched off. So, he stuffed his phone back into his pocket and adjusted his backpack. "Damn it, I didn't even keep my bag at home! Ugh... A-Anyways, w-where's the ing board?!?", he yelled to himself and balled his fist with tension. His eyes finally spot the display board and he kept on reading the flights and the gate numbers, hoping that he would see Jungkook and make everything up to him.

"There! Seoul to Busan! What? T-The gate is closed already- No!", his body was trembling with sadness, he couldn't believe what he saw. "Departed.", he whispered. He couldn't make it in time, the plane had already left the runway.

Taehyung slowly moved over to the side to sit on a chair, taking out his phone and calling his best friend. "Jiminie..."

"Hey, Tae! W-What's wrong? You sound upset... And where are you? Why do I hear announcements? Wait a second... Are you at the airport? You're not at home, are you?" Jimin was quick at making guesses and surprisingly, he was right.

Taehyung took a deep breath, "Jiminie, please pick me up from the airport... I-I'm too tired, I can hardly move... Please come and get me, I'll tell you everything that h-happened..."

And so, a while later, Jimin came to get Taehyung. "Remove your bag, Tae." He helped Taehyung as they sat in the backseat.

The driver looked at the rear-view mirror and understood the situation. He kindly handed Taehyung a water bottle, to which Taehyung and Jimin thanked him.

Jimin finally spoke as Taehyung stopped drinking water, "Now, tell me what happened..."

Taehyung told Jimin all about how Seonwoo was tricking him, he told Jimin about the texting conversation yesterday between him and Jungkook about keeping this matter a secret, he told Jimin about finding out the truth behind Seonwoo's absurd actions, he told Jimin about the note that Seonwoo was going to send Jungkook, he also told Jimin about how he ran home but couldn't find Jungkook, and then how he hurried to the airport but didn't make it in time as the plane already left Seoul by the time he reached.

Jimin just quietly paid attention to each and every word, and gave the younger a hug when he saw tears around Taehyung's eyes. "Tae... D-Don't cry... You can call him and let him know, right?”

"No, Chim! No, I can't call him and let him know! His phone is switched off or in airplane mode since he's in the plane. But even so, I called him before his flight, and he didn't answer my calls! H-He doesn't want to talk to me now... Of course, he wouldn't want to talk to me... How could he, after I stupidly tore down our relationship? Damn it, I bet he doesn't want to talk to me at all..."

Jimin sighed, "Then wait for him to come back, then you can explain everything to-"

"Chim, you don't understand! I-I can't spend the holidays without telling Jungkook any of this! A-And I don't want Kookie to spend his time with his family with a sad mood! It's eating me alive, I can't just wait for Kookie to come back! It hurts, it hurts my head because I know this is all my ing fault! That stupid Seonwoo! I-I was easily deceived by her, I was being too gullible... ChimChim, what am I going to do now? I'm so lost and confused within myself...", Taehyung closed his eyes and rested his head on Jimin's shoulder.

Out of the blue, the driver spoke up, "You can go and meet him in Busan, right?"

Taehyung was slightly shocked, "I-I don't know where in Busan..." He whimpered and continued, "Chim, now this reminds me of how Kookie searched for my location and here I am, not able to do anything..."

The driver then said, "Maybe you should wait for him to come back. If he really cares about you, then everything should be fine once you explain it to him. Just keep hoping for the best, and don't let negative thoughts invade your mind. You should keep moving on, and just hope tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter