December 6th

A Wish Upon A Shooting Star

The next morning when Jonghyun Arrived at work, his superior gave him a key. He was told that after yesterday's events, Jinki would have to stay in bed for a day or two, to let the medicine work completely, and that Jonghyun could let himself in. 

So he did. He let himself into Jinki's apartment, and as he had been told, Jinki wasn't sitting in the living room, nor was there any breakfast prepared in the kitchen. Jonghyun slowly ventured around the apartment, noticing different smaller details that he hadn't before. 

The pictures on Jinki's shelf pictured three people. He easily recognized Jinki as the one in the middle, and judging by the age of the other two, it must have been his parents, the ones who died. 

“Jonghyun?” Jonghyun spun around like a deer caught in headlight to find Jinki looking at him. The older definitely wasn't completely awake yet. His eyes were still half closed, and he was wearing his pajamas again. 

“Hi.” Jonghyun started, trying to figure out how to explain what he was doing in Jinki's apartment, looking at his stuff without permission. 

“I… My superior said… I was just…” Jonghyun stammered, while Jinki still looked at him like he had seen a pink unicorn fly across the sky. 

“I just wanted to check if you were alright, after yesterday, you know?” Jonghyun said. It wasn't a lie, since Jonghyun actually had been curious about the older’s wellbeing. 

“I could say that I'm fine, but I don't think you'll believe me.” Jinki said, seemingly accepting the explanation without further questions, to Jonghyun's great relief. 

“Well, now that I'm awake, what would you say about watching a movie or something? The doctor told me that I couldn't leave my bed for today, so I probably can't do many other things.” Jinki said, apparently finding this whole situation funny, based on his smiley face. Jonghyun found himself smiling too. Yeah, he could handle watching a movie. 

And so it happened that the two of them ended up sitting in Jinki's bed (always at least 1 meter from each other, don't get any ideas.) while watching a movie. Or rather, Jonghyun was watching the movie, since Jinki had practically passed out about halfway through. 

Again, Jonghyun found himself almost dumbfounded by the other’s attractiveness. Sleeping Jinki was apparently just as adorable as “Just-got-out-of-bed”-Jinki had been handsome. 

When the movie was over, Jonghyun quietly got out of the bed and pulled the covers back over Jinki, before making his way out of the room. He remembered to lock the door after leaving the apartment. 

By now, it had dawned on him that his previous promise about “No feelings attached” just wasn't going to happen. He was already caught too much up in Jinki. But for some reason, he didn't hate that thought.

------------------------ 
An: Yay for JongYu finally starting to shine(e) through. This is a kinda short chapter today, since it's currently quite late and I am extremely tired, and I have school tomorrow.
I hope you enjoy the chapter anyway. 

Merry December 6th❤️