Ch. III - Bad Ideas, Drunk and Dancing

The Games We Play - Game Over (GFriend Side)

Chapter III - Bad Ideas, Drunk and Dancing


The music was a melodic lobotomy with a dash of emotional reprieve.

With the party in the full swing, Hwang Sohee-shi did a brilliant job of mixing electro house and dance music into one continuous extravaganza. Blending together a hyper electric musical magnum opus that affected our cores. She orchestrated the crowd, her turntables and circuit breaking light show was her conductor baton.

“LADIES!” Sohee-shi’s voice rained from the speakers above us. ”LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAM!”

The dance floor erupted. Reverberating and echoing. There was no up, there was no down. Just the beat and our souls given to the music.

It was wondrous.

Magnanimous.

And in that moment of splendor, everything slowed to a stop. Sound lost all bass, becoming an echo barely audible to hear. It was like time decided to press the pause button on this game called my life.

I was being pulled by some force stronger than gravity. A singularity in space that I couldn't ignore

All centered on this problem in front of me...

A sinfully pale skinned beauty who’s gotten me under some spell.

Her.

It was a random chance encounter with a total stranger in the darkness. She was just in the middle of the dance floor, not really moving or dancing. Instead, she was feeling the music run through her body. Getting a sense of it. Becoming mesmerized by it. The mere sight of her and I was already addicted.

Bare legs that never wanted to end.

Red lips I could see wearing on my neck.

And her eyes.

God, I was in trouble.

They were deep. Real deep. Almost as black as the night. Scared but intrigued. Worried but inviting. Shy but investigative. She was reading every inch of my face, as if to memorize a sheet of music.  

And our eyes met. Locked into place.

Within a second, we had a conversation with no words. Just a silent exchange of her practiced smile and mine, with the empty promise of a good time.

Biting her lower lip as I approached, the pretty girl held my attention

She, above all else, was a bad idea.

But then again, so was everything I did.  

Unpaused.

Slowly restarting. Building. Time continued. And she was letting me take over the controls for this ride.

Excited. Uplifted. Elevated. We felt the rise in each other’s bodies. Warm. Smooth. Soft. Moments of temporary escape. Almost fleeting.

Ever ephemeral. Ever transient.

To forget. To unwind.

Like everything that ever bothered us, the both of us, was just a forgettable nightmare. All we could think about was the now. An all inclusive bliss as we commemorate our meeting in jubilation.

And plural became singular.

And we became one.

And her body backed up into mine.

All building to a crescendo.

An instance of silence. A silence not heard, but felt. Felt deep inside our chests.

Then the bass drops.

And the moment shatters into eternity.

Into infinity.

Into perpetuity.

A million pieces jumping at the same time.

Purples and blues bounced across the walls and reflected off the windows. Hearts pounding in our ears as we were carried with the rhythm of the dance floor. Heavy breathing but no signs of exhaustion. Bodies rocking, touching, feeling. Her hands on me as mine were on her thigh. Exploring every which way we wanted. Holding, cupping, grabbing. Waist, hips, legs. And the back of her neck, tempting me. Her neckline, turning me. Her ponytail, teasing me. The soft exposed flesh of her flat stomach melted to my touch and parted involuntarily into a wild gasp.

Her voice, sweet but intoxicating.

I swear I could get drunk off of the sound of it. Even remembering it could get me bit tipsy.

She looked at me over her shoulder, hunger in her expression. “More” her eyes seem to say to me and I was only too happy to oblige. I spun her around in my arms, raising a small yelp from , and looked deep. Deeper than I should have dared. Deeper than what was necessary. Those problematic eyes that held me. And she was held in mine.

Nothing to hide.

Nowhere to hide.

Everything to express, all visible

This.

The moment was simply this.

And not other word could explain it.

There wasn’t a tomorrow. There almost wasn't a today.

Just a night of good drinks and bad ideas.

Thus we found ourselves inches away. With my arms around her waist as hers were wrapped around my neck. Her forehead pressed against mine as she leaned down.

I was breathing in her personal space.

Moving closer and closer.

Close enough to smell her sweet perfume and see the wetness on .

Close enough to almost taste…

Close enough to...

But...

Not close enough to feel.

Mmmm. I could play this game forever.

As her body stiffened, I knew my work here was done. Her hesitation and nervousness told me everything. Waiting for me to go the last 5% to complete this transaction. Hehe, she was cute. She was like holding a dream. Fragile but precious.

Forgive me. I know I'm a terrible person. But it's the way I am. I wanted to keep this chase lasting a little bit longer.

If only for tonight...

“Until we meet again, Ms. Pretty Eyes” I teased into her ears, my lips nearly nibbling them and her earrings. “And maybe then, I can look into those beauties of yours in the moonlight.”

It took every bit of me to pull away. The reluctance was heavy. Her entire visage wanted me to be next to her. With a huff, I was finally able to back away. As I did, I tried to commit her face, her clothes, her everything, to memory.

And after she responded with a wink and another practiced smile, she was gone.  Now one with the wave of the crowd and darkness.

 


 

Author Notes: This chapter was supposed to be a lot longer. But the more I read it the more this scene took on a form all of it's own. I think I made the right decisions here and cut it where I did. No worries, the rest of the chapter will be the next one!!! Also, yay YeJu scenes. I mean... FINALLY RIGHT!?! Hopefully I didn't kill anyone... That would be sad. Anyways, Hope you enjoyed yourselves.