Hot Americano

My Comfort 내 위안 | Na Jaemin

THURSDAY

As for today, you didn't forget to take your camera with you but you are sure that you are very sleepy right now. You had only 2 hours of sleep considering how tired you are last night but you still have to finish homework that are due today. You walk to your favourite cafe and manage to grab a cup of hot americano to make sure you won't sleep during the classes. 

You walk to your locker to fetch your book when someone whispers in your ear "Hyeji" You turn and was shocked since your hot americano splashes on his t-shirt. The boy was shock too, he glares at the you. "D-Dareum-ah! Oh my god!" You tried to find a tissue in your bag and manage to wipe some. "You'll pay for this Yoo Hyeji!" He yelled out and runs to the male restroom. "I'm sorry.." Your eyes were teary, you know how it feels, to be showered with hot drinks. You felt guilty and at that time, you see Chenle walking towards you. "Hye Hyeji"  He greets you with a smile but frown after seeing your face. "What's wrong?" The boy ask.  You look at Chenle. "D-do you perharps bring a spare school shirt?" Chenle nodded in response. "M-may I borrow it?" You ask,earning a weird look from Chenle but he didn't ask. Chenle opens his locker and grab an ironed white school shirt. "Here you go" You take Chenle's and run to the restroom that Dareum went. 

You hesitates to enter but soon you saw Chenle who's following you. "Hey Chenle. Dareum is in here, c-can you give this to him?" You points at Chenle's school shirt. "You are giving my shirt to that rude guy?" Chenle scoffs. "Please, I'm sorry that I borrow yours. But I'll wash it clean and scented, okay?" Chenle sighs. He grabs his school shirt and went inside.

You could hear Chenle conversing with Dareum inside. You waited and a few minutes later both of the boys come out. You look at Dareum. He's wearing Chenle's shirt since Chenle's has his nametag sewn on it.  "Nam Dareum, I'm sorry to cause you such trouble. I promise I'll wash both of these shirts for you." You bowed at him, but you just earn a glare from him before he walks off.  "That rude guy.. You even find a shirt for him, apologise and bows. Moreover you offered to wash his shirt, why is he acting like that." Chenle whisperes under his breath. "I was wrong, it's okay Chenle." You smiled a bit to Chenle, showing that you are fine.

During class, you couldn't focus much as you keep on thinking how to make Dareum forgives you. Did he got burnt? You take a piece of sticky note and write something on it, before passing it to Chenle. 

"Hey, did Dareum got any burn on his urm. body?"

After receiving the note, Chenle write something too.

"What makes you think I know about it?"

'Oh,so Chenle didn't see him change. Aish ' You thought. 

The bell to recess rings so you turn to face Dareum . "D-did you got hurt?" You ask but Dareum ignores you and went out with his friends. "Forget him, Hyeji. You have done  what you should." Chenle said, offering you a hand. "Let's go." You sigh and take Chenle's hand and went to recess together. 

----.

Finally, classes ended smoothly. You walk to your locker to drop the books you don't need and bring home the books with homework. As you are taking out your books, you could hear people laughing but you keep on being positive that they are laughing with their friends, You turn, everyone is looking at you. You ask them why, they pointed at your skirt. "Hyeji-ah, there's red mark on your skirt." A girl said. Some of the girls covered the boys' eyes . You gasped in shock, you turn. There it is. The red mark. But you know that you are not going through period today since it has been just 2 weeks. Chenle quickly run to you and wrap his jacket on your waist. 

"Do you have anything to take more?" Chenle said while trying to grasp for oxygen. He probably has run to get you. You shake your head,no. "Good, now let's go" Chenle wraps his arm around your shoulder and walk to the exit. "I think you should ride a bus today" Chenle said. Your eyes are b with tears. You are about to cry, you felt very humiliated. You know the students will think that you are having a period which you are not. The bus is full with people, you decided to just stand but your feelings are hurt. Chenle stands next to you. He could see that you are about to cry. He purposely went nearer to you and pulls your head to his chest. There, silently your tears drop. Chenle your hair, trying to ease your sobbing.

Suddenly, you remembered what Dareum said. 'You'll pay this back' you cried harder but you try very hard to not make any sound. Your stop is nearing. Chenle holds your hand and he pulls you out quickly when the bus stop. He looks at your face. "A-are you okay?" Chenle asks. "Chenle. I- I am not going through period today I -" You couldn't finish your sentence when Chenle cuts you.

"I know. It's Dareum's doing. He told me as soon as you leave the class. He has put red ink on your chair during recess. That jerk, I'll probably get him one day. Why is he even playing this dirty jokes on you!" This is a very rare sight of Chenle's mad. You ease him by grabbing his hand and it. "M-maybe because I spill the americano on his shirt." You said.