Chapter 7 - Insoles

You Belong With Me

 

That Night

Your POV

After finishing my homework I took a shower and got ready for bed. It had been a long day. I still felt a little weird about being pulled onto Jonghyun’s lap. I wonder if people usually do that here in Korea to people they just met?

I noticed that my blinds were still pulled over my window. I walked over to them and peeked out. There was another piece of paper taped on the window.

Remember. Eight o’clock. :)

I smiled to myself.

The Next Day

Jonghyuns POV

“YAH! We have to leave! Come on!” I yelled at Key. Onew, Minho, Taemin and I had been waiting at the breakfast table for a half hour. Key messed up his hair this morning so he had to retake his shower and restyle his hair, “WE ARE GOING TO BE LATE! We can’t be late! Its only Katie’s second day of school!”

Key finally emerged from the bathroom and walked to the front door. I stood up and walked over to him. He looked at me strangely.

“What?” I asked.

“There’s something different about you… I just can’t figure it out…” he said. His expression turned from confusion to amusement, “HAHAHA I figured it out! You-you’re TALLER! HAHA HOW MANY INSOLES ARE YOU WEARING TODAY???”

Oh . I blushed. Minho walked over to us.

“It looks like he’s 10 centimeters higher, hyung.”

“HAHAHA why Jjong?!” said Key doubling over laughing.

. Why do you need to know? I blushed again.

“I know whyyyy,” sung Taemin. I turned to Taemin and glared at him. If he says what I think he’s going to say, the guys will NEVER let me live it down. He better not say – “Hyung likes Katie noona!” DAMN YOU TAEMIN! “anddd he’s embarrassed because she’s taller than him so he’s wearing the insoles to be taller than her!”

I was bright red. Key turned to look at me with a smirk on his face. “I KNEW IT! THAT’S WHY YOU OFFERED TO TAKE HER TO SCHOOL!”

I pushed my way through to the door and went outside. Just as I did Katie was coming out of her house. I watched her lock the door and walk down the front steps. She saw me and smiled. Her smile is beautiful. It lights up her face. I walked over and hugged her. “Good morning!” I said brightly.

SHINee had followed me out. Taemin bounced over to Katie. “GOOD MORNING, NOONA! GUESS WHAT?! JONGHYUN – “ I slapped my hand over Taemin’s mouth. Katie gave us a confused look.

“Time to go to school!” I sang blushing. I opened the car door and gestured for her to get in. She climbed into the back and Taemin climbed in next to her. I’m going to have to keep an eye on them. we had a van so we all fit in easily with Taemin and Katie in the very back, Onew and I in the middle, Minho driving and Key in the passenger seat.

“So are you excited for today noona?” asked Taemin.

Your POV

“So are you excited for today noona?” Taemin asked me.

“Taemin… I’m not your noona. I’m younger than you.”

“REALLY? NO WAY!” he hugged me, “I HAVE A DONGSAENG!”

“Wait,” said Onew, “How are you younger than Taemin and in junior classes?”

“I don’t really know,” I said blushing. I don’t like to brag about my grades. “I guess I’m just good at school.

Key turned around and beamed at me proudly. He looked at Jonghyun. “MY SON HAS DONE WELL!”

Wtf? What does that mean? Key doesn’t have a son. I’m so confused. First Taemin trying to tell me something and Jonghyun stopping him and now this? am I missing something?

Jonghyun smacked Key on the back of the head.

“YAH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?”

“You know what it was for,” mumbled Jonghyun.

We finally arrived at school and got out of the car. Jonghyun helped me out by holding my hand.

(like this. ignore girl.)

He is so nice. We walked to our lockers together and I noticed something. He was taller than me. I could have sworn he was shorter or at least the same height as me yesterday. Hmmmm. That’s weird.

I looked up and caught him staring at me. He smiled. I smiled back. He just kept smiling. Finally I looked away blushing. We had reached our lockers. I grabbed my stuff and prepared for the day.

The first half of the day went pretty quickly. Jonghyun and I met Cho Sook for lunch and went to get our food. Jonghun carried my food and his to the same table as yesterday. Why is he doing all of this? Minho, Onew, Taemin, Key, Sooyoung, and Sunny joined us.

“Hey guys!” I said brightly. Key sat down right next to me.

“Hey Katie!” he said smiling warmly.

We started eating.

“So Katie,” said Key, “I was thinking that we should go shopping together.”

“Sure,” I said, “but why?”

“I want to make sure you have some cute clothes,” he said, “Pictures of you will be all over the internet eventually. Wouldn’t you like to look nice in them?”

“Umm sure? Why are there going to be pictures of me on the internet?”

“Because – “

“Because you’re hanging out with SHINee,” interrupted Jonghyun. He gave Key a look.

“Yeah. You’re hanging out with idols. And who knows? You may be posing next to one of them someday…” he said mysteriously. I noticed Jonghyun blushing.

“Oh okay then,” I said, “That sounds okay.”

“You are going to be so much fun to dress!” he beamed at me, “What with your figure, face, hair, complexion… oh and not to mention your gorgeous eyes! We are going to have so much fun!”

After Lunch.

I walked to English with Jonghyun and sat down next to Hero. He looked up and leaned over to me. “Hey,” he said placing his hand on my knee, “Are you feeling okay?”

“Yeah,” I said, “Why?”

“Just. I heard what happened yesterday. I thought you might feel a little upset.”

“No I’m fine,” I smiled at him, “Thanks though.”

He rubbed his hand up and down my thigh. “You are quite welcome. Just let me know if you need someone to talk to.”

His hand was still rubbing my leg. This is not okay.

“Yeah,” I pushed his hand off of my leg, “I’ll be sure to do that.”

Class started and I noticed someone looking at me. I turned slightly around. Jonghyun was glaring at Hero and I. when he that I had noticed he tried to smile at me but his eyes were trained on Hero.

After School.

Jonghyun had been a little upset the rest of the day. He had walked me to my classes glaring at the ground and after school on the way home he didn’t say a word. When we arrived home SHINee minus Jonghyun ran straight inside saying goodbye to me.

Jonghyun just stood outside the car. I started to walk to my door when Jonghyun stopped me by putting a hand on my shoulder.

“Hey,” he said, “Can I talk to you for a second?”

“Sure.”

“Erm. I was. Well. I was wonderingwhathappenedtodaywithKimJaejoong?”

Surprisingly I understood what he said.

“Nothing. He just wanted to know how I was and told me if I needed to talk he was there.”

Jonghyun looked angry. “That’s what I was afraid of.”

What is he talking about?

“Look, Katie. I think you should stay away from him. Kim Jaejoong is bad news. He – well let’s just say he doesn’t always do the nicest things.”

 

New chapter!

Sorry for not updating in a couple days. It was another busy week. D:

I just wanted to thank everyone for subscribing and commenting! I really enjoy reading your comments. It helps me keep writing! So, THANK YOU!

As always, comment and subscribe please!

PS – I just noticed that my macros I have been posting haven’t been working >:[

I guess ill just post links from now on.

this made me die laughing XD

http://yeahkpopmacros.tumblr.com/post/2162591131/created-by-elitedarklorddragonslayer314159