Beginning

My Comfort 내 위안 | Na Jaemin

Rain, the most calming sounds that you prefer to hear. Every day, you would just wish the rain will fall. If it rains for a day long, you would not hesitate to just walk in the rain, without an umbrella.

 

“HyeJi-ah! I’ve already told you to stop walking in the rain! You’ll get sick” You didn’t feel the rain anymore. You look up , it’s an umbrella. You look at the person who’s holding the umbrella for you,Zhong Chenle. He’s from China and moved here last two years because his father got an job in Korea. “I could skip a day school then.School is boring , nowadays” You sigh

 

“Is it because of Jaemin hyung?” ChenLe guessed.

 

That particular name that made your heart beat goes like a train. Jaemin, Na Jaemin. You clear your throat as you continue walking with ChenLe who’s beside you, holding the umbrella. “I hope hyung recovers fast, so you will stop drenching yourself in the rain.” ChenLe said. You smiled as you wish the same.

 

Jaemin hurts himself during a dance competition. He fell on his back but continued dancing while hiding his hurt . You regretted you didn’t stop him and you felt at fault and that is the only reason why you still didn’t visit him. “Let’s take a visit to the hospital tomorrow” ChenLe suggested. You look at him. “ No I don’t want to bother him. He should just rest and get better.” You said. “I just thought you want to follow us. All of us are going to visit him because he said he was bored and he said that we could take you as well. That means, he misses you” ChenLe said. I look at the ground, ‘Should I go? Jaemin seems like he misses me, but I’m afraid I’m going to cry out of guilt’

 

“No it’s okay. I just want to do homework and get some rest. This week is tiring.” ChenLe responded with just a nod. After he drops me at home, he went straight to his home which is the next building of mine.

 

 

It is 8 p.m. you straight away went to your room after dinner and turn on your Mcbook. You check your blog which a lot of people commented good things on your new pictures. You love photography and you decided to share it on your blog, which could make people happy by looking at it.You notices you've  got a new message from Jaemin. Your heart beats so fast you thought it wil burst.

 

 

JAEMIN: Hyeji-ah! Would you come tomorrow?

 

‘So he’s hoping me to come’ You thought.

 

HYEJI: I don’t know. Should I come?

 

You didn’t have to wait for long as he replied quickly.

 

JAEMIN: Oh.. I just hope you’ll come. It’s quiet boring here. But if you don’t want to come, then it’s okay. I don’t really force you to come. I know you are busy and tired.

 

HYEJI: I’ll think about it.

 

JAEMIN: Oh! HyeJi-ah! Please say thank you to your mum. She made my favourite soup last time she visited me.

 

HYEJI: My mum visited you?

 

JAEMIN: Yep. She stop by my ward while taking the medicines for you. I hope you’ll not get sick and stop playing in the rain. It’s not good. Moreover, you are a girl. It’s dangerous. I’m thankful that ChenLe volunteered to help me, protecting you.

 

 

You were shocked. By the fact that your mum bought you medicines because you were sneezing and coughing since last week . And also because Jaemin is worried of you and even asked ChenLe for help.

 

JAEMIN: Hyeji? Are you there?

HYEJI: Yes. Yes ,um I’m afraid I have to go right now. Sorry!!

JAEMIN: No. It’s okay!

 

*HyeJi logs off*

 

 

“Mum! Mummy!!” You called out while going out from your room to see her. “ Yes honey?” Your mum replied and you quickly went to her and hug her. “Aigoo. Why is it?” Your mum pets your head. “ That medicine, which I refuse to eat. Where is it?” You asked your mum while still hugging her.

 

“I thought you--”

“Now I feel like it. I don’t want to get sick. I have to take care of you too” You said. Your mum smiles softly . “It’s in the small drawer at your dressing table. I thought it will be easier for you to find it.” You smiled at your mum and gives her cheeks’ kisses. “Thanks mum. I’ll eat it well.” You walk to your room and turn to your mum as she called you. “ Please don’t just walk in the rain. I’ve bought you a small umbrella. It’s on your bed. Make sure to put it in your bag okay?” Your mum said and you smiled.

 

 

 

The next day, it’s weekend so your mum didn’t wake you up as usual. But at 7.30 am you are already wide awake. You look up at the mirror. A skinny figure standing there, it’s your sister who works as a nurse at the hospital which Jaemin was in, YooJi.

 

“You home?” You asked her. “Yes. I stayed at the hospital for 2 days. I’m worn out.” She jumps on the bed and hug you like a teddy bear. “Yooji! You are 24! I’m not your bear!” You push her away. Your sister pouts but then she sighs. “Are you not going to visit Jaemin? He always looks at me with that eyes”

 

“What eyes?”

“You know, I think he messaged me to ask you to visit him. Through his mind. Whenever I look at him. His eyes are always like that. I think you should stop blaming yourself.” YooJi said.

“I can’t. If I had stopped him before he fell, he would just be okay. I told him already that the hoverboard was dangerous. Yet, he still did dangerous action!” You explained.

“Then it isn’t your fault as you’ve stop him”

“I.. just can’t face him right now or maybe I will cry later, in front of him “ You said

“I’m too lazy to talk with you now. I’m tired.” YooJi face the other side and fall into a deep slumber.

“I wish you could understand that.” You whispered.

---

New character here!

" />  Yoo YooJi , 24, a nurse , a reliable sister to HyeJi