Ten

Until It Breaks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm home..."

Nayoung has a habit, whenever she came back to the dorm, she always announced her presence by saying that. This dorm she lived with little ones as her home - her second home if must be said because her mother would be cried if Nayoung didn't remember where she originally belonged - it was a comfortable place when she shared laughed with the little ones after tiring practices or works but sadly lately it didn't feel the same anymore, at least for Nayoung.

As a leader, one of Nayoung's main duty was to keep peace in the dorm. And it automatically became her fault when one member didn't feel safe and sound there. This reason simply made Nayoung stop anyone to apologize that morning. If there was someone to blame for the intense atmosphere this morning when they ate breakfast in the dining room, Nayoung was the one.

"Welcome home, Unnie. How's your trip? Siyeonie didn't cause any trouble, right?"

Nayoung fell silent for a moment. Her mind was running into her conversation with Siyeon in the car on their way to the latter's school.

 

- Flashback Start -

"What kind of talk do you want to do with Jieqiong unnie, Unnie?" Siyeon asked casually. "Do you have a plan on scolding her for the ruckus last night?"

"Hm? Why do you think so?" Nayoung tried to maintain her poker face. It was hard to hide anything from this Pledis Princess to the fact that Siyeon was actually a good observer.

"Do you know how scary you look this morning?" Siyeon asked again without answering. "Did you see how other members start to behave after you asked Jieqiong unnie about the talk?"

Nayoung glanced at Siyeon before returned her focus on the road again.

"Whatever you're planning to talk with Jieqiong unnie, I hope it's for good," Siyeon continued. "Please settle down whatever happened between the two of you."

"Did you..."

"I know nothing, Unnie," Siyeon cut her off.

- Flashback End -

 

"Princess Siyeon is good when she gets what she wants. We know that, right?" Nayoung replied while giving Yaebin a little smile. Yaebin simply nodded. "Where is everyone? Why it's strangely quiet here?"

"Sungyeon, Kyla, and Yewon in our room. They are clearly discussing something but they always keep quiet when I try to get closer, so I left them," Yaebin answered. "Minkyung unnie and Kyungwon unnie return to their room after told us to clean the house just after you left. But if you are looking for Jieqiong, she's in her room with Eunwoo."

Nayoung was silence because of the last statement Yaebin gave her.

"Before you left, you said you want to talk to Jieqiong, right?" Yaebin carefully asked. "Do you want me to call her, Unnie?"

Nayoung paused for a moment to consider where she had to go first. Did she have to check maknae-line first? Or did she need to check unnie-line too? Or did she go straight to Jieqiong? But Eunwoo...

Nayoung sighed heavily. She almost ran away again instead of facing her problem. She had to talk to Jieqiong and it was inevitable for peace in their dorm. The incident last night and this morning should not happen again.

"No need, Yaebinie. I'll go see her by myself," Nayoung replied.

Once again Yaebin only nodded though in the corner of her eyes Nayoung could see that girl following her.

Nayoung knew Yaebin just worried, it was clear in her eyes. Nayoung was grateful for it but at the same time, she really hoped she would get privacy when she talked to Jieqiong later.

*

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"It's me... Can I come in?" Nayoung softly knocked on the door and announced her presence. It took a minute before someone opened the door. She was kind of expecting to see Eunwoo's face instead of Jieqiong's.

"If you..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter