Flower Shop

My Comfort 내 위안 | Na Jaemin

SUNDAY

You spend the whole morning in your room. Seonho comes in time to time to check on you but you ignore him as you still have grudges on him but he didn't complain. 

Three knocks could be heard and you know it's Seonho again. You sigh when he steps in your room. He saw you sitting at your study table, staring at the books. He walks to you and put down a bowl of green apple that he has cut into tiny pieces. He ruffles your hair before making his way out. 

You take the fork and plop down a tiny apple in your mouth. Suddenly your phone rings. 

"Yes, mother" You answer.

"Can you come down to the mall for a while and help me to take care of the shop? I need to get few more stocks and it turns out that the worker for today took a sick leave." Your mum said. Your mum owns a flower shop but also works in an electronic company  at the same time.

"Okay, give me 15 minutes to get ready" You said before ending the call. It has been a long time since you went to the mall since the mall is a place full of people. 

You get yourself to change into something stylist because the mall is the place which teenagers hang around. 

"Seonho, I'm going to take care of mom's shop." You said as you shut your bedroom door close. Seonho look shocked. "Mom has a shop?" You nodded. "Where?"

"Mall down there. Come if you want and take over. I'm bringing my homework and might get too focus so don't call my phone."  You said and exit your house. You take the bus as it took several minutes to walk and you don't feel like to walk. 

Before getting on the bus, you met with Chenle who just got off. you stared at him and he stared at you. After a few seconds, you broke the eye contact with him and ride on the bus, not wanting to miss the ride. When you sit down, you sigh and you feels like you wanted to scream and hug someone. Its been miserable since last Thursday.  

"Mum?" You greet when you enter the shop. The shop is very pretty, with a lot flowers that bloom. Your mum comes out from the back of the shop with her handbag. "Oh darling, thank you so much for coming. Can you close the store too when it's 8 p.m.? I'll see you at home" Your mum kisses you goodbye and left.

What a great day, you'll spend your day in the shop. Worst, alone. You take out your camera from the bag and take some pictures with the flowers. You know all the meaning behind the flowers. You like them when you were younger. You used to give some pink hydrangea to Jaemin. He like it, but he never knows what is the name of the flower and the meaning behind it, heartfelt emotion. 

After taking some nice pictures to update it in your blog, you sit down at the counter and turn on the music from your phone and take out your homework. It is nice to do your work here, with the nice smell, beautiful view and less disturbance. Your mum's shop is only busy when there's a specific day like valentine. 

In the evening, the doorbell rings and you greet the customer. The customer smiles at you.

"Do you have anything for um last long love?" The man asks. You smile. "What's the occasion?" 

"Our 2nd anniversary" He shyly said. You walk around the flowers and finally found the suitable flower. Periwinkle Flower. "This flower can gives off the meaning of existence throughout eternity, and extending your time with what you love and everlasting love." You said. He smiles, satisfied with the meaning. He asks you to wrap the flowers in a bouquet and you did, well not that pretty as your mom's. The man paid and thanked you before walks off. 

 

You smile, seeing a male so in love with a girl warms your heart. 

It's 6 o'clock and you are starving. You couldn't concentrate anymore. As you wish, the doorbell rings, revealing Seonho. "Did you brought food?" Is the first thing you ask. He laughs. " I know you'll be starving by now" He smiles while raising up his hand with a box of chicken. You cheered, you are completely forgot about the grudge you have against him. He breake the chopstick into two and give it to you. You gobbled in.

"Ahh I'm so fulll" You said receiving chuckles from Seonho. "Hey.. have you forgive me?" He carefully ask. You also didn't want to drag this hate relationship for longer. Now, he is the only friend you got.You nod.

"Hyeji, why aren't you going to practice? It's been a long time since I saw you coming home late.Instead, you will always coming home crying" Seonho asks, looking at your eyes. You just smile a little. 

"It gets pretty hard for me.. The members know about me transferring on the competition day" You said. Seonho's eyes went big. "That day is your competition day?! Oh my god I chose the wrong date" Seonho regretfully said. " What do you mean?"

"Well, you know that I have desperately ask Dareum to enroll you in his uncle's school. But the reason was just because I want you to go with photography. Photography makes a lot of money than dancing. That's why I want you to transfer to full boarding school. So you will focus more and I get to choose the date, I just chose the date because I didn't know you'll have a big day" Seonho explains. You sigh, "What can I do now. They already hate me this much, I just have to transfer, isn't it?" You sadly state, making Seonho felt guilty.

"But on the letter, it didn't state the time right?" Seonho said. "No it didn't but the members hate me already, what is the point of entering the competition." You gave up, you did think to enroll after the competition but after seeing Jaemin's behaviour yesterday, you have totally make out your mind.  Seonho just nod quietly, he wanted you to join your last competition, but it seems like you give up too. 

"Hey, speaking of school, when are you going to school?" You ask him, distracting him from his thoughts. "Um on the same day as you? Heheh the school have the best basketball team too!" Seonho said, your jaw drops. You hit his forehead lightly " I did say I don't want the same school as you right?" You said. Seonho sulks, "I don't have any friend.. Can't you be friend?" He said, cutely.

"Of course not." Seonho's sad but you grin, "Cus you are my twin" Seonho realizes you are teasing him so he laughs along.

At 8 o'clock, Seonho helps you to close the shop. Both of you take the bus together, and you were shock, to see Jaemin and Jeno on the bus too. You hide behind Seonho and quickly take a sit, making sure they can't see you.

"Why am I hiding now?" You whispers to yourself. Seonho senses something weird so he look around and spot the duo. He looks at you. "What did you do wrong?" 

"I don't know" You quietly said.

"Then why are you hiding?"

"I don't know!" You said, making Seonho laughs. Arriving at your destination, you got off with Seonho real quick. You look back, and saw Jeno and Jaemin look at you, in the eye. You look back to the front and held Seonho's arm. "Walk quickly, Seonho" You said before making a run to your apartment. You enter your house and slam the door shut. Seonho's knocking on the door. 

"You said walk fast! why did you run" He enters the passcode and enter the house, looking at your pale face. "Gosh, you okay sister?" Seonho asks. "Yeah, sure. The outside world is too cold for me to handle." You said before entering your room.

MONDAY

You are feeling too tired to listen to the teacher today. You can't get a proper sleep as you keep on thinking that you've bump into 3 members yesterday. The teacher is teaching and this may be the first time you are not listening. You scribble on your notebook, bored. You know Chenle's not focusing too. You know he's stealing glances at you. You know he has something to say, but you decided to ignore.

Suddenly, a female school staff walks in to your class.

"May I see Yoo Hyeji?" The staff said, and you are shock. Everyone is looking at you. You make your way out. Actually afraid if you are caught doing something wrong which you don't remember.

You listen to every word the staff said. Your heart drop. Your tears started to make its way on the ground. You quickly run back to your place and quickly pack your books and grab your bag. Chenle notice the tears on your cheek before you run out from the classroom. Everyone was very shock with your sudden action. What happened? Was all in their mind, including Chenle.

 

"Attention to all students, please gather at the school's hall right now" The announcement said. Everyone in the school head to the hall with questions in their mind. Chenle saw Jisung and Seulmin and he make his way to them. He heard his name being called behind him and he turned, seeing Jaemin, Jeno, Renjun and Haechan. The seven of them sit together in the big hall. Jaemin looks like he's searching someone. Yes, you. He is searching for you but he didn't ask.

The principal comes on the stage, with a mic in his hand. The principal looks sad.

"All of the students and teachers, I would like to apologize for suddenly gathering all of you, but after hearing this news, I think I had to do this. A while ago, a machine exploded in Yonhui Hospital and a lot of people died and suffer injuries."

"Yonhui Hospital? Why is it sooo familiar?" Haechan asks, making the other six nod. Jaemin heart drops. That was where he got his treatment. And also..

"And I am sad to announce that one of our friend's sister,died in the tragedy while saving the patients life." Everyone gasp in shock, especially Chenle. The others are looking at him. "What's wrong Chenle?" Seul Min asks.

"J-just now, Hyeji just run from class after being called by the staff" Chenle said. Jaemin's heart drop. It can't be Yooji.. right? 

"Let's give a silence for 3 minutes to pray for all the victims" The principal said. But Jaemin didn't stay, instead he runs out from the hall and exit the school.

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f2d7057444b7858764a5a664150773d3d2d3531303533373439342e313530323564303363626136323933343931333638353932333238382e6a7067