"Nice to meet you, class president"

My Comfort 내 위안 | Na Jaemin

After you wash yourself, you went out not to find your mother in the house 'she must be out with her friends' you thought. Your stomach started to make it sounds, you sigh. Your mother didn't make any breakfast today, your sister is sleeping and you can't cook. You decided to grab your wallet and went to eat at Subway instead.

You enter your bedroom again to change into something decent. White tee and leggings, not forgetting your pink cap. 

Walking outside of your apartment, you meet with Chenle. "Why aren't you in bed?" Chenle teases you with a smile pastering on his face. "I'm not that lazy!" You pinches his arm a bit. "So, where are you going?" He asks. "Subway. I need to grab breakfast. You?" 

"I'm visiting Jaemin hyung. You wanna come?" 

"No. It's okay. I have many more things to do after grabbing breakfast. Sorry" You give an excuse but Chenle knows you wanted to avoid going there. "Oh, okay then. Be careful Hyeji." He bid you goodbye and left. 

After buying two sandwiches, one for you and another for Yooji, you walk to the convience store, thinking that you should buy cereal and milk in case you will be starving at home.

Nothing much happen on weekend as you always spend your time with books and editing your blog. Your phone rings, a call from Mark. " Hello Hyeji!" He greets you with a happy voice. "Oh, oppa. Why are you calling?" You ask.

" Taeyong hyung and I decided to stay at the boys, so can you please check if the fan in my bedroom is off or not? "

"Oh, sure. Anything else?"

"And, can you feed Toby?" Mark said,

"Sure! It has been a while since I played with him anyway. Goodnight oppa" You ended the call.

You stood up from your chair and streches yourself then exit your room. "Mom, I'm going next door to play with Toby" Your mum yelled out an okay and you went to Mark's house without even wearing shoes. Mark and Taeyong has been living next door two years after your family moved. They are both cousins and are NCT dance team members so it makes you guys more close. Both Taeyong and Mark look at you as their little sister. You know their passcode and enters easily. You were shock to see almost all the fans are not turn off. You sigh.But then you spotted Toby playing around with his toy.

"Toby-ah" You called sweetly and he turns, hearing his name. He is a  stray puppy which Mark and you saved a couple months ago. Toby was found in the drain, dirty and hungry. Out of pity, both of you brought him home and fed him. Now, he's healthy and very cute. "Annyeong Toby! How have you been? It has been a while , um?" The puppy wiggles his tail, happy to see you again. "Mark oppa is so mean to leave you without food. Come on! Let's go to the kitchen."  Toby follows you to the kitchen and barks when he saw you taking out his cereal. After pouring some out, Toby eat silently, while you walk to Mark's room to turn off the fan but you spotted a big picture hanging against the wall. You take a closer look at the picture. It's a picture of all of NCT dance team, a day before the big competition where Jaemin got hurt. All were smiling despite the tiring chereography. Jaemin too, as a smiling angel in the team he smiles very wide and raises his arm, happy that the competition is nearing. 

You come back to your sense and turn off the fan. Quickly, exiting Mark's apartment. You let out a relief sigh. It's a boy room, why you stay so long? You scold yourself.

 

 

Monday comes and the whole school is very loud, as a new student will come. 

"YOO HYEJI!!" You heard your name being called. You turn and saw your best friend , Jung Seul Min. She took a deep breath as she has run a lot . "Chill, girl" You try to calm her. "Did you know about that transferee?" Seul Min excitedly says. "Yeah. why?" 

"He's the granchild of the school principal! It would be a good topic to be in the magazine later. Will you come with me to do the interview? You can take a picture of him as well." Seul Min said. "Really? How do you know?" You doubt her. "If you don't believe me, you'll see later. He'll be in your class. Good luck class president!" Seul Min taps your shoulder and left happily. You sigh. Another transferee to handle. 

You walk to your class and saw ChenLe at his table, with his head down, probably sleeping. "Lele-ah" You called him as you sit down at your seat which is next to him. ChenLe nods his head but he resist to raise his head. " Sleepy? What time did you sleep?" You pat his back. "Hyungs were discussing about upcoming competition. Do you want to join?" Finally, he raise his head, looking at you. You are taken aback. You are tempted to join, but you have many things to settle. Such as you are in the school magazine project now. And your exam would make it worse. "I'll think about it. Hey, so -" you were about to ask how's the visit to Jaemin but you decided not to. ChenLe rummaged his back, looking for something. "Jaemin hyung gives you this. He's sad that you didn't come." ChenLe pass you a letter and continue to get his sleep. 

You open the letter and read

'it's not your fault Hyeji that I'm like this now. Stop blaming yourself. I'm okay now and take a good care of yourself when I'm not with you. Don't forget to smile as your smiles are the prettiest"  -NaJaem-

You smile seeing that sentence again, ever since you met Jaemin, he always ask you to smile as he said your smiles are the prettiest. It's his catchphrase now. Whenever you are sad he'll always say that sentence which will made you smile everytime.

Mr Ko enters with a transfer student which made the girls squels. "Settle down student" The teacher tried to calm them. You wake ChenLe up.

"So, here's a new student here. Please, comfortably introduce yourself"

"Hello, name given is Nam Da Reum. Nice to meet you, and I highly request that I will only be friend with someone my level." He smirks. ChenLe is piss off and murmurs . "Such a good behaviour he got there." You chuckle as you heard what your friend said. "So, Dareum , Yoo Hyeji is our class president. You can ask her anything if you need. She'll provide the best answer" Mr Ko said and pats the boy back. "You may sit now." 

DaReum walks pass you to sit behind you, with his old friend, Chanyoung. "Nice to meet you, class president" DaReum whispers from the back which made you scoffs. You know you recognise him. He's from a dance team that compete too, during the accident involving Jaemin. ChenLe whispers to you "You know him?" You just shake your head, no. That day, will only be a secret for both you and Dareum.

---

New characters!

 Nam Dareum, a dancer too, now 16 . doesn't like it if another people got in his life. Just, let see his behaviour in this story

 Jung Seul Min, your best friend, a part of NCT Dance since she's 14, now 16