Babysitting

My Comfort 내 위안 | Na Jaemin

"Let's meet" -Jaemin

You gasp. Quickly you grab any decent outfit in your wardrobe while texting Jaemin where should I meet you?

You wear a red hoodie with shorts. 

" The cafe" -Jaemin

You grab your phone and left after telling your mother you are going to grab fresh air. You walk to the cafe and enter. You let out your breath, nervous. You could see him.. with two kids. You look at him weirdly, he waves at you, and you walk nearer. 

"Hyeji. I need your help" Jaemin said. You raise an eyebrow to him, looks like he forgot that you guys are not on good terms. " Help me babysitting these kids. My family and aunty went to a wedding, which I refuse to go. But it turns out, I have to take care after my cousin.. Will you help me?" Jaemin asks. You look at the the little girl, eating a burger while the other one eating the fries. "EO-Oh sure!" You replied which made him happy.

Jaemin bought you a sandwich and chocolate milkshake to thank you

Jaemin bought you a sandwich and chocolate milkshake to thank you. Jaemin wanted to do grocery shopping first since his mother asked him to. You hold the little boy, Yijun, age 5 hand and walk behind Jaemin. Jaemin carried the little girl, Jihyun, age 3. You just followed Jaemin from the back all the way in the market. Jaemin has place the little girl on the trolley while he push the trolley. He grabs many things. 

"Hyung! Ice cream! Ice cream!" The boy hit Jaemin's back lightly when he saw the sign ice cream. Jaemin laugh, you look at him. He rarely laughs like that. "Arraseo. Hyung will buy it, in return, you must be a good boy today" Jaemin said and the boy cheered, clapping his hand. You chuckle at the boy's cute actions. You regret not bringing your camera to take his picture, ah phone camera will do for now. 

Jaemin was picking fresh fish while Yijun stand next to him. Jihyun has also went out from the trolley because there's many wet ingredients in there and she's scared. Jihyun stands next to her brother, looking at the swimming fish. You took a bit distance and snap a picture on your phone. It looks so cute, you smiled. You take over to push the trolley now. Jaemin is too focus on remembering which brand of eggs his mum used to buy. You take another picture of him, secretly. It has been a long time since you take a picture of him secretly. Both the siblings are picking out sweets. You snap a picture of them. 

It's so fun to take a picture, it's as if you are alive again

It's so fun to take a picture, it's as if you are alive again.

When you are too engrossed looking at the kids, Jaemin came with eggs in his hands. He placed the eggs and look at you. "Don't you want to buy anything? It's my treat" He smiles, ever so warmly. It took him a long time to smile at you again, now he's doing it, your heart flutters. 

You shook your head. "It's okay." responding with a little smile. He nods, walking away to the kids. The kids finally have made their decision to buy sweets and comes to you. 

"Unnie, this sweet is delicious! I'll give you some later" Jihyun said. You smiles and nod. "Thank you Jihyun" The girl nods.

You push the trolley to the cashier. Suddenly a thought coming on your mind. There's so many things.. how would you both carry it all way home. You look at Jaemin and as if he could sense something is wrong, he turns to look at you. "Why?" He asks.

"Um.. I don't know if we can carry all this back home." You said, making Jaemin realised. He has bought so many. He bit his lips, trying to figure out what he could do. 

"Do you have a box?" Jaemin asks the cashier and the cashier nods. He sigh in relieve.

"I'll carry the box, you'll hold the kids okay?" Jaemin said reasuringly. "B-but your back will hurt" You said. "Don't worry. It's healthy now." Jaemin gives you a smile. Surprisingly, the items can all be fit in one box. The siblings has hold their own sweets in their hands, making it a bit lighter for Jaemin. "Yijun-ah, will you hold Jihyun's other hand?" You asked him and he nods, grabbing his sister hands. So like that, all of you walk home. Jaemin walking behind you with a box while you hold a plastic of eggs and another holding Jihyun's hand. 

Arriving at Jaemin's home, Jaemin place the box on the kitchen's counter and you place the eggs, on the dining table. The kids excitedly sit in the living room and turn on the television.You could see the pain in Jaemin's face. You walk behind him and gives a massage on his waist. You could hear Jaemin's groaning while you massage his back. You felt guilty.

"I should be the one carrying the box" You said, making Jaemin turns. "Then what makes it different? If I have let you carry the box, I would be the one seeing you in pain." Jaemin said, looking at you, but you didn't. He sighs, raising your chin up to look at him. 

"How much it is that you've hurt me, I don't care as long as you are still here. Next to me" Jaemin said. Your cheeks blush and chuckle a bit. You hug him and he replied it back by hugging you. "Thank you" You whispered. Both of you let go before the siblings could see. 

"Oppa~ I can't open this.. Yijun oppa won't help me" Jihyun came in the kitchen, her face looks like she wants to cry. Jaemin approaches the little girl and tear the plastic for Jihyun. Jihyun happily walk away to watch the television too. It's their favourite show. Tayo The Little Bus.

"Hyeji-ah, do you want to help me cook?" Jaemin ask, making you startled. You? Cook? What a funny combination. After the salty egg roll, you swear to yourself not to cook anymore. "I-I don't think so" You said. Jaemin laughs. "Awh come on, you can't give up after one try" Jaemin said. "So will you?" Jaemin asks. You think a while before agreeing. Well, it's not that bad thinking that you can spend some time with Jaemin. 

"You can start off cutting these veggies" Jaemin pass her the chopping board and knife. He teaches you how to chop it, so you tried very slowly. He chuckle, seeing how you awkwardly hold the knife but he let you be, as long as you don't hurt yourself. Jaemin chop the carrots so quick, you are shock. But you tried to concentrate to chop the veggies.

Suddenly, Yijun comes in the kitchen. "H-Hyung~ I need to go to the toilet" Yijun whines. Jaemin quickly wash his hand and bring Yijun to the toilet to help him. He still has difficulties to balance himself on the toilet bowl.

"You did well, Yijun" You could hear Jaemin complementing the boy. The boy shyly thank Jaemin. He could be a really great hu- i mean brother. You thought. Jaemin comes in the kitchen again to find you already finish cutting the veggies. He claps his hand. "You made it!" Jaemin exclaim. "Of course, I'm not a kid" You said. "Safely" Jaemin added which made you flustered. You hit Jaemin's arm, embarrassed. He then toss in the ingredients, doing all the work alone. You sigh, 'I thought he wanted some help' You sit down on the dining chair, looking at him. You take out your phone, ready to record him cooking from the back. 

"Wow, he looks great from the back, cooking something delicious.." You stand up again and walk to Jaemin, recording his face. Jaemin smiled to the camera. "I'm cooking kimchi stew for you and the kids" Jaemin said, which made you blush, imagining your married life with him. You quickly erase your thought. "I wonder if it's delicious" You said. "Of course it will! I made it" Jaemin confidently said which you just nod, agreeing with him. 

 

You were bored so you played with the kids. "Everyone, lunch is ready!" Jaemin called. "Kids, let's go!" You said and quickly both the siblings run to the kitchen. You chuckle and tidy a bit their legos before walk to the kitchen. Jaemin has serve the kids and you wash your hand. Sitting down, opposite from Jaemin, next to Yijun. Jaemin feeds Jihyun and she gaves a thumbs up, soon she took the spoon from Jaemin and digs in all by herself. Yijun too has started eating in silence. You taste the soup. It was amazing, how could he cook it the same as your mother? You smiled. Jaemin hasn't eaten yet, he's waiting for your reaction. You look up, looking at Jaemin. "It's delicious! It taste like my mom's!" You put two thumbs up , which make him chuckle. He let out a relieve sigh and started eating.

You wash all the dishes while Jaemin tried to put the kids to sleep. It was easy for the kids to sleep as their tummy is full. After making sure Jihyun and Yijun have fall deep in sleep, Jaemin walks to the kitchen and sit on the chair, looking at you washing the dishes. 

"Thank you so much for today, Hyeji" Jaemin said. You smiled, eventhough he could not see. "Sure" You answer. After finish the dish washing, you and Jaemin walk to the living room, sitting on the sofa. Now that the kids are asleep, you wanted to cuddle with him but you are too shy. So you just sit next to him. He turns on the tv and you take out your phone. Your mum has texted you.

"Did you eat? Where are you?" -Mom

Yeah.. You forgot to tell her. But you couldn't say that you are with Jaemin babysitting kids because your mother surely will not like it.

"Um yeah. I did.. I'm at a library now." You answered. Jaemin saw you texting with your mother. "Is it easier for you to lie now?" Jaemin finally ask, the question that has been lingering around his mind this week. You were startled and hid the phone. "I - um had to do it.. Mum will get mad if she knows I'm with you" You said. Jaemin looks at you, which make you stares down on your lap.

 "So is that why you also lie to us that you've repair your camera? I know that a boy bought you the camera. And I also know about you riding a motorcycle with the boy. Tell me, how do you find that boy? Is he attractive?"  Jaemin bombarred you wih question. You felt guilty and shock at the same time. He knows all along but he just keep his mouth shut. Jaemin grabs your hand, making you look at him. "Tell me, do you find him attractive?" Jaemin repeats softly like you are very fragile, his eyes are shattering. You didn't answer, not that because it is true, but she was shock, is it making Jaemin jealous?

Jaemin let out a bit smile, knowing you are shock. " It's okay Hyeji. I know it all along, that you actually don't even actually like me. You are friendzoning me and I'm hurt. But I did say earlier.. that how many it is you hurt me, I don't care as long as you are here." Jaemin said. Your tears drop, because you are hurting too. You are hurt because he never saw how you are affected to him. Jaemin let your hand go and went to the room which the siblings sleep, leaving you alone.

 

'Is this it? Is it really over?' You whispered to yourself, dropping your tears. You stand up and walk out from his apartment. Walking home in tears.

Walking home in tears