Taking A Break

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Alright, we can finally discharge him. His blood pressure levels are stable now, and he's out of the somnolent state. But I recommend taking the iron supplements for at least two or three more days. Also-" The doctor took a deep breath, and continued, "Also, please do not overwork yourself. Stay out of stress and anxiety, take a walk outside and breathe in some fresh air. And do get enough rest, Mr. Kim Taehyung."

Taehyung nodded, while the others looked at him with concern. "What?", Taehyung asked, glaring back at the others.

Jimin looked away first, and the others did the same.

"Well, stay healthy, boys. Take care.", the doctor said before walking away.

The nurse was walking with them towards the exit.

Yoongi didn't like the silence, so he spoke up. "Thank you, but we can go on our own." He said, as he slowed down.

"Oh, okay. Well, then. Stay safe, bye.", the nurse said before turning around and walking back to where she came from.

Yoongi sighed, "Okay, let's go." Even though the nurse left, there was still silence among the members. The only ones talking were Namjoon and Seokjin – rather they were whispering about a project in their cognitive psychology class.

But Jungkook really had to ask Taehyung something. Firstly, Jungkook had to get closer to Taehyung. "Jimin-hyung, swap places?", he whispered and slightly smiled as Jimin nodded.

"H-Hyung? Umm… C-Can I ask you something? Uh- Y-You don't really have to answer me if you don't w-want to but-"

"Just go ahead, Kook. Questions are meant to be answered, eh?", Taehyung slightly chuckled, still absorbed into his surroundings. Being able to walk and move after more than half a day really made Taehyung feel better.

Jungkook, on the other hand, was afraid that Taehyung would faint again. He wanted to hug Taehyung tightly, not letting go, but Jungkook also wanted to protect Taehyung by staying away.

"Umm, r-remember you were texting me yesterday? Uh, I'm sorry I lied about being busy... I just- I don't know why I-I said that…" Jungkook looked down with disappointment.

"Aww, it's alright. Sometimes, there are things which someone doesn't want to listen or talk about, right?" Taehyung didn't look at Jungkook as he spoke, but his words were directed at the younger, of course.

'Yeah, hyung... I know... There are things that I want to talk about, but you don't... There are so many possibilities in life...' Jungkook gulped at the thought. "Umm, w-what did you want to tell me? Like, umm... You didn't get the chance t-to tell me then, so maybe now?" Jungkook asked, his voice sounded broken and hurt.

"Oh, yes. I couldn't tell you, could I? I ended up in the hospital, right?", Taehyung pouted.

Jungkook flinched, "H-Hyung, I-I'm sorry... Is this my fault? If yes, then I'm truly very sorry. I-I never wanted to hurt you, hyu-"

"Yah! Calm down! I'm not blaming anyone, jeez." Taehyung put an arm around Jungkook’s shoulders.

Oh boy, Jungkook gasped.

"Man up, will you? You need to face life, there's no time to apologise!" Taehyung added, and Jungkook nodded. After a few moments of silence, and possibly glances from the others, Taehyung asked, "What? Did I commit a crime?"

Jungkook shook his head, "N-No... I-I just want to... I want to t-thank you..."

The younger was actually a little upset, 'You still didn't tell me what you wanted to text me yesterday... Should I a-ask him again? Should I- No! No, I can't. I can't ask him again. He probably ignored the question because he doesn't want to talk about it... O-Or maybe he didn't want to tell me anything? What if he forgot? Ah, I can't do this. I can't ask him, not now. He just got discharged from the hospital, he needs space...'

Taehyung smiled, removing his arm from Jungkook's shoulders. "Guys? Let's have lunch outside, please!", he pouted and whined.

Jimin laughed at that, "Alright, let's go."

The boys exited the hospital and walked to a nearby restaurant, where they would have lunch together. The restaurant was quite big, fancy and spacious. Among the boys, Seokjin looked the happiest.

"Welcome to the restaurant I work in! Ha!", he began to laugh.

"Yah, stop! I'm starting to regret that I'm in a relationship with a person who laughs like that!", Namjoon complained as he took a seat with the others.

Suddenly, the other stopped, his face turning slightly red with anger. "Excuse me?!? Be grateful that you have such a good partner!”, Seokjin yelled back, before selecting what to order from the menu.

"I'm surprised that you have to look at the menu to order. Don't you know the meals available already? I mean, you work here!", Hoseok commented with a round of giggles.

Soon, they finished eating lunch at the fancy restaurant. They exited the restaurant, and just as they were about to cross the road, Seokjin stopped them.

"Wait! Stay here, I'll be right back!", he requested and rushed back into the restaurant.

"Mr. Chae! Mr. Chae! W-Wait!", he ran after the man who was about to go into the kitchen.

Mr. Chae turned around and smiled, "Ah! It's our Kim Seokjin! What brings you here at this time of the day? I thought I told you that your shift doesn't start until later? Your working hours are from four to nine, remember?”

The other nodded before replying, "Well, yes. I know that. Umm, I-I was just wondering if... I could take a break from work for this week? I mean- Can I take a break this weekend? I'll resume working next week, I promise."

Mr. Chae chuckled, "Am I hearing a foodie asking for a break? Wow! You've changed a lot, Jin!"

"My friend just got discharged from the hospital, and he's just a little bummed out. So, I want to spend some time with him, and cheer him up and all. Once the weekend is over, we'll be busy with university. So, this weekend is our only chance. I p-promise I'll work extra hours next week if you want me to. Please, let me take this break." Seokjin pleaded, while the man just kept laughing.

"Come on, please!" He tried again.

"Alright, alright. Calm down, I was only having fun. Okay, then. Take a break, and have fun with your friend. Anything else?" Mr. Chae gave up teasing the younger.

"Oh, yes! Thank you so much! Thank you! I'll be going now, bye!", the other waved and quickly joined the others outside. "Guys, good news! Just took a break from work this week! We can spend more time together! Woohoo!", he exclaimed.

He was expecting cheers and claps from the others, and he definitely wasn't expecting pouts and whines from them. "What? Shouldn't you guys be happy?", he raised an eyebrow.

"Well, it's good that you can take a break... But... What about us?!?", Jimin whined and jumped, showing sadness.

"Yeah, exactly! Mr. Chae is a really kind man, of course, he'll give you a break! But I don't think we can take a break, you know?!?" Hoseok sighed heavily.

"Mr. Woo is a real , okay? That ain't giving me a break, for sure! Ugh!", Taehyung continued to curse softly.

Jungkook flinched at that.

On the other hand, Jimin looked worried. He asked, "Hobi-hyung, do you think-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter