Ch. XIV - Top, You Play Bottom

The Games We Play - Game Over (GFriend Side)

The Games We Play - Game Over - Ch. XIV - Top, You Play Bottom


I bit my bottom lip.

Hard.

Hard enough to temper myself. Or at the very least my hands. My lips. And my feelings.

Her skin begged for my touch, for my kiss. I wanted to trace her with my mouth. Trace over all the pretty little things I liked about her face.

Yeah.

You could say that I was having a hard time concentrating right now.

She was sin making eye contact, tempting me with her dark void and sharp eyeliner. She was innocence now lost, lips red and wet and ready. She was liquid , toxic perfume filling my senses and wrecking my brain. She was a beautiful insanity, plastered against the wall with messy black hair after . And she was mine to consume, body willing to be destroyed by a simple word or button press.

Heh.

Shame there were so many people watching.

I held her down, pressing her against me. My other hand found her chin. A light push and her neck straightened a bit.

Flash.

“Nice call. Hold there,” Jessica called out.

Flash. Flash.

Yuna’s eyes were drawn to the light, consciousness slowly remembering where she was.

“No, no,” I whispered, mouth parting slightly as I smiled and my lips. “Look at me.”

I was the center of her attention again. A simple command and she lost herself in the moment. The dark black of her void filled eyes refocused, concentrating on the only thing that should matter.

Flash.

“S- Sorry…”

“You don’t have to apologize, my dear,” I smiled an innocent smile. A deliberate smile I’ve practiced a million times.

Yuna matched me and wore one of hers, a smile that had tricked me before. A mask to hide the broken girl inside. Good enough to fool everyone else.

Flash.

Enough to fool everyone else while she wore that short white dress I found particular tasty.

Flash.

Enough to fool the camera while we looked young and wild and stunning.

Flash.

Enough to fool the world, like we entered a bunch of cheat codes and broke reality.

Flash.

“I think… I could get used to this…” Yuna whispered as she laced her fingers behind my neck, clinging onto me as her hips grinded along mine.

“What? Modeling or…?”

I was teasing her, letting my words hang loosely and her imagination turn sideways. I wanted a rise out of her, a hint of a sparkle in her eye while they needed an energetic pose.

Or if they needed something softer.

Or if they needed something stronger.

Or it they needed something inbetween.

I would whisper things into her ear. To relax her. To mess with her. To stimulate her. Playing with her emotions for the camera to show the world how truly perfect she was.

Hmm.

Emotion play...

This is going to develop into a kink, isn’t it?

God, I really am terrible.

Flash.

“Hehe~! Stop it… Your cousin is right there!”

“Don't mind her. It’s okay,” I scrunched my nose and raised an eyebrow. “It looks better for the camera anyway.”

Yuna’s shoulder relaxed, exposing more of her neckline.

Flash.

“But I did mean modeling, by the way... I’m actually kinda having fun.”

“Hmm… Yeah. It suits you…”

It really did.

Flash.

“You're definitely doing a lot better than when I started.” I smiled gently, lowering my chin a bit to appear more demure. “I was a mess.”

“I find that hard to believe.”

A line that caught me off guard.

Flash.

“You’re sweet~!”

She giggled at that, like my words tickled her.

“Do you do this a lot?” Yuna tilted her head to the side when she spoke. I went the other direction, playing chicken with my desire to kiss her.

Flash.

“Only when cousin needs help like now. Although, she did take me to New York for a shoot over the summer break. That was fun.”

“New York…” She smiled at the words. Suddenly dreamlike in expression.

Flash.

That's how we got through the photoshoot. Ignoring the flashing lights as we cuddled and had pillowtalk.

“Okay! I think we can call this one a wrap! Can I get the the next set up please?” Jessica called out. “Good work, Yennie. Yuna. You can take a break for now.”

Yuna hesitated a step toward her that wasn’t completely unwarranted.

Jessica is an impressive woman. But also intimidating. Even when she’s nice, her airy voice comes off expressionless or angry. That was even more so now, as she sat behind a table and was quickly directing and ordering people around. Unnie wore her hair in a small bun, freeing her face of any distractions and she poured over the photos. She kept pointing at things with a pen, a pen she would flick around making her seem increasingly impatient.

This was my unnie as a boss .

“What do you think?” I asked her, holding Yuna by the waist and not letting go.

“I got to say, baby cousin. I almost started to regret hiring you two for this.”

“What!? Why?”

“Mostly because I didn’t want to sit here and watch you flirt with her for two hours.” The pen spun around in her fingers. “Also, I can hear you, you know?”

“Ehehehe~!” I avoided her gaze and played dumb.

“Still…” She eyed both of us carefully, setting the pen down and started typing on a keyboard. “You two do look good together.”

A photo. A brilliant capture.

There we were, standing against a blank canvas, wearing short dresses and looking absolutely delectable.

I looked at Yuna, trying to predict the thoughts going through her head as she looked at the photo.

“It’s weird, seeing yourself like this,” I said, looking at Yuna with a small grin. “When you look at photos like these, you can’t help but think ‘Wah! Is that really me?’”

“Yeah… Like seeing yourself again for the first time...”

Does she see herself? Or someone else? Yuna? Or another mask? Maybe something even more precious inside she didn’t know she had.

“You get used to it eventually,” Jessica’s words left her lips like old happy memories. “By the way. I wanted to try something interesting for the last set. Would you ladies mind humoring me?”

A slight flinch.

Unnie’s left eyebrow.

Just for a moment.

A moment I’ve been looking for.

Sigh… Sorry, Yuna. But there are a couple things I need to figure out.

“Yuna.” Jessica continued, calling out the name with such authority that you couldn’t help but be compelled to listen.

Like a CEO to her employees. Like a queen to her subjects. Like a teacher to her students.

“Ah! Um- Yes?” Yuna stumbled over her words.

“Do you play the piano? You seem like the type of girl who would.”

“Oh!” Yuna rubbed her hands together. Nervously. Vigorously. “Ye- Yes. I do.”

“I wish to capture an image of a lady mid recital. Looking smart and classy while in a pretty white dress. The problem is that the camera shows if you really know how to play the piano or not. Also, I wouldn’t be satisfied with imitators or fakes…”

The last word landed like a hammer.

“So…” she continued. “I want to see you play…” Unnie gestured behind us, the set now complete with a black baby grand piano. “Play anything you want. Anything at all. But if you don’t feel whatever you are playing, then forget it. Play something else. I want you to play something that means something to you. Otherwise, it will be boring. Got it?”

“Y- Yes!” Though her words didn’t sound as confident.

“Good!” Jessica got up from her chair and started to guide us to the set. “Now then… Impress me.”

Ah, … Unnie was getting really serious now, wasn’t she?

Obviously, Yuna didn’t react too well to that.

Her arms froze. Solid. Body rigid and lethargic by the sudden realization to what she had agreed to.

What is it, Yuna?

What is it that scares her so much that she’d want to stop singing?

What is it that messed with her confidence that left her broken and afraid?

“Relax,” I massaged Yuna’s arms as I sat her down on the piano bench. “I’ll be right here, okay? Just here?”

I took a half step back, before pausing, and leaning down to catch her ear…

“Remember,” I whispered. Gentle words to ease her emotions and something to focus on. “You’re going to look gorgeous when this is over.”

A small smile. A soft smile.

Not one of her masks she would use to hide away her shame.

A real one.

One that should be forever captured in a photograph.

“You could have gone a bit easier on her, unnie,” I whispered to Jessica before she moved out of frame.

“Sometimes these things need a little push,” she responded, giving me a knowing smile. “Besides… You want to help your girlfriend out of her problem, right?”

As she left the set, I turned to Yuna and silently mouthed a word.

“Fighting~!”

Her happiness showed despite her body being perfectly still, back straight and hands on her lap. Her elbows were raised a bit from her body, making matching angles at her sides. Shoulders relax and feet firm.

Such an elegant posture. Like a proper lady. Like proper performer.

Flash.

Yuna began to play.

Rain.

That’s what it sounded like to me.

A sudden rain appearing out of nowhere.

A lovely melody. Almost mournful in the quiet. The rising notes happily fluttering despite the sadness. It hypnotized me, the way she played every note. The way her feelings seem to spill out of her and land with every keystroke.

And what killed me the most, what really blew me away, was the way she looked at me as she played.  

Like the notes were words she could not say. Like the song was the only way to convey all the little things she thought.

She was mesmerizing. Forgetting the ed up world around us.

Until it was just she and I.

Her and me.

I found myself watching her lips again. Wanting to fall into them as I read the silent words she mouthed.

Words of shyness. Of nervousness. Of discovery.

And…

『...like now, just like today』

『Will you be with me forever?』

『The clear rain drops』

『That fall on top of my hands』

『Like a warm spring day』

『When the flowers bloomed in my heart』

『You came to me』

『Came to me like the miraculous spring rain』

『Fill me up with you again...』

The silence shattered, her voice echoing throughout the studio.

And in that moment, when she smiled at me, I saw something beautiful.

Like a goofy kid.

Like a weird child.

Smiling and laughing uncontrollably.

Eyes wild and crazy like she’s staring at some far off world.

Her own little world.

A world she was welcoming me into.

Hmm.

You know, in a different life, I probably would have said it then. Those three little words I’ve been scared to say. But maybe I’m too much of a romantic to say it infront of this crowd.

A crowd of people clapping.


In case you are wondering... The song I imagined Yuna playing on piano: LINK!! Rain in the Spring Time (Piano Cover) - Gfriend

That took a while!!!!! OMG!? I'm alive! Sorry for taking so long! I was busy with another fic that really consumed me emotionally and I couldn't break away from it. Sigh... So crazy! But I'm back. And I'm in a place where I can continue writing this one again. 

And... wow, it this chapter super influence by that other fic... Lol. That beginning. And the title. If you are interested in some angst/mature content check out my new fic, go the LINK!!! Half/Half (JeTi)

Anyway, I'm now mentally back here and I can start going into some of the crazier reveals about this story too. 

Hope you enjoyed yourself and stay beautiful.

And remember to have good memories and nightmares.