First Date

The Veela's Mate

They walk towards the pavilion where the performance was held. There this flight of steps that lead toward the pavilion, arching in half-circle, and people were using it as a place to sit while they watch the show. Peoples had already crowded the place when they arrived and the music had already started playing. Jiyong looks around to find a proper spot for his mate but Seungri had already walked toward an empty spot in the middle of the steps. He hurried along so that he can put his wings on Seungri again.

"Let sit here okay?". Seungri said and Jiyong quickly searches for his hanky so that he can place it as a mat for his mate but Seungri sit down before he could do anything.

Seungri smiled faintly when he glances at Jiyong, watching him frown while stuffing the hanky back into his pocket. The Veela sit down beside him and he felt the curve of Jiyong's wing on his shoulder again. Seungri breathes deeply as he pulled his knees towards his chest. He rests his chin on his folded arms as he stared at the pavilion. He feels glad that at least, he still had a chance to come to this place but he would feel better if he could come here alone. He tilts his head to the side and stares at Jiyong. The Veela is distracted by the dust on his palm to notice that he's staring, Jiyong, if anything seems uncomfortable sitting at a place like this. He knows someone in Jiyong's status would never be in this kind of place, disgusted even. He didn't miss the sneering looks on Jiyong's face while they're at the bookshop earlier, heck, the Veela didn't show any interest to look at the books that he purchased earlier. 

Not that he expects anything from Jiyong but he can't deny that it makes him feels a little bit disappointed. He was right when he told So Hyung that whatever happened between him and Jiyong right now is not love but because of the stupid instinct. Jiyong won't ever look at his direction if not because of it so now, how can he trust something so superficial as this bond? and yet, he had to live with it for the rest of his life. Seungri wants to laugh because all this seems like a big joke to him. 

A round of applause brings him out from his thought a moment later. He looked around and saw that the show had already ended and people had started to disperse away. Great, now he had missed the only things that could put his heart at ease. "Let's go now?" He lifted his head to see that Jiyong already standing in front of him, extending his hand out at him. He took it and Jiyong pulls him up to his feet.

There is someone who he wants to meet before they go but Jiyong had already looked so excited to leave. "Lee, let's go". Jiyong said as he tugged Seungri's hand.

Seungri ignored it and he keeps looking at the pavilion, hoping to catch someone's eyes, and when he smiled as the person notice him. He waved at that person, raising his voice a bit as he said, "Youngbae hyung!".

He could feel how Jiyong tensed and hold on his hand tighter when Youngbae skipped towards them.

"Seungri, I thought you already left the country". Youngbae said, patting his shoulder lightly. 

"Nah, something happens". He smiled but then, he noticed that Youngbae is not looking at him and he realized that he was looking at Jiyong. "Oh, I almost forget. This is Kwon Jiyong, my Veela mate". 

The word makes Jiyong pressed close to him. The Veela move to stand behind him, taking a deep breath. Seungri stood still and bore with it. He couldn't imagine a world where his neck could smell fascinating, but obviously, Jiyong lived in such a world. As much as it still makes him feel uncomfortable, Seungri doesn't want to hurt Jiyong by rejecting him. So, he would put up with it, even when there is a wrinkle of suspicion on Youngbae's face when the lad stares at him. 

Seungri tilted his head back to Jiyong. "Do you mind if I talk alone with Hyung for a minute?".  Said Seungri, his voice soft and he added. "I won't go far and I promise that I'll come back to you once I finished". 

Jiyong glances at Youngbae and then back at his mate. He doesn't like to see Seungri with someone else or being far from him but at least this time, Seungri is asking him nicely so he would let it slip. "Alright" He reluctantly agrees.

Seungri quickly pulls Youngbae to the side, away from Jiyong but not that far so Jiyong still could see them, and only then, he let go of Youngbae's arm. "You owe me some explanation Seungri. I heard the rumors but I thought it's just a fluke because you were there". Youngbae said, eyeing him warily. 

"Yeah I know, that's why I come here today". Said Seungri. "I was supposed to board my flight, right after my graduation ceremony, and then, out of nowhere Jiyong came and claim me as his mate" he stops for a while to see if Youngbae still listening, and then, he continued. "I've agreed to live in Kwon's manor and not to put myself in unnecessary danger. In return, I make him agree not to put any restriction on me and not to expect me to act like a normal mate". 

"Oh wow, that's a lot for a Veela to agree to". 

Seungri frown at the fact that Youngbae seems more surprised by Jiyong than being surprised about him being a mate of a Veela. "Whatever". He said and decide to ask instead, "Do you know anything about this hyung? about being a mate to a Veela? I mean, do mates have any say in this situation? It had just been three weeks and all this had made me feel airless".

So Hyung and Jiyong kept talking about what Veela want and didn't, what they're used to  and so far what's seems incredible to him is the fact that  no mate ever rebelled or ran away. Their life must be . 

"Well, from what I know, usually, this is what they want". Youngbae sounded a little apologetic, at least, even as he shook his head, "To be taken care of, to be loved and pampered. 

Right, Seungri thought but unfortunately, he's not among that kind of mate. "But hyung, you know about my plan. I can't stay here. Is there any way out?". 

Youngbae, if anything looked a little bit startled when he said that. "I thought the bonds between a Veela and their mates are lifetime Ri? and if he had claimed you as his mate, that's mean you'll be with him forever. Most of the mates know this and naturally accept it but why do you can think to run away?". 

Again with this bond. Seungri wipes his palm to his face, trying to suppress the urge to scream as loud as he can. The talks about this so-called 'lifetime bond' is making him feels sick. "That is the problem hyung. About this bond, I didn't feel anything about it or towards him. That's why I want a way out because I am certain that I'm not his mate". He stared at Youngbae. "Can't you understand hyung? I want you to help me". 

Youngbae looked at him with a mixture of pity and guilt in his eyes, then he said, "Alright, I find out more about this Veela's bond and we'll see what we can do". 

Seungri sighed in relief. "Thank goodness". 

He remembered about the books that he bought earlier and thought of showing them to Youngbae. It's a book about Veela actually and he hoped that they can discuss about it but then, he heard a commotion coming from the place he had left Jiyong earlier. They turn their heads and Seungri's eyes widen in fear as he saw what about to happen. Without a second thought, he sprints towards Jiyong. 

 

****************************************************************************************************************** * ** *** 

Meanwhile

Jiyong sends Seungri off with his eyes and he begins to chew on his nails as he sees how Seungri put his hand willingly on that stranger's arm. Well, that man might be Seungri's friend but he still a stranger  to. His wings start to beat relentlessly as he keeps his eyes on Seungri. The Veela in him urges him to go there and secure his mate inside his arm once again, but he also wants to show Seungri that he trusts Seungri unconditionally. Seungri had made a promise to him so he tries to convince himself that he got nothing to worried about, after all, Lee Seungri is his mate. 

"Hello". Jiyong stops chewing on his nails as he felt a hand on his shoulder. He glanced at the person briefly before turning back to his mate. A normal person would stop bothering him when he shows zero interest in communicating with them but this one not.

"Well, this is a surprise to see a Veela in this kind of place". The man said as he moved to stand in front of him. He stands there, hands stuffed in his pocket and a small, mean smile in place.

 "My name is Lucas, I'm Seungri's friend". The man said as he extends his hand and now, he got Jiyong's attention. Something about this person feels off.

"Nice to meet you". Jiyong said, just to acknowledge him and he didn't take the handshake. Lucas chuckle at this. 

"I always heard that your kind is stuck up". He smiled, "but never believed it until I saw it with my own eyes". 

Jiyong studied his face. He'll respect Lucas if it's true that he's one of his mate friends since he doesn't want Seungri to think badly of him but if he's not, then Jiyong will not hesitate to teach him a lesson to not mess with his kind. "If that's what you think, it's better if you walk away and see if I care". He said before keeping his eyes back at Seungri. 

Lucas seems to notice this and he moved to stand beside him. Jiyong doesn't like the way he's staring at Seungri. "It must be tough for you to have Seungri as your mate. I know him and he's not the type to trust anyone, not the type to bent for anyone. A tough nut to crack". He snorted as he turns his head to Jiyong, "I heard about what happens the day you claim him. He refuses you right?". 

"Why would you care?". He asked. "He had told me about all of his concern, and he doesn't want to be held back. I agree. For the moment, we've come to the compromise of him being my mate". Jiyong glared at Lucas and for a moment, he doesn't know why he had to explain this to someone as insignificant as this prat. He thought that maybe because Lucas exclaims that he's one of Seungri's friends but it, this person is such a pest. 

"But I know Veela". said Lucas, cocking his head back as though he was looking down a long line of Jiyong's ancestors as well as at him. "You won't be content with the compromise for long, whatever you might tell Seungri. You'll want to take him away. And he'll fight you for that, and you'll get angry, and you'll beat him or whatever it is a Veela do". 

Jiyong snaps his head toward Lucas. Now this conversation had started to make his blood boil. "No Veela would do that to their mate". Lucas sneered at him. 

"But no Veela - heck, even a normal person would want a mate like that". Lucas said and turned away from Jiyong to consider Seungri. Jiyong had might thought it was simply dismissiveness or boredom but then, Lucas continue, "Trust me, I've been trying for ages, he won't open his legs for me though he used to be a ..."

The next words that come out from Lucas's mouth had been blurry to him since all he sees is red, and he attacked. 

He moved like a springing vulture, rising from the ground, his wings beating strongly behind him, his claws aimed ahead. Lucas was spinning to face him with a shocked face, arms coming to defend himself, turning on his heels to run away but he was too slow. People around starts to panic and the thoughts were traveling in Jiyong's head faster than his wings could beat. Jiyong knew that he might cause Seungri to get upset with him, and make him lost his friends, but he simply couldn't help it. Not when someone insults his mate like that.

 

************************************************************************************************************** * * *

 

Seungri found himself reacting as though he'd expected it when Jiyong start to went crazy, even though he hadn't, not at all. 

But nothing exept predicting it could have explained the way he sprints to Jiyong, grabbing his arm as the Veela leaped into the air, and pulling Jiyong down into a half - hug. Jiyong fluttered his wings frantically, chopping and sawing with his claws at what Seungri thought wasn't but Lucas.  He would be shocked to find that Lucas was there if not because the scream that broke forth a second later made him flinch. 

"Hush, it's okay". Seungri whispered, rocking Jiyong against him. It was a ridiculous position to be caught in, and he saw a sneer on Lucas's face. Af if it was not him who cowering in fear a second before, but he ignores that for a moment and focused on calming Jiyong first. "It's okay. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. It's doesn't matter what he said to you". 

Over Jiyong's head, through the wild mass of his hair sticking out like feathers, Seungri caught a glimpse of Lucas's face and tightly compressed lips and wanted to groan. He wonders why Lucas was here and what does he said to Jiyong that make him lost control like this? That prick better not telling something unnecessary to Jiyong or else, he was the one who'll slice him to shred instead of Jiyong. 

But right now, the truth was less important than calming Jiyong down. Seungri murmured to him about the necessity of honesty, comforting him with the words he knows a Veela wanted to hear, and how it was okay, how they would compromise even on this. Gradually Jiyong's claws vanished and he turned his head. His cheeks brushed against Seungri's, and his voice faded into another series of bubbling croons that become words and Seungri listened to them. 

"I want to protect you. I want to take you home and get you away from here". His hands closed tenderly on Seungri, and he looked into Seungri's eyes. "Will you come with me?"

Seungri moved his hand up so that he could cradle the back of Jiyong's head, and pressed it on his shoulder. He wanted to say something else, many things, but all the words were the sort of he would say to a friend, and Jiyong wasn't that. 

Then he thought of another way he could look at it. He could approach Jiyong as someone needing help, which is certainly true. Though he's not that good at comforting people, he at least could understand them enough to help. He is good at helping people. It was probably his greatest talent.

"I'll come with you if that's you want,".He said. "If you're certain that don't want to stay here and continue our date". The last words come out like a whisper and it felt bitter as they left his mouth.

For a second, Jiyong's eyes light up as though he was considering it. Seungri hoped that he didn't say anything wrong, and Jiyong didn't think that he had accepted everything or something like that. But then, Jiyong pressed his head back on his shoulder, letting out a faint groan which sounds like an irritation. "I'm certain that I want to go home". He said through his muffled voice. 

"Alright," Seungri said quietly. He would want to stay a little bit longer to talk with Youngbae and maybe find out something about this bond, but things didn't always work out the way you wanted it to be. He then turned to Youngbae who had been standing behind him for a while now. "Hyung, I'm going back with Jiyong. We'll talk again later yeah?". 

"Alright,Ri. Contact me whenever you can". Youngbae nodded, giving his shoulder a soft pat before he cautiously steps back. Seungri smiles apologetically to Youngbae. He supposes that Youngbae is on his guard because Jiyong was there too and unlike that bastard Lucas, that man seems to have more knowledge about Veela than he ever does. 

And he almost forgot about Lucas until that man opens his mouth. "That is it? Not even going to say anything to me Seungri?", Lucas snickered at him. "You must be happy now huh? Having a rich pet that you called mate". 

"Piss off Luke!". Youngbae pushed Lucas away before Seungri could say anything and then he turns to Seungri. "Ignore him and go". 

"It's so easy for you to forget about me! What? didn't I mean anything to you?!". Lucas yelled at him and Seungri is glad that Jiyong didn't react.

Maybe because the Veela is too content with smelling his neck to even care about that bastard but Seungri had started to feel the surge of disgust when he heard it. Why does this bastard have to say this to him now? after the hell he makes him go through? and the way Lucas staring at him as if he was the one who at guilt is disgusting. Seungri wanted to lash out and maybe give that bastard's mouth a good punch if he wasn't holding Jiyong at the moment. 

Jiyong said something, softly but with tremendous strength in his ear, "Please, let's go home". And he begins to unfold his wings. 

"I don't have time for this," Seungri said and turned back to Youngbae. "Hyung, I'll contact you later. Take care". 

"Alright". Youngbae nodded at him and Lucas still giving him a dirty look but he pretends like he didn't see it. 

He turned back to Jiyong and he murmured at the Veela ear, "Let's go". Jiyong sweep his off his feet and he held on Jiyong as the Veela spread his wings, and then, they leave the place. Seungri closes his eyes to get rid off Lucas's face from his mind. He had been doing a good job at avoiding that man up until now and he's one of the reasons he want to leave this country so much. That man won't stop bothering him until he left for goods, 

"You're thinking about him," Jiyong dipped his head and breathed into his ears. "I don't want you to think about him". The Veela nudged him and bit his ears possesively. 

Seungri shuddered a little. "Okay". He said, because he couldn't think of anything else. "I won't". Afterall, it easier to turn his attention to the sharp teeth sinking on his ears anyway. 

Jiyong sighed and hold him closer. Seungri pressed his face closer on Jiyong's chest to hide his growing smile as he remember what had just happened just now. He can't help to think that Jiyong is kind of cute when he's not trying to evascerate people. Not that he cared so much if it's Lucas.

 

************************************************************************************************* * * ***

"Unexpected jealousy like that weakens him". 

Seungri had expected an explanation from So Hyung for why Jiyong had immediately fallen asleep as soon as they got up to the bedroom. And it made sense that he wanted his 'mate' to stay close to him while he slept, with one wing curving around Seungri. He hadn't forced Seungri to get on the bed with him, at least; Seungri could sit on the chair next to the bed and eat a meal while reading the book he bought earlier. 

So Hyung had come back and stood like a pillar at the center of the doorway, watching him. Seungri finally put his book down. It was annoying, having her stand there like that. 

"What?". He asked her, no longer feel the need to be polite. 

So Hyung furrowed her eyebrows as she stares at him with a mild annoyance written all over her face. Not that he cares anyway. "I do not understand how you could refuse my brother and yet still seems so willing to accommodate him at the same time". 

"He hasn't demanded anything important from me". Seungri said.  He knew Youngbae will help him to figure out something about this bond, but it'll take time before he could go back to him, so he thought to read this book about Veela and find out what he could. And, he's certain that he wouldn't wan to sit here and exchange words with So Hyung. That would be the last thing he wants to do in this house. 

"He has demanded you to change your life, that you acknowledge your status as his mate -"

"None of that important". Seungri said. He couldn't comprehend why is it so hard for her to understand when she was the one who told him not to do anything that might harm her brother. And that what exactly he's doing. She should know not to expect anything more from him. 

"It is important," She said as she comes into the room and sat down on the big chair near the door, staring at him. "It is a matter of life and death".

Seungri rolled his eyes and he turns his back to her. "Had we talk about this before? He's not going to die if I consent to do something with him".

So Hyung didn't say anything after that and they sit in silence for a minute before she begins again, "I think you had been on your own for too long that you think that things like this as a burden to you, that you should fight when someone tries put a restriction on you. To take over your life". 

Seungri turn at her and stared at her incredulously. "What the hell are you saying now? How could you make an assumption like that when you don't know anything about me?".  

Soo Hyung sit still again. Then she said, "I was trying to see things from your point of view though I don't think that I need to. I thought your point of view would be that most of a Veela mate that you're one right now". 

"Well, it's not". 

"It's not the viewpoint of commoner either, isn't it?" So Hyung didn't give him the chance to ask what a 'commoner' would be as she continues, "You see this as an obstacle".

"It is". Said Seungri, starting to lose his patience now. "And I face even bigger obstacle every day. Like some people who keep on disregarding me, who keep on holding me down". He scowled when all these remind him of his former classmates, and that bastard Lucas. He wouldn't forgive that prick easily. 

"But this had to change your life". She said, referring to the bond that Seungri had grown tired of listening. 

"But not in an important way," Seungri said, and he shook his head when he saw her staring at him again. "Why can't you people understand? The important thing to me right now is to leave this place". 

"Sure you have other reasons to stay, I mean, if not because of this". 

Seungri thought about it for a while. He had Youngbae but that man understands his reasons and would support him no matter what. "I don't". He said, "but then, there's Jiyong. I am indulging in him because I don't want him to die. It's not worth anything to me". That will not count as a reason for him to stay because he's forced into it.

"So, where you lived is not important to you?". She asked as if testifying a hypothesis on him. 

"Well yeah. As long as not in this country". 

Seungri thought what he said is enough but she keeps on talking nonsense. "Who you marry is not important to you?"

He clicked his tongue in annoyance, "I thought I had told you that this isn't marriage". 

"Of course not". So Hyung said. "For the reason we had already discussed but my brother does. And if you have been forbidding yourself to fight him and willed yourself to go along with this, but you don't realize it, what will you do if Jiyong takes your indifference for compliance and attempts to keep this bond?".

For the first time So Hyung had said something that really makes sense. He wanted to say something in defense or just simply deny her speculation but he found himself at loss  for words. He admits that he didn't think of it that way.

"I thought so". So Hyung stood slowly, gaze lingering on Seungri's face as she moved to the bed. "I thought you didn't fight more because you realize what Jiyong wants, but this is it". 

"It's still not enough to make this a marriage". Seungri said as he tried not to show that he's affected by her words. 

"Very well then. I promised that I'll help but you had to make up your mind before things get worst". Soo Hyung said before she turned and left the room. He clenches his teeth as he stared at Jiyong's motionless face. He won't allow any misunderstanding about his acceptance of this bond comes between him and Jiyong. 

 

***************************************************************************************************** * ** ***

"Before we start, I want to apologize for what happen the other day". 

Jiyong lingered outside the door of the drawing-room. He shouldn't need to do such things at his own home, but Youngbae, the one he recognized as Seungri's friend the other day show up and his mate had ask him for some space to be alone with his friend. Jiyong couldn't refuse when Seungri asked from him nicely. At least, Jiyong could be far apart from his mate now, and his hand won't grow claws and tear the door in attempts to get Seungri. 

Unless if Youngbae tried to lay a hand on his mate. 

Jiyong smoothed a finger over his feathers and went back to listening. Seungri had convinced him that Youngbae had a girlfriend and their relationship are nothing more than brothers. He wouldn't fear him as serious a rival unless Seungri started showing interest in that man. That would be the weakest part of their bond, that Seungri put up with him but show no desire for him. 

"Why would you apologize for him?". Seungri sounds irritated. Jiyong was curious about what had caused it. 

"I mean, I should've brought you somewhere else if I know he was there. Seriously, I thought that bastard won't come near you after I beat him last time". Youngbae said and Seungri snickered after that. Jiyong had started wondering if they were talking about the pest that insults his mate the other day. 

"Whatever hyung. Let's just not talk about him. As far as I concern, he's as good as dead to me". Seungri dismisses it off and Jiyong makes a mental note to ask Seungri about it soon. "Now, please tell me what you've found out". 

"Alright". Youngbae said and opened a book hard enough to make the cover hit the table. "It took me a while to dig into this dominant Veela and submissive mates things. I think it for the same reason, all the authors assume that you know about this already". 

"What does it mean then?". Seungri sounded calm as stagnant water as he asks. 

"I find it weird". 

"Would you just tell me what is it hyung?". At least, Seungri was cracking along the sides now, the way he had when he argues about the compromise with Jiyong last time.

There was a slight pause, and then Youngbae continues, "You know Seungri, we had talked about your temper and how you should behave and the way you shouldn't?"

Jiyong blinked several times. Now, this is new to him. He had never thought that his mate had a temper issue and as far as he sees for the past weeks, Seungri seems calm. He had thought Seungri's calm and cool way of going along with him come from a growing acceptance of the bond, and that was natural after all, no matter what Seungri had thought about it. But now, it sounded like his calm was the result of deliberate training. 

"I know". Seungri said. There was a squeaky sound that was maybe from his elbow, running along with the table. "But it's hard to remember when you make it sounds like you're taunting me". 

"I don't mean to," Youngbae said, and his voice softened with guilt, "I'm just wondering how I should explain it to you". 

"I don't care if you give me a highly technical explanation or not, just tell me hyung. The books I bought earlier didn't have the information I need". Seungri said, his voice sounded tired. 

Jiyong strained his ears and turned his head. If he had known earlier that his mate was that exhausted, he would've bundled him into bed. 

"Alright". Youngbae said, and Jiyong heard the riffle of turning pages again and it stops at some point. "From what I could find, being the mate to a Veela does mean you are bonded for as long you lived". Not even Jiyong, outside the library, could mistake the discouraging nature of Seungri's silence, which made Youngbae rush on, "But it also you have every right on the houses and other properties that the Veela owns. You just ask him something and he'll give it to you because it's part of Veela's instinct to always please their mate. What interesting here is, once the bond is established, you could see through Kwon's eyes from a distance and you'll be able to hear each other thoughts".

But of course he would be able to do that, Jiyong thoughts to himself. Had Seungri thought he was just going to confine him to Kwon's manor for the rest of his life and never let him go anywhere?

No wonder he hadn't  - rebelled exactly. Just looked at Jiyong dead in the eye and refuse to say that he'd do that, and then go on about his life as if that doesn't matter. He could've asked, and I would have told him. 

Jiyong grimaced. To be honest, when he remembered back how he had acted for the past few weeks, it wasn't exactly been encouraging for Seungri when it came to asking. 

"I still don't want it. This bond, I mean". 

Jiyong is taken aback by what he had just heard. Seungri's voice was so soft, so flat and definite. He seemed to be talking to someone who had offered him sweets that he doesn't want to eat in case he spoiled his dinner. 

"Well, Kwon probably thinks you do, or you wouldn't agree to live in this mansion. with him". Youngbae said, and then he cleared his throat. Maybe he was receiving glares from Seungri. Jiyong hoped so. "I mean, you didn't put up much struggles about it I suppose?".

"How much struggle," Seungri said, his voice slow and deep, and Jiyong didn't recognize this voice at all, "do I have to put up to make it as a resistance?".

"I'm just saying," Youngbae said, and Jiyong heard the sound of him shutting the books, as though he thought it was in danger. "At this point, I don't like it either. For you, I think it's unfair". Youngbae speaks like how an activist would, upon the issues of human enslaving. He rolled his eyes. Seungri wasn't a slave, and Jiyong would never attempt to treat him like one, and Youngbae ought to know that. "But Kwon might think that you're going along with - "

"I'm not". 

Jiyong shivered. He feels like something is touching his wings, plucking at the curve of it. He turned his head, curious, but he found nothing there. Then it happened again, on his arm before he could even finish looking at his shoulder,

When he realized what it was, what it must be, he swallowed, feeling a little awed by it. The mate of a Veela's emotions was normally open to their Veela at all times, but the connection weakened in distance. Jiyong had accepted that he wouldn't able to tell much about Seungri's emotion for a little while, other than basic things like whether he is lying or not but it would take more time for the connection to open fully. 

But now, he's getting the physical sign of those emotions, which normally happens when Veela were at distance and not be able to hear their mates or feel that they were in danger. This kind of plucking told him that his mate needed him. And it was strong as if the distances was miles apart and the danger was urgent. 

Jiyong thought he had waited long enough. He stepped forward and opened the door to the library.

Youngbae turned to look at him. He took a step back and raised his hands when he saw him as if to warn him to stay back and after that, he left the room. Jiyong didn't listen to that. His mate needed him at that moment. He strides around the table, towards Seungri. 

Seungri was on his feet, his chair was pushed back a little when he stands up. He looked at Jiyong as if he doesn't recognize the Veela. Jiyong wondered if the danger, whatever it is, had driven him into the back of his mind. He let out tentative croons and spread his wings. 

But before he could reach his mate, Seungri suddenly lunges toward him. He was caught off guard and fell on his back, crushing his wings on the process. His head hit the marbled floor pretty hard and before he could react, Seungri is already on top of him. His mate straddled his waist and press a forearm on his throat while his other hand is positioned at the side of Jiyong's head to keep his balance. Jiyong feels his head spin at the impact and the hand on his throat is making him hard to breathe. 

He choked and reached out a pleading hand to Seungri. He could fight back but he didn't. Jiyong felt the pressure on his throat ease a bit. He gasped out and opened his mouth, not sure what he would say, only knowing that he must say something, that he'll try to answer his mate's questions and let Seungri know that he would be loved and revered. 

"I thought you knew". Seungri said, voice as unpolished as lead. "I thought I make it clear that I hate the thought of this bond!".

Jiyong stared at his mate and said the first thing that came into his head, perhaps suggested by Youngbae's words earlier. "But you agreed to live with me". 

Seungri snickered at him. He shuddered, but still manage to look at his mate and not looking away. That would only begin a greater problem for them.

"I did what I had to do," said Seungri, teeth-gnashing in a fit of uncontrolled anger. "to make the fewest compromise possible, to keep you out from interfering my life and what's left of it! I told your sister that, too. Why do I have to care what your room looks like? Why do I care about who I have to spend my time around? It would look bad for me if you died. It would waste people's time by making them write about that instead of things that matter. I don't care about this bond! about being your mate like all those people think I should, or how they think how lucky I am to be your mate. What a fool! Idiots, like all these matters to me!". 

Jiyong struggled, trying to understand. He is still pressed against the floor by Seungri, strained in his attempt to reach Seungri who looked at him with alien eyes. "But - but you were, you put up with this - "

"I'm not!" Seungri said clearly. "I was mad that you ruined my plan! I'm sick of everyone telling me that this bond is lifetime, I'm sick of your sister telling me that I had to bear it so that you wouldn't die. I'm so tired of this, I don't want it". 

Seungri leaned forward, and Jiyong finds himself flinching as if he was about to strike, although rationally he knew Seungri won't take it that far. 

"I thought you know not to expect me to accept this," Seungri murmured. "As long as I put up to your demand, as long as you're not dying because of me. I thought you know better". 

Jiyong wanted to say something but then, Seungri pinned him harder. It was rather hard when all the spit in his mouth dried up at the sight of that blazing brown eyes. 

"Fine". Seungri said. "You need me to tell you this? Then I'll tell you this. I would live with you, have with you, and touch you because that's doesn't matter. I won't stop living my life the way I want it to be or being with my friends because unlike you, that actually matters. I will do what I had to do. I've been doing it even before you come and I don't see any reasons why I should stop just because of you". 

Seungri let go of his hold on Jiyong and get up on his feet, staring down at Jiyong with a keen glare. "But never think that I had accepted this. When you held me back, I was ing furious. hate it. But I give in because I don't want to cause someone else death. So I bear with it, and hold my tongue and accept your touch because giving in to my temper won't make anything better".

He smoothes the crease on his shirt and paced toward the door. "You're just one of the many obstacles that I had to face Kwon. I'll handle you like I handle all the s I've gone through before". 

Seungri paused on the threshold of the drawing-room and glanced back at Jiyong, who still struggling with his breath, "But if you think I didn't resist because I love you, then, wake the up". Then, he left. 

Jiyong pushes himself off from the floor, breathing and trying not to give in to the tears that wanted to crowd his eyes. He folded himself into a small ball, his wings sheltering his eyes, and waited for the self-destructive urge to come upon him that he had when the first time Seungri refused him.

But nothing happened. It took him a few minutes to understand the likely reasons. 

I would live with you, have with you, and touch you because that's doesn't matter

His mate would touch him, his mate will live with him. The proper emotions were apparently not the requirement, the way he had always learned. 

He stayed a long time on the floor of the drawing-room, too stunned to feel anything else.

 

 

 

 

A.N: This one is intense. Welcome Youngbae! and Lucas is just an extra but play an important part in Seungri's past which will be explained later on.... and So Hyung is just being nosy. Anyway, thank you for your lovely comments and also to all the new subscribers. Thank u for reading and I hope you liked it. Write down your comment and let me know what do you think will happen in the next chapter. ^^

P.s : Anyone here had listen to 'Too Good at Goodbyes' by Sam Smith? It so damn good and I play the 1 hour video on youtube, and keep on listening to it while writing this. I think it match Seungri character in this story.