Chapter 3 - First Day of School :P

You Belong With Me

 

The next morning I had to go to school. :P Yeah I know. Second day I’m there and I’m forced to go to school. God I hate school. Not only does it take away six to seven hours of your life, but it then forces you to do around four more hours of work when you get home! I don’t know about Korean child labor laws but that’s above the American child labor law’s maximum amount of hours. CHILD ABUSERS!

Ughhhh. So I have to wear this uniform (http://www.uspoliticsonline.com/attachments/abortion-civil-rights-healthcare-other-social-issues/9379d1224939963-another-mark-plus-column-school-uniforms-img_4799.jpg the one on the far right, her facial expression makes me laugh XD) which is definitely better than my old uniform (http://fwnet.ipower.com/images/2009/07/princess_diaries01.jpg), but still. I hate uniforms. I’m starting to sound like I hate everything. I promise I like some things. Especially boys. :D Yep I’m boy crazy. My old school back in America was an all girls school and from what my parents have told me, this new school is not. Excited? Yes. Worried about having the ability to pay attention when surrounded by the male ? Yes. Do I think I have the ability to pay attention around the male ? Not. A. Chance.

I caught a ride to school from my mom after eating my breakfast. I was afraid of looking out the window the whole morning. I was afraid it would A be there or B not be there. Both possibilities were scary. If it were A that would mean a weirdo had left me a note calling me beautiful and I would be creeped out. If it were B then that would mean said weirdo who also happens to be really hot possibly did not leave me a message telling me that I am beautiful and that means that my subconscious made up the letter because of my low self esteem, thus lowering it even further. Also I enjoy getting compliments.

I decided to risk it and sneak a peek out of the window. Yup. Still there. Being the vain person I am that made me super happy but I had to look a little dignified so I got out a piece of paper and wrote; WTF? in big letters and taped it on my window.

-------------------

I caught a ride with my mom to school after eating some frosted flakes (my favorite cereal). I was starting to get a little nervous about going to a new school and having no friends here. I missed my friends. A LOT. I had almost started tearing up thinking about it when I got a text from my best friend in America, Jennifer.

From: Jennifer<3

Have a great first day at your new Asian school! You’re going to be fine. They’ll all love you! Who wouldn’t? Call me when ya get finished and tell me about it, kay? I miss you tons. Love ya! <3 x a billion

I texted her back.

To: Jennifer<3

Haha thanks! I hope they do! I will I promise! I love you too! ttyl!

Just talking to my old BFF made me feel loads better. I started to become a little more confident about the day when we pulled up to the school.

“Have a good day sweetie! You’ll do fine!” said my mom as she kissed me on the cheek, “I’ll pick ya up at 3 o’clock okay? I love you!”

“Okay. Love you too.” I mumbled as I stepped out of the car. The school looked pretty big. I walked to through the front doors and finally realized how tall I really was. DAAAAAMN. Girls here are shorrrrrrrrrrrrrrt. The guys were okay and extremely good looking. It’s going to be tough to pay attention to school around this lot. Most of them are around my height or a bit taller but I still stuck out like a sore thumb. People stared at me as I walked to the front office.

“H-hi” I stuttered to the nice looking woman at the front desk, “um my name is Katie. Katie S-sullivan, and um I was told to come to the office because this is my first day here and-“

“OH! Hello!” she cut me off in english, “You’re the new student from America?” I nodded. “Okay here is your schedule,” she said handing me a sheet of paper with blocked classes on it. How nice. They did it in English for me. “We have arranged for a student to show you around today. His name is – well I’m sure he’ll want to introduce himself to you. He always does. Quite a charmer that boy. He’s very intelligent too. Best in the school at English. He’s also in a popular band here in Korea. I can never pronounce their name but – OH! Here he is!” she squeaked gesturing towards the door behind me.

 

Haha how was this one? I really hope you like it! It’s a little short. I wanted to try a cliff hanger and also get something up for you guys. It’s not much of a cliff hanger because you guys probably already know who it is butttt still. Its an attempt. I’ll have the next one up soon. Like tonight/this morning (whatever midnightish means to you) or tomorrow afternoon/my morning.

I really apologize for not updating the last three days. It’s thanksgiving time for us Americans and for my family that means DRAMA. Ughhh

So I’ve been busy. Please don’t hate me.

Anyway I’m sorry (again)!

And please please please comment and subscribe!

ILY! <3