Yooji ...

My Comfort 내 위안 | Na Jaemin

"Jaemin! Where are you going?" Jeno voice could be heard before he storms off from the hall. It can't be like this, Hyeji has suffer too much. Yes, he knows that Hyeji is frustrated that no one in the group talks to her. He knows that he is too dumb to not comfort her. He should have, because he knows you trust him the most, but he breaks the trust.

Jaemin hail a taxi and said his destination, Yonhui Hospital. 

Arriving there, Jaemin was shocked, the fire got so fierce and he could hear people's crying. He looks around for you but he couldn't find. He tried to ask the firemen but they are too busy to help people. He groans. He tried to call for your phone but it always go to mail voice. He looks around, figuring out a female with familiar school uniform, looking at the building. He slowly walks to her, tapping her shoulder from the back.The girl turns, with a lot of tears.

"J-Jaemin-ah" You cried in his shoulder, Jaemin lets out a relieve and shaky breath. Relieve that he found you. He hugs you, trying to comfort you.

"T-the ambulance took her to another hospital.. bu-but it's no use.. She's gone" You cried. Jaemin looks at your hand, there's blood. Probably Yooji's. Jaemin knows how much you love her, Yooji basically grows up with you.  Jaemin hugs you tighter and your hair. "Which hospital, Hyeji?" He asks.

"Honsei" You said, still not letting go of Jaemin's school uniform. Jaemin holds your hand and took a taxi. Arriving there, you could see a lot of reporters since all the patients are being transferred here.You try to search for your parents and Seonho around the ICU. They got here earlier than you. You run to them and hug your mother. Your mother also cried a lot. Jaemin walks to your dad and bows, your dad replied with a small smile, he's hurting too. He just lost a child, a precious one. "M-mom.. Y-Yooji is gone" You cried loudly, your mom tried to ease you. "I know darling.. but she did good, before she's gone. She saves three person's life." Your mum said.

"She's not suppose to be gone!" You scream. Seonho comes to you and give you a hug too. "I know, Hyeji. We all know" 

The doctor comes out and bows apologetically to your family. I'm sorry, we can't save her. You may see her. The father, please come with me to arrange her funeral" The doctor said. You heard what the doctor said, it makes your leg weak, but Seonho manage to catch you. "Hyeji.. please don't be like this." Seonho said, tearing up seeing you in this state.

Jaemin follows the family in to see Yooji. He holds your hand tightly, giving you strength. The blood on her face is nowhere, the nurses must have clean them. Upon seeing your sister, your mother cried, holding the cold hands. "Oh my god, my Yooji. Why do you have to go so fast. I haven't got the chance to see you get married. My daughter did well" You cried hearing your mothers sad cries. You let go of Jaemin's hand and walk to the cold body of Yooji's. "Unnie.." You couldn't utter a word, it's too saddening. 

She sacrifies her own life, to save others. Your dad comes in, he teared up but he just hold it in, knowing he has to be strong for your family. 

That night, a memorial is being held for 3 days before burial. You wore the black gown. Your eyes are swollen. You walk in the room with a picture of your sister's and smile a bit, before tears dropping. You are still smiling, Yooji. You thought. Few minutes later, a lot of people come to pay their respect. You stayed in the room with Seonho while your mother and father busy thanking people for coming. There's a lot of media outside the building because there's about 19 people died in the tragedy. 

You saw many of your sister's friends come to pay their last respect. There's your classmate too. They ask you to be strong and send their condolences to your family, but you could just stare at your sister's picture. You are remembering every moment you spend with her. You could feel Seonho nudging you and ask to look at the door. It's your members. You look back at your sister's picture. I told you my friends are nice. You don't have to worry. You whispered. The members notice your swollen eyes and how you look at the picture without glancing at them. 

One by one bows to the dead. After that, they went to a place with a lot of table to have some soup. " I need to get some air" You said to Seonho and he nods. You walk out from the building alone. You hold your phone, dialling a number. 

"I miss you. You haven't come back for a week, and now you are gone forever. Are you listening to me? I said i miss you" You said, crying. 

"The number you dial is not on service" The machine answers. 

You let out a painful scream. "Andwae.. Yooji is still here" You cried. Suddenly, you felt someone hugs you from the back. Soothing you. " You are right, Yooji is still here. Watching you crying" The boy said. You turn, seeing Jaemin. His eyes are swollen too, you know he's close to Yooji too and it also affect him that she's gone. You look at Jaemin in the eyes. " Right? Yooji is here.." You said. Jaemin nods.

 "And she'll not like it to see you cry. She badly wants you to stop crying, its hurting her too that she can't comfort you." Jaemin wipes your tears with his thumbs. " She badly wants to tell you too that she misses you and she's sorry for not visiting you for a week. But she can't."Jaemin whispers. 

"She's here, but her world is different now, Hyeji. We can't see her but she can." Jaemin is slowly trying to make you accept the fact now that she's gone forever. You cried in his chest. He your hair again. It always calms you a bit.  "Let's get in, it's getting colder" Jaemin said. He grabs your hand and pulls you in. Seonho saw you are coming in with Jaemin and right at the moment Seonho doesn't feel annoyed by the sight of Jaemin. He's relieve that someone comforted his younger twin. 

After 3 days of memorial being held, it's the day of burial. You can't cry anymore, your tears are dry. You stood next to Seonho, staring at Yooji's thumbstone. You and Seonho decided to stay a bit, while your parents wait in the car.

"She's really gone right?" You ask, your voice is soar, tired of crying. Seonho nods. "She's gone for good." He added. 

At home, you stared at the pictures on the wall, one part of the wall that you make it only for your pictures with Yooji. She's smiling in all of the pictures. You teared up again but you quickly wipe away the tears, you have promise your brother not to cry in the room, alone. You sigh." I was grateful to have a brave sister like you. I.. will follow your steps and be what I want to be" You said, before went to sleep.

The next day, you went to school as usual because it will be an examination day. Your parents already told you that if you don't do well on this exam, it's okay because you haven't had time to study. When you walk down the hallway, students are giving you pity looks when looking at your swollen eyes. You could only stare down on the floor, embarrassed. You went to your locker and pick up some books to revise. Suddenly a black cap is being place on your head. 

You look back, looking at Haechan, giving you a bit smile. "I let you borrow it for today. Hyeji-ah, fighting!" Haechan said, giving you a squeeze on your shoulder. Renjun makes his way to you, "Here, I'll lend you my round glasses today" Renjun wears them for you. You were shocked by their sudden interaction, but that made you smile a bit. "Thank you" You said. Chenle also notices that they flock around you and make his way there, "Hyeji. We'll have Science later. I'll give a bit of questions for warm up" Chenle said. You nods and make your way to class. Renjun and Haechan bid goodbye to you.

You are happy that you could at least answer all the questions Chenle asks. "You don't have to worry. I know you'll make it! Even if you drop, I know people will understand. " Chenle said, making you slap his arms. "Don't say it like that! I want to pass this test beautifully" You said, letting out a chuckle. Chenle grins, actually relieve that you look less sad now. 

During the exam, you are not sure that you got the answers correctly or not but you know you've did your best. The bell rings and the teacher has collected all your papers. Chenle looks at you with a smile. He raise a thumbs up and tilt his head a bit, asking if you did good. You nod, with a smile. During recess, Chenle drags you all the way to the usual place where maknae members eat. You are not sure if you want to join but the grip on Chenle's hand is too tight. 

Everyone welcomes you. "Hyeji-ah, I made this rolled egg for you!" Jaemin said, handing out a tupperware. You smile, "Thank you, but I'm not hungry. I've eat too much for breakfast" Everyone is silence, looking at you. Trying to look traces if you are lying. "Eat some, I made it just for you" Jaemin said. You shakes your head, "Haechan, you can have these if you want" You push Jaemin's tupperware to Haechan. Jaemin was hurt, but he has to understand you. You just drink some mineral water and look at them eating.

Chenle has brought along English textbook and decided to make some quiz with you, but it ended up with all of you joining. 

"Okay, so next let's do conversation . Let's go Haechan and Seulmin! Let's see the how fluent you are" Jeno said excitedly.

"Hey, you should study more!" Seul Min attacks Haechan.

"For what?" Haechan replied.

"You will get good marks"

"Then?"

Seulmin hesitates "You will get good salary"

"Then?" Haechan teasingly asking, probably that's the only English word he knows.

"Y-You can get new car and house!"

"Okay, then?"

"You can relax " Seulmin almost give up.

"What do you think I'm doing now?" Haechan smirks.

"RELAX!" Everybody laughs. Seul Min slaps her forehead, admitting her lost.  Haechan claps his hands, "You guys are smart" Haechan said in English. "Oh God if Mark hyung listens to this, you'll get beaten,Haechan hyung" Jisung laughs. "At least I make uri Hyeji laugh" Haechan said, you put up a thumbs up, satisfied with his joke.

After English test, which you find easy, you went home with the other members. This is the first time for all the maknaes heading home together. They all decided to walk to take in good air.

You return home and found Seonho, sitting on the sofa. "Hyeji. I don't want you to move school. I want you to stay here. " Seonho said. You are confuse.

"Eh?"

"I know applying you to that school is good for you, but you are happier here, with your friends. I don't want to see you sad in the new school. I want you to stay" 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5634716b434b4b6964505f4437513d3d2d3531303937313831302e313530326138313236386430303931643637353035343836333234322e6a7067