Jaemin's first

My Comfort 내 위안 | Na Jaemin

TUESDAY

As you are walking to the class, you heard your name being called. It's Nam Da Reum, you are scared at the sight of him, but you try to brave yourself since he might ask something that he really needed.

"I heard the principal asks you to take care of me. Well, today is your first day" Dareum said making you frown, what is he talking about? you thought. It's still morning so you can't recall anything.

"Remember that day you heard me being scold?" Dareum explain and you nodded, understanding what he meant now. "And I need your number, in case I need your.. help" He said giving out his phone. You type in and smile. " I'd be happy to help you, Dareum." He smiles back, it must be his great day today since he's smiling and talking to you. " I'll be going first" He rubs your hair and walks away. All the incident was watched by Jaemin who's waiting for you at your class. You continued your walk and smiles uncontiously.

"What makes you happy?" Jaemin asks, making you jump in shock. "Oh, nothing" You smiled at him. "What is it Nana?" You ask him. He blushed hearing his old nickname. "I-It's been a long time you called me that."He said and you just give him a smile. "I'm just wondering if you wanted to have recess together." You nodded in response. "Great! At the park okay?" He said and pinch your cheek before he left.  You were left blushing alone in front of the class.

During class, you are too focus on the teacher that made Chenle pouts. He couldn't focus anymore as he's tired already. He grab a tiny piece of your clothing and began pulling it, trying to get your attention. "Hyeji.." He whispers. You nods your head, still not looking at him. He gave up, he knows he would not get any attention from you during class. The recess bell finally rings. Chenle let his head hit the table and let out a groan making you chuckle. "What's wrong with you? Couldn't focus in class?" You ask him. He just sigh. "I'm tired. You can go recess on your own. I'm getting a nap." Chenle said and you bid him goodbye, straight away head to the school park. 

You saw Jaemin sits on one of the benches. You walk behind him and closes his eyes, not making any sound. "Hyeji?" Jaemin guessed. You giggled and sit next to him. "Hey.. so why are we having a recess here?" You asked then he suddenly hid his face from you. You are aware of his change. You grab his chin and make him look at you. "I- cook. for the first time, and I would like you to try it" Jaemin suddenly said which make you smile. You thought he got into trouble.

He takes out a tupperware from a bag and opens it for you. It's egg rolled, a dish that you like. You clapped your hands and look at him, still embarrassed. You decided to calm his nerve. "You know that I don't know how to cook also right?" You said making him grin, yeah now he looks super fine. You take a bite of his egg roll and chew it, savouring the taste of the egg. It's perfect. He looks at you, trying to get a reaction. "So?" He asks.

"Yours taste like my mom's. I love it!" You give him a thumbs up. He smiles, satisfied with himself. "Aren't you going to eat?" You asks him as you notice he has been staring the whole time. "No. Seeing you eat, making me full." He said, that makes you blush again. You tried to cool off by feed him one egg roll. He chew it and quickly acknowledge his dish. "This is good" He said and you nods. 

After recess you went back to class, happy that your stomach is full with Jaemin's first dish. You saw Chenle is nowhere in class and then you heard his dolphin laugh. You saw him with Jisung, maybe Jisung pulls him to have recess together. You thought. You entered the class and get ready for next lesson.

------

You went home straight after school as you have no energy left and Seonho has been begging you to come home early. You entered your home and was greeted by Seonho who's wearing an apron. "Eh? Did you cook?" You ask him which he gladly nods. Why the boys are getting better at cooking? You ask yourself. "Have a sit, your majesty." Seonho said. You place your bag on the sofa and went to dining table. "Where's dad?" You ask him. "Dad is sorting things out for his company. I think his company will place him in the new office." Seonho said as he serves you Kimchi Jiggae. You talk with Seonho during lunch and it made you feel like old times.

"Hey, in the morning, I met with my friend, the one I said his brother has a photography company " He said and you nodded. He took a piece of paper and hand it to you.

"It's the application to the school. It's a boarding school. He would like it if you join earlier. The day is on Sunday next two weeks." Seonho said. You look at the application form, suddenly you don't feel the excitement anymore. You have just broke your camera, even if NCT gave you the money, you felt guilty to use it so you didn't manage to fix it.

"Why? Are you not happy with this?" Seonho saw the change in your face but you decided to lie. You shook your head and fake a smile. "No, I'll think about this, and will make sure give an answer." You said, earning a nod from him. You cleans the table and went in your room. Thinking about the school transfer. 

I've met wonderful people in my school, can I just leave Seul Min, Jisung, Chenle, Renjun, Haechan, Jeno and most important Jaemin behind? The school is also boarding, which means I'll get lesser time to meet NCT members.. but this is my dream school and probably a school that can provide me with best studies..

You sigh. You put the application form in your bag and have a shower. After dinner, you went to NCT base to have a little practice on your own but the whole NCT members are there, except Seulmin. They had been practicing from evening and just got a break for dinner. All the NCT members including you cleans up the mess of black bean noodles and went back to practicing.

After the practice, Jaemin offered to go home with you, but you decline saying that you had to stop by 7eleven, but he insist. So, he ends up walking with you. You talk with each other about the food he cooked and suddenly he got a call from his dad and asked him to come home since they have guest. Jaemin apologizes to you and you walk alone to 7eleven.

You get your drinks and buy some other food suplies and walk to home. But you heard someone sobbing. You tried looking for the source and saw someone crying. You brave yoursef and walk to the person and manage to identify him, it's Dareum. You sit next to him and offered him a pack of tissue. He looks at you and coughs. "I- why are you here?" He asks.

"I don't know, maybe your loud sobbing calling me here." You said and take a look at him. He must have been crying for a long time. "What's wrong Dareum?" you ask but instead, he went closer to you, resting his head on your shoulder. You his back slowly. "My dad caught my mom cheating and they were shouting at home and-and" He started to cry again. You were shock to hear it. You his hair. "Shh.. it's alright,now. I'm here." You said, trying to calm him.  It's been 5 minutes and his sobbing went softer. He gathers his strength and look at you. "I'm sorry that you have to see me in this state" Dareum said. You smile, "I'm a friend and a class president. I need to be concern about my friends." Holding his hand tightly. He got up and walk to a motorbike. "Let me send you home." He smiles. "Wait.. riding that?" You asked him in shock.

"I'm a good driver, don't worry" He assures as he throws you a spare helmet. "But my home is not too far" You whispered but hop on the bike. It's your first time to ride a motorbike.  He starts the engine and it roared. You yelp when the bike moves. At first you panicked and hold on his waist tightly, but soon you found yourself enjoying the wind.  Arriving in front of your apartment, Dareum stop and you got off, smiling like an idiot. "That was fun!" You cheered. He takes off your helmet and smiles. " I know you would have fun. I would like to take you to another ride, anytime." He said. You nodded. "I'll inform you if I need one". 

"Oh, about just now, thanks for lending me your ears." he said making you laugh. "nahh it's nothing. just, don't lose your cool at home. Don't get involve in their things okay? They just want the best for you" You said, giving a pat on his shoulder. He bid you goodbye and rode his bike to home.

The scenes were all seen by Jaemin, who's peeking at his window. Jealousy got all over his body and he tried to stay calm. Why that boy is becoming closer with Hyeji nowadays?  Jaemin thought. He lie on his bed and tried to sleep to ignore all the feelings he got

----------

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!