Yugyeom's Grandfather

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook glanced at the clock on the wall, "ing hell? It's been an hour already... How long do I have to wait?" He was getting tired already, not wanting to wait a second longer to see Taehyung.

Suddenly, his phone rang. Jungkook quickly received the call, not even taking the chance to see the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Jungkook-ah..." The voice said, which Jungkook recognised as Yugyeom's.

"Yugyeom, what's wrong? H-How's your grandmother?" Jungkook asked with worry.

"Jungkook, she's fine. She woke up after getting some sleep, and she's asleep now too." Yugyeom answered, still sounding upset.

"Well, that's good news... Thank goodness..."

"Yeah, but-" Yugyeom sighed heavily.

"But what?"

"S-Something even worse had happened and..." Yugyeom suppressed a cry.

"W-What happened? Just say it, you're making me panic!"

"W-When grandpa heard about grandma fainting on the phone... H-He had a h-heart-" Yugyeom couldn't speak any further as he cried.

"Yugyeom?!?" Jungkook figured what happened to his friend's grandfather. 'Heart attack... Oh, God, why are you dropping bad news?' He gulped before letting out a heavy sigh. "Yugyeom, where are you?"

Jungkook heard no reply, and only soft sobs from the other.

"Jungkook-ah, I'm in my home. In Busan. And I don't know if I'm coming back. A-At least not until I attend grandpa's funeral in Japan... I-I have to sleep now. I'm going to go to Osaka tomorrow morning."

"O-Oh... O-Okay... S-Stay safe, stay strong..." Jungkook replied back.

"Yeah, I'll try. Oh, good luck with Taehyung. See you later, Kook." Yugyeom ended the call before Jungkook could tell him about Taehyung's current state.

Jungkook sighed, keeping his phone back in his pocket. He was feeling terrible. Firstly, Yugyeom's grandmother fainted, but she was alright, yet his grandfather suffered severely from a heart attack. He really wished none of this had happened.

Yugyeom was his best friend, his buddy, someone Jungkook can talk to openly, ever since he went to Busan. Finding out about his best friend's family member leaving earth and going to heaven to take rest, it just hurt Jungkook a lot. "Life is tough... Things happen in the blink of an eye, and it's just ing frustrating..." He softly said to himself, his fists clenched with anger.

It was currently 10:37 p.m., and Jungkook really just wanted to bust through the doors and see Taehyung. But he was well-aware of his surroundings. He was in a hospital; he can't do what he wanted to. His eyelids closed and open, again and again. His eyes felt heavy, his body felt tired, he wanted to sleep. And he did fall asleep in a few minutes.

Later, a nurse came out of Taehyung's room. "Oh." She said, as she spotted Jungkook asleep. She was about to allow Jungkook to visit the patient, but she decided not to, seeing the boy asleep. She walked away with her reports and files.

Jungkook woke up to the sound of trolleys being dragged across the hallways, footsteps of people, the creaking of doors and the distant murmurs. He knew it was morning by now, and he was right when he opened his eyes and looked at the clock, 8:11 a.m.

Jungkook sighed, realising that he has slept for almost ten hours. He also realised that he skipped dinner last night, and the reason why he slept for so long was probably because he had no energy left in him. He stared at the floor, trying to recollect whatever happened last night.

'Yugyeomie's grandmother is fine, oh, thank God! B-But... His grandfather... It's hard to believe it... Yugyeom, you always used to talk about your grandfather's stories and experiences... I can just predict that he was a good and generous person... May he rest in peace and watch us from above... And, Tae-hyung...' He gasped as he realised that he still didn't get the chance to meet him.

He got off the seat and looked around for the nurse from last night. He kept walking back and forth, his arms folded, and his thumb held in between his teeth. He stopped, as he saw the doctor walk out of Taehyung's room. "Doctor!" Jungkook called him, causing the man in the uniform to turn around.

"Are you the doctor for Kim Taehyung? The boy in room forty-three? Uh, I came here last night, but I fell asleep. I really want to meet him, is everything okay?" Jungkook asked.

"Well, yes. He's doing good now. He's just in the somnolence state, and seems to be facing RLS. We'll release him today though. So, before we allow him to leave, you can meet him. As for now, let him rest." The doctor said.

"Wait, what's somnolence? A-And what is RLS?" Jungkook was confused. He didn't have a lot of knowledge on medical works.

"A somnolent person shows excessive drowsiness, and responds to reactions or stimuli only with incoherent mumbles or disorganised movements. And 'RLS' or 'Restless Legs Syndrome' is a condition in which the patient wants to move their legs due to discomfort or sometimes even confusion and worry." The doctor explained, and Jungkook nodded.

'He's feeling uncomfortable? He's confused and worried about something? W-Wait, can he be treated?!?'

"Uh, s-so how are you going to treat him? Is he going to be okay?" Jungkook asked immediately, surely worried and afraid of what the doctor would say.

"He's taking iron supplements, and he's getting enough rest. So, it'll all work out fine. Wait, why are you asking me all of this again? Weren't you here with your friends? I think there were about four or five of them..." The doctor hummed, trying to remember what happened yesterday.

Jungkook looked down, slightly upset. He figured the doctor was talking about Jimin, Hoseok, Yoongi, Namjoon and Seokjin. "I was informed a bit late, and I also got stuck in traffic. So, yeah...", Jungkook answered.

The doctor nodded, "Well, why don't you tell them you're here? Oh, and also let them know that the patient will be able to go home soon. It would be best if the patient's friends come over, since his parents are not here either. Although the payment was completed... Anyways, I'll be near the reception." The doctor trailed off, and walked away.

Jungkook sighed. He stepped back, taking a seat again, opposite to Taehyung's room. Oh, how he just wanted to rush into the room and look at Taehyung for hours and hours. But he couldn't. One, it would be very disturbing for the others, creating a commotion and all, and two, Jungkook wasn't so sure of how to approach him.

Jungkook wanted to talk to Taehyung, he wanted to ask Taehyung what the older wanted to say that day. He wasn't even so sure if Taehyung cared about him anymore, as the younger believed that Taehyung's current state was because of Jungkook's arrival to Seoul.

'It's all my fault... If I didn't come here to Seoul, you wouldn't have had to think about reconciling with me... I wonder what even gave you the thought of trying to work things out with me. Why did you even have to remember me? If you could've somehow totally forgotten who I am, then you wouldn't have had to worry, you wouldn't be here in the hospital today. I don't know if I am the reason for all of this, but if it is... I-I'm sorry, hyung. I love you, but if you feel like you don't love me, then you don't have to. All I want right now, is your safety, your smile, and what you wanted to tell me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter