Chapter 8

House Of Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It has been awfully quiet for both Tzuyu and Mina for the past few weeks. Knowing both of them are not a dominant speakers so it wasn’t that awkward for them but Mina would feel as if Tzuyu was avoiding her at certain times.

“Maybe she needs time to adapt in here” That what she thought. Afraid of invading her personal space Mina let the younger girl enjoy her solitude time. The only time they would actively interact with each other was when they are trying to complete the mural project.

A little thanks to quiet atmosphere, their concentration and proficient level has boost up a lot and there’s no single errors in the process which shorten their project time span.

“Finally…”

“I can’t believe it Mina unnie”

“We did it Tzuyu!”

Both of them hugged and jumped with joy celebrating their prideful mural in success. Clearly both of them miss each other embraces. Couldn’t control her emotions, Mina kissed the younger girl forehead without warning. Tzuyu didn’t flinch a little bit but she let the older girl do whatever she wanted to do right now.

Both of them stared at the wall canvas filled with beautiful flowers while still hugging each other. Both reluctant enough to let go.

“I’m sure Jihyo unnie will proud of this Tzuyu”

Tzuyu’s heart sank when she heard about Jihyo. Feeling couldn’t carry this doubt and burden buried inside her heart Tzuyu decided to come clean. Slowly she free herself from Mina’s embrace.

“Mina unnie, there’s something I need to ask.”

“Yes Tzuyu? Is there anything I could help?”

There’s a long pause right after Mina gave her cue and there’s Tzuyu stood in front of Mina while her face facing downward couldn’t lift because of her sudden quail. She’s afraid. Afraid of being nosy in Mina’s life when she’s nothing but her soeur bonded by business.

Gently Mina took the younger’s hand and drag her out of the mansion. Tzuyu mindlessly followed the older girl to wherever she led her. After few minutes they arrived at some sort of small house. Tzuyu never reached this place before nor knowing its existence.

The moment she stepped into the small house, it’s full with flowers and edible fruits. This place emits sweet and soft scents which calms one’s heart from distress. Tzuyu closed her eyes and calmly smiles indulging herself into those sweet fragrance.

“Finally you smile. Nice fragrance isn’t it?”

Tzuyu woke up from her day dreaming.

“Yeah it’s nice in here Mina unnie. What is this place?”

“It’s our school’s greenhouse. Some students would visit this place whenever they’re in distress. I just thought maybe you were in distress this past few week so I bought you here. Feeling calm?”

“It did. Thank you Mina unnie.”

“So mind telling me what’s going on inside your head? But first let’s take a seat.”

Both of them seated on nearest bench.

“Mina unnie I’m sorry if I’m making myself look like a nosy person but I this question has been bothering me for a while and…”

“So is this the reason why you’ve been avoiding me all this time?” Mina didn’t let the younger girl finished her questions.

“Some of it yes.” Mina chuckled a little bit. She took the younger girl’s hand.

“Silly. It’s okay Tzuyu. I’m all ears. I’m your grande soeur remember? I did my pledge to guide and protect you so if there’s any doubts or troubles please confide on me. Have faith in this unnie!”

It soothes Tzuyu’s heart when she heard comforting words from Mina. Maybe it was stupid for her to avoid the older girl when everything could be solve with a simple interactions. It wasn’t Tzuyu’s fault for being naïve and scared at the same time when their relationship is still at early stage.

“Can you tell me about Jihyo unnie? You told me your Grande Soeur died because she saved you from that accident but what about Jihyo unnie?”

Mina didn’t expect her petite soeur would actually asking for clarification about her soeur status. She thought the younger girl have almost zero interest in it even worse when she was forced to accept her necklace without options.

“It’s true my first Grande Soeur is dead. Jihyo unnie was her replacement due to some circumstances.”

There’s a sting silently impale Tzuyu’s heart. Maybe it’s true then. She and Jihyo are not any different but just a soeur under circumstances.

As Tzuyu was about to deepen her question, She saw one figure rushed towards them shaking while her face quite pale and panic reflected through her eyes.

“Sana unnie…” She whispered to herself. Such a great timing!

“What’s wrong Sana? You look pale” Mina sat up and approached shaking Sana.

“Mina! Momo! She… injured herself again!” Sana screams loud enough to shaken both Tzuyu and Mina.

“Oh dear. Not again. Just take her to our mansion first. Doctors will arrive soon and why are you shaking? It’s not our first time dealing with this”

“That’s the problem! I don’t know how many times did she injured herself now her injuries are getting worsen! I don’t think she could heal before…”

“The meeting!?” Mina knew exactly what Sana was referring to. Mina slap herself. They’re in big trouble. Tzuyu watched the two of them silently while her head is filled with confusions not knowing why both of them are panicking over injuries and a meeting?

“Calm down Sana. We won’t solve anything by panicking. I think we need an urgent meeting at the mansion to sort this thing out” Mina tried to calm down her friend.

“You’re right. I’ll go find Dahyun and meet at the mansion later kay?”

With that Sana quickly exit the place leaving confused Tzuyu and calm Mina behind.

“Are you going to call our Grande Soeur? I don’t know what’s going on but it seems serious?” Tzuyu broke the unbearable silent atmosphere.

“I don’t think so. They had to deal with our situation few weeks ago and I don’t want to burden them to witness anymore incident…”

“Incident…”

Somehow there’s a slight pang inside of Mina’s heart when she suddenly recalled about “incident”. She knows exactly why her heart suddenly beats faster when she mentioned about “incident”. Why both of them never speak nor clarify about the past week incident? It’s like it never happened or bother both of them. Or maybe it’s just the younger girl’s conscience holding her back from talking about it. That’s what Mina thought.

”Maybe she has been avoiding me because of that?”

“Unnie are you okay? Your cheeks are burning red”

Without knowingly Mina’s cheek suddenly turned red when she recalled the incident and it doesn’t help her when the younger girl moved closer and feel the older girl’s cheek to make sure everything is fine.

No it doesn’t look fine. Tzuyu could feel how hot her unnie’s cheeks are. Not satisfied with the result, she leaned closer till both of their forehead touches each other. Tzuyu closed her eyes just to feel the difference between her and the older girl’s temperature without realizing Mina’s reaction.

Mina was unable to utter a word nor actions. She let the younger girl do whatever she please. She didn’t have the strength to react any of the younger girl gestures. In fact she’s enjoying their close proximity right now. Drown into Tzuyu’s affections, Mina suddenly lift both of her hands and natu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter