An Intervention

The Veela's Mate

Related image

 

"Thank you for coming here today Mr Lee."

Jiyong spread his wings involuntarily as he saw glances travelling towards him. He understand that they were suprised to see him here; there were probably people who hadn't heard about Seungri's veela bond, or others were suprised that he let his mate appear in public at all, and some who just wanted to sneer at him. Probably because of the rumor that Seungri had strongly reject their bond but whatever it is, he really hoped that they can stop staring. They had seen it now, and there is no reason to go on thinking that Seungri is alone, could they just stop staring at him?

And of course, there were also people who he wished to stop looking at Seungri. Lucas or whatever his name was who currently sitting on the last row of chairs before the stage in the hall. That guy probably have been looking at a patch of blank air instead of Jiyong, but Seungri might seems like a blazing comet to him. 

He shifted restlessly on his chair, trying to ease his restless feeling. His mate had been invited by the dean of their university to deliver a speech about his good achievement in studies and some like that to the university new intake for their orientation weeks. Probably, to fuel their spirit to study and inspire them to be a good student like Seungri and since Seungri didn't have anything to do because his plan is canceled; thanks to Jiyong, he agreed. 

Jiyong know that telling Seungri that he couldn't go will bring up another pointless arguments, so he though very unwilling, let his mate do it. He thought it'll be safe because there will be likely no thread in such place, until he sees Lucas. He don't know what that bastard could be doing here and he couldn't remember if they even attend the same university. But there he is, sitting on the chair like the world is his. 

He turned back to Lucas. There was no doubt that it was deliberate now. Before, he might wanted Seungri and even dare to question about his bond with Seungri. It was an insult, a biting insult. 

Jiyong growled silently, the one concession to the instinct that he could make in front of the audience, and got ready to spread his wings if Lucas dared to try anything. At least Seungri wasn't that far from him, and his voice were calm and measured, that Jiyong could sweep him off his feet and carry him away if Lucas do something. 

"Hi, my name is Lee Seungri. I am an ex students of Younghwa University." Seungri speaks and he quickly turn his attention back toward the stage. The hall is bright but Seungri look especially brilliant in his eyes. He wore a pastel blue dress shirt that Jiyong had to begrudgingly admit looked nice on him, although he would've prepared to dress Seungri with his own hands. "First and foremost, I would like to congratulate all if you for being here, for your sucess in claiming your place in this university. This is a first steps of your journey in achieving more sucess later on,"

Seungri paused for a second to deliver a smile to the audience, who in return, cheered for him. Jiyong wondered if he could be the only one who can receive those smiles, if he could be selfish and keep it to only himself without having to share it with anyone like this. 

"I am extremely honored to be given a chance to stand before you and I am earnestly grateful that our Dean trust me enough to deliver this speech to all of you, because I am really sure that every other students was capable, if not more in doing this," Seungri's voice was muffled, as he turn back briefly to his former dean and lecturers who sits at the back of the podium. 

"I have faced several challenges on my way here, but each on of them has only strenghtened me to make the person I am today," Seungri continued, and he leaned forward, as if he had a wings of his own to loom over the audience. "Someone who exactly know what he wanted; someone who set their goals and does not lost the sight of it," His gaze fall on Jiyong for a second and Jiyong find his breath caught in it until Seungri look away and continue. "unless it is achieved". 

The words were ordinary but the moment not so. Jiyong could feel it trembling like a soap bubble, shimmering with both tension and beauty. His mate is no where near weak, and Jiyong know it.

Seungri steps back and popped the bubble himself, with a soft smile that Jiyong could feel the effect of even though he wasn't seeing it full on. "But, it would be possible for me to achieve it without the support I have from my Lecturers and friends; from whom I have the deepest respect, and from I derived the strength to challenge myself and perform better at each stage." Again, Jiyong didn't missed the endearing little smiles Seungri sends towards his lecturers and the audiences. 

A few other people smiles and stare up at him in awe, although not Lucas, who was just staring at the stage with a blank expression on his face. Jiyong shook his head. Seungri had already told him that Lucas mean nothing to him, and that was the truth. He will believe in his mate no matter what. 

"On a closing note," Seungri said, snapping Jiyong's attention back towards his mate. Once he was looking at Seungri again, Jiyong wondered why in the world he had ever wanted to look away. Seungri is beautiful in everything, from the line of the arm that he raised, to the pure and unwavering gaze he send to the eyes of people who were looking at him. "All I want to tell each and everyone of you who present today, is that you should never ever give up even if there is times you were convinced that it's all over". 

"It's not over, unless if you want it to be," Seungri lifted his head, as if looking up at the sky. "and a true example is there is me, standing right here, in front of you. Thank you very much." His voice caught in the last words, and people starts to applaud. 

Jiyong face melt with a warm smiles as he look at his mate. He was so proud of Seungri, for being true to himself and so mettlesome, even he's on his own. He was used to this, thats why he always look so tough. He think that he had understand Seungri better than he had only a few minutes ago - and admist all that, still being so humble. Seungri claim that he didn't have the instinct of submissive mate, but Jiyong thought he did, somehow. They were simply turned sideways. Instead of being grateful of the protection of Veela against the harsh world, Seungri was humble about achieving great things on his own. 

Jiyong thought he could grew to understand that, in time. 

The ceremony end half and hour later, after the closing speech from the dean. People were coming towards Seungri as he walk down from the stage, perhaps to ask for some tips and tell Seungri how great his speech were. Jiyong kept himself sitting at his place, relaxed because he wanted to give some space for his mate, because Seungri look genuinly happy and he wanted to see those smile a little bit longer. Afterall, the students seems far too young and inferior; at least, in his eyes to be taken as serious thread for him or Seungri himself. 

But then, he saw Lucas moving toward Seungri. 

 

************************************************************************************************* * ** ***

 

Seungri tensed for a minute when he saw Lucas coming. He had been talking to some freshie about exam tips and he was just glad that his speech had inspired them to do better in whatever they're doing now. He's not good at motivating people but at least he could try. They were certainly coming to him to shake hands as well as thanking him. 

And then, someone who he never wished to see, or even heard his name being spoken of around him was right there, smiling sweetly into his eyes. 

"Go yourself," Seungri said to Lucas, intinctively. He guess that every nerve in his body had grown so much hatred toward that bastard and make curses seems like the only appropriate greetings. 

Lucas snorted, "Has the Veela got hold of you so quickly, Seungri?" Lucas looked past him; and he didn't have to turn to know that Jiyong was coming out of his chair. "I thought the rumors said you're resisting him. That you had something less than desire for him".

"It had nothing to do with you even if its true, and everything to do with the fact that you provoked him on purpose."

That made Lucas turn back at him, a new look flickering in his eyes. Maybe he had thought that Seungri didn't catch that, but that bastard had been underestimated him. Lots of people had done that but Lucas is one of the s that keep on seeing his flaws instead of many great things that he had achieved. 

"I didn't," Lucas said, and Seungri feels like laughing at the lame way he said it. 

"Yes you did,"  Seungri said. "You know that he's a Veela unless if you're blind," He moved back a step from him, not because he was scared by him, but because he could hear Jiyong standing. He would've beat Lucas with his own hands if that guy tried anything but this ins't the place to do such thing. "And if you think provoking him would get you somewhere, you're wrong. The worst is only you getting disembowel by him."

Lucas stared at him and sneered a second later. "I don't care about that if I can get you back," He murmured and Jiyong was already right behind Seungri now. Seungri could feel the brush of wings against his shoulder. He still didn't turn around because he didn't feel the need to do that. "Come on Ri, I - I just want you back. I had changed now, for you and I promised that if you come back to me, I'll make everything better, for both of us."

Someone else could be flattered if they heard such sweet promise, but Seungri just feel sick. "I would rather die than being in another relationship with you," or with anyone, Seungri thought. Jiyong might said that this bond is different but the way he described it, it really feels the same. At least, Jiyong is being quiet now, though, and not try to tear Lucas into a small, screaming shreds.

"You don't mean that Seungri," Lucas said. "We both know how you keep coming back."

Jiyong tried to lunge and Seungri immediately leaned backwards. He grab Jiyong's arm and hold onto it tightly, and he nearly fell until Jiyong turned and caught him by his waist. He steadied his feet and stared back at Lucas. 

"We'll see about that." He told Lucas and then he turned to Jiyong. "Do you want to go home now?" He said, diverting Jiyong's heavy lidded gaze from Lucas. 

Jiyong's response was a deep growl that he believe were directed to Lucas. Seungri sighed and stepped backward, away from Lucas, softly dragging Jiyong with him. 

"He wants you," Jiyong whispered into the back of his neck, which at least it wasn't aloud, or else it could be embarassing for him.

Seungri only nodded. It wasn't something that he could argue about when the evidence to Jiyong's words is there, living and sadly, breathing right in front of them. Even if he would like to argue about it, its because things had change. He's no longer that weak Seungri, but again it would just be a waste of time. 

 "You won't let me destroy him?,"

Seungri shook his head sharply. No matter what Jiyong  thought, he don't want to be caught in murder. The whole bollocks about this bond is tiring enough to even consider a murder. There is some way that someone would take this and twist it around to put the blame on him too. When he decide to leave this country, revenge is one of the thing that he had given up to. 

"Then, let's go." Jiyong said, and wrapped his arm around him. He bit the inner of his cheeks to stop himself from scowling as he let himself being whisked by Jiyong. He don't want to be seen as a weaklings, at least not in front of Lucas but if he resist, Jiyong might go crazy. 

They were halfway to the exit when Lucas shouted, "The scars on your arm is a prove that you can't live without me Seungri!."

He feel his blood run up to his head at the words and Jiyong who had been holding him at the moment, tensed a bit. The Veela try to turn back to Lucas but he quickly hug Jiyong's arm. "Stop. Its not worth it," Jiyong was staring at him with puzzled looks and he quickly avert his eyes away. "Please, lets just go." 

Jiyong was reluctant but he then, he nodded. Once they're outside, Jiyong picked him up, cradling him close. His breath in Seungri's ear, and his wings unfolded and they rose into the air with a powerful but gentle bound. Jiyong sighed and nuzzled into his shoulder as if he's trying to comfort Seungri. He believe that he could felt Seungri's relaxation and was letting him to have some of it, thanks to that. 

Meanwhile, Seungri said nothing. There wasn't much to say at the moment but he give Jiyong his relaxation the way Jiyong given him his acceptance of not killing Lucas, or ask anything about the scars that the bastard mentioned. He don't want to talk about that, especially to Jiyong. They flew back to the Manor, at least in companionable silence, if nothing more.

 

*************************************************************************************************************************** * ** ***

So Hyung stood briskly when they pass the living room and spoke to Jiyong, as far as Seungri could tell, "There's someone I would like you to meet."

"Not someone who you want to be another mate for me," said Jiyong, and his hand grew hevier on Seungri's shoulder. Seungri didn't know they could replace him. How could he, when everyone keep telling him that the bond is lifetime. Some bull, it is , he snorted quietly. "I have the mates that I want right now," Jiyong added a second later, and settled his chin on Seungri's free shoulder. 

Seungri stood still under it. He couldn't say that he is resigned to being submissive mate Jiyong wanted, but on the other hand he had no reasons to please So Hyung either, with her cool temper and cooler dissmisal of concerns.

"You place the worst intepretation of my words again, as usual," said So Hyung. This time, Seungri thought she might be talking to both of them, because she seems to be looking directly at his eyes. "I mean no harm. I just bring someone who may help you to sort this out."

From the way Jiyong tensed behind him, Seungri had no idea who she's referring to. That at least, reassured him that they were at the same level of misinformations. 

And from the way Jiyong was standing helplessly before her as Seungri had to admit that he would probably have been before his if he had one. Seungri knew he was the one who had to take charge. "What do you mean by someone who can help us? Is this someone who knows why the bond isn't working like how its supposes to?" Even those words make him want to grimance, but he bore with it when So Hyung make heavy gestures.

"Even better," So Hyung said. If she dislike Seungri more than usual, at least she hiding it more easily now than she had been. "Someone who is in Veela bond, and has been for a long time, so they might tell you what it is supposed to be like."

"Jiyong can tell me what its supposed to look like," Seungri said at once. He already didn't like where this is going. "I don't see why we need someone to repeat the infromation that we already know. What we need to know is what's different about us, not a repitition of changes we should make because acient Veela tradition says so."

"Maybe it could help," Jiyong open his mouth after a while. His chin moving around a minute as if Seungri's shoulder had become comfortable and he wanted to find different place. "Someone who can feel the bond between us. Some Veela can do that, you know. Feels others' bond." He added and Seungri want to shake him off his shoulder so bad.

Seungri though, had thought of something else. "Were you thinking about asking the Veela or the mate?." He turned to So Hyung. 

So Hyung look down her nose at him without moving her head, a talent that Seungri would like to master for the sake of dealing with some blithering idiots who he keeps on stumbling in his life."The Veela of course, the mate should be at home where they belong."

"Yeah?  but I think the no," said Seungri, and gave her a smile that she can welcome as pleasant if she wanted to; it made no differenct to him afterall. "I don't want to speak yet to another person whose major problem with me is I'm not cowering and whimpering." 

"I have told you, and Jiyong should have told you," So Hyung said, her eyes for a moment stabbing past Seungri and focusing on Jiyong. "Submission is not like that. Submission means warmth and protection of being held. There are times I wished my brother would become a submissive, because then, he would have someone to always take care of him." 

"You keep wanting me to make me into something I'm not!," Seungri begin to snap and he felt Jiyong gentle caress on his arm, probably want to soothe him down but this is only the beginning.  "Instead of working with what I am. I don't like it! I don't want to talk to someone who's going to repeat the same useless truth to me, I told you,  you." 

"In that case, its good that I won't repeat them," said a casual voice from the doorway. "And while Miss So Hyung had asked me to come, I am not going to do just what she want. I will work the truth of the bonds and the mates in front of me." 

Seungri turned, not liking the way Jiyong had started to growl into his ear that he didn't hear this person enter the room. He couldn't afford to start getting careless like that when lives could depend on his instincts. 

The Veela in the doorway was definately a dominant. His wings were longer and smoother than Jiyong's, though, his feathers a kind of shimmering cream color that dulled into gold and white near the edges. He give a slight bow to Seungri, and then focused his eyes on Jiyong as he said, "You are not making him comfortable by holding him like that, you know." 

Jiyong said nothing, as he said nothing in a proper words the past few minutes, but continued with his growling. The Veela sighed and glance at Seungri. "I can see that part of the problem is you didn't have the submissive instinct, but the problem runs deeper than that.Is there a room where we can sit and discuss more about this?"

Seungri shrugged, deliberately the way that Jiyong's hand and claws pulled at him. "I don't know. Ask them, its their house, not mine."

"It is the house of the submissive mate," the Veela began, sounding bewildered, but stop when Seungri groan and shook his head. "

"ing hell, not you too," Seungri said, He thought that maybe his depth of weariness in his words might convince the Veela of how tired he is because of this bulls. "I don't think that way, and they haven't made any effort to tell me that I should do anything other than touching Jiyong and staying at home all day. Ask them, where we can go." 

The Veela turn to look at So Hyung, and then realize that maybe Seungri has doing nothing but telling the truth. He turned around with a faint frown on his face and looked at So Hyung. "You didn't tell me this when we spoke earlier." 

"You are here to convince him," So Hyung said, icily enough that Seungri almost choked. From the way that the Veela's wings jerked, the insult was more worst to him and somehow, although Seungri didn't understand that much why. "I warned you when I call you of that." 

'You convinced me to come," said the Veela. "You didn't call me." And now Seungri feel another aura pushing at his, hard enough to make Seungri sigh and want to withdraw into another room. He couldn't do so because Jiyong is still clinging on him though. 

"Very well," said So Hyung, but she looked prepared to continuing arguing on other ground if she has to. Seungri interrupted ruthlessly.

"Look, can we just get this conversation over with?," he aked. "I really need to sleep, and if you mind, we just got home."

"Your Veela bring you out?." The Veela was staring at him as if he just sprut wings of his own. 

"Yes," Seungri said, He supposed that this Veela rarely bring his own mate out or he must be still holding on Veela acient tradition that mate must be kept like a doll inside their house. Seungri swear he would beat Jiyong if he dare to treat him like that. "Come on, let's go somewhere else." He yanked on Jiyong's arm. At least, the prat let him go long enough to step up by his side and spreads his wings to sheild him from the other Veela's sight. Seungri sighed. He didn't enjoy much having a sight full of feathers. 

"The situation might be more complicated than I thought," The Veela said as he make sound in his throat that Seungri thought might be a growl. Jiyong stiffened, but the Veela continued, "I saw an open doors, with light and wide walls, a room where we might fly if we have to. Shall we retire there?" 

Seungri shrugged and followed Jiyong when he moved. He assumed something had been decided, and that was enough for him. This was a meeting that he would just have to suffered through.

 

 

 

 

A.N: So here is it. I want you to guess who 'the other Veela' is, haha. I saw comments saying that GD character in this as a submissive/puppy/mild , and I agree with you. He might still be controlling and possesive but he didn't dare to push it on Seungri because of the current condition of their relationship. Lets say that hes just too smitten towards Seungri that he allowed himself to be wrapped around Seungri's fingers. ^^ andd, there is comments saying that they wonder if So Hyung would end up with YB, I don't know about that yet because for now, I'm too, didn't like her. She's too nosy and I can't help but to make Seungri curse at her because of that. About comments asking why Jiyong didn't fulfill Seungri's wish to leave the country is because, Seungri had plan the trip for himself, mean that he didn't want to bring anything/anyone with him. If he settled at one place, he want to settle by himself. 

Anyway, thank you for subscribing and for leaving such wonderful comments (Naoki_Hikari, i saw you there) and I appreciate each and every one of it. And special thanks to lulu21, faithingri, Miggypot, sassyfever21, manything2remember(cutedp), BaeRamora (iminlovewiththepersoninyourdp), filiwidi (LovethatNyongtorymemes), junesakura (fiery!ilike), xxgdxvixx, jayvolution, seungrii, sam_bel (Idigforthiscutevidp!) , Popybruenner (Isthatyourpicture?Nicetho) , anylia, kwonjiri (thatsmyfavgrigif)

And thank you for everyone that subsrcibes!! saranghanda^^