Chapter 11

House Of Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 11

Heavy

Such a heavy atmosphere clouded Roses Mansion which suffocates two souls trapped inside their own egos. Both of them very wary of each other presence especially Tzuyu.

She’s afraid.

Afraid of her every words, steps, gestures might cause the older girl to snap at her again. Where did her sweet gentle kind loving Mina gone to?  

“What did I even do for her to be this cold?”

Ever since the art studio incident, they barely interact with each other except for The Roses meeting and it was decided by Mina herself she won’t participate this year but Tzuyu. Momo didn’t expect Mina to back out on such important battle. She hates to lose! Is she confident enough to send out Tzuyu?

“I bet with all of my life Tzuyu could do this!” Mina tried hard to plead Sana and Momo.

“Are you sure Mina? This is risky. Not that I doubt Tzuyu but under my calculation White Roses is our main ace to win this. As much as I love my little Chaeyoung over here, her chance of winning is quite risky while Sana could easily win and this is why I need you to be on the line Mina”

“Don’t you think this is where Tzuyu could be our dark horse? I mean look at this way, our rivals knows my strength and weakness but our low profile Chou Tzuyu over here is still unknown. I’ve been spending my time with her everyday so I know her skill MORE than anyone else”

Mina emphasize the “MORE” word clear and loud enough while side-eyeing Sana and of course the latter saw that while lifting her left eyebrows questioning Mina’s random remark towards her.

“So how about you Tzuyu? Are you confident enough to take this challenge?”

“I….. um…. “ Tzuyu kept her head low. She was unable to answer Momo despite Mina’s billion dollar confidence bet on her. She kept fidgeting her fingers calculating her response but it stop once Mina gently touched her hands while slowly lift Tzuyu’s head.

“You can do this” Mina’s simple yet gentle words soothes Tzuyu’s heart and her heart once again melts when she saw warm yet sincere smile reflected on Mina’s face.

“Okay Mina unnie. I’ll do it for you” Defeated by Mina’s gentle smile, Tzuyu submitted to the older girl’s plea.

“Don’t worry I’ll guide you from now on but promised me don’t ever slack off or ditch our art session okay!?”

“Um..? uh… okay” Tzuyu nervously giggled.

Meeting ended once they have decided on the line up. Sana, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu are going to represent Rosa Girl’s Academy on the upcoming pre-battle showdown.

 

-Red Roses Room-

Momo couldn’t stop herself from sighing every after minutes passed. Her mind filled with anxiety and worry. Too many WHAT IF clouded her thoughts. WHAT IF they failed to defend School Of The Year tittle this year? It’s going to be new level of embarrassment and shame for her to bear it.

Sending out 2 fresh year to compete against those elites seems risky but left with no other options, all of them agreed on unison. All she have right now is faith and hope towards her own council members’ abilities.

*knock knock*

Sudden knock snap out Momo from her anxious world. A tall figure made her entrance and it lighten up Momo’s world since she really need this person to be by her side.

“Jeongyeon unnie... Didn’t know you here. Why?”

“Yeah sorry for the sudden visit. Nayeon and I are here just to check on council progress”

“Is that so..?” Momo frowns

“What’s with the face?”

“I thought you came to check on me at least” Momo pouted.

“Awww… Of course to check on my petite soeur too!” Jeongyeon hugged Momo while patting the latter’s head.

“Wow… look at this room. It’s so messy. Amazing you could create such mess while being casted.” Jeongyeon chuckled.

“Stop it Jeongyeon unnie… It is even hard to keep tidy when my mobility is limited! I need wheel chair or walking stick to do my routines”

“Too bad I’m no longer regular here. I bet Chaeyoung couldn’t keep cleaning this room or…. Perhaps is it intentional like last time?”

“NO! NO! NO! NO!” Momo blushes hard while aggressively shaking her head left and right.

 

-FLASHBACK - LAST YEAR-

Momo was frustrated. They have been soeur for long time but Jeongyeon never fully paid attention on her. The older girl was engrossed with her duty as council president which made the younger girl crave for her attentions every day.

She did everything just to gain her attention to the point she would get herself into trouble such as detention so Jeongyeon would nag at her. She’s used to Jeongyeon’s nags and it didn’t bother nor annoy her at all in fact she likes it because that’s the only way Jeongyeon would spend her time with Momo.

This is why Momo likes to messed Red Roses Room just to fish Jeong’s attention. She never felt sorry for the mess in fact she enjoyed every of it just to mess with her Grande Soeur.

“How many times do I have to tell you to keep your stuffs spick and span? Look at our room! Clothes, books, dolls and almost all of your belonging scattered everywhere! How can you live like this Hirai Momo” Jeongyeon sighed while tidying the room slowly.

“Hee…hee…. But I love it when unnie clean up my room” Momo giggled while innocently observing Jeongyeon on her bad.

“What’s with the hee hee hee!? Stop giggling and help me! Out all of spaces we have in this room, you decide to lump everything on my bed! How do I sleep tonight?”

Suddenly a warm hug engulfed Jeongyeon’s back.

“But you can sleep with me tonight unnie” Momo blushed so hard. Lucky for her Jeongyeon’s couldn’t witness how reddish she was. No matter how frustrated or angry Jeongyeon right now, she always melted towards Momo’s soft side. She had zero strength to reject but abide to Momo’s plead and this is how their relationship works.

“Alright. But promise me not to mess with our room again okay?”

“Hehe… I will” And both of them know it’s an eternal lie.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

“Amazing how Chaeyoung could keep up with you. Speaking of her, where is she?”

“She’s at the dancing hall practicing for next pre battle and for your information Chaeyoung, Sana and Tzuyu are our representatives this year”

“Interesting! Now I’ll check on them. See you later” as Jeongyeon was about to exit, Momo halted her.

“Unnie! Are you fine with this?”

“Yeah. Why the sudden doubt?”

“I thought you might against it since we’re sending out new comer for battle at this crucial year”

“Why would I when we did the same last year? At least Sana is there to guide them while your case we sent out the three of you for a battle as fresh year.”

“Heh… true. I guess I calculate too much of WHAT IF”

“Listen… you, Sana and Mina. The three of you were brilliant last year and all of you are so dependable and mature for this thing! You’re clumsy and quite spoiled at times but when it’s about getting done your task and responsibilities you’re one to depend on. This is why Mr Park principal agreed on giving council full authority on three of you while we’re gone. So have faith on them! Plus they are chosen by the three of you so I never doubt my petite soeur choices”

“Yeah except Tzuyu. She was an accident”

“Well you are not wrong about that. But Mina won’t interact with non-picasso bloodline so I guess she’s fine.”

“Yeah their mural project is enough to judge”

“Well I’m going to check on them. Take care Momo” Jeongyeon kissed Momo’s forehead and exit the room.

 

-AT ART STUDIO-

Mina absentmindedly stared at her white canvas. Her mind is as blank as her canvas in front of her. So much going on in just few days and it drained her both emotionally and mentally. Why she had to drag Tzuyu into pre-battle mess just to please her selfish sudden obsessive behavior towards the younger girl although she knew Tzuyu had a little affair behind her back.

Maybe this is the only way for her to get back Tzuyu’s attention and affections she been missing so much till it hurts her. If only she had the courage to talk about it but she had no strength left inside her after witnessing such heartbreaking scene in front of her own eyes.

There’s no way she would ask about it when Tzuyu’s answer is obvious enough for her to assume. Mina decide to keep it to herself as it’s like her self-defense from major heart break she rather be delusional than facing the reality.

“You’ve been staring at that blank canvas for long time” a famili

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter