Silk Pyjamas

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come on, let's go." Taehyung said as he walked towards the dining table while holding Jungkook's hand. They took their seats and watched Mrs. Kim place all the dishes on the table.

Jungkook's eyes lit up at the sight, "Umm, i-isn't this a b-bit too much? There are..." He scanned around and counted the number of dishes served, and continued with his words, "There are six dishes?!? Mrs. Kim, h-how long did this even take? W-Why am I even invited?" He was utterly confused and shocked, but he was hungry too.

There were a variety of dishes; spicy kimchi, tofu stew, stir-fried noodles, steak, and for dessert, there were traditional pancakes and sticky sweets.

"Oh, it was nothing. I also really wanted Taehyung to try these out one last time since I won't be here for long...", Mrs. Kim said as she sat down opposite to Taehyung.

"I see... T-Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Kim." Jungkook tried to converse with Taehyung's mother as it was just ignorance the last time – just plain ignorance.

"No problem. I-I also want to really apologise for how I acted last time... It was really wrong of me. I wasn't angry at you, dear! I was just... I just felt really sick recalling the times when I wouldn't respond nicely to your family... Sorry, our families didn't have a proper connection... I messed up long back, and inviting you for dinner was the least I could do...", she tried to explain.

Jungkook looked down, he wasn't used to hearing apologies from his elders. He gulped and replied, "Y-You don't have to apologise... My family never had decent conversations and responses either... S-Sorry..."

Taehyung sighed, "Okay, I'm really feeling left out and all... So, can we all just forget about it and just enjoy dinner? My noodles are gonna get cold!" He really didn't want to sit silently while his mother and his boyfriend had a deep and serious conversation.

Mrs. Kim laughed, "Well, then, no japchae for you. Hmm, how's that?"

Taehyung's jaws dropped and his eyes widened with shock, along with a pout on his lips. "I need my japchae more than anything in the world!" He closed his eyes and yelled out, causing Jungkook to raise his eyebrows and Mrs. Kim to roll her eyes.

"Is that so?" Jungkook popped out a question, slightly turning to his side to face Taehyung.

Mrs. Kim joined in, "Taehyung-ssi, why don't you get your buttocks off the seat and walk out of this flat and fly out of this world with only a bowl of japchae in your hands? Hmm?"

"You can leave your phone here, your accessories, your clothes, your books, your laptop, and me! Instead, you can just take yourself and your little lonely bowl of japchae. How about that?", Jungkook's voice seemed serious.

Taehyung mentally slapped himself, knowing where this was going. He inhaled heavily and scratched the back of his neck. "First of all, I was joking! And secondly, Jungkookie! How dare you talk to me that way?!? And lastly, Mama! W-Why are you always siding up with my friends and not me?!? First, you take Jiminie and now, Jungkookie too?!?"

Mrs. Kim bit her lower lip and glanced at Jungkook, who in return held in his laughter. Within a flash, they both started to burst out with laughter, hitting their hands on the table, almost out of breath.

"What's so funny?!? You both really enjoy teasing me, don’t you?!?” Taehyung folded his arms and huffed.

Taehyung's mother slowly reduced the pace of her laughing, "It's not my fault Jimin is extremely sweet and kind! And Jungkook here, seems to be a nice boy too!"

Jungkook smiled and looked away, "Am I, really?"

Mrs. Kim nodded and announced, "Alright, enough talking! Let's eat now! Take what you need and enjoy the meal!" She waited for the boys to take the food first. She smiled as she saw Taehyung helping Jungkook. Soon enough, they were eating dinner and having a discussion about their daily lives, about university and also about clothing brands – they all seemed to have a common interest in that.

"Mama, I really need the recipe for the hotteok! It's so good! Every time I try to make them, it turns out to be a mess! The batter will be all over the place, and I just want to leave the world at that moment!", Taehyung whined.

"You mean, you want to leave the world with your bowl of japchae?", Jungkook added, earning a glare from Taehyung but a laugh from Mrs. Kim.

"Aish... That's a good one! And Taehyung-ah, I already told you the recipe! I can't help it if you can't follow the instructions properly!", she explained while washing the dishes.

Jungkook finally finished eating and chuckled at the sight of his lovely boyfriend still nibbling on the sweet pancakes. He stood up and walked over to the kitchen, "Can I help?" He picked up one of the cleaned plates to keep it in the cabinet.

Mrs. Kim glanced to her side and gasped, "Jungkook-ah! Keep that down! You're the guest here, you shall not try to do any work here!"

Jungkook gripped the plate tighter, fearing that he might drop it. He gulped and replied, "O-Oh, okay... Umm, just one plate? I'm not going to break any-"

"Well, you're not Namjoon-ssi! That clumsy, silly boy!" Mrs. Kim laughed at the thought.

At last, Taehyung was done eating. Unlike Jungkook, Taehyung didn't even ask his mother if she needed help – talk about manners. He was about to head towards his bedroom, but Jungkook stopped him midway.

"Hyung, where are you going?” Jungkook asked as he pulled Taehyung's arm.

The older turned around to face him, "To my room, why?"

"Umm, d-don't you wanna help?" Jungkook didn't really know how to say it, since he was expecting Taehyung to help without even being called out. They were family after all.

"Well, what do you need help with?" Taehyung was totally oblivious and unaware of Jungkook's point.

"I'm asking you to help your mother along with me, you idiot!" He immediately covered his mouth, realising that he raised his voice at someone he truly loved.

"Oh! You're right, b-but... You shouldn't have hit me! My chest?!? Why my chest?!?"

Jungkook simply apologised and pulled Taehyung to the kitchen.

"Mama, let me help you-"

"Thank you, Jungkook-ssi, for trying to persuade my son to help me out. But it's really fine. I think this is good workout for my hands, since I don't really work too much back in America. Why don't you two go and hangout, hmm? And thanks anyways." She cleared and then fixed her gaze on Taehyung. "And you, Mr. Kim Taehyung! Be thankful you have a nice boyfriend! He has more manners than you! Alright, enough of this. Go on, enjoy yourselves! And umm..." She paused, while gesturing her son to come closer.

As Taehyung changed his expressions to a curious one, and stepped closer to his mother, leaning in, Mrs. Kim whispered, "Don't do anything in the bedroom... I don't want to hear anything, is that clear? You have certain limits, mister! Jungkook-ssi is a kind and nice boy, and I don't want you to mess him up, is that clear?"

Was Mrs. Kim expecting the conversation to only be between her and Taehyung? Well, she was wrong. The house was clearly quiet at the moment, and Jungkook heard every distinct word in their short conversation. He cleared his throat and faked a cough, thus gaining attention from the both of them.

"S-Sorry, you two can go and have fun now. Oh, and just a quick reminder, you have classes tomorrow, so don't stay up late! Jungkook, feel free to go home according to your schedule, okay?", Mrs. Kim flashed a smile and watched the boys head into the bedroom.

"What were you planning to do to me, hyung?" Jungkook asked as soon as Taehyung shut the door.

"What do you mean, bunny?" He ruffled the younger's hair before blasting off onto his bed.

"Your mother told you not to do anything in the bedroom... W-What were you going to do?", Jungkook asked as he eventually sat on the bed, beside Taehyung.

"She thinks I'm going to do some mature stuff! But I definitely won't!" He took out his phone, "Anyways, any games on your phone?"

Jungkook nodded and took his phone out, confident about winning whatever game they were to play.'Hyung... Times like this, simple moments like this are very precious... We're hardly even talking, but we're beside each other, and that just makes me smile and gives me comfort and love... I love you so much, hyung... I must be lucky to be with you... You mean the world to-'

"Ha! I win! Which means, one more point for me, so I'm in the lead now- What?!? It's a tie?!?" Taehyung whined as he read the scores, earning a smirk from Jungkook. "We've been playing for almost an hour, oh my God! Holy , we have classes tomorrow! Ah, I'm so sorry, but I've got to sleep in order to wake up early tomorrow morning! S-Shall I leave you to your flat?"

Taehyung panicked as he got out of bed and kept his phone aside.

Jungkook just watched him run here and there, looking for his phone’s charger, complaining about how his phone dies out of battery too quickly these days.

"Ah! Found it! Damn it, why the did I keep it here of all places?!?", he pulled out the charger from the top of the laundry basket, and plugged it into his phone after getting it attached to a socket.

Jungkook stood up from the bed and kept the fallen laundry back in the basket, "H-Hyung, slow down-", he gasped as he saw Taehyung almost slip over a silk shirt. "Hyung! I'm telling you to stop running around! You're not super late!" He quickly grabbed hold of the other’s arm, stopping him from scampering around the room.

Taehyung sighed, "You're right, sorry. Alright, I'll take you home now, okay?”

"Thanks, but I can go back by myself. You can get to bed if you're feeling tired and exhausted, okay?", Jungkook advised as he left the bedroom, but Taehyung followed him anyways.

Taehyung gasped as he saw his mother all hurt and uncomfortable, rubbing the back of her neck with her eyes shut. "Mama! Are you okay?!?", he immediately rushed towards her and massaged her neck.

"Yes, I’m fine… Just strained my neck again... The couch is so soft and comfortable, yet my neck has been hurting since yesterday...", Mrs. Kim relaxed a bit as the pain subsided with the help of her son's effective massaging.

Taehyung pouted, "Mama, you can't sleep on the couch anymore! You have to sleep in my bed tonight, and I'll sleep here, okay?"

"Are you out of your mind?!? I would never let you sleep on the couch while I sleep on your bed! That is just wrong, and you know me very well! As your mother, I would never let that happen!", Mrs. Kim was shocked at Taehyung's suggestion; she could never do that, never.

Taehyung tried again, telling his mother that it would be good for her neck, that it would be comfortable for her, that she would feel better, she would get proper rest. But as obvious as it seemed, Mrs. Kim denied no matter what.

Eventually, Taehyung gave up; he in a deep breath and got off the couch as he stopped massaging the back of his mother's neck. "Alright, then! How about... Mama, you can sleep in my bed while I'll sleep with Kookie in his house, okay?", he stated, earning shocked expression from both his mother and his boyfriend.

"What?!?" Jungkook gulped and stared at Taehyung with bewilderment, totally astonished.

Taehyung smirked and tilted his head, stepping closer to Jungkook, who was standing opposite to the front door. He placed his hand on the younger's waist, as he looked into his eyes, "You don't mind, do you?"

"I-I don't m-mind a-at all... B-But only if y-your mother al-allows it..."

Taehyung winked and turned around immediately, now turning his attention to Mrs. Kim. "Mama, is that fine? Is that a deal then?", he asked.

Mrs. Kim sighed and nodded, "Jungkook-ssi, I really have to thank you. I just have to say, that if Taehyung disturbs you while you sleep, send him back and I'll give him a piece of my mind and-"

"It's alright, Mrs. Kim. I'll make sure hyung sleeps well, don't worry!", Jungkook reassured.

Taehyung smiled, and clapped his hands. "Alright, let's go! Mama, sleep well!", he took Jungkook's hand in his and headed towards the door.

Mrs. Kim stopped them right away, "Taehyung-ah! Take your pyjamas with you or at least wash up, silly boy! Oh, and-" She flashed a smile and continued, "You two are going to have breakfast here, okay? So, be sure to come back after you wake up and freshen up, okay?"

Taehyung and Jungkook nodded, before walking for the door again.

"Taehyung, your pyjamas!", Mrs. Kim yelled once again, rolling her eyes at the fact that her son could forget something in the split of a second.

Taehyung didn't stop walking though. He opened the door and stepped out of the flat, pulling Jungkook with him. He peered through the door and said, "That's okay, I'll just wear one of Kookie's. Good night, love you!" He closed the door and turned around, only to laugh at the sight of a very flustered Jungkook. He whistled and leaned in, "Baby, what's wrong, hmm?" He leaned in even closer, trying to kiss Jungkook, but pulled back with a smile. He proceeded towards the elevator as soon as he heard a lock from his flat, now well aware that his mother locked the doo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter