Eight

Until It Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for late update, my laptop is broken. I need to use the computer at the office to type this and have not much time when I'm at office So.... :(

"Just shut up and go back to sleep, will you?!"

Nayoung massaged her forehead when she heard Jieqiong was yelling back instead of apologizing. She knew the Chinese girl was tired after her flight but she should be sorry for at least waking Sungyeon from her slumber.

"Let me handle them," Nayoung pushed Minkyung gently. "I don't want the other kids to wake up because of the ruckus."

Minkyung just nodded and gave enough space for Nayoung to stand up. It didn't take time for Nayoung to go to Jieqiong and Sungyeon's bedroom to prevent the war if that even possible to happen.

When Nayoung opened the door, she saw Sungyeon ready to shout back at Jieqiong. The composer looked so tired and Nayoung understood because she was also there when they were practicing their vocals and dances. It was not easy for Sungyeon to add the fact that the younger girl mostly spent her break time writing songs instead of sleeping or playing with others. The stress must be built up inside Sungyeon's and good rest at night was one of the ways to reduce it. So Nayoung completely understood why Sungyeon was blown up because of the sudden commotion caused by Jieqiong.

"Sungyeon, please don't," Nayoung pleaded with a soft voice. "The other kids are already sleeping right now. You don't want to wake them, don't you?"

"But unnie…" Sungyeon whined although she didn't say anything more than that. And Nayoung felt grateful with that behavior.

"And Jieqiong… please apologize," Nayoung stared at Jieqiong who was hiding under the blanket.

There was silence. When Sungyeon almost whined again, Jieqiong finally spoke. "I'm sorry, Sungyeon for waking you up… I shouldn't slam the door…"

There was another silence before...

"And I'm sorry for yelling at you," Jieqiong added.

Nayoung and Sungyeon shared a meaningful smile. The former told the latter to answer Jieqiong with her eyes.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you too, Unnie… I know you're tired," Sungyeon replied. "Is you flight fun?"

Jieqiong only nodded. She was still hiding under the blanket. She clearly refused to talk to any of them. And it made Sungyeon look at Nayoung for help.

"Just go back to sleep, Sungyeon-ah. Tomorrow we have practice. Save your energy, okay?" Nayoung reminded her while patting Sungyeon's head after reached her bed.

"Alright, Unnie. Good night."

Nayoung was waiting until Sungyeon went back to sleep before facing Jieqiong. Honestly, Nayoung didn't know how to act around Jieqiong in this situation. Facing Jieqiong when she didn't make a ruckus already hard for her, so this current situation was the worst scenario Nayoung should deal with. But once again, as a leader - she hated that position sometimes - Nayoung had no choice but to face Jieqiong no matter how upturned her current thoughts were.

"I'm sorry to make a ruckus… You can go back to…" Jieqiong paused for a while. "Whatever you're doing." And she still hid under the blanket.

There was a hint of bitterness in Jieqiong's voice but weirdly it gave a little bit of hope for Nayoung. Was it wrong to think that Jieqiong was indeed jealous? Was it wrong to think that Jieqiong also still has the same feeling with Nayoung? Was it wrong to think that Jieqiong can't move on like Nayoung did?

But… how about Eunwoo? Where did she stand? And why Eunwoo told Nayoung to tell Jieqiong if she missed her? What had Jieqiong told her? How far she knew about their previous relationship?

Hesitantly Nayoung approached Jieqiong's bed and sat in the corner. Nayoung tried to grab one of Jieqiong's unused hand to hold the blanket that covered her face. Unconsciously Nayoung sighed in relief when Jieqiong didn't pull her hand from her hold.

"Have you washed your face? You told me it's no good to sleep before cleansing, right?"

Nayoung really tried her best to start a conversation. Although it was easier if Nayoung asked Eunwoo to talk with Jieqiong since they were - are - really close, but as a leader, she must do this. She shouldn't disturb Eunwoo's bedtime for this matter. She should know how to handle her own members without any help. And Nayoung really didn't make an excuse because she was jealous or anything. She was just doing a fine job as a leader.

"I'll do it later, Unnie. I promise I won't make any ruckus or disturb Sungyeonie again. I'm sor…."

"Stop apologizing, Jie…"

Nayoung was stupefied when she accidentally called Jieqiong with the nickname she gave to her when they were ‘together'. She briefly felt Jieqiong squeezed her hand because of it. Nayoung started to realize their relationship was something for both of them, not only her. Jieqiong actually returned her feeling when they were together. It was too bad Nayoung just realized it. If only...

"But unnie, I deserve it. I should apologize…" To you were the words that didn't escape from Jieqiong's lips although Nayoung can hear it echoing inside her mind.

At the moment Nayoung felt Jieqiong’s hand was trembling under the blanket. Judging from her thin voice, Nayoung knew Jieqiong was crying.

"Jieqiong...." and just when Nayoung almost pulled Jieiqong for a hug, someone was calling her from the door.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter