December 15th

A Wish Upon A Shooting Star

When Jonghyun woke up the next day, he felt bleek. Was he going to go visit Jinki today? The older had literally asked him to stay away for today. But still, Jonghyun felt like he had to go. He had to fix this, if not for anything else, then for their friendship. He had probably already ruined whatever had ever been of that, though. 

Why the hell did he kiss Jinki yesterday? It was a stupid move, and he knew it, but he just couldn't help it. 

And now, he had ruined everything. Jinki didn't want to see him anymore, didn't want him around. 

He really wanted to go. To tell tell Jinki that he was sorry, and ask for him to forget that anything happened at all. But to be honest, Jonghyun didn't want to forget, because for a short moment, Jinki had responded to his kiss. The older had not  pushed him away immediately. 

A small light of hope shone in Jonghyun's heart. It was faint, flickering, and constantly in danger of being extinguished. But the fact that it hadn't been yet, made the flame even stronger. 


Somewhere else in the city, Jinki was also lying in his bed, thinking of Jonghyun. Would he show up today? Jinki didn't blame him for not wanting to. He himself had kicked him out yesterday, and specifically told him to not come back today. 

And even then, Jinki wanted nothing more than for Jonghyun to show up, and knock on his door like he usually did. He wanted to apologize for overreacting like that. He wanted Jonghyun to comfort him, and tell him that it was okay, and that what happened had been a giant misunderstanding on both sides. 

But had it really been a misunderstanding? It hadn't been a misunderstanding when Jinki began kissing Jonghyun back. It hadn't been a misunderstanding when Jinki felt something flutter in his stomach when Jonghyun had told him that he liked him, and it hadn't been a misunderstanding when Jinki had indirectly told him that he felt the same way. 

Everything wa shuts a giant mess, and he was at fault. 

With every minute past 10AM, Jinki felt more and more assured that Jonghyun wouldn't show up today. When it hit 11:30, he was basically sure of it. 

And even then, sometimes, miracles happen. 

Jinki heard a knock on his door. He practically jumped out of the bed and ran towards the door, tearing the door open. 

Outside the door, was standing a young man with brown hair and dark eyes. 

“Hey.” Jonghyun said, sounding very hesitant. 

“Hi.” Jinki said

“Look, about yesterday…” Jonghyun began, before Jinki interrupted him. 

“I'm sorry about what I said, it was totally out of line for me to treat you like that.” Jinki said, while having a staring contest with the floor. 

“No, you had every right to say those things. I'm sorry for...you know, the kiss, and pressuring you afterwards. I don't really know what happened.” Jonghyun said, sounding sincerely sorry. 

“Do you want to come inside?” Jinki asked, opening the door even more, giving Jonghyun a chance to walk inside. 

“Should we just forget about the whole event yesterday, or what?” Jonghyun asked. He didn't want it himself, but he wanted his relationship with Jinki to be like before, at least it they couldn't be something more. 

Jinki nodded. “Yeah, that would be nice, I think.” He said. He was so confused right now, both by his self and by Jonghyun. 

Sometimes, love makes people do strange things, and sometimes, the strangest things done, are made in denial of love. 

-––––––––------
An: So after the turbulent chapter yesterday, I felt like taking this chapter down a notch. But don't worry, the waves will get higher soon (We only have 8-9 days left til Christmas, and a lot still needs to happen in this story before then). This chapter is also kinda short, but I've just had a pretty long day, so I just kinda wanted to get this chapter up before going to bed. 

Merry December 15th❤️