Sticky Notes - Part II

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah... Noona! Stop, stop! Ha! My hair looked perfect earlier this morning...", Taehyung pouted, removing Jisoo's hand from his head. He tried to fix his hair while asking, "Umm, you sent me the love letters?"

"Sticky notes, to be more precise. Yes, I did. Actually, one morning, in my locker, I found this huge bundle of sticky notes! I decided to use them whenever I needed to, because I don't really like sticky notes... I prefer flashcards, don't you?" Jisoo questioned, still chuckling at Taehyung's hair.

"Hmm, I use flashcards to study sometimes... But, sticky notes are useful for other purposes...", Taehyung wasn't so sure of where Jisoo was getting at. 'Did she forget why we're standing here looking like we're lost or something? Great, there isn't a single table left empty... Looks like we'll have to keep standing... Well, at least no one's staring at us...'

"Anyways, so that's why I sent you sticky notes, and not letters..."

"Jisoo-noona... Umm, listen... I-I really appreciate your feelings and thoughts about me, but... I-I'm sorry but... I-I already have a lover..."

"Umm, I know that. There's nothing to apologise for! Hmm, what's his name again? Jeon... J-Jungkook? The boy who usually argued with you back then? Aww, he's such a cutie...", Jisoo smiled.

"Y-Yes, but we stopped fighting... W-Wait, if you already know... Then... Why did you send me the sticky notes? Y-You're not in love with me, are you?", Taehyung didn't want to hurt Jisoo, but he tried to sound as polite and nice as possible.

"Oh, come on! We're just friends! Besides, I didn't even get to the point... You haven't changed, it seems... Still as impatient as ever!"

"Okay, look. I'm really confused right now, please get to the point. I don't think I can handle this anymore. I also have a feeling that Jungkookie's staring at me like a hawk!", Taehyung was starting to get slightly irritated. 'First, I'm literally attacked every morning with sticky notes... And now, she's walking out of the topic, I can't get things right this way!'

"A hawk? Okay, I won't keep you waiting any longer." Jisoo cleared and stepped closer, "So, you remember back in elementary school, I used to sit with you and Jimin, right?" She continued as soon as Taehyung nodded. "Some of my friends think that we are perfect together, they don't even know that you have Jungkook... Umm, recently, they've been teasing me about not going on any date, or having a boyfriend... Honestly, I don't want one at the moment! But they won't leave me alone until and unless I hear your response. So I need you to act like you're rejecting my confession, okay? A-And do it properly, don't make it too obvious that we've discussed this, okay? Oh, and only start acting when my friends are here because I want my friends to see this, and hopefully they'll leave me alone after the rejection..."

Taehyung widened his eyes and gasped, "That's what it was all about?!?" He whispered, trying not to yell.

"Yeah, it's just a short plan! I would've told you before, but I was busy with classes and projects... I would've texted you, but my roommate is kind of clingy... She'd be by my side all the time, she'd find out it's a plan... Besides, we're friends! We can plan stuff, right?" Jisoo flashed a smile and flipped her hair back.

"So, umm… You don't love me, do you? Just clarifying...", Taehyung gulped, a little nervous.

Jisoo playfully slapped Taehyung's arm, "Of course not, you silly! I mean, I do love you, but as a friend. Plus, you've already got a cute boy, haven't you?" She pinched Taehyung's hand, causing the younger to giggle to himself. "Okay, my friends are gonna be here any minute! You know what to do, right?" Jisoo looked panicked and worried, but sighed eventually.

Taehyung was just ready to get this over with. Just as Jisoo mentioned, a group of girls walked in, already chewing gum and sipping soda.

"Yeah... They get their lunches from restaurants nearby...", Jisoo explained briefly, wondering if Taehyung was about to ask about it.

"Hey! ChiChoo-unnie, who's this model in front of you, hmm?", one of the girls asked.

Jisoo smiled slightly, "Guys, this is Taehyung. Taehyung, meet Lisa, Chaeyoung, Jennie, Hataichanok or simply Hatai." The girls waved at him, and Taehyung waved back.

"Well, n-nice to m-meet you all!", Taehyung nervously laughed, somehow stuttered too.

Chaeyoung stepped forward, putting an arm around Jisoo's shoulder, "Umm, Taehyung-oppa? Do you know why Jisoo-unnie wants to talk to you? Wait, did you two talk at all?"

Taehyung glanced at Jisoo for a second, to which she responded with a glare, and Taehyung received the message. He simply said, "Well, I was eating with my friends, and Jisoo-noona called me here, and that's when you all walked in. We didn't really talk..."

Lisa laughed along with Chaeyoung, and then said, "Oh! She has lots to say to you! Am I right, Jisoo-unnie?”

Jisoo sighed, nodding slightly. Surprisingly, Taehyung played along a little too well, as he asked, "Well, what is it, noona? Anything you need to say?"

Jisoo glared at him again, rolling her eyes round and round, trying to convey something. Taehyung gulped, he wasn't getting it this time. He just stood still, completely stagnant and weary, 'What is she trying to say?!? Noona, be more clear! W-What should I say?!? Ugh, am I going to mess this up? N-No! What the heck?!? Wait... Rolling your eyes round and round, a-and she's doing it from her left... Usually, we move on from left to right, from the past to the future... The past? W-What happened in the past? C-Childhood? What- Oh! The sticky notes, of course! Finally!' He cleared his throat, "Noona, you sent me quite a lot of sticky notes, or love letters, should I say?"

Jisoo sighed with relief, proud that Taehyung got the signal. She then replied, with a convincing tone, "Ah... Yes... Umm, sorry... You see, I just wanted to use up my sticky notes, so that's why I sent my messages through sticky notes instead of letters... Sorry if I bothered you with those notes, but... I just wanted to share my feelings about you and I just thought that we might a have a chance? I mean, we were close since elementary school and I just-"

"Sorry. I-I'm really sorry, noona... But, I-I can't... Not with you, o-or anyone else... I-I guess you didn't know, but... I already have someone as my lover...", Taehyung continued playing his role, just as planned. He cheered for himself internally when he noticed the girls' expressions, and Jisoo's fake sorrow, he knew this was going just according to plan.

"O-Oh... U-Umm, may I ask who that is?" Jisoo lowered her head, trying not to laugh at how easily they were fooling her friends.

"Y-Yeah… Umm... It's Jungkook. Umm, he's cool...", Taehyung smiled to himself, picturing Jungkook's adorable expressions in his mind.

"W-Wait, Jeon Jungkook? He was your rival, oppa! You two were so competitive about everything! A-And if someone asked you or him a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter