Settling things

The Veela's Mate

Seungri cursed when Jiyong falls unconscious. There goes his last hope that Jiyong had mistaken or taking advantage of his Veela 'instinct' to nab him from his freedom. Even though he doen't want to admit it, he didn't think that someone like Jiyong would collapse and make a fool out of himself like this.

"What happen?". He snaps out from his thought when someone entered the room and rushed to them. "Why is my brother like this? What happened to him?". The women said anxiously. Seungri gues this is Jiyong's sister.

"I don't know". He said, feeling tensed when So Hyung gives him an accusing stare. 

"You're not refusing him aren't you?". She asked and Seungri is at a loss for words. "Do something! This has never happened before". She then looked back at Jiyong who's face already went white. "Do something! Touch him, or whatever". She urged again and Seungri honestly didn't think that would work but she's frantic and he doesn't want Jiyong to die either. That'll just bring another unwanted problem.  

He then slowly lay Jiyong on the floor, carefully enough as he turns Jiyong's body to the side so that he won't crush his wings in the process. Then he crouched down beside Jiyong, positioning the Veela's head on his laps. He tentatively put his hand on Jiyong's shoulder. There isn't any response from Jiyong until his hand brushes the curve of Jiyong's wings. 

Jiyong starts to cough and then he breathed, which mean he isn't until then. The thought that he had just may cause someone death just now makes him shudder in terror. He still don't think that he is Jiyong's mate but he certainly doesn't want to be a murderer. What will happen to his plan if he's stuck in jail? and the fact that he almost kills the Kwon's heir will just make things worst. He can't help but scowl as he looked down at Jiyong's face. Just why on earth Jiyong can't find someone else to be his mate instead of him? 

Jiyong's wing trembled and shuddered as its starts to beats as if it just had been brought up to life again. Then, he rolled over and stare up at Seungri. His face looked lost and soft. "Lee". He whispered weakly and almost longing. 

"I don't want you to die". Seungri said, "but I still don't think that I'm your mate". He points out, not wanting Jiyong to get the wrong idea about this and he heard a faint gasp from So Hyung. 

Jiyong closed his eyes and focused on breathing. His chest is still hurting but it was less than before since his mate is holding him willingly. 

"Water?". He asks faintly but before Seungri could move, So Hyung pushes him down and quickly fetches the water herself.

She handed a glass of water to Seungri and the, she leans towards Seungri's ear. "I'm going to leave you with him. Take care of him and I believe that we need to talk after this". Seungri nodded. Then, she leaves them alone. Seungri stares down at Jiyong's face. What happens to Jiyong now makes him confused. Why does Veela think of having a partner if all it would cause them harm like this? 

He helps Jiyong to drink and by the moment that the tips of glass touch Jiyong's lips, the Veela is staring at him as if he was thirsty for him instead of the water. He bites back a sigh and instead he makes sure that Jiyong didn't choke on the water. At least, when Jiyong is drinking, he couldn't talk. 

However, Jiyong turned his head to the side so soon then he expected. Seungri sighed and he lowered the glass on the floor while Jiyong dragged himself up to a sitting position. The Veela didn't say anything and Seungri doesn't know what to say either, so he decided to just keep his silence. 

Jiyong moved his hand and reach for Seungri's. "I can't believe that my mate had to save me instead of the other way around, but I'm still glad that you did". He smiled and brush Seungri's knuckle against his lips. Seungri snatches his hand back as he had just touched something hot. 

"Anyone in their right mind will help an unconscious person". He mumbled but then, he remembers what had just happened earlier. That's helps to remind himself not to be harsh. "I mean, even if I'm not your mate. I'll help if you're in trouble... it just what a decent person would do". 

"Are you still planning to leave?". Jiyong asks when he notices that Seungri is still wearing his backpack . "You cannot leave me". 

Seungri frown at this. It's not working that now he starts to see Jiyong as an obstacle in many things that he had planned for himself. "Listen. Right now, you were expecting me to do something that I don't want to. I have plans on my own and you just" His sentence stops right there when he sees the way Jiyong is looking at him. "Fine, maybe we can compromise. I will stay with you but you can't stop me from at least doing things that I wanted to do. I don't want to be told what I should do and I won't stop protecting myself on my own. If you can accept that, I will stay as long as you needed me to". He added since he needs to make this clear because so far this bond is nothing but a burden to him but he doesn't weant to cause Jiyong's suicide either. 

 

***

Jiyong doesn't know that there is a chance that his mate could be like this. As far as he knows from his family history, the past mates had never resisted their Veela to this extend. When one Veela claim their mate, the said mate would just naturally follow what had been decided for them. They would've no choice but to submit but that's never a problem before because Veela is a blessing for his or her mates. However, from what he sees now, from his mate's point of view, he is nothing but an obstacle. Seungri will try to accommodate him and just go with the flow. Jiyong doesn't want that, he needed to be in the center of his mate's life and it'll take more time than he thought it would be. 

"All right". He said. "The normal mate usually doens't do what you just asked but I'm willing to let you". 

He thought that it was generous of him to give such permission but he didn't appreciate the way Seungri looking at him with his furrowed eyebrows. 

"So they couldn't do anything on their own without having to completely depending on their Veela? and what?" Seungri shook his head "they ought to just stay at home? take care of the house and children?". Seungri can't help but snicker at the revolting idea. 

"What? Of course not!". Jiyong said, a little shocked at how poor Seungri's opinion of a Veela's mate is. "I have maids for a reason. You don't have to do any of the chores, Lee". Maybe mates to the poorer Veela need to worried about that but Seungri would never have to even think about it. 

"Great. So they do act like a freaking housewife". Seungri mumbled, but it sounds like he's talking to himself so Jiyong didn't quite catch it. He then looks searchingly at Jiyong. "How this bond normally works anyway?". Seungri asked after a while. 

"The mate of a Veela should serve as an inspiration towards their Veela. The Veela pamper and protect them from danger while the mate makes their Veela happy. A bond between them is lifetimes and once the mate is decided, any change is impossible. There is a case where the mate dies and the Veela should live on but I had never heard them replace their mates". Jiyong thought that Seungri would want to hear that but if possible, his mate currently looks dejected than before. 

"I couldn't do that. Its sounds a bit too much for me". Seungri said as he leaned away a little bit from Jiyong and Jiyong swallowed. The motion of rejection still makes his chest hurt although it doesn't feel bad as the insults. "I have a life on my own. I am so tired of feeling attached to something". 

The words that left Seungri's mouth next make him perplexed but he snaps out quickly. "But this is more than a mere attachment and everyone would want someone to give them attention". 

"But that doesn't mean that they want it non - stop". Seungri points out and Jiyong's head is pounding. This time it was not just caused by Seungri's rejection but because he's getting confused about what had caused it.

He sighed before he looked back at Seungri. "All right" he begins "but tell me, what exactly are you planning to do? where do you want to go with your stuff all packed up like that?". 

"I want to leave this country and go off traveling on my own. I thought of doing that as soon as the ceremony end but you happened". Seungri said and Jiyong couldn't help but cringe at the idea of his mate wandering around the world on his own. God knows how much danger he will put himself into. 

"I could come with you and that way, I can protect you". 

"I told you I don't need it". Seungri said, not moving. 

"But that's what Veela do. I can't stand it when you're in danger". Jiyong said and Seungri begins to give him critical look.

"The one that is most dangerous to me right now is you". Seungri said bluntly. He can't help it because Jiyong's words are weighing on him. "A danger to my hopes of living the life I want. You have to think of something else rather than putting me under your wings all that time". 

"Alright... listen, maybe you could just stay home or we can travel together once in a while. That's all I can tolerate for now". He then took Seungri's hand in his again, caressing it gently with his thumb as he stared into his mate's eyes; waiting for his answers.

"I'll agree on the second". Seungri said after a while but Jiyong had feelings that it only skin deep. "But I intend to go on with my life and I'm not willing to give up on my plan and behave like a mate you wanted me to. You can't force all that on me". 

 Jiyong studied his mate for a while. Seungri is far more different than what he had thought before. He's the type that won't give up on what he believes just because of mere reasons. This bond to him, for now, is just one of that mere reasons but still, Jiyong can't stop wondering what had caused Seungri to despise having a connection with someone so bad. This will takes so much more than just a simple effort of courtship for him to reach Seungri's heart but he could value a mate like that. Someone who had to be sought, someone who can't be easily understood or conquered. 

He could go along with Seungri because his mate's sweet submission will make him the happiest Veela alive.  "Fine". He decides, staring deep into his mate's brown eyes. You are mine, and I'll keep you until the end. 

 

***************************************************************************************** * *

 

After the conversation ended and they had both agreed with each other, Jiyong asks Seungri to move into Kwon's manor. Seungri was reluctant at first but Jiyong manages to convince him that it was a part of their deal. If his mate is not in his sight, then the deal had no meaning. That gets Seungri to begrudgingly agree and Jiyong doesn't want to wait until Seungri changes his mind again. 

"Well, what are you waiting for? Come". Seungri tried so much not to scowl when Jiyong offers his hand for him. They're now standing on the balcony of Jiyong's bedroom.  

"Can't we just use normal transportation? I don't know, like a car or something". 

Jiyong chuckle at this. "Do you think that my wings will fit in a car? It'll be so inconvenient". 

Seungri watched unamused when Jiyong begins to spreads his wings, parading them in front of him. The silvery glow was blinding his eyes. "So you have to fly for the rest of your life?" 

Jiyong smiled as he grabs Seungri's hand into his own. Truthfully, his wings can be retracted back into his back but it's an uncomfortable thing to do and most Veela didn't do that unless they need to. It feels like squeezing back a bone inside your skin and it's not entirely pleasant. Aside from that, Jiyong had his reason. He wanted to touch his mate more than he already had. Seungri will be angry at him but he'll deal with that later. Seungri uttered a yelp once Jiyong sweeps him off his feet and then, without warning, he starts to take off. He felt a boost on his ego when Seungri wraps his arm around his neck and he can't help but nuzzle his hair. Seungri smells like vanilla and it makes him feels calm.  

However, the moments feel too short as they finally arrived at Seungri's home. It hurt his soul when he sees where his mate had been living up until now. Seungri jumps out from his arm before he could put him down and continue to walk ahead. He frowns as he catches up to his mate. 

Seungri's home is one of those houses build above a shop and in this case, the shop happens to be an old restaurant. Jiyong had assumed that Seungri's room would be smelly since the air systems must be . If only he known who is his mate sooner, he wouldn't ever allow Seungri to be in this situation. But then, when he steps into the room, he didn't smell anything funny although the room is still small for his liking. 

He moved to the bed and watch quietly as Seungri strides around the room to retrieve his belonging. The room barely has anything in it. Just a single bed, a cupboard and, a table but Seungri did have a few photographs taped on the wall. He stared at them. It's a picture of Seungri with other small children and the other was just some pictures of strangers. He doesn't feel the need to ask so he returns to staring at his mate. 

Seungri now is currently stuffing his books and papers inside a small battered case. He walks closer and he crouched beside Seungri. "Do you love reading?". He asks as he watched the collections of books in Seungri's hand. 

"Yes. I do". Seungri smiled at him and proceeded talk about it but Jiyong couldn't hear it because he's busy watching how Seungri's face light up when he talks about it. So, now he knows one thing that could please his mate and he's thinking about the library in his manor. If Seungri wants, he could give the whole library and the contents to Seungri without a second thought.

"I think that's all. Shall we go now?". Seungri asked and he nodded distractedly. He saw Seungri heaved that case up onto his shoulder frowned as he sees this. 

"Leave it there. I'll ask someone to fetch it later". He said, snatching it away from Seungri's hold. 

"So what's the point of coming here when you can do that earlier?". Seungri rolled his eyes and tried to retrieve the case back but Jiyong grabs his wrist, pulling him towards the door. Once again, Seungri decides to play along because he's not in the mood to argue at the moment. What had happened is already too much. 

Seungri pulled his hand away from Jiyong to lock the door back and then, they walk down the staircase that led onto the streets. His mate begins to stride and Jiyong cursed softly as he tried to keep but then, he finally snapped. "Can you walk slower?". 

Hearing that, Seungri slowed his pace at once. "Sorry". He said absently. "I'm not used to having someone walking beside me".

"You'll try," Jiyong said. "You realize that we're not likely to get any second chance if we mess this one up". 

Seungri eyed him mildly over his shoulder. "I thought no one actually knows what happens when a mate refused a Veela, because it never happened before". 

"Well, I don't think that fainting and trying to claw my eyes out is a positive symptom". 

"Right," Seungri said. "Tell me if something's hurting you and I'll do what I can to help you". 

Jiyong had a wicked thought of claiming that it hurt all the time when Seungri reject him and only a kiss and more than casual touch could make it better but then, Seungri already reaching out with one hand. "Let's go". He said. 

Jiyong waste no time as he moved in and wrap his arms around Seungri. He wanted to melt into the shiver of pure pleasure that enveloped him when he did that but he doubts that Seungri would appreciate it - at least, not until the right time comes. 

 

* ******************************************************************************************************************** *

 

It was because of consideration that he keeps all of his protest inside, not because he is already compliant with this bond or whatever. It was also because of consideration that he agreed to stay together with Jiyong in his bedroom. It's only convenient since he doesn't want to run all over a house this big if something happens to Jiyong at night. He wanted to say it to Jiyong's face so that he doesn't get the wrong idea but he chooses to keep his silence because he know, if he said it out loud, he can't make it sound less insulting. He knows how Jiyong would react to such things. 

"I've prepared a space in the closet for your clothes and please use everything in this room freely. If anything lacking, please tell me and I'll prepare it for you". Jiyong told him as soon as they enter the room.

Seungri stopped in the middle of the bedroom. Only now he was able to look at the room properly since he was too distraught back then. The room is big, probably triple times bigger compared to his old room. The walls were cool mixtures of green, blue, and white. One-color is sometimes predominating over the others in the corner or near the window but quickly vanishing into a soft blend again. The bed was curved, the top extending like Jiyong's wings, the better to give more space for extra pillows and the duvet is emerald green. They look plush. The rugs scattered on the stone floor were the same color as the walls and the ceiling is painted like a whole starry night sky, glittering in silver and gold light. It's beautiful but Seungri feel trapped in here. If this doesn't happen to him, he probably on his flight right now, already on his way to leave this place and set a new journey. 

He sighed quietly and then, he feels Jiyong lean in towards him. The Veela slips his arm around his waist, cheeks brushing against his own. Jiyong's wings curved around him again and he could feel Jiyong's breath on the lobe of his ear. The noise sounded like a little sigh of passion. Seungri closed his eyes briefly in resignation. This is the part he doesn't want to think about for now or even forever. He's not stupid and he knows that at some point, Jiyong would want more than just a touch.

'What the hell. It's only '. The thoughts make him want to scream and he bites his lips to hold them in.

He hoped that he'll find a way to get out of all this soon.

 

* ***

 

"Do you like it?". Jiyong mumbled into his mate's ear. He knew that he should stay where he was but he couldn't help it. It's hard to resist a touch when his mate smells so nice and felt so good in his arm like this.  "The color, the layout, the way the furniture is arranged. All you have to say is a single word and it can be changed to suit you. Whatever you'd like". 

"It'll do. Thanks". Seungri said absently as he slowly breaks away from Jiyong's hold. The gesture was gentle but Jiyong could tell that his mate didn't like his touch. He watched as Seungri drop his backpack down to the side of the bed and sit on the edge of the bed. His eyes are staring out absently at the window. Jiyong sighed as he walks towards his mate and takes his place beside him. 

Right now, the room was just a room to Seungri, and he doesn't care. Not about the magnificent view out over the balcony, the size of the room,or how lavish the types of furnitures are. It just a place to live and that's was that. 

Jiyong reaches for his mate's hand that was resting on his laps. Seungri stared back at him and his eyes were distant. "Yes?". 

"Tell me if you wanted to be here alone, and I'll let you... whenever you like". He said. It was probably useless to make Seungri care about the room or to at least feel at home, but he had to try. The Veela in him wants his mate to feel comfortable being on his side. "You can always call the maid if you wanted anything. The table had a shelf attached to it so you can put your books there". 

"It's nice". Said Seungri and he looked at it but Jiyong know that this doesn't change Seungri's feeling about this room, or about living with him. Jiyong pressed his lips into a thin line as he tried not to sigh. It was still the same day that he intended to claim Seungri, he reminded himself and he was well aware of how his mate feels about this whole bond thing. So, he had to be patient. 

But still, knowing that if only he had a submissive mate, they could've been so delighted as soon as they walked into the room, and he could fly them around the manor on a gentle, triumphant parade of possession, and he would introduce them to the maids, brought their first meal to share. Thinking about all that makes it so hard to return to this poorer reality. 

"Do you mind if I just sleep in for today?". His mate's voice snaps him out from his thought. 

"Please do". He said as he stands up, giving a room for Seungri to scoot further on the bed and lay there. Jiyong pulls the duvet on his mate's body and presses a soft kiss on his forehead before he moves to his side of the bed. He lay down beside Seungri, staring at his face before he too falls into deep slumber. 

 

*********************************************************************************************************** * * *

 

Seungri opens his eyes to a dimly lighted room. Night had fallen in.  He pushes himself up and does a little stretch to ease his sore muscle. Then, his eyes caught Jiyong's face when he looked to the side. Jiyong looks content in his sleep and Seungri was just glad that the Veela is keeping his hand all to himself. He did put a pillow between them after all. He pulls his leg to the side of the bed, staring at the room that was intended to be his home from now on no matter how unwilling he had felt. He can't get it out of his head, out of millions of people in this world, why did he have to be a mate to a Veela? Even if he wanted one, he wants a normal relationship. The one that didn't require him to dedicate his whole life to. The way Jiyong wants him is so unrealistic. 

He shook his head before he picked himself up from the bed, then he saw his backpack, leaning against the bed. If all this doesn't happen, he probably in London by now according to his plan but then, here he is... still stuck at the place that he wants to left badly since he was ten. He bent down to pick it and then he glanced sideways at Jiyong who still sleeping. Maybe if he leaves now, while Jiyong is still asleep, it wouldn't affect Jiyong so much. He remembered that Jiyong collapse because of his verbal rejection after all. Seungri slung the backpack on his shoulder and walks slowly towards the door. 

He glanced back at Jiyong for the last time just to make sure that the Veela still sleeping and then, quiet as a mouse, he left the room. After making sure that the door closes with a quiet shut, he heads towards the stairs. There is this nagging thought inside his head, telling him that such action is unresponsible but he chooses to ignore it for now. If he hurries, he might able to catch a train and go to the countryside or something. Anywhere is better than here, he thought to himself.

"Where are you going?". And there at the bottom of the staircase, stood So Hyung who now looking at him with a pinched and dissapproving look. 

Seungri stares at the woman wordlessly. She walks towards him and stops right in front of his face. "You are serious about wanting to leave my brother, don't you?". She asks. Seungri didn't say a word and he guess that she could take a gues. "Come with me. I think that we had a lot to talk about". She said and glided past him towards the stairs. He sighed as he followed her from behind. 

She led him into a drawing-room, closing the door and ask him to sit down. Seungri complied and he put his bag to the side. "You don't accept Jiyong as your Veela?". She asks and Seungri tried not to grimace at her obvious questions. 

"Yes". He decided to just spill the truth. "I don't feel this instinctive submissiveness when I looked at him, so I suppose that I'm not the mate he's looking for".

"What?" said So Hyung, furrowing her eyebrows as she stares incredulously at him. "How can that be? The submissive instinct of mates of a Veela is inborn". 

"Less than inborn than many people think they are, at least with me". Seungri said, trying to sound as polite as he can but then, he gives up. "Look, I don't think that I am his mate. Maybe he just confused or misunderstood or something. If it's true, I won't feel like I'm forced into this".

So Hyung put her hands to her cheeks as if trying to hold down a blush or a shout. "That is not true". She whispered. "You see, it wouldn't be a matter of confusion nor misunderstanding things if it involving Veela instinct. They were accurate, especially with matters regarding their mates. I think the problem is what had caused you to resist him like this". She said as he stares at him.

"What?". He asked her. It sounds like she's saying that the problem is him. 

"Listen," She said. "I think that you need to bear with him for now. You shouldn't leave like this. You had seen it with your own eyes how it's affecting him. I'll help you find the way to fix this". She looked at him and he knows that she's referring to his state of not being able to act like a normal mate.

Seungri holds himself still even though all he wanted to do is lash out. The way he did when Jiyong marched up to him then announced that Seungri was his mate and dragged him into this whole absurdity but he chooses to hold it in. If this woman and Jiyong wanted so much to hold him down, fine then, he'll let it. He wants to see how long Jiyong would be able to stand this until he too, starts thinking about a replacement. 

"Alright". He said. "I am currently indulging in Jiyong because I don't want him to die because of me. That'll be insufficient enough". 

So Hyun curled her lips a little as if she found his words vulgar. Well, that was fine. She can think about what she likes. "I thought so". She said, gaze lingering on Seungri's face, and then she gets up from the chair.

"Just don't think of leaving my brother like that". She stared at him for a moment, as if considering her words, and then, she opened again. "Many people say that a Veela bond occupies the same place in someone's life as marriage. Perhaps even more pressing, as it usually leads to the total commitment of one life to another, which marriage does not always do". 

"I don't think this is marriage," Seungri said, lifting his head higher. He had a chance to think his way through his emotions now. "A marriage is between two people who love each other, not between two people who were only brought together because of whatever instinct the Veela might have. 

So Hyung paused long enough that Seungri wondered what she would say next. Then, she said, "Try not to do anything that would hurt my brother, and I promise I find a way to see this through". She bowed to him and left, leaving Seungri there in tense silence. The way that all this had ruined his life and yet, he still had to think about Jiyong's well-being makes his hatred towards Jiyong spitting like a fire. As far as he concern, it is completely and utterly nonsense.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************* * * *

 

"You look proper". So Hyung stood at the bottom of the staircase Seungri was walking down, evaluating him with what Seungri supposed was an expert eye. 

Seungri gives a faint smile at her. It had been three weeks since he settled in the Kwon's manor and he had rarely leave Jiyong's room so that he won't bump into her. Since she caught him the other day, he had grown quite an amount of dislike towards this woman. To him, she is selfish, just like Jiyong and he doesn't want to listen she's talking about Jiyong's wellbeing. It's not important because as long as he didn't do anything, Jiyong won't die. 

As for Jiyong, he's just glad that the Veela didn't ask anything more from him other than casual touch. It was all he can tolerate for now after all. And today, Jiyong wanted to brings him out, maybe Jiyong meant as a date but Seungri doesn't like to think of it that way.

"I have never seen you look so before". She said, probably because since Jiyong bring him here, all he had worn are t-shirts and sweaters.

Seungri returns to the moment., and the conversation with So Hyung. "You mean clothes?". He looked down at his outfit, which Jiyong had insisted him to wear. It's a printed shirt under a green sweater. At least it didn't look ridiculous on him.

"Yes". Said So Hyung. "I know you'll look good if you put a little effort into it. Why did you never do so?". 

Seungri snorted a little. "Because I don't care how I look like, or what other people think about me". 

"Why?". 

Seungri decides that he was going to interpret the question about his indifference towards public opinion but So Hyung's sudden interest in his appearance is annoying. "Because I don't feel the need to impress anyone by the way I dress". There, he put it bluntly and she's about to say something when another voice chimed in.

"I think my sister is wrong. You look magnificent, not just merely proper". 

Feeling a little uneasy, Seungri looked over his shoulder. Jiyong was standing at the top of the stair case, a few paces behind him with his eyes devouring Seungri. 

Jiyong wore a collared shirt that Seungri thought was white, then stirred and settled into deeper shades of gold as he comes down the steps. When he got closer, Seungri could see that there is an opening at the back to leave a space for Jiyong's wings. He thinks that Jiyong had it especially tailored for him because even with holes, the shirt looks decent when Jiyong's wings were down and folded. 

When Seungri looked up and meet Jiyong's eyes again, he saw that they were fixed on him, and a soft, bubbling croon had started up far back in the Veela's throat. 

Seungri learned this from what Jiyong had said the other day about it being a part of courting gestures, and he stood still as Jiyong came down to the steps to him. The Veela reached his hand forward and brush his hair back from his face. He still thinks of it as odd, the compulsion of having to touch him at every chance given, but it was a part of the Veela bond. A lot of things were and he thought of just going along with it. 

"You're beautiful". Jiyong said as he dipped his head at stared at him breathlessly. 

Seungri knew what he wants to listen to. That he was beautiful in return, and Seungri would want to touch him, kiss him, sleep with him...submit to him. 

It wouldn't do any good to spit a lie, with Jiyong apparently more tuned to his emotion now; he had known Seungri is upset the other day without his mate having to say a word and Seungri was concealing it too. In the end, Seungri nodded and said, "Thank you". and then he averts his gaze towards the front door. "Shall we go now?".

 

********************************************************************************************************************* * * *

 

Anxiety buzzed and bubbled in the back of Jiyong's mind as he walked into the street where functioned as the location of a flea market. There were so many tables and rugs that were spreads at each side of the streets, each of them had so many secondhand items whether it was hung or just being put there on display for buyers to see. The people gathered at each booth or just walking the street craned their necks almost immediately and started murmuring to each other upon seeing him and Seungri. 

It is his idea to spend a day with Seungri outside the manor and when he offered to bring his mate wherever he liked, he didn't expect Seungri to choose this place. He had expected a park or funfair but never this place. If it was him who decides, he'll bring his mate to the city classiest restaurants or boutique or spending time at penthouse suite but then, he wanted to make Seungri happy or at least, have a good impression on him, so he let Seungri choose. Though he doesn't like it, he didn't have the heart to say otherwise, as long as his mate is happy, that's it but still, he can't stop worrying. 

What if someone's hiding in here, who intends to claim Lee for himself? 

Jiyong tried to walk more threateningly but it didn't work well. Firstly, his wing was already spread to shelter Seungri from danger and stares. He had to work to keep on his balance. A stalk didn't go along with that after all. 

Second, his mate wouldn't cooperate with him. He walked beside Jiyong, within the curve of his wing, but his eyes are traveling to each store that they passed by and he smiled, now and then to people that catch his eyes. Jiyong didn't know who they were and he doubts that Seungri knows too but his mate is just being friendly towards all these strangers that Jiyong would not welcome coming close to his mate. 

But then, he knows that restricting Seungri from being friendly is not the sort of thing that his mate would compromise on. And, he would endure it all to keep the relative harmony that had flourished between them for the past few weeks, without Seungri retreating from him the way he knew to do so well. 

"Jiyong". 

Seungri speaks quietly, only to him. Jiyong bent down and his cheeks almost brushed with Seungri's. That made Seungri shrug his shoulder as if someone had put a hand on them. Jiyong didn't mind it. At least it was a reaction. 

"Yes, what is it?". Jiyong finally thought to ask. Seungri had called for him because there is something he needs to ask from Jiyong. 

"There is this street band who played music here, every Sunday and I wish to watch them". Seungri said and Jiyong recognizes that Seungri is informing him, not asking for permission. "But the show is at 6, so is it okay if we look around for a bit?". and now he's asking but Jiyong doubts that Seungri would take no as an answer. 

"Alright". He said and they continue to wander about. The crowd narrowed down to a tunnel of people ahead of them. Jiyong spread his wings and some of them, because they recognize him and knew better, steps to the side so that they could open a pathway ahead of them. Jiyong wasn't exactly satisfied. They should have already done that the moment they saw him.  

Seungri leads them into one booth that sells used books and paintings. He bites back a scowl when Seungri greeted the shopkeeper and continues to walk into the stall without minding him but he thinks that it's better if he didn't say anything. After all, his mate is not fond of restrictions though the fact is still annoying to him sometimes. 

Jiyong looked around the booth with a faint sneer. It's dim - lighted, the books were all stacked up disorderly and most of them were just scattered on the table. A place like this is probably the last place he ever thinks of going but when he looked over at his mate, Seungri seems content, like the dirt or mushy smells of the old print, didn't bother him one bit. Jiyong wondered morbidly for a moment if this is one of the reasons that Seungri didn't seem to care much about all the beauty and space available for him in the manor, because he had lived and been in a place like this for most of his life.

What kind of life he's living before he met me? 

Jiyong was burned to know. It reminds him of Seungri's words the other day, about people who had hurt him and about his plan to leave this country. He gues that it was a private matter for his mate and maybe, talking about it now when their bond is lacking may seems like touching an old wound. It would take time before he could get Seungri to open up to him. So for now, he settled for watching Seungri gazing through old books on the shelf. He watched Seungri pick random books, flipping through the pages until he stops and starts to read them but then, he put it down back, continue to repeat the same process again and again. 

Jiyong smiled faintly as he steps closer to his mate. "Find something you like Lee?". He murmured and Seungri's shoulder jumps a little when he rest his wings on top of it. Seungri glance at him before staring back at the book in his hand. 

"Not yet". He said dryly before he starts moving to the next shelf. Jiyong had this thought that his mate doesn't feel comfortable being around him but Seungri is just being subtle with his feeling. He's good at hiding it but Jiyong doesn't want to give up yet. He moved along with Seungri and make sure that his wing stay rested on Seungri's shoulder. 

 "You know what, I can bring you to a proper bookstore, and maybe we can find something that suits you more there". He said and Seungri stares at him briefly, as if he's thinking about his suggestion, but then he shook his head. 

"It's okay". Seungri said. "I used to come here whenever I got free time and this place offers me with more than I can ask. I'm just looking for good books, where they were sold doesn't matter". 

"Right". Jiyong then pressed his lips into a thin line while Seungri continues to look at the books. He suddenly feels stupid for saying that kind of thing to Seungri. His mate is not even impressed by his manor, so a bookstore won't make any difference but still, there must be something he can do to ingratiate Seungri. 

Seungri spent a few more minutes looking at the books before he finally had two in his hand before he turns back to Jiyong. "I'm done, I'll go pay for it yeah?". He said but Jiyong quickly stops him.

"No," Jiyong said. "Let me pay for it".

Seungri looked at him with sharp eyes. "One thing that I can do, Jiyong, is paying for my books".

"You could". Jiyong agreed and he was please that at least Seungri is looking at him with some emotion in his eyes instead of a dead look. "But why would you do that when I can do the same thing.". He added pointedly. "Consider it as a gift from me, yes?". 

Seungri scowled at him again but he did not say anything afterward. Jiyong smiled as he followed his mate towards the payment counter. He feels a little bit disappointed though because he hoped that Seungri would want more books so that he could give a bigger gift to his mate, but this is alright. Jiyong would have an excuse to give him more at later date. 

They walk out from the booth and head towards the street performance Seungri mentioned earlier. Jiyong spread his wings around Seungri, draping on his shoulder like a cloak. It just one of the gestures Veela would make to make sure that their mate is safe, and to make sure other people know that the person belongs to them. He was being cautious when he hears Seungri's soft voice muttering something to him. 

"Jiyong? Thanks". 

It was a quiet pair of words that might not be intended to be heard, but Jiyong heard it anyway. Veela had sharp ears when it came to anything their mate might say. He lifts his wings, the one that currently resting on Seungri's shoulder, and brushed them along Seungri's nape as a response. He hid his satisfied smirk when Seungri shudder from the touch. 

 

 

 

A:N, sorry I took a long time with the update. When I starts writing it, I thought of a simpler plot but as I write it, I get ahead of myself and stray a little. So, its gonna be more than two shots I suppose. The reaction for this story is good too, so I guess why not trying to make it longer. ^^ Anyway, thank u so much for the lovely comments. I appreciate it so much and thank u too to all the new subcribers. Please bear with me and wait for the next update. Ah, and there is some readers asking for the update for 'I Love You', I am working on it and I'll post it soon enough. That story was supposedly to be two shoots too, but I am a weak person with a weak mindset, I often stray from the original path, so I am sorry. Anyway, thanks for reading and please write down your comments and let me know what you think about this one. 

PS, GD as a Veela is hot right? Imagine this with a pair of wings