The Big Move

You Belong With Me

 

God my life . I DON’T WANT TO MOVE! I DON’T WANT TO LEAVE MY FRIENDS! . MY. LIFE.

My favorite song from my favorite band plays in the background while I attempt to pack. “I can be the oneeeeee. I will never let you fall. I’ll stand up with you foreverrr.” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRehmX3zlwE ) God I love Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

My “packing” was not working out. I would start to pull things out of my closet and get stuck remembering everything that I ever did while wearing that piece of clothing or where I got that stuffed animal. I pulled out an old Barbie doll that I used to play with when I was a kid. My older cousin and I used to play with Barbies constantly. I had more clothes for my Barbie doll than I had for myself. I slowly put her into the box of my old toys that was going to be left at my grandma’s house because we couldn’t take it with us right now because of the money. Everything that we wanted to keep but couldn’t bring with us was going to her house. I was only supposed to be keeping a few toys at her house and throwing the rest away but my grandma promised she’d take as much as I wanted to put there and hide it for me. She always used to do that. She was my partner in crime. She would feed me ice cream before dinner and let me watch extra TV before bed even though my parents had a strict no ice cream except on weekends rule and only 1 ½ hours of TV a day rule. I had already filled 3 boxes with things that I couldn’t bear to throw away.

We’re leaving tomorrow for South Korea. My parents just recently got new jobs that are based there and they’re making me go with them. I cried when they told me and my friends are acting like I have cancer and I am going to die when I leave. I feel like it. I hope they don’t forget me. I’m afraid they will. I’m afraid I’ll forget them.

I’ve been packing for three weeks straight now and after a few more hours I’m finally done. My room looks sad and lonely without my dark purple bedding and my posters of Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Taylor Lautner (no, I’m not a twihard. Yes, I love Taylor Lautner.).

I drag my last bag down the stairs and lay it next to the rest. All of our furniture that we’re taking has already been shipped to Korea. I’ve been enrolled in a school there. We’ve bought a house there. This is really happening. I’ve been hoping that I would wake up and it would turn out to be a dream. Guess that’s not happening. It’s the middle of my sophomore year. How can they make me leave now? I’ve just gotten settled with my life and now they’re uprooting me and I’m going to have to start all over again.

Like I said. . My. Life.

“Katie, are you ready to go?” asks my mom as she walks out of the bathroom running a brush through her blond hair.

“Yeah, I guess so.” I say. She throws her brush in her bag and we walk out to the car which my dad brought around. We throw our stuff into the back and I get into the car next to my little eleven year old brother. He has his ipod in. I can hear the most likely inappropriate-for-an-eleven-year-old-rap music blasting way too loud in his ear.

We drive to the airport and check our bags. As we walk towards our gate I people watch. I see some hot guys looking at me from across the way. I didn’t think I was looking too good in my airport outfit (http://i.ysi.bz/Assets/GalleryImage/52/943/L_g0014394352.jpg) but by the way they were looking at me it seems they could beg to differ. We arrived at the gate and sat down waiting for our flight to be called.

I pull out my phone. I already had about 10 texts from my friends all asking me to A. call them B. come live with them (don’t think I haven’t already tried that) or C take them with me. I put my headphones in and start to listen to music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNcgwuZZsTc ) while I answer them all.

“Now boarding flight 501 to Seoul, South Korea.” Says a female voice over the intercom.

We stand up and walk towards the entrance to the plane. We give them our tickets and board it. I end up sitting next to my brother and lean back my head waiting for take off. I start to hyperventilate as we start down the runway and lift into the air (I’m deathly afraid of airplanes, especially at take off and landing.). I feel better when we’re in the air.

Landing is just as difficult for me if not worse. The landing in Korea signifies the ending of my life the way I knew it.  We get off the plane and head towards where we pick up our bags. Everything here is in Korean. Everyone here is short. So much shorter than me. At least, the girls are. The guys are around my height and maybe some are a bit taller. Damn my tallness. How am I going to find a boyfriend here if they’re all shorter than me? Damn it.

We catch a cab to our new town house in Seoul. My parents haven’t said much to me since the scene I made when I found out we were leaving.

*flashback*

I walk into the house on the phone with my friend after school. “I’m sorry Maria! I can’t! I have a family dinner tonight.” … “Ugh I know. I miss you too” … “I know we haven’t hung out in a while” … “Can we do it tomorrow?” … “Haha alright let’s do it! Bye!” I close my phone.

“Hey mom!” I say as I walk into the kitchen. I kiss her on the cheek and ask, “What’s for dinner?”

“We’re having steak tonight!” she says with a smile, “and we’ve got some news! It’s really great!”

Hmm I wonder what it is. “Okay” I say as I walk to my room and start my homework. (yeah right. We all know what im really doing. Getting on the internet and listening to music.)

A few hours later my mom calls me down to dinner. I sit down in my usual spot and start to eat.

“Wait for your father and I to sit down!” my mom says, “No eating until everyone is sitting at the table and we have shared our surprise.”

Damn. I want to eat. My stomach growls. My brother and dad slowly walk into the kitchen. Finally we’re all sitting down.

“I – we have an announcement to make,” my dad says, “and Katie I’m not sure how you’re going to take it so I’m just going to put it out there. Your mother and I have… well we’ve been promoted to a new position–“

“THAT’S GREAT!” I squeal.

“and the position is based in South Korea.” My jaw dropped, “We’re moving there in three weeks. I expect you both,” he looked at my brother and I, “to start packing tomorrow.”

My heart felt like it had stopped.

*end flashback*

I think my heart did stop when I was told. I ran to my room after that and didn’t come out for three whole days.

We finally arrived at the new town house. It certainly was nice looking. The two town houses on either side of it were quite close which made me worry about privacy but oh well, I’ll deal with it. We walked into the house and looked around. It was really nice inside and it was huge! I walked up the stairs and found the bedrooms. I picked the second biggest one (the largest being my parents. Ha my brother gets the small one >:]) with a large window on one of the walls. I put my stuff on the floor and flung myself onto my bed which must have been delivered earlier that week. I curled up into a ball. I was so tired. I was almost asleep when I had this feeling that I was being watched. I sat up in bed and looked around. There was no one else in my room. Huh this is weird. I looked out my window and saw that it faced the wall of another house. Another window actually. That lined up perfectly with mine. (kinda like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuNIsY6JdUw ) And on the other side of that window was the most perfect specimen of a man I had ever seen. He had perfectly styled brown hair and he was looking –

 

Right. At. Me.

 

 

Hey guys! This is my first fanfic so I hope you enjoy it! I know this chapter was superrr boring. :P but I promise some action in the next one!

Please comment and subscribe! Constructive criticism is encouraged! Sometimes i don't realize that I haven't explained some things because in my head I have I just haven't done it on paper.

<3