Chapter 5

House Of Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5

Tzuyu is early for her usual meet up with Mina. She feel drained for the past few days after dance club incident thus making the girl to keep her distance from both Chaeyoung and The Roses family and reaching out to the lake for peace of mind seems a wise choice for now. Feeling tired, she take a sit and lean on the tree.

“So many dead leaves and it’s not even fall yet...” she whispered to herself

Dead Leaves perhaps the lake is in sync with her. It feels like they can read her emotions at certain times. Feeling overwhelmed by those dead leaves, Tzuyu took out her sketch book and starts sketching solemnly.

“It’s not fair you started without me”

Tzuyu startled a little bit. She didn’t aware of Mina’s presence earlier since she was too engrossed with drawing. The moment Mina flashes her sweet smile somehow it brighten up her mood a little bit with a little frown illustrated on her face.

“What’s with that face?” Being an observant type helps Mina unlock some of Tzuyu’s unreadable demeanor.

“Nothing…? Can’t you see I’m into drawing right now…?”

Tzuyu tried to change their subject but Mina is not buying it.

“Perhaps are you bothered by something?” Feeling quite annoyed Mina sat next to Tzuyu.

“No! Look! I’m drawing something!” Tzuyu shoved her sketch book in front of Mina’s eyes.

“Is this what you call drawing? It somehow looks all over the place? This is not you Tzuyu… Clearly you’re distracted by something. If you have something to tell just tell me… I’m all ears”

Mina scooted closer and put her arm on Tzuyu’s shoulder pull the girl closer trying to give some comforts. Beaten by Mina’s soft voice melts Tzuyu’s cold wall earlier. She gave up and it’s only natural when she found herself leaning on Mina’s slender shoulder getting all the comforts she needs right now.

“I don’t know… I feel so tired past few days… emotionally”

“I can tell by your drawing…. Is there someone bothers you?”

“No… it’s more like I’m bothering with myself and I’m not quite sure why I’m feeling like this…”

“I think you need time…”

Not knowing how to answer nor furthering their conversation both of them fall into silence while not letting each other embraces. Tzuyu silently enjoys their warmth and once more she feels safe and secure when she’s with Mina.

“Do you ever like someone?”

Tzuyu feel like slapping right now. She didn’t know where she got the guts to finally confess things that bothers her truthfully. Mina did not expect the younger girl would ask such thing out of the blue.

“I mean… do you ever have a feeling on someone? What does it feels like?”

“Like is such a common word Tzuyu and it’s not enough to express my feelings” (LOOOOL sorry)

“You think so?”

“Yeah… you can replace like as admiration or adoration. Anyone could say they like someone for example us”

 Tzuyu abruptly lift her head and giving the what-the-hell-look at Mina but she heard little giggled from the other girl.

“What’s with the look? I told you LIKE is such a common word. Of course I like you. You’re naïve, honest and very into arts just like me. So I like you”

Mina grew fond of the younger girl. Both of them seems to acknowledge their relationship is pure with both parties expects nothing in return. In fact Tzuyu is the only junior Mina ever talk to excluding Dahyun since she is part of the Roses family. Mina could sense the girl’s sincerity through the way she talks and acts in front of her. Sharing the same passion and traits made it easier for Mina relating herself with the younger girl and she could feel there’s no ulterior motive between their relationships

Mina is not a fool either. She knows what Tzuyu was referring to. As member of Roses Family she knew exactly what’s going on within the Yellow Roses family whenever they mentioned about Tzuyu but none of them know Mina secretly meets Tzuyu every day after school end.

There’s a time Dahyun would confide to Mina about how she could see Tzuyu liking her Sana-unnie fearing she might abandoned by Sana anytime. Mina doesn’t like to be involved in any Roses drama but she need to help out Dahyun and end this ruckus. Sometimes she would questioned herself why she’s bothering herself getting involved in this drama. Is it because she really want to sort things out for the Yellow Roses family or is it because for the other girl sake?

She feels uncomfortable whenever Dahyun got the wrong ideas everything about Tzuyu characters but who is she to stand up for Tzuyu when the rest of them didn’t know about their secret relationship? There’s no way Tzuyu would do such thing to get herself into the council when she knows the younger girl has zero interest about it.

“What’s wrong loss for a word?”

“NO!”

“Now, is it the same LIKE you have for the other person?”

Tzuyu closed her eyes and try to sort out her feelings. Of course she likes both Sana and Mina but are there any slightest details that could differentiate both feelings? She didn’t like Sana at first but the moment she saw her gracefully making wonders with piano she adores it. She didn’t know why Dahyun’s action affected her that day. She didn’t even know why there was a slight angst present.

“Is it jealousy? NO WAY!”  

She whispered to herself while shaking her head furiously. NO! She didn’t like Sana that way. It hurts her heart when Dahyun dismissed her right away in front of the others because she feel ashamed and humiliated at the same time since she doesn’t belong in that place. It was Sana’s plea made her stay because she is her fan.

“Yes…! I’m just one of her fan”

She cursed herself for getting herself into pit of shame.

Meanwhile it’s the other case for Mina. She was drawn into the girl the moment she saw her peacefully sleeping beneath the tree appreciating Mina’s features like a muse and she would blush every intimate actions the latter did towards her. She never once complained nor rejecting the older gestures. Mina gives warmth, comfort and cares whenever the younger girl needs it. It’s almost fate when she would bump onto Mina whenever she get into trouble with the Roses.

Sometimes Tzuyu would cursed at fate why Mina belongs to House of Roses. She doesn’t even want to involve with The Roses even more after feeling ashamed and humiliated at the same time but there’s no way Tzuyu would break her deal because of one mere drama. It’s only her luck when Mina doesn’t hang out with Momo and Sana frequently so they could meet without  worrying about assumption or rumours.

Tzuyu found herself face to face with the realities. Mina IS still part of Roses Family and their eventual meet up every day will end once their project is complete. Sadness and loneliness starts to creep inside of her heart. She frowned.

“What’s with the face? You didn’t even answer my question yet”

“Never mind… let’s drop it. It’s not important anymore”

“You sure? Your current face is contradicting yourself right now”

“I’m fine… let’s not waste any time we have”

“Okay…” Mina gradually gives up.

Tzuyu hate the fact that their relationship was bind by this project. She foolishly wish time could stop. She hate the fact she might lose the girl once everything comes to the end. There’s no way Mina could resign from the council just to abide Tzuyu’s own selfish wish but she genuinely worried about the older girl when Mina dedicate her time and energy too much towards House of Roses. Sana and Momo are part of the council members too but they don’t overwork themselves past school hours while Mina dedicate almost all of her time getting everything done in the mansion and sometimes she would slack off or taking naps while working together.

“Are you tired? I think you need some nap… go ahead. I won’t mind”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter