December 8th

A Wish Upon A Shooting Star

Jinki opened the front door before Jonghyun had actually knocked, leaving the younger standing with his hand awkwardly raised. 

“Oh, Jonghyun. You're here?” Jinki asked, looking surprised. 

“Yes. Is it a bad time? Should I go again?” Jonghyun asked. 

“Actually, I have a doctor's visit today, but I'll be back in an hour or two, so if you'd like, you could just stay here and watch a movie or somethings?” Jinki offered. Jonghyun accepted, feeling slightly down that Jinki wouldn't be there, but accepting the second best alternative. 

And that was how Jonghyun ended up sitting on Jinki's bed, watching a movie, but actually not really following it, since he was looking up at the clock every 5 seconds to try and predict when Jinki would be back. 

After about 37 minutes, he just got tired of sitting, and decided to go grab a bit of food from the kitchen, assuming that Jinki wouldn't be angry. 

Jinki returned after an hour and 24 minutes (Jonghyun was literally counting the minutes until he got back). And Jonghyun immediately noticed that something was wrong. 

“How did it go?” Jonghyun asked. He wondered if there was such an answer as “Good”, since Jinki had practically introduced himself as “That dying guy”. It was a fact that Jonghyun often forgot, that Jinki was dying. The older simply always seemed so full of life, it seemed absolutely unfathomable that he was going to die in a short while.

“It...it went fine.” Jinki said, only confirming Jonghyun's suspicions that something was wrong. Because something was definitely wrong. And Jonghyun was absoloutely determined to find out what it was. 

But Jinki had no intention of telling him. 

*flashback to the doctors office earlier that day*

“It seems that your illness is progressing faster than we assumed. Have you had any problems lately? Fainting? Vomiting or coughing blood? Chest pains?” The doctor asked. Jinki squirmed slightly in his seat. 

“The other day, I forgot to take my medicine, and ended up coughing up blood. But I took my medicine afterwards.” Jinki said. “What do you mean that the illness is progressing faster.” 

“I'm meaning that your future prospects very likely could be shortened even further.” The doctor said. 

“How much further?” Jinki asked, a feeling of dread already forming in his chest. 

“It's difficult to say exactly, but maybe a month, two if you're lucky.” The man in the white coat said. Then he left the room, leaving Jinki alone with his thoughts. 

1 or 2 months left to live? How was this really happening to him? He was still young, he still had so many things he'd like to experience. What about traveling the world like he's always wanted? What about finding true love, and being truly happy? What about growing old, with everything that that entails, and dying from old age, surrounded by people you love?

But he wasn't going to have any of that. A months was not nearly enough time to travel the world, and see all its wonders. It was enough time to find and experience true love. And it most definitely wasn't enough time to grow old and die surrounded by the people you love the most. 

*end of flashback*

“Actually, The doctor told me to take some medicine, and it has made me really tired, so I'd appreciate if I could just go to sleep now.” Jinki said. Jonghyun was kinda sad that he had basically waited for nothing, but nonetheless, he put on his jacket, said goodnight to Jinki and walked home, after promising to come back tomorrow.

-----------------------------
An: Wow, this chapter turned out darker than I had intended it to. Well, I hope you guys enjoyed it anyway. And I'm sorry for putting Jonghyun and Jinki through this kind of torture, I know you must all hate me by now. 

Merry December 8th❤️