Interviewer

My Comfort 내 위안 | Na Jaemin

TUESDAY

The next day, you decided to walk to school because you wake up early and can't go back to sleep. You turn on your camera and take pictures of the empty road. You sigh, 'they all must have been shocked to see Seonho is back. what do I tell them? that we are on good terms?' you thought. Arriving at school, you receive a message from Seul Min.

"Hey.. I can't come to school today, my grandma passed away this morning. But, I promised the principal that I'll interview him today. Can you.. perhaps do it for me? I also promised some of the role model students too. Please, Hyeji-ah.. I'll treat you something big later!" 

You sigh, just so you thought that you can study peacefully today, but Seul Min is your bestfriend. 

"Alright~ Don't worry about it, I'll take care of it. Don't be too sad eh?" You send your message back to Seul Min which she replies with a smile emoji. You decided that you'll interview before recess because the subjects are not too heavy. You sit in your class quietly, looking at the pictures you've taken before. Suddenly you could feel dark aura coming from the door. It's Dareum, you wish that he would just walk pass you but unfortunately, he stops at your place. 

"I forgive you, and you don't have to wash my shirt. Here's your friend's school shirt. I've also wash it." He said coldly and put Chenle's shirt on your table. Then, he walk to sit at his place. You brave yourself to talk with him.

"Hey, did you got injured?" But he didn't reply. "So, why were you calling my name the other day?" You ask him, making him look at you. He send you shivers. "Just wanted to say that you don't have to keep yourself busy in my business" He said before putting his head on his table. You sigh. It's hard to approach this transferee. 

When the bell rings, you inform Chenle that you'll be gone in a while till recess. You wander around Jungkook's sunbae-nim class as you have to interview him. When he comes out his class, he looks at you. "Isn't Seul Min is the one who said she'll interview me?" He said.

"Yeah, but unfortunately she can't come to school today. So sunbae-nim.." You proceed on interviewing him for a few minutes before ended. "Oh wait, I need a photo of sunbae-nim" You said and take a picture of him. "Thank you sunbae-nim.." You bows and walk to another role model class. You've interviewed 5 role model and only just left with the principal. You walk to the principal's office and stop when you arrive. You take a deep breath, nervous. But you could hear that the principal is scolding someone.

" Why are you being a bully? Your behaviour brings shame to me! " You could hear someone being slap and you gasp. Soon, the door open to reveal Dareum. He was shock to see you too. You could see tears in his eyes and the red slap mark on his cheek. He storms off quickly. From inside, you could hear the principal calling you.

"Yoo Hyeji , are you here for the interview?" He asks and you answered him with a yes. He invited you to come in but before you could ask him the questions, he bombared you with his question. "I know Dareum is in your class. As a class president and your grade best student, will you fix his behaviour? He was a very good kid but now at home, there's a conflict between his parents, that is why he's a rebellious now." The principal said.  You just smile and nod, not knowing if you should interfere with Dareum or not.

During recess, you have no energy left to go to the cafe. You have been walking all around the school, so you told Chenle that you wanted to sleep for a while.

At the cafeteria, Jaemin is waiting for you but he couldn't see you anywhere, but he saw Chenle and Jisung. Jaemin approaches Chenle and asks where are you.

"She's sleeping in the class. She has been doing interview since morning and she said she couldn't walk anymore. That's why she wants to take a nap." Chenle said. Jaemin gave him a weird look. "Isn't she a photographer? Why is she interviewing now?" Jaemin asks. "Seul Min's grandma passed away this morning, that is why" Jisung answered and he just nod before leaving the two to buy a milk and bread for you.

He walks to your class and saw you alone in the class, sleeping. He walks nearer and sit at Chenle's seat. He brushes your hair. "Why are you always the one suffering?" He said. Soon, he left leaving the food on her table with a sticky note.

The bell rings and when Chenle enters the class, he could see you are still sleeping. He wakes you up and you saw the food Jaemin left for you. You read the sticky note.

'Don't overwork yourself, you'll be sick. Take care of yourself first okay?' -najaem

You smiled and take a sip on the milk, the teacher hasn't come in yet. Dareum walks in the class and send you a glare. He walks pass your table, and accidently pull your camera too, making your camera fall on the floor. The whole class is silent at the moment. Dareum was shocked too. You pick up the camera and try to turn it on, but it didn't work. Chenle was speechless too. Dareum was about to apologize but the teacher already enter the class.

The whole class, you tried to hide your tears. Your precious camera is now broken.  Chenle keeps on looking at you, worried. 

After school ended, you said to Chenle that he should stop following you and assured him that you are okay. Giving up, Chenle walks his way home.  You bring your camera home and cried in your pillow. Seonho is at home, worried that you had your face down. He enters your room and your back. "Are you okay?" He asks. You shook your head. Seonho hugs you. "What's wrong? Mind telling me?" You didn't answer him but cried. He could only said reassuring words, but he actually didn't know what is wrong with you.

At 8 o'clock, you wear your practice clothes as you already promise the boys to meet up after dinner. You promise your mother that you'll be back before 11 and you made sure to bring your phone.

Entering the dance room, you could hear the music blasting and everyone is practicing. They said hi to you and you just nod, putting your bag on the sofa. You take off your jacket before walking to them. "Alright, let's practice what we have" But the boys didn't seem to move. Everyone is looking at you. You know that your eyes are swelling because you cried earlier, so you tried your best to hide your face. 

"We heard about what happen today. Are you okay?" Doyoung asks you but you just nod, turning on the music. "Get in position everybody!" You scream, trying to erase all the sadness. This is also what you do if you are sad.

The practice was called to an end at 10.40 p.m. Everyone is lying around the floor. " Hyeji.. You know that we have savings right? Do you want to use that to repair your camera?" Taeyong asks you. You look at him. "No, it's okay. The savings are for entering competition right?" You said, picking up your bag. "We already paid to enter this competition and it turns out there's a lot more left. You can take some" Jaehyun said.

"Yeah! The purpose for the money was also to help members in trouble right?" Mark said. "Here, take all of these and get your camera repair." Yuta said, handing you NCT's piggy bank. You are touch by their kindness. "Gosh, you guys are just making me teared up again." You said, wiping your eyes. Haechan gives you a hug. "We are family, Hyeji. If you are in trouble, we are ready to help" You saw Jaemin's expression and it's not good so you end up chuckling. But everyone thought you are laughing to cover your sadness.

"Thank you everyone. I'll repair my camera with this money, and hand the leftover back here." You said and keep the piggy bank in your bag before walk out from the base. You could hear someone catching up with you. It's Jaemin.

"Hey.. You okay now?" Jaemin ask you, walking you home.

"What about me? It should be you, are you okay?" You jokingly ask but Jaemin look at you weirdly, can't understand what you are talking about. 

"So, you are okay with Haechan giving me a hug? Okay, I'll ask him to hug me again when I'm sad. His hug was so warm" You said, receiving a shush from Jaemin, he's totally annoyed now. You giggled. "But yours are warmer" You said which made him smile. He holds your hand and walk home together with you.

-------.

I miss Jaemin

I miss Jaemin .. why SM don't let him do insta live??? Want to hear his voice so much!