The Claim

The Veela's Mate

For the past few months this rumor circulating the campus that during the final year's student graduation ceremony, a Veela would come out. It's just ordinary news but what makes it not is that this time this Veela would announce and claim their mate during the ceremony. The fact that this mate's identity remains unknown makes it more interesting. It could be anyone and everyone didn't want to miss out on this especially when the Veela is that from one of the infamous Kwon families. 

In this world, Veela is not an unfamiliar creature. They are just one of those rare and special magical creatures in which the population fills up only twenty percent of this world. Only if the family had Veela's blood runs in their vein, their offspring sometimes didn't carry the genes and they turn out to be a normal human but still exceedingly beautiful just like their Veela's ancestry. They just didn't have that original Veela trait. The Kwon is known to be one of those families who carries Veela's bloodline in their family and their second son happens to have all of the original Veela traits after Kwon senior. Those traits begin to shows when he's come of age and now with the knowledge of who his mate is, he's on his way to claim what is his. 

Jiyong slowly turn around and stared at his reflection in the mirror. He smiled as he spread his wings. They had been a nuisance at first, but now he's getting more used to it since it had grown on his back. His wings were rather three times longer than his body, arcing from the left and right of his shoulder, long and narrow but glistening with the soft silvery glow from the inside. He reaches his hand to touch the curve of his wings and shivered at it. That part is always sensitive to the touch and he could imagine how it would've felt if his mate caresses them. 

He smiled broadly as he checked on his appearance once again. He wearing a long white long coat with silver embroideries on each side of it and a complimentary silver amulet, his family heirloom around his neck. His hair had turned into beautiful white - gold strands, slicked back to perfection and his skins that before were just pale white, now had this soft glow on it. He knew that he looked handsome and there is nothing is lacking but a sufficiently noble moment for him to pursue his mate. 

"You looked stunning". Said So Hyung as she steps into the room. "I don't know how your mate could resist". 

"Well, some resistance is expected". He smiled at his sister as she stands beside him, admiring how her brother's wings had grown so strong and beautiful in a mere of times. 

"But not with this beauty". She replied, throwing off his doubts. 

He had been thinking about the possibilities ever since he knows who's his mate is. this person is not just anyone and from what he had known, his mate had been living on his own during the past few years. Up until this time, he had never seen or heard any rumors saying that his mate ever had someone close in his life. His mate wouldn't be that easy to impress but of course, once he had staked his claim, his mate wouldn't refuse him. He had to submit because that's how Veela's bond goes. 

"You'll come back with your mate". His sister assured him again. 

"I hoped so". Jiyong stared into his reflection, feeling the medallion on his chest. "I'll be damned if I can't do that".

 

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Seungri scratch at the collar of his shirt. The buttons had been done up to his throat and now it's making him feel uncomfortable but he had to endure it for the sake of the ceremony.  The graduation robe didn't help either. The soft blue robes were too big for him and now it had been dragging at his shoulder and arm, having him pulling it up again and again. He begins to regret himself for not doing the fitting properly when they ask him to. It just his luck that they would pass the scroll to the dean lists first so he didn't have to wait that long. 

Having to graduate with a first-class degree, he is seated among students that were brilliant as he is. Seungri could tell that he wanted to smile madly himself, from the way his mouth twitched but he still manages to hold a distant expression. The other top students who were seated in the same rows as him, however, were smiling smugly to themselves over the achievement that they had made. While the other just content that they manage to graduate successfully but Seungri didn't feel happy for any of those reasons. 

He feels happy that his graduation days will mark the end of his attachment to this place. This is his freedom, the one that he had dreamed of ever since he's still staying at the orphanage. He had planned this a long time ago, that once he finished his studies, he'll go off the country, traveling on his feet around the world and experience things that he wasn't able to do before. During the years of his study, he had been doing part-time jobs here and there to raise money and save up as much as he could so that right after he gets his scroll, he'll be able to begin his journey. This had been his only wish, the wish that is coming one step closer to become true as the dean called out his name. 

"Finally"... he thought to himself. 

He walks on the stage and receives his scroll. He was too excited that he barely wait for the camera to take his pictures. That is not important at the moment. He rushed back to his seat and hurriedly grab his bag under his chair. He couldn't wait anymore until the ceremony ended as he stuffs his robes and scroll into it, eager to leave the place and board on his first flight that evening. But then, there is this disturbance coming from the hall's main entrance. Everyone else starts talking to each other at the same time that now, their voice begins to echo around the hall. Just like a swarm of bees.

The students who had been seated along his rows had crowded around him, meaning that he couldn't see what is happening. He tried to crane his neck to see over their shoulders but through the excitement, they accidentally pushed him backward. So, he decides to stop caring. He was about to leave after all and continue to pack his bag. 

Then, the scene begins to calm down as the dean urges everyone to return to their place so that the ceremony could be carried on. Seungri was ready to leave but then, one of his former lecturers ordered him to sit down back on his chair. It seems like they had something really important going on and they require everyone to stay in the hall. Seungri can't help but frown at this but he's too getting curious about what had may cause the delay in his plan. He decides to run off if it's not important. 

This time, the thing or rather the person who had caused the scene earlier come to his view, walking slowly down the middle of the hall. He heard murmured of questions, not as loud as before but most seemed to be the center of the questions, 'Who is that Veela's mate?'... 

Now, Seungri had heard about these Veela rumors before, about his mates and whatnot but this is the first time he had seen a Veela. He had met this person before but it was a long time ago before his Veela's characteristic comes out. He can't deny that the sight in front of him is fascinating, more like the Veela exsistence right here, in front of his eyes. It just like what they said, Veela is a beautiful creature and now he can't help but to stares at this one walking a slow parade towards the stage with one hand clasped on the silver amulet on his chest.

He watches as the Veela walked up the stage and moved to stand behind the podium, facing all of the students in the hall. Seungri thought that he doen't need to any longer and waited until the Veela announce his mate since he had more important things to do. He quietly gets up from his seat and slipped his way out from his rows of chairs, then he makes his way towards the hall's exits. From what he knows, to be a Veela's mate is an honor because the person would be protected, cared and love solemnly by the said Veela. By nature, Veela is a protective creature, mostly towards their mates. Seungri thought that whoever that person is, they were so lucky but when it comes down to him, he wouldn't need to be that person. He is happy on his own, he'll be content with just depending on his self rather than someone else.

"Lee Seungri". His pace is halted upon the mention of his name. The hall becomes quiet because of it and now, all heads were turned to him but he didn't dare to stop. Maybe this is all his imagination, he thought as he continues his pace until the voice spokes again. "I have come to claim you as my mate". 

The hair on the back of his neck bristled as he slowly turns his head back. Praying that what he had heard is just a prank, a joke, or anything but the truth. But then, the very Veela who now standing on the stage had been gazing on him. The Veela's eyes are fixated on none other but him. Jiyong looked at him as if he's a property or something that rightfully belonged to him. 

The rest of the halls were staring at him, perhaps waiting for his response but Seungri had a flight to catch. "I'm sorry but you might get the wrong person. I need to go". He said before he could stop himself but the Veela's eyes remain serious as he looked at him. Seungri thought that if he runs, he might escape this. It's ridiculous as to how it sounds. How can a mate of a Veela be a male? 

He turns around but then he heard flaps of wings and before he could take any steps further, Jiyong had already landing gracefully in front of him. "I would never come to you if I am unsure. You are my mate Lee Seungri". Jiyong said and Seungri is taken aback. He spread his wings, flooding Seungri's vision with a silvery glow as the light reflected on it. 

"You must have get it all wrong. There is no way I would be your mate. We - we had never spoken to each other in the past". He told the Veela, and he could feel his stomach sunk just like each and every time he finds himself falling in a rather weird situation. 

"I wouldn't be mistaken of whos my mate is". Jiyong broke in, his cheeks flushed in bright pink. Worried had begun to clawed every inch of his heart. This wasn't supposed to happen because even if his mate is ought to be resisting him, he won't resist to this extend. "You should want me the way I want you to be my mate. You should feel right in your bones that you're mine as soon as you looked into my eyes". 

Seungri lifts his head and stares into Jiyong's eyes but he didn't feel any of those. "I'm not your mate. Find someone else," and then, he turns away and walks around Jiyong. His grip on his bag leash tightened as he makes his way out. He needs to hurry or he will miss his flight. 

He manages to get two steps away when the shadow of wings fell upon him. He didn't have time to run when Jiyong, with a furious screech, fly down and sweep him off his feet. He feels a sharp pain at the back of his head and not long after that, his vision turned blurry. He feels a brief wind on his face before everything went black. 

 

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Jiyong comes down on Seungri with his mind blazing as he scoops the latter in his arm. He hit the back of Seungri's neck to make him lose his consciousness before he could fly them both back to the Kwon's manor. Along the way he can't stop thinking, how dare Seungri deny him as his mate, how dare Seungri humiliated him in front of so many people like that -

His wings close to his body as soon as he landed in front of the door of Kwon's manor. So Hyung who had been waiting for him to come back rushed eagerly toward him but her smile slowly disappear when she saw Seungri being unconscious in Jiyong's arm. "What happens to him Jiyong?". She asks but Jiyong didn't stop to answer her questions. 

"I'll explain later. Don't disturb me, I need some time alone with my mate". He said dismissively as he brings Seungri upstairs to his room. The door of his bedroom closed on itself as soon as he walks in and then, he laid his mate on his bed. He then retreated to the vanity table and sit on the chair and only then he had been able to breathe properly. 

The thought of his mate rejecting him is making his heart race to the point that it began to hurt, and back then, when he had to hurt Seungri... it had feels ten times worst for him. A Veela wasn't supposed to hurt their mate. He should protect Seungri even if his own life is at stake but the way his mate acted earlier was not how it was supposed to be either. He wondered how on earth all of it had gone so wrong. His mate wasn't supposed to act like that at all. 

All of this thought is making his head hurts but then he comes out to his sense when he heard the sound of his mate waking up from faint. He immediately rushes to Seungri's side. "Are you okay? Do you need anything?". He acted out of his veela insticts. He was worried and seeing his mate like this didn't make anything better.

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Seungri opens his eyes to a foreign place and a dull pain on his neck. He pushes himself up and reaches for it but before he could, a pair of arms catches his hands first. "Are you okay? Do you need anything". He turns his head to look at the person who that voice belonged to and he sees Jiyong, staring back at him worriedly. So he figured out now that Jiyong probably had brought him to his place. 

He slowly pulls his hand away from Jiyong's hold and searches around for his bag. He needs to leave this instant and the way Jiyong had been holding him back is so upsetting but he chooses not to say anything right now. He decided that it's no use arguing with a confused Veela like Jiyong. 

"What are you looking for?". Jiyong asks as he stared at his mate but Seungri ignored him. He feels a slight throb on part of his wings when Seungri does that. Times passed by and now, Seungri had already got off from the bed and Jiyong had started to feel his patience running thin. "I said, what are you looking for?!". He snapped and this time, Seungri doesn't ignore him anymore but the way his mate is looking at him at the moment is cold. 

"I am looking for my bag! I need to catch my flight this evening". 

Jiyong's face paled when he heard this. His wings dropped to his sides as he hurried over to his mate. "Where are you going? You can't just leave me when we're bonded like this. You are my mate and you're ought to stay by my side forever". 

"I've had enough of this". Seungri glared at him. "Why do I have to oblige to whatever nonsense you're saying? I am not your mate and whether you realize it or not, you just attacked me, and bring me here without my consent, and if I pressed charge on you, your feathered would be stuffed in jail for all I care". 

Jiyong stares  back at his mate wordlessly. He doesn't know how to repond to this. Mates shouldn't insult their dominant like that.  He feels anger bubbling inside of him. 

He spread his wings out again and said in a voice that is strangled with anger. "You can't say something like that to someone who had every right to claim you!". 

But then, Seungri begins to snarl at him. "I don't care! I don't want any of this. I don't want to stay with you for the rest of my life. Even if it kills me, I would rather die than having to see your stuck up face every ing day". Seungri said through his ragged breath. His face is scarlet with anger and his fist had curled so tightly that his knuckles turn white. 

"You.. you don't need to insult me like that". The Veela finally whispered. The insult hurt as if Seungri had torn his wings with a sharp knife and the pain sinks deeper into his skins. A mate didn't insult their veela. Maybe they'll resist but never an insult. The emotional pain is closer to physical pain and he could feel it deep in his bone. The insult makes him want to tear his wings off. "Please don't insult me like that". He said as his breath hitch and his voice sound weak.

Seungri's heart softens at this. Jiyong looked like he's really in pain but he didn't dare to put down his guard yet. For all he knows, the Veela might be pretending. "Why not?" He asked, still staring cautiously at the Veela. "You hurt me and now you tried to take my freedom away. You should've predicted how I'll react when you take away my chance to leave this place and all the people that had hurt me in the past". 

"Who had hurt you?". Jiyong asks as he spread his wings wider as if it's a shield for Seungri. Seungri's resistance toward him is still his concern but the thought of someone else hurting his mate is all he could think of right now. 

"A lot of people". Seungri said slowly. "I can't specifically tell you who they were... but, why do you care anyway?".

"Because it's my part to protect you". Jiyong then stalked toward him and Seungri steps back until his back hit the bedroom walls. The Veela's wings curved around him, wrapping him like a cocoon. "As your mate, I have to be the one who stands before you and prevents any danger from coming closer to you. That's what I want to do. That's what I was born to do". Seungri's breath was caught for a second he looked at Jiyong's eyes. The hazel orbs were staring at him full of mirth as Jiyong lean closer. It was amusing but part of himself said that this is nonsensical. He pushes Jiyong off and turns away. 

"You don't even know me". 

"I know you're my mate and that's all I need to know". 

Seungri stares at Jiyong wordlessly. He doen''t know how to put this into words anymore but they go to the same school and that school is filled with people who always disregard his opinion because he doen't have influence, who refuse to be his friends because of his background, who often took advantage of him and making his life miserable but at all those moments, where is Jiyong? Who was supposed to stand before him or whatsoever? It's only because of his instinct that Jiyong seeks for him. He shook his head. No, he doesn't need this now. He is strong enough to stand on his own two feet.

'Listen" He begins and almost felt sorry that Jiyong starts looking at him expectantly "I don't understand all of this but what obvious to me right now is, I don't want a mate. You should have one, but it's not going to be me". 

"It's always been you". Jiyong said and his wings begin to beat again. "I need you to give me someone to defend, to love, and to care. When I claim you, you couldn't say no to me but-"

"But I did okay" Seungri interrupted brutally. "I also know that a Veela's mate supposes to feel the bond between them but I feel nothing when I looked at you. Isn't it clear enough that I am not your mate?". 

Jiyong's face was utterly stricken. "But that's not the way". He whispered. "This is something inborn. I wouldn't pursue you if you wasn't my mate but why you didn't feel the same?". 

Seungri breathes deeply as he glances down at his wristwatch. Great, now he had missed his flight and all of these talks are making him feel annoyed. "I have no answer for that, but what I know is that I'm not your mate. How can you be so sure that I am your mate, anyway?  you could've find someone else who would be more than glad to fill this position". 

"You are not listening". Jiyong snapped. "There isn't anyone else. It was my instincts. The day you come to age, everything that is so vague before this becomes clear. I woke up that day and the first person who comes to my mind is you. That's how I knew you are my mate, Lee Seungri". 

If anything, Seungri wasn't impressed at all. "It could be a mere coincidence". 

"There isn't such coincidence in this matters". He snarled at Seungri's face, although a few hours ago he can't even imagine doing such things to his mate, this is already gone far too  wrong. "I don't want you as a mate! Your resistance towards me already felt so horrible but my instincts choose you because you were the right one". 

"If that's the case, find someone else". Seungri said as he no longer cares. He starts to look around for his bag, wanting to leave so badly. 

"I can't" Jiyong gripped his hair when his head starts throbbing. His wings were vibrating around him now and he felt the pain slowly spreading in his vein. He could barely focus when he saw Seungri already moving around looking for something, moving away from him. "You're it Lee Seungri. If you refuse like this... I don't know what will happen because no one ever did". 

"This time, it's happening". Seungri said uncaringly as he finally found his backpack leaning against the nightstand. He picks it up and heads towards the door. "I wish you luck at finding a new mate".  

Jiyong shook his head. His wings begin to beat faster and faster that it starts to hurt. His hand reached his face and his nails begin to dig on the skin of his cheeks, clawing for his eyes next just at the time Seungri turns back at him. 

"What the hell are you doing?!". Seungri was so shocked that he immediately run towards Jiyong. It took him everything he had to hold Jiyong's hand from trying to claws his eyes out and he ended up chaining both of Jiyong's hands with his arm. They both fall to the floor with Seungri's arm around Jiyong's body but his wings continue to tremble. Jiyong bowed his head and groan. His stomach is churning with nausea now. 

"What happen to you?". Jiyong can barely hear his mate alarmed voice. The pain keeps on growing. He feels blackness creeping in around his eyes. His gut's churning got worse and then there is this noise like ringing glass, added by the pain in his wings, and then, he passed out. 

 

 

 

A.N: I'm the biggest Harry Potter fan ever and I've red all 7 books though the movie can't beats how fantastic HP books is. My favourite character is Sirius Black. I legit cried when he got killed by Bellatrix. >< now back to this story, I wrote this base on one of the magical creatures in HP that is Veela. Anyone that have red or watch Goblet of Fire should know what Veela is. In HP the Veela didn't hv wings or whatever, I'm just adding it up for this story lol. So, I hope you like it and please write down your comment and tell me what do you think abt my style of writing. Its really important to me bcause I need to know what I can improve on and so on.  I feels like comments is a reward for author whenever they write so PLEASEE. 

ps: in real life, I am a very awkward and random person. I hv this resting face and everyone was scared/shy to talk to me but seriously, when people had know me, i'm just the biggest nerd ever. lol. so, who is like me? anddd I play mobile legends too! 

oh, and almost forgot, Thank you to nyongtory18, xxDRAGONLOVERxx, kwonjiri, V1ranti, seungrii, meg_vvip, 1victory6, filiwidi, GiElNory, Jacqjk, myownlilbubble, sam_bel, knarihime, SeungrRiRi, sadclown007, Nikiah, nor_aishah2, Lerik-San, tayforv, SYLVIP, Yoonona, Aikosan, rh3apanda, wonglifeforever, Jessra, jongkeyminkey, sadiraelau, missaimamie for the upvote! and also thanks to the all subsribers too. ^^