Chapter 7

House Of Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 7

The night was cold. The darker the night, the deeper Tzuyu fall into unknown emotions. She was tired. Tired of everything that had happened just in one day. She even sank into grief not knowing how Chaeyoung will react.

Will Chae understand her situation? Will she be judged? Are they going to remain as friend?

Lots of doubt and fear consume Tzuyu’s will power. There’s a time when she thought running away might be the best solution for now when she already knew she won’t attending the same class as the shorter girl and let her mystery died down by time but NO! She was mad at herself for almost opting to lowest decision. Son Chaeyoung the only friend she ever made in this entire school. She treasures Chaeyoung a lot to let it hanging.

She let out a big sigh.

“What’s with the sigh? Sorry I’m late. Miss Momo won’t let us go until everyone memorize the last choreo. What a bummer”

“It’s okay Chae. I was here just few mins ago. Anyway let’s have a sit first”

“Sure”

Both of them walk silently to nearest bench with heavy silence. It’s was weird for Chaeyoung when Tzuyu asked for a meetup suddenly when she know Tzuyu doesn’t hang out after class ended in fact this is the first time she asked her out. She’s been silently examine Tzuyu’s face while walking and she could see such a burden face reflected by her mere peripheral view. Somehow she feel nervous.

 They both seated quietly next to each other. None of them dare to speak first. Feeling atmosphere getting thicker, Tzuyu clears her throats

“Hmm.. Sorry I took your time tonight”

“It’s okay. It must be something important since you never asked me out. What’s wrong?”

“Chae… I don’t know where to start but… whatever I’m going to tell you next, promise me you won’t drop our friendship!”

“Kay…?” Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows. Tzuyu eyes looks desperately seeking for affirmation from the shorter girl.

“Chaeyoung… I’m afraid we won’t be seeing each other often from now on.” Tzuyu didn’t even have the courage to look at Chaeyoung’s eyes. She has been staring on the ground while confessing. Meanwhile the shorter girl has been silent since forever but seconds later she starts to laugh.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Oh my god Chou Tzuyu… It sounds like you’re breaking up with me? Are we even dating? What’s up? If we don’t or can’t see each other frequently, what’s your reason then? Transferring school?"

“No no… that’s not the case”

“Then what? Just spill it. I’ll be fine trust me!”

“Okay…” Tzuyu feel relieved knowing Chaeyoung is ready for anything. She took a deep breath and slowly revealed her long slim neck neatly attached to one white rose necklace.

Chaeyoung couldn’t believe her eyes. She didn’t blink even once. How in the world her best friend could ever possibly tied to House of Roses when she didn’t even have slightest interest in them? Tzuyu never share nor talk anything about the roses. The only thing she ever told her was her encounter with White Roses and it was once only. Couldn’t believe her eyes, Chaeyoung examine the necklace closer.

“How in the world did you get this Chou Tzuyu? Then the rumour about you and White Roses is true then?”

“Well I never denied about them except the courting each other part” Tzuyu slowly avert her gaze and met Chaeyoung’s curious eyes.

“Then how this happened?” Tzuyu couldn’t say anything since she's awfully afraid since Chaeyoung was protective of her when the rumour started. She didn’t like it when the rumours spread widely and how people stretched out the story twisting her friend’s character as the one who's courting Mina for benefits. There’s a time where Chaeyoung had to stand up and clear everything in front of their classmates just for the sake of Tzuyu’s image but now everything has turned upside down. Tzuyu feels like she betrayed Chaeyoung’s loyalty.

Couldn’t take Tzuyu’s muted state, Chaeyoung reach for the taller girl’s hand trying to calm her down.

“It’s okay Tzuyu. I know you better than anyone else here. I know you wouldn’t do such thing if there’s no solid reason for it. Just tell me since we are here already. Staying silent won’t get us anywhere. Now spill…”

Tzuyu told Chaeyoung everything about their eventual meet up and how they ended up being each other official soeur.

“No wonder I don’t see you around after school. You’ve been secretly meeting with White Roses at the sacred garden.”

“It was pure coincidence. I didn’t know she would be there and the next thing we had was this mural projects agreement which lead where this necklace belongs to right now”

“Actually it is amazing Tzuyu”

“Pardon? Don’t you at least frustrated right now? I ended up with this thing after all of things you stood up for me”

“Not really. We can’t stop people from talking or assuming Tzuyu. Let them be. Only you, White Roses and of course the three other Grande Roses knows what’s going on and the real question right now is, are you okay with this?”

“I don’t know… but I did it for Mina unnie’s sake”

“Now forget about the things you’re going to deal inside the mansion but are you happy to be with her?”

Tzuyu again fall into silence.

“Can’t answer? I think it is obvious Tzuyu. You like her”

“Why?”

“You’ve been spending your precious time with her every day. Now I’m not going to touch about how diligently you obey every Mina’s pleas since it’s obvious you’ll do anything to be with her. Am I correct?”

“I think so…”

“What’s with the doubt Chou Tzuyu? You don’t even spend your time with me than her. Plus only a mad person would agree to such crazy project you have with her. Who the heck would enter that sacred house? It’s clearly you did this for Mina’s sake because you like her.”

“I guess you’re right Chae. I did have this lots of doubt about Mina unnie. I don’t know why I feel glued to her all of this time. I do like the time we spent together but I didn’t know we would end up like this. Plus I’m sure this is a one-sided feeling.” Tzuyu frowned.

“Why?”

“I don’t know… just my hunch. We never talk about nor clarify about our relationship.We did talk about feelings once but it was a mere like while everything else is about getting her projects done plus if it wasn’t for her mural project I don’t think we would come this far. I think our relationship is a pure business”

“Well I can’t tell about it either. Then it’s up to you to find out. Just ask her silly!”

“Are you mad? She might run away from me. I don’t know her much personally aside her professionalism.”

“Relationship is like a beautiful roses. It takes time and patience before it fully blossoms. What you and Mina have right now just a beginning. If you really treasure this relationship then nurture it with care. I’m sure you learn a lot about her in the process.”

“I will! Thank you Chaeyoung. But what I regret the most is I can’t spend my time with you in the class

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter